Wedding plans went accordingly for a couple of months before invitations were sent out to all concerned, the Princess had spared none of her personal expense, even past what she'd been allowed to use from the King's pocket. The letters were done in Gold Filigree, handwritten every one of them by a professional calligrapher.

The following nations receive the following invitation.
[spoiler]Japan

Great Britain

Italy

Atlantic Federation

Portugal

Brazil

Northlands

Alvonia

Uberstein

Muscovy

New Zealand

Union of the Southern Cross

Tikal

United States

Babylon

Alexandria

Yugoslavia

Greece

Hungary

Ukraine

Belorussia

Bulgaria

Tawantinsuyu

Plains Federation

United States of America

Republic of Indiana

Cascadia

Alaska

Palaven Empire

Auroran Republic

Axum

Great Lakes Republic

Dominion of the Severed Hand

West African Republic

Bantu Republic

Philippines

Shanghai

Hawaii

[/spoiler]

To (Insert Head of State here),

The recipient of this letter is being cordially invited to the wedding of King Karl Gustaf of Sverige and Princess Cloe de LaQueu of France in Stockholm, in the cathedral of Storkyrkan , July 13, starting at 3 PM, and the following reception. The event is highly formal

and, of course, security is of the highest concern. Guests are allowed to bring either one or two entourage with them, but no more, as space is limited.

Sincerely,
Her Highness, Cloe de LaQueu
and,
His Majesty, Karl Gustav

[hr]

The interior of the cathedral was decorated as one would expect from a state wedding, ridiculous gobs of money had been spent to ensure that the experience was as ridiculously euphoric as possible for the young Princess. The Sverige and French Royal Guard were out in their finest dress garb and stationed in various places about the church to ensure that nothing out of form happened while the ceremony was taking place. Members of the Royal Family from both sides were of course, already present when the foreign guests began to arrive.

Enemy and friend alike had been invited, though some less friendly or trustworthy delegations had been subjected by a close search by some of the guards on their arrival to ensure that there wouldn't be any incident involving any party. The Maid of Honor, the Empress of France herself, Jeanne de LaQueu had been torn on whether to wear her military dress-uniform or an actual dress, but in the end had decided that in this event it would be more appropriate to dress for the occasion, and as such she wore a dress, colored in Royal Purple of course, not too nice to avoid looking better than the bride.

Incidentally, she'd been put on the duty of greeting the guests, and stood just inside the door, which was flanked on both sides by guards.

The guests had just begun to arrive...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

President of the Federation, William Lyon Evans received the invitation in his study at Rideau Hall, and checked his appointments for the thirteenth. He chuckled a little to himself; it seemed that, unlike anyone who might have had business with him that day, the royal families of France and Sweden were not subject to triskaidekaphobia. In any case, it would be his first trip abroad since taking office, and it wouldn't hurt to stretch his wings a bit, so he sent along a reply in the affirmative.

On the 13th, the presidential CC-150 Polaris arrived at Stockholm Airport, carrying Evans, his wife Samantha, and a security contingent from the Federation Mounted Police, who elected to stay behind and, if the event was a multi-day affair, to reconnoiter any provided accommodations for security issues before the wedding was over. In any case, they'd stay away from the cathedral and let the royal guards do their job.

The "first couple" arrived at the cathedral in white tie, stepping into the antechamber to see the Empress of France greeting guests. "Good day, Your Majesty," said William, and he and Samantha took a little bow. "We're glad we could attend."

The Empress nods her head and smiles at the President, "Good afternoon Monsieur Evans, I'm glad you could make it. I've been eager to meet you ever since our contact in Quebec." She spoke English well, the accent scarcely noticeable, "It is a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. You may take a seat wherever you wish, the ceremony starts in an hour."

For the wedding between the Swedes and French, the Union of the Southern Cross would offer a positive response to the invitation that was received, with a return letter detailing who would be sent to the gathering. Representing the Union, and the peoples of Australia and Tasmania, the Deputy Lord Protector, Marcus Strahan, and Constellation Council Member Elizabeth Varinis, a close friend to the Lord Protector, Solomon Winder, would be detailed for the task. The two members of the Southern Cross government would board a government-owned Airbus A380 for the long-haul flight to Sweden, sleeping most of the flight, so that they could adjust to the time difference, they would time their arrival with early morning in Sweden.

