how big should a warchest be

abcdefg23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I am at war and I don't even know what a war chest is. 

Exactly the proof we needed to put to rest once and for all that no one needs them.

How much cash do you need?  Last war i spent 3.5 billion dollars, and the war before that I spent around 2.5 billion dollars.

I am excited to see how much money I can blow on the next war!

I blew a little over 2 last war, first time I've ever reached that high (despite being the same general size the last few wars.)

Bigger is always better.

You can answer this yourself. Cost to replace 36 weakest navy ships plus rebuy airforce 3 times plus 10ml for spies/spying plus cost to rebuild soldiers/tanks 5 times plus cost to buy two nukes plus bills= the max you are likely to spend in one day during war. Multiply this by the number of days you expect to be  at war, and you will find that since there is no upward maximum for the time you may be at war, the actual answer is the number of days between now and the end of your RL life expectancy times the above figure.

For me, it's less "How bg should my warchest be" and more "how many days can I survive during a war with my current warchest?" How many days you want to be able to survive for is relative, some wars in CN have lasted like five months, or idk probably even longer idk the whole history. My calculations put me spending 40m every day, meaning that 1.2b would last a minimum of 30 days.

If you are winning, or fighting 1-2 nations you will not spend this much but when you plan a WC, you want to err on the side of having and not needing rather than needing and not having.

we conduct a poll to ascertain what people perceive about MI6?

only if the options are great great great great and great

vfabic

You can answer this yourself. Cost to replace 36 weakest navy ships plus rebuy airforce 3 times plus 10ml for spies/spying plus cost to rebuild soldiers/tanks 5 times plus cost to buy two nukes plus bills= the max you are likely to spend in one day during war. Multiply this by the number of days you expect to be  at war, and you will find that since there is no upward maximum for the time you may be at war, the actual answer is the number of days between now and the end of your RL life expectancy times the above figure.

For me, it's less "How bg should my warchest be" and more "how many days can I survive during a war with my current warchest?" How many days you want to be able to survive for is relative, some wars in CN have lasted like five months, or idk probably even longer idk the whole history. My calculations put me spending 40m every day, meaning that 1.2b would last a minimum of 30 days.

If you are winning, or fighting 1-2 nations you will not spend this much but when you plan a WC, you want to err on the side of having and not needing rather than needing and not having.

As much as I hate to be serious in this thread... this calculation is on the right track but missing a couple of key details. While fighting, win or lose, you can expect infra to drop, bills to drop, and even rebuy expenses to drop (you just cant buy as many tanks after losing 300 infra, for instance.) Once you get sub-1k infra it's a very cheap party to host. For extended engagements I find I can keep expenses down to 2-3mil/day. So if that 1.2bn lasts you the first 30 days, the next 30 might only cost you around 90mil. Maybe even less, if you are cheap and manage to win a few GAs.

BUT once you are done with all that, you still want to rebuy all your infra. That's where the big money is needed.

Personally I figure my minimum warchest level at ~8. That's 1B to fight the first 30 days, .5B to continue for another 6 months, and 6.5B to rebuild after victory is achieved. :D