I feel I should join an alliance.

Anstian

Do you want peace or war? That's the first question. If you want peace, aka neutrality, you have a few choices - Pax, GOP, GPA, WTF. If you want war, you have the choice of those who have rigorous requirements for you to grow your nation and your military, and you have those that are more relaxed. Then there are alliances that raid.

The choices are many. (And *cough* 6/200 tech, rofl. 6/100 benefits the new player and the buyer and the alliance).

Another way to learn about places is to go to the wiki and read wiki pages. Here is ours for you to start with - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pax_Corvus - but everyone saying "Join xxxx" has a page that can tell you more about their Alliance.

Good luck on your search.

Do you want peace or war? That's the first question. If you want peace, aka neutrality, you have a few choices - Pax, GOP, GPA, WTF. If you want war, you have the choice of those who have rigorous requirements for you to grow your nation and your military, and you have those that are more relaxed. Then there are alliances that raid.

The choices are many. (And *cough* 6/200 tech, rofl. 6/100 benefits the new player and the buyer and the alliance).

Another way to learn about places is to go to the wiki and read wiki pages. Here is ours for you to start with - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pax_Corvus - but everyone saying "Join xxxx" has a page that can tell you more about their Alliance.

Good luck on your search.

You are awesome. Thank you for your assistance.

You will find, these are the most ample and formalized modus operandi in public recruitment used: employed gratuitously wayside the majority of alliance affiliations,  Anstian. Cyber Nations operates little more then an irate and indignant mob, and besting them with reservation is hardly tactful to mention. :(

You will find, these are the most ample and formalized modus operandi in public recruitment used: employed gratuitously wayside the majority of alliance affiliations,  Anstian. Cyber Nations operates little more then an irate and indignant mob, and besting them with reservation is hardly tactful to mention. :(

I don't get your point. Please explain.

My darn quote function is unreliable at-the-moment.

So, the average player contributes something typically trifled in relation to international function per say, but the elite few-—the luminaries—engorge fat and silly the public sphere of the game without refinement. The lackluster and whatnot is tremendously unimpressive roundabout. Any seasoned soul shan't run-you-afoul; it's not a fib.

If you enjoy jovial and fruitful communication (via alliance affiliation) you must search independently, or else you'll fail to find it here. Not is reserved.

The New Sith Order is looking pretty good right now.

Then you clearly haven't heard tell of their brutal and rigorous academy that will be enslaved to, for like, 10 minutes.  Who's got time for that?

Actually, I'm not so sure how much reading the wiki will help.  What you oughta do is just join an alliance.  You liked the first whiff of NSO?  Not a bad pick -- just join them.  Go through their academy, learn to play the game.  The longer you play, the more you will find out the personalities of the different alliances.

When you find one that suits you (smaller, larger, more-warlike, less warlike, etc.), switch to that one.  Nothings written in stone -- may as well learn how to play while you learn what you like.

My darn quote function is unreliable at-the-moment.

So, the average player contributes something typically trifled in relation to international function per say, but the elite few-—the luminaries—engorge fat and silly the public sphere of the game without refinement. The lackluster and whatnot is tremendously unimpressive roundabout. Any seasoned soul shan't run-you-afoul; it's not a fib.

If you enjoy jovial and fruitful communication (via alliance affiliation) you must search independently, or else you'll fail to find it here. Not is reserved.

I think I understand. You have a great and wonderful vocabulary/speech, but it just worked against you. That's why I didn't understand the first time. Please forgive my lacking intellectual prowess.

Could certainly use an active tech seller right now.

We do 6/100 deals exclusively and have a long and successful partnership with external buyers. Until recently, our aid slot ratio was stable at around 60% ie; better than most of these dudes.

Other recommendations: SRA are pretty cool. Non Grata are resilient mofos. Avoid Methrage like you would a hobo with a bad case of meth mouth, clutching a sachel of nondescript white powder while shouting 'heeeey brotha, can ya run this cross to my otha brotha dova dere for me, man? I gots these cheesburgers...'

Edited by RevolutionaryRebel

If you're honestly curious, but not sure (you seem intelligent, just don't know the world and people yet because you're new), I always recommend reading up on history.