The members would be afforded security by plainclothes operators from the 2nd Commando Regiment, who would remain at the appropriated accommodations, beyond providing transportation to and from the wedding venue. The two Australians would be dressed impressively, both with flags of the Southern Cross draped across them in a sash like fashion, pinned with a platinum medallion over their hearts, which denoted their status as members of the Constellation Council. They would arrive at the venue shortly before the ceremony began, and would find themselves faced with the Empress of France playing the part as usher.

When they drew level with her, both would bow deeplym, and Strahan would speak, "Your Majesty, its an honor to make your acquaintance. Deputy Lord Protector Marcus Strahan, and Esteemed Council Member Elizabeth Varinis, of the Union of the Southern Cross. We were honored by the invitation for our nation to attend, despite our proximity to Europe."

President Lukachenko was a very confused man. Not because he was unintelligent, but because it seemed that just about everyone but Belarus had been invited. Then he saw that the Republic had been instead listed as Belorussia. He ordered his aides to send a positive reply and get his plane ready, and set out for The wedding. He arrived, protected by six members of the presidential guard, and began to look for the vodka.

Edited by Mr Director

"The pleasure is all ours," said Samantha, and William added, "The Prime Minister sends her regards. Things in Quebec seem to be working out rather nicely. Now, since it seems we've arrived just before the rush, we'll leave you to deal with the guests, and best of luck to your (daughter/sister?)." The Evanses took their leave of Jeanne and took a seat at one of the middle pews, nearer to the window than the aisle. They figured the French and Swedish would want the forward rows to themselves.

Jeanne nods to the First couple of the Federation as they left, just in time to greet the party from the Southern Cross, nodding as they bowed to her, "The honor is ours, I trust your flight was decent? It's quite the distance to travel for such a short event, I'm sure my sister will be touched that you came." she says pleasantly to the two of them.

The Baltic Union of Ubersteinia sent Vice-President Loviise Kadri to attend the lovely wedding. She arrived via a small government jet, accompanied by two members of the Land & Sea Guard in dress uniform, along with her government's gift; a full dinner set of hand-carved oak silverware, coated in a thin layer of amber-based lacquer, which gave a brilliant orange shine to the set. Scenes from France's and Sweden's history were carved into the set as well, depicting among other things, the Vikings sailing down the Volga, and the French Revolution.

Edited by Uberstein

Tsar Mikhail Ivanovich Romanov and his wife, Tatiana, would board a specially modified Antonov An-124 jetliner to Stockholm. Upon arriving, they would make their way to the magnificent Cathedral of Storkyrkan.

"This looks magnificent," the Tsar remarked as he took in the sight of the antechamber. Tatiana nodded in agreement.

"It is quite a sight, yes."

"I wonder where the vodka are."

Tatiana rolled her eyes. "Vodka, is that all you think of?"

"Of course not! There's also brandy, cognac..."

Tatiana rolled her eyes again.

General Catharine Akinyi had flown in to Stockholm on a private jet for the royal wedding. Though several of her advisors had advocated for bringing President Osano, the figurehead had ultimately been left behind. In his place the General brought two consort-body guards, chosen from the veterans of the Pacification Wars. All three women wore the dress uniform of the Pacification Squads, a sombre black and green affair.

Though it was their first trip to Europe, the consort-guards did not gawk at the foreign architecture and the babble of the Swedish citizens. Their discomfort was alleviated as they arrived at the cathedral, and encountered some guests and guards who spoke French, a language they knew well.

"Empress," General Akinyi inclined her head politely when it was her party's turn to enter the cathedral, "The Republic offers its congratulations on this auspicious day." Her French was accented in the tones of her native Kenya, and the Burundi that had taught her.

Captain Ebanez arrived in his dress green uniform and looked sharp for the ladies. He thought to himself, "I might just smash the queen herself." He cut a bold figure in a crowd full of bourgeoisie bellies, 6'4" with the build of a wide receiver, he filled the uniform well and his decorations were of the highest caliber. His size and dominance no doubt reminded some of the guests of the polynesian rugby players that dominate the sport at home.

He grabbed a glass of wine, and strolled up to an attractive white female who was standing shyly by herself.

