Round 31 Starts This Saturday

Tournament Edition Round 31 starts this Saturday 6/14 and it comes with a number of changes as discussed here.

• Nukes - The top 5% requirement has been dropped. A Manhattan Project wonder will be required by everyone to purchase nukes. Nukes cost $500,000 base and require 200 tech and 2,000 infras (these are also the same requirements to buy a MP). The nuke limit will be 10 (+5 with HNMS).
  • Pentagon wonder allows for +1 offensive war slot.
  • Events have been turned off.
  • Nuclear weapons can target higher infrastructure, higher land, or higher technology damage based on player choice when launching the nuke. When you choose to target infrastructure, land, or technology you are trading more damage to your target for less damage for the other two. For instance, if you choose to target infrastructure you will do more base damage to infrastructure but less damage to land and technology. More details will be available in the information index when the round starts.

nukeOptions_zpsd90a24f3.png

• The recently added war related improvements from Standard Edition have been migrated over to Tournament Edition. The airport improvement and prison improvement have also been added. Prisons have been changed to "Reduces military dependency to control population. Increases max deployment 1%, +0.20 Happiness, -0.5% Citizen Income. Limit 5."
  • The alliance stats screen will now track alliance wide kills and losses in war.

warStats_zps140b90ea.png

• The prize structure has also been revamped. The alliance based awards will use the alliance war statistics from the screenshot above.

prizes_zpsbdb1cce5.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think there should be a little bit more awards to be won by single nations besides Casualties and NS. Maybe have Most Casualties, Attacking and Defending? 

Otherwise I like all the new improvements, gunna be a fun round of destroying a lot of infra and killing a lot of soldiers.

Only change I would recommend is the last prize; change from most infrastructure lost to most infrastructure destroyed.  Reward the people who wrecked the most and not the ones who were wrecked the most.

Only change I would recommend is the last prize; change from most infrastructure lost to most infrastructure destroyed.  Reward the people who wrecked the most and not the ones who were wrecked the most.

^ agreed. Other than that, cool changes! Looking forward to playing with them. :)

Wasn't TE Police the most in casualties, and probably in Infra lost as well.. did I just miss out on four $30 donations by a round? Ugh!

(I was ranked #2 in TE Police at the end, unless someone jumped up at the last second and I missed it)

Wasn't TE Police the most in casualties, and probably in Infra lost as well.. did I just miss out on four $30 donations by a round? Ugh!

(I was ranked #2 in TE Police at the end, unless someone jumped up at the last second and I missed it)

I missed out on 4 too  :ph34r:

This.

I've changed it in the game to infrastructure destroyed rather than lost.

Tournament Edition Round 31 starts this Saturday 6/14 and it comes with a number of changes as discussed here.

• Nukes - The top 5% requirement has been dropped. A Manhattan Project wonder will be required by everyone to purchase nukes. Nukes cost $500,000 base and require 200 tech and 2,000 infras (these are also the same requirements to buy a MP). The nuke limit will be 10 (+5 with HNMS).
  • Pentagon wonder allows for +1 offensive war slot.
  • Nuclear weapons can target higher infrastructure, higher land, or higher technology damage based on player choice when launching the nuke. When you choose to target infrastructure, land, or technology you are trading more damage to your target for less damage for the other two. For instance, if you choose to target infrastructure you will do more base damage to infrastructure but less damage to land and technology. More details will be available in the information index when the round starts.

nukeOptions_zpsd90a24f3.png

• The recently added war related improvements from Standard Edition have been migrated over to Tournament Edition. The airport improvement and prison improvement have also been added. Prisons have been changed to "Reduces military dependency to control population. Increases max deployment 1%, +0.20 Happiness, -0.5% Citizen Income. Limit 5."
  • The alliance stats screen will now track alliance wide kills and losses in war.

warStats_zps140b90ea.png

• The prize structure has also been revamped. The alliance based awards will use the alliance war statistics from the screenshot above.

prizes_zpsbdb1cce5.png

This is a great day for TE. These are monumental changes that will put the game on the right footing and will keep people interested for rounds to come. Now, alliances have an incentive to train elite players, and players have incentive to want to be great. The game is within reach of more than just a few because of these changes. Thank you, Admin. 

If I am reading that right, the alliance that kills the most soldiers of an opponent over the course of the round wins the right to have their top two awarded? Will the stats take the casualties of someone who joins late in the round? Hopefully data will be collected and calculated based on all the locations a nation has been. 

I've changed it in the game to infrastructure destroyed rather than lost.

Brilliant

This is a great day for TE. These are monumental changes that will put the game on the right footing and will keep people interested for rounds to come. Now, alliances have an incentive to train elite players, and players have incentive to want to be great. The game is within reach of more than just a few because of these changes. Thank you, Admin. 

If I am reading that right, the alliance that kills the most soldiers of an opponent over the course of the round wins the right to have their top two awarded? Will the stats take the casualties of someone who joins late in the round? Hopefully data will be collected and calculated based on all the locations a nation has been. 

Thats the way I read it, but surely those kills have to be earned while in the Alliance, and thus a nation joining late would only have kills counted from then.

What about leaving an Alliance after having accumulated some kills, and later rejoining to accumulate some more?

What this all means is the end of the micro :(

I think this gives everyone an incentive to recruit, build, and fight. I doubt the "crown" or prize structure will stay the same forever. This is a massive first step toward awarding the best alliance over the course of a round though.

The largest alliances have an advantage for the last two awards. Shouldn't it be something like the "Top two nations from the alliance with highest average infra" or  "Top two nations from the alliance with highest average causalities"??

TE should encourage alliances to recruit more. Beats this cycle of tinier and tinier alliances that have a built in inevitable duty to cry downdeclare because they're small.

The largest alliances have an advantage for the last two awards. Shouldn't it be something like the "Top two nations from the alliance with highest average infra" or  "Top two nations from the alliance with highest average causalities"??

I think that will happen in time. Preferably we'll get to a point one day that factors in the amount of damage inflicted by and alliance and its general strength. 

TE should encourage alliances to recruit more. Beats this cycle of tinier and tinier alliances that have a built in inevitable duty to cry downdeclare because they're small.

I think what we have now will get that ball rolling. If people want to win they have to not only recruit to keep up with the TEPDs of the world, they have to teach them how to build and kill effectively. 

It's more the simple fact that the bigger alliances are and the more members they bring into the game, the more people are involved in TE all around. It's good for the health of the game. I don't begrudge a drive towards elitism at all, but it's not impossible to be good and have a bunch of members either.

Last round, TEPD was ridiculously oversized only because TE had become so ridiculously undersized.