2008: How the IAA war lead directly into Vox Populi

The Zigur

Rebel Virginia was another individual we allowed to take shelter in IAA.

When the hell was RV in IAA? 

And since when were you the Minister of Recruitment? Apparently Chimaera no longer exists in this tale of glory.

Edited by Starfox101

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. There was a long list of transgressions, although I do recall momentum against the NPO picking up after the GATO-1V War. For awhile it was you, West of Eden/Star Phoenix, and I who were the major voices. Then Doitzel joined the chorus after the Moldavi affair. Vox was founded about a month after, I believe. If I remember correctly, Junkalunka had little to do with anything.

Pretty much this. Far as my memory goes starfox was one if not the principal founders of Vox. As far as I remember Tywin only started fighting NPO after it became cool which was months or even years after Starfox was attacked on a constant basis and other players like myself went from AA to AA helping them whenever NPO attacked them which started occurring quite regularly post GWIII.

There's a lot of historical inaccuracy in this thread.  But it's also fairly irrelevant.  What happened to IAA was certainly an atrocity, and it basically forced 100+ good rulers off Bob permanently.  But I think pointing to any one event as Vox's catalyst is ill-sighted.  Vox formed because the sum of atrocities committed by Pacifica became greater than the threat of permanent destruction for daring to oppose them.  

I resigned as Emperor of IAA and gave Junkalunka the job because I thought NPO would be more lenient towards the Empire if they were dealing with a leader they did not know and hate.  I was to be EZI'd, and there was nothing I could do about that, but I wanted to save IAA from that fate.  I could not have guessed that Junka would end up antagonizing them even more against my wishes.  For nearly a year, the name Chimaera was taboo.  Pacifica ran IP checks against almost every significant alliance on the other side, and on numerous occasions threatened my personal friends with their own alliances' destruction if they discovered they knew where I was.  Actually, it was probably some of the most fun I've had on Bob.

After the disbandment, I hopped from alliance to alliance under the name Strident, building up the opposition with my abilities in recruitment and military organization.  NPO eventually found me when GR grew 1.25 million NS in the span of two weeks (maybe that wasn't so subtle), and I started cycling names and alliances every couple months, until shortly before Karma when I assumed my proper name and the Empire was reborn.

While the treatment of IAA was pretty bad, it did not directly lead to the formation of Vox Populi. It was but one of many events, including the war on NoV, the forced disbandment of the first Vox Populi, the war