"Madam, I am Captain Jay Ebanez of the free and sovereign Hawaiian social Kingdom, what is your name?"

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Zapadnaya would accept the invitation and dispatch a three person delegation to attend the wedding. Vice-President Paskal Dragomirov and his wife Natalia would be accompanied by Lt. Col. Maria Vache who would serve as translator.

While the Vice-President and his wife dressed in formal civilian attire, Lt. Col. Vache opted to wear her military dress uniform. The Vice-President would carry a note of congratulations to the Royal couple from President Bogomolov and the official gift for the couple. The gift would be a crystal rose with a ruby in the center which would be presented to the royal couple in a polished mahogany box.

As they arrived at the Cathedral, the Vice-President would greet the Empress in Russian (while Lt. Col. Vache would translate to French): "Your Imperial Majesty, on behalf of the people of Zapadnaya may I offer our congratulations to Their Majesties on this joyous occasion."

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

President Lukachenko had finally found the vodka. With his basic needs now sated, he began to look around at the rest of the reception. He noted that the Hawaiian delegate was doing what most over muscled brutes did at parties. He shrugged to himself, and went back to his drink. He had known an over muscled brute like that in high school. It never had been fun being what westerners called a nerd, but it had payed of. The moron from his high school was probably on some collective farm somewhere, and good riddance to him. He privately wished a similar fate on the Hawaiian.

Kazuko would take the invitiation personally, France stood by Japan and was their most trusted ally, she would board Japanese Air Force One, a heavily modified Boeing 747-8 and journey to Stockholm. Osamu Saito would be the only member of her entourage. She wore a modern formal dress with a kimono pattern, the blend of traditional and modern a very apt representation of her, she felt. the most unusual parts of her attire would be the Sword of Axum that was slung upon her waist, and the Harmony Hair brooch. She approached the entrance to the Church along with Saito, waiting for the security detail to authorize her entry.

"Dear, King Karl Gustaf of Sverige and Princess Cloe de LaQueu of France,

Thank you for your generous invitation to your Royal Wedding. However, with my heavy heart,

I must respectfully decline your invitation due to more pressing needs. 

I realize it is customary to send a representative in my place to your wedding,

but I am not going to do that because in my opinion, it is meaningless. Instead,

I offer you a month vacation (could be your honeymoon) in Napa 

at absolutely no cost. We, the Palaven Empire, will foot the bills

so please, do not worry about the cost of your elegant taste.

I wish you all of the best at your wedding and hope your joy

being together prosper for all eternity.

- Sincerely,

Hershey"

- Hershey, Lord of the Palaven Empire

efp5t1w.jpg

Director Markus Wilding himself would be in attendance, dressed in a Wehrmacht dress uniform, sans cap and with two unarmed Schwarze Korps bodyguards by his side at all times. Notably, though, hanging off of Wilding's arm was Erika Meissner, Wilding's current girlfriend for the wedding. Finding the bar, he took note of the Hawaiian that had forced himself on some poor woman and quickly took Erika away from the obviously crazed man. At the bar, he then ordered himself a shot of vodka and Erika asked for white wine. There they would discuss in German the event itself, open to anyone who wished to happen by and strike up a conversation. Under his arm, Wilding had the Alvonian state's gift for the newly married couple - a chromed Walther PPK with the phrase "abundans cautela non nocet" inscribed on both sides of the slide and a French/Swedish flag combination worked into the grip of the weapon itself. Admittedly, it was more for the groom than the both of them, though that wouldn't stop Wilding from trying to convince them otherwise if it came up.

Edited by Markus Wilding

"General, I'm glad that you could make it. Seating is rather free so long as you leave room for the families near the front, it starts in about forty minutes." she smiles before turning her attention to the next guest.

The Empress nods and replies to the translator in French, "My sister and her fiance will be most pleased by your arrival Monsieur." she tells the Bulgarian Vice President, looking over his shoulder to see the Empress of Japan attempting to gain entrance and being stopped by the guards. The reason was immediately evident, being the sword at her side, "Let her in gentlemen, she's not here to threaten anyone."