We not longer have a good summary of history like we used to (I would still recommend reading it though: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Cyber_Nations ). The next best thing is to simply read about the major wars.

Here's a list of all the wars: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_alliance_wars

You want to read about the global wars first, as they're the most important. Depending on how much reading you want to do, you can decide if you want to start from the beginning or the most recent (being http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Disorder_War ).

I'd also recommend a bigger alliance to start off (so one of the 'sanactioned' alliances. Sanactioned has some historical meaning, but basically the top 12 alliances by score in-game. They're automatically sorted by score here: http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_all.asp ). I'd of course read about them on their respective wiki pages, and if you really care to, talk to them on their forums (or irc).

That's another thing, the game really does exist on forums and irc. Especially irc. I'd learn about that (plenty of people are willing to help, me including). Just chatting to people in several public channels will help you find you you like (both which players, and which alliances), and who you don't (and then join their enemies ;) ).

Again this is all if you really care to find an alliance first, if you'd not just rather pick one that catches your eye, and get your feet wet that way. You can always leave your alliance and try another. There are certain ways to go about things, but hopefully you'll catch on or someone will quickly correct you.

Any more questions, this thread is full of people willing to help (hoping to recruit you).

Edited by King William

in my honest opinion, Joining a smaller alliance will make you feel more useful than joining a larger one. Usually in larger alliances there are many people to compete with. However this is just my opinion, there are many good alliances out there, just join one, you will not regret it.

Shameless Promotion

http://www.ns-federation.net/forums/

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_stats.asp?ID=10127

in my honest opinion, Joining a smaller alliance will make you feel more useful than joining a larger one. Usually in larger alliances there are many people to compete with. However this is just my opinion, there are many good alliances out there, just join one, you will not regret it.

Shameless Promotion
http://www.ns-federation.net/forums/
http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_stats.asp?ID=10127

Just to offer a counter-weight to my good friend Saxplayer, here is some reading material.

If all alliances were judged by one bad event, then pretty much all CN would be !@#$. But, I digress, the choice is yours, you will not make it far unless you join an alliance.

Of course, anyway Anstian at the end of the day, whoever you join will mold your opinion within this game, so my recommendation is chose carefully and select the alliance whose opinions are similar to your own.

Of course, anyway Anstian at the end of the day, whoever you join will mold your opinion within this game, so my recommendation is chose carefully and select the alliance whose opinions are similar to your own.

I would firmly disagree with that.  You are yourself.  You should take earlier advice and join an AA that tickles your fancy, but don't feel like the first AA you join will have dancing to their tune.  If they do, and you like it, fine.  If not, join somebody else.  As for knowing whose opinions are like your own or not, the only way to do that is spend way too much time reading through the useless posturing and dribble that constitutes this forum.  Keep yourself sane by joining somebody and then, if you don't like how they operate, move on.

I wouldn't listen to Stewie, Non Grata isn't very new player friendly. This is especially true if you're less than literate, which, if your reading comprehension is any clue is pretty abysmal. Stick with the mass market alliances like NPO or R&R.

I wouldn't listen to Stewie, Non Grata isn't very new player friendly. This is especially true if you're less than literate, which, if your reading comprehension is any clue is pretty abysmal. Stick with the mass market alliances like NPO or R&R.

What the smeg are you on about...

We've got 2 n00bs in the last 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

As a recent re-roller, the generic recruitment messages were pretty constant in spite of intent written into my motto. I lol'd. As someone who's been on both the recruited and recruiter side here's what I would look for if I were looking as a new nation:
Aid-
Not just in form of cash and prizes, which don't get me wrong is just lovely and thoughtful but if they're not willing to teach you how to build your nation it's basically them peeing into the wind and expecting not to get wet. But at the same time you can't be compulsory in having people advance their nations especially if it's not like you would do it. We're not automatons.
Camaraderie-
Sooner or later you're gonna need a battle buddy. Sometimes you won't even know right away. If you are in the right alliance it won't be a question. You won't need a nation sitter, anyone with any design on your nation won't last long.
Loyalty-
Who do you turn to? If you're not willing to take a ZI for em, you are likely in the wrong alliance.

This is what I look for and why I returned to the fold of Echelon after a year away. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and if you need any advice PM me in game.
-Neo