Plea to all CN players

stockhunter

We don't send out recruitment messages Sax so I don't know what you're talking about. Also I echo the sentiment that micros pull away active people from the overall game and that micros more often than not are more of a liability than an asset. This is because, typically, micros:

-Are desperate for attention/relevance, so jump into conflicts to try and make them escalate so they can say "Yeah man I started a global war". 

-Don't taking responsibility for their actions (look at these ridiculous limitless nexus and RIOT threads of late to see a pristine example of not taking responsibility) and blame everyone but themselves for the situation they're in.

-Don't care about the consequences of their actions, because big daddy protector will bail them out if things get hairy. Or better yet, the micro will just wield the name of their protector to scare people into action/inaction without letting their protectors know the situation into which they were prepared to throw them. With less to lose the micro will often make poorly thought out or blatantly idiotic moves just to alleviate boredom and not care what happens as a result.

These are generalizations and don't apply to every micro out there, and in fact there are plenty of well run, competent micros around today. But in general I've found the above to apply in some capacity to a majority of them, so micros aren't the answer in my opinion. 

I don't see how these statements apply to Limitless Nexus, I never blamed anyone else for my decision to bring Stonewall in and never asked anyone for protection. I fought Kashmir as long as they wanted with no complaints, until they wanted white peace with my entire alliance.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how these statements apply to Limitless Nexus, I never blamed anyone else for my decision to bring Stonewall in and never asked anyone for protection. I fought Kashmir as long as they wanted with no complaints, until they wanted white peace with my entire alliance.

And going back to my ego-driven micro comment ..... You're making this all about you and how you handled your !@#$ with Rey ... This is all about a larger and broader issue at discussion, not about you and not about what you just did in the last couple weeks. Edited by Rayvon

We don't send out recruitment messages Sax so I don't know what you're talking about.

Well then I must be confusing The Order of the Paradox with another alliance, because I most certainly received a recruitment message about the "Newest Sanctioned Alliance" When do you think I started playing this game?

We don't send out recruitment messages Sax so I don't know what you're talking about. Also I echo the sentiment that micros pull away active people from the overall game and that micros more often than not are more of a liability than an asset. This is because, typically, micros:

-Are desperate for attention/relevance, so jump into conflicts to try and make them escalate so they can say "Yeah man I started a global war". 

-Don't taking responsibility for their actions (look at these ridiculous limitless nexus and RIOT threads of late to see a pristine example of not taking responsibility) and blame everyone but themselves for the situation they're in.

-Don't care about the consequences of their actions, because big daddy protector will bail them out if things get hairy. Or better yet, the micro will just wield the name of their protector to scare people into action/inaction without letting their protectors know the situation into which they were prepared to throw them. With less to lose the micro will often make poorly thought out or blatantly idiotic moves just to alleviate boredom and not care what happens as a result.

These are generalizations and don't apply to every micro out there, and in fact there are plenty of well run, competent micros around today. But in general I've found the above to apply in some capacity to a majority of them, so micros aren't the answer in my opinion. 

^^^ Dead on. Micros are more harm and draw away good people. You need a basis from which to establish yourself for the most part, a few people, and to have been in an alliance before typically to have a good chance at succeeding.  Otherwise, its just a drain.

Well then I must be confusing The Order of the Paradox with another alliance, because I most certainly received a recruitment message about the "Newest Sanctioned Alliance" When do you think I started playing this game?

We've literally never sent out recruitment messages in the 7+ years I've been here.

And going back to my ego-driven micro comment ..... You're making this all about you and how you handled your !@#$ with *** ... This is all about a larger and broader issue at discussion, not about you and not about what you just did in the last couple weeks.

When someone says something false, then I'm going to correct them. You've made quite a few false statements about me and Limitless Nexus yourself, until I corrected you. Also I've only spoken of my war with Kashmir, not whoever it is you're trying to make this about.

^^^ Dead on. Micros are more harm and draw away good people. You need a basis from which to establish yourself for the most part, a few people, and to have been in an alliance before typically to have a good chance at succeeding.  Otherwise, its just a drain.

I like how you agree with this statement, yet you run an alliance that, in the beginning of it's existence, for at least a year, was a micro itself, so what does that mean?

I like how you agree with this statement, yet you run an alliance that, in the beginning of it's existence, for at least a year, was a micro itself, so what does that mean?