Meanwhile, in the Hawaiian delegation, the girl looks surprised and mildly insulted at the same time, "Je ne parle d'anglais, mais je ne suis pas marie." she holds up her left hand, "Et je suis assez jeune, merci." her tone was one of very slight annoyance, but as she was speaking to someone easily twice her size, she kept it contained.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

Captain Ebanez arrived in his dress green uniform and looked sharp for the ladies. He thought to himself, "I might just smash the queen herself." He cut a bold figure in a crowd full of bourgeoisie bellies, 6'4" with the build of a wide receiver, he filled the uniform well and his decorations were of the highest caliber. His size and dominance no doubt reminded some of the guests of the polynesian rugby players that dominate the sport at home.

He grabbed a glass of wine, and strolled up to an attractive white female who was standing shyly by herself.

"Madam, I am Captain Jay Ebanez of the free and sovereign Hawaiian social Kingdom, what is your name?"

Anthony Sparks, the Governor of Texas coming on his own accord from the Plains Federation, was taken back by the immaculate beauty of the cathedral he had the honorable privilege of coming to for such a special event. Anthony was a tall man, even for Texas. His short blond hair was neatly combed, his black suit freshly pressed, and his blue eyes glimmering in the warm light of the church that so many millions had visited before him. He had never been out of the North America before today, and boy was it already worth it so far. 

The two Texas Rangers that had come with the governor to the wedding drifted out into the crowd or guests but never out of sight Anthony. He felt safe among heads of state. While he himself was not the leader of a country, he was one of the most powerful men in the Plains Federation and wielded a standing army that would be able to defend his nation and Texas at all costs. But Sparks was typically not a man of violence. In his younger days he grew up outside of Amarillo where he worked on his farm in the Texas Panhandle until he went to school at Texas A&M University. While there, he was attracted to various studies and activities ranging from the mental game of chess to the physical sport of of baseball. Something he spent very much time on, almost as much as his major, was studying the French language and the unique history and culture of the French people. Anthony was fluent in French - granted his Texas accent showed his American side but he could speak, write, and read the language with only the occasional mispronunciation. 

The governor noted the shorter fellow in green and the French royalty he was standing near and decided to make his first greeting of the night. He spoke in French and only French while around the royalty out of respect to them. When he approached the young woman he gave an honorable bow before getting within speaking distance. "Good evening Your Highness. It is an absolute privilege to meet you and your family this fine evening and to attend the Royal Wedding. I am Anthony Sparks, Governor of The State of Texas in the Plains Federation and I am very pleased to make your acquaintance. I hope you can understand my French, my Lady, it has been a few weeks since I last spoke in this tongue." He looked down to the gentleman in green next to him and then back to the royalty. "I could not help but notice the gentleman here speaking English to you, I hope he is not bothering you, Lady Sabrine?' 

Edited by PresidentDavid

Sabrine looks at the other two who had approached her and shakes her head a bit, replying likewise in French, "No, it's fine, just educating him on the differences between Madam and Mademoiselle before he hurts himself, though I don't speak his language so I don't think he caught the message."

She gives the Japanese Empress a curtsey before addressing the rest of what the man from Texas had said, "Your French is fine sir, it's remarkable that you recognize me though, if I may say. My sister, the Empress, she tries to keep us out of the public's view for our own sakes."

Sabrine looks at the other two who had approached her and shakes her head a bit, replying likewise in French, "No, it's fine, just educating him on the differences between Madam and Mademoiselle before he hurts himself, though I don't speak his language so I don't think he caught the message."

She gives the Japanese Empress a curtsey before addressing the rest of what the man from Texas had said, "Your French is fine sir, it's remarkable that you recognize me though, if I may say. My sister, the Empress, she tries to keep us out of the public's view for our own sakes."

Anthony chuckled but tried to stay respectful to the man in green next to him while he conversed with the royalty in her language. "Yes, well I apologize on behalf of those English speakers who assume everyone in Europe speaks our language. Sometimes we Americans, though this gentlemen seems not very American to me, forget that there are other places in the world with different cultures, languages, and traditions." 

"I must admit I'm not familiar with your entire family, but I've taken the time to read up on leaders around the world with a special attention to monarchies while I have been in office. Sometimes, the best diplomacy one can make can be forged by using the correct title, name or - in this case I suppose - the correct language. If I may be so bold my Lady, your dress is very beautiful. I hope to see you again tonight." 

Edited by PresidentDavid