how big should a warchest be

abcdefg23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't going to be able to hit your goals with your current path, in fact you'd probably be wrecked in a proper war no matter your WC because your nation simply isn't built to handle one.

This is the truth.  Your nation is not equipped to handle a war at this time.  Without tech you get wrecked, which is why other members and I recommended you start buying tech.

I've never heard anyone say they had to much money after a war.

Indeed

Seriously though dude these are the kinda questions you ask your alliance mates not the gen pop.

Kilroy is right.  You started two threads regarding war chest size and a lot of helpful advice was dispensed in both.  While our forums are not as active as I would like, there are members like myself who check daily and are always happy to answer any questions you may have.

Getting an in game PM telling me to check this thread and reading your green sludge comment......also why do you not have a MHP yet?  That is a big priority, certainly before the Great Temple.

Also he was not being entirely disrespectful earlier.  Most alliances are a lot more strict and/or structure in terms of how you grow your nation.  At your level you would already have a complete trade circle, MHP, a warchest of $X value, etc.  His comment about joining a better AA was probably due to his shock at your current status.  Had I realized you were this bad off, I certainly would have intervened.  A chain is as strong as its weakest link.  I'll see you on our forums.

i want a billion at least before i get in a war.

if you chest is big enough you could be ZI and ZT and still have enough to buy back to your original lvl

Honestly, you want the largest warchest you can possibly get to.

There are various tools depending on the alliance which can help you "roughly" work out what warchest you want.

IE, in 2011 I went into a war with 14k infra and 1.7 Billion.

It has taken me 3 years to rebuild to over 14k infra (mainly due to various other wars getting in my way)

Edited by Stewie

What's wrong with my nation I'm making tons of money

With a few billion dollars and the right millitary wondors and improvements I could become a rough and terrorize cybernations for years no one in my nation strength could stop me..

Also should I stay at my current infa lvl and keep tech dealing and buying wonders or start buying tech

Brag and threaten the community, then ask them for advice on how to do so?

Can't figure out your angle here, guy.

I've never had enough money in any war.

Started in Mid 2010, bought up to 3999.99 infra tech selling and being a noob for the PB-NPO war, had 300M.  Got pasted pretty good that war, but made out ok.

Next war after that was Grudge I guess, where  I was sitting at 4999.99 infra about 1.8K tech and close to $500M.  This war was brutal and I had to limit my attacks fairly quickly as my cash dropped fast.  $500M at that tech/infra is not enough, period.

Then was Dave War, I went into that with I believe 4999.99 infra and probably 3.5K tech, about $500M again due to wonder purchases.  Very unprepared for that war, ran low quick.

Eq I was probably in my best fighting shape (Except lack of WRC).  5999.99 Infra, 4.5K tech, $900M.  I think I ended that war with about $300M in the bank and did not limit airstrikes or spy attacks.  Also had full outgoing aid slots to other AA mates.

Disorder was awful, I bought up to 8999.99infra to get my WRC in late July (blew my warchest literally to nothing, thought we had a christmas war coming and gambled), got I think 3 collects in before Mushquaeda happened, 8999.99 Infra, 6.5K tech and probably $700M?  

This last is probably a good example of WC requirements, I was not well funded and as Finnish Commie continues to remind me (Berbeggars) I basically survived off aid from Mid-December to the end of the war.  I started fighting ex-mk in late september/early october and when Disorder started I basically had to limit spy attacks and plane purchases from day 1 and also started getting early aid bombs, still ran out.

Next war I am aiming for 7999.99 infra, probably 8K tech and about 1.2B, I'll let you know how that works out for me :D

*please note, above numbers were used in scenarios where I spent little to no time in PM or out of wars, I was generally engaged from Day 1 to end day with probably 2-3 average battles at a time.

Also its worth adding to Berbers post that warchest amounts last longer or shorter depending what numbers you're fighting. As in if you are on the side that is outnumbered it is going to drain faster than if you are on the curbstomping side as you will be most likely fighting more during the conflict when outnumbered.

Also its worth adding to Berbers post that warchest amounts last longer or shorter depending what numbers you're fighting. As in if you are on the side that is outnumbered it is going to drain faster than if you are on the curbstomping side as you will be most likely fighting more during the conflict when outnumbered.

This isn't necessarily the case, as anyone that has fought nations with large war chests that mainly turtled can attest.

If your war chest is larger than the amount you need to max out troops and tanks once, you're obviously not very confident in your ability to live off the land and have lost the battle already.

this is correct, I don't believe in warchests, I believe in winning.

I think the lesson here for you, young padawan, is that you have to back up your talking.

This is ^^ some solid advice Helgan, however the one thing I did find impressive about you're nation is you have a Federal Reserve wonder, that was a feat. What I found unimpressive was the over all build in general, we have 2 guys in your range that would tear that 222 days of work to shreds and there only game 100 or so days.

So the lesson today, Bravado cool, backing it up even cooler..

Edited by Freelancer