Well, see, when DT formed, there were more new nations to gather up. Therefore, their chances of growing were exponentially better than LPH's would be if we decided to start spamming out messages today. DT also had a clear, stable direction to grow with.

That DT had a competent core that had come from other alliances previously that led to a lot of success?

I can agree with that. But, DT proves that not all micros are !@#$.

It's almost as if what Bob said matches that and you are arguing just to argue.

We've literally never sent out recruitment messages in the 7+ years I've been here.

I love your attempt to make me look stupid or forgetful, because you are most certainly lying. TOP sent me a recruitment message, they may not recruit anymore, but they sure did when I made a nation.

I'm arguing because I don't like to be called !@#$.

He literally said there are exceptions. NSF isn't one of them; Atlas is unproven but I like Alexio so I'll give them a pass.

I love your attempt to make me look stupid or forgetful, because you are most certainly lying. TOP sent me a recruitment message, they may not recruit anymore, but they sure did when I made a nation.

Uhhhhh no they actually never have and the fact that you got a message doesn't disprove it. Hell, you might just be misremembering!

You heard it here first folks, Saxplayer is the only person TOP has ever actively attempted to recruit. He's that awesome.

Well then I wonder how this: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=546620 Naiton made it to TOP, he's been there for his entire nation's life, he's either a re-roll of a previous TOP member, or a new recruit, he MUST have gotten into TOP somehow.

Well then I wonder how this: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=546620 Naiton made it to TOP, he's been there for his entire nation's life, he's either a re-roll of a previous TOP member, or a new recruit, he MUST have gotten into TOP somehow.

He's a re-roll who knows about TOP because he's played the goddamn game before. They admit nations, that doesn't mean they recruit.

I'm arguing because I don't like to be called !@#$.

Given you are the one that described yourself as shit and Bob actually said something kind of reasonable, you might want to invest in some reading glasses.

When someone says something false, then I'm going to correct them. You've made quite a few false statements about me and Limitless Nexus yourself, until I corrected you. Also I've only spoken of my war with Kashmir, not whoever it is you're trying to make this about.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

I made a passing comment about a multitude of alliances. Again, to reiterate that point. YOU have made my comments, and the other comments, about you. YOU drug the conversation down the road in specific to Limited Nexus and YOU are trying to make it about you. Yes you are only speaking of your war with Kashmir - that's what I said .. I'm not trying to make it about anybody in a singular form, I'm trying to continue a a larger discussion that you keep narrowing down to be about YOU.

Now, if we can continue to talk about the overall situation and not about Limited Nexus, that'd be great.

Well, see, when DT formed, there were more new nations to gather up. Therefore, their chances of growing were exponentially better than LPH's would be if we decided to start spamming out messages today. DT also had a clear, stable direction to grow with.

That DT had a competent core that had come from other alliances previously that led to a lot of success?

I can agree with that. But, DT proves that not all micros are !@#$.

DT's early days are a good example of those current alliances I earlier mentioned; tJL, ToBR, etc .. Someone who knew what to do, someone who had a group-oriented direction, a group of people rather than 'someone' in the case of DT and a number of other examples ..

Directionless vs directed

Given you are the one that described yourself as !@#$ and Bob actually said something kind of reasonable, you might want to invest in some reading glasses.

Considering I can recall multiple people calling NSF shit, I kinda don't like that. 

Considering I can recall multiple people calling NSF !@#$, I kinda don't like that. 

When the alliance has 50 members and couldn't find a more reasoned person than you to put in high government, I could see where that impression could be fostered.

You quoted a post in which no one said that and then are running with it based on one habitual shitposter shitposting.

blah blah blah

In every response after I corrected you the first time, you've made sure to make new false statements about me or my alliance in each one. If you weren't trying to steer this off course, you would of just stopped after I corrected your initial mistake.

As to the bigger picture, Stonewall has said he knows a lot of people who don't currently play Cybernations he can most likely convince to join. So once Stonewall is back from his break, Limitless Nexus has potential to grow and continue to bring new players into the game. Even during the war I got someone who's nation deleted long ago to create a new nation when he saw things were actually going on. So Limitless Nexus has already brought 1 extra player to CN, with more likely to come.

Edited by Methrage

That would be a reroll of charles, who was already an accepted member. Your point?