Cascadia and Tikal

Dillon1102

"Her Serene Highness, Shana'Kin Yaxchel Ik'nal, Ix'ajaw ichil Tikal, Cihuatlatoani Tlahtoloyan, Embodiment of Awilix, has declared her willingness to meet with representatives from Cascadia, whether such happens within the Principality itself or wherever your diplomats may deem it desirable.

"Should Cascadia wish to meet within its own sovereign territory, be advised that the Princess will travel with a personal entourage of six guards and at least five dozen servants, utilising the Principal Concorde to make the journey as short as possible. Preparations for such a journey may also take up to seven days.

Please inform us where you would like the meeting to be held."

• 3 weeks later...

"Worry not, your apology is accepted. Merely notify us a few days in advance about when your delegation will arrive. Everything else will go most efficiently."

[OOC: I'll skip to the meeting after your next post, if you don't mind.]

The meeting room, once Saunders had been brought there, turned out to be a large winter garden. Waiting for him in it was the Prince, standing besides the table.

"Mister Saunders, welcome to the Principality. Please, have a seat." The Prince would motion for the visitor to take a seat, then sit down himself. Afterwards, he'd wait for the Cascadian to begin the meeting.

Jack took his seat across from the prince after he motioned for him to do so. He opened the bag he had brought with him, pulling out a lemonpad and a few papers. He cleared his thought and began to speak, "Hello your majesty. It is quite an honor to in the presence of someone with your stature. My government has dispatched me today to discuss three presiding topics. Trade, alliance, and the devious USA."

The Prince smiled jovially. "How refreshing to see someone approach this sort of meeting in such a straight-forward manner. Now then, free trade can be included in a treaty, that's not a problem. In regards to an alliance, I would believe that an ODP, to be reviewed in a few years, would be the best option for the time being, unless you have a different proposal? Now, concerning the last point... Before I say anything about that, I would first like to hear what you prepared. It seems obvious that Cascadia isn't all too happy with the US."

Jack put away the document concerning trade an the alliance for the prince had offered what the Crown wanted. "Excellent that's what we were hoping for in an alliance. Now concerning the USA we are angered by their expansions and military bases all over the world. Then they try into and move into territory south of Cascadia. That is a big red flag."

"Indeed." The Prince nodded. "The US is attempting, from what we can see, to play the World Police that it was in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. This is not something compatible with the current political situation in the world in my opinion. Unfortunately, there is not much to be done other than verbal warnings of some sort. We can't exactly replace the government in Washington because the US is stretching beyond its reasonable limits, can we?"

"That unfortunately seems like the best we can do. Unless they do more extreme things similar to trying to place a protectorate over the SouthWestern United States. Tikal and Cascadia could place embargoes on the country? Maybe trade sanctions? But that is up to you, your highness."

"There is the possibility of us demanding they remove their personnel from Hawaii, or Tikal closing the Panama and Nicaragua canals to their vessels, military and possibly civilian. Those are options that would hurt them as much, if not more than even sanctions, I would think. But for now we'll just have to wait and see if they do anything else."

"They need them because they're the US of A, of course." The Princess rolled her eyes. "But to be frank, the moment the US gives us an excuse, Tikal will demand that they vacate the Islands. And from what reports are suggesting at the time, they're working on incorporating their protectorate into the US proper. So, expansion. Again not something I'm happy to hear about, but little we can do about."

• 3 weeks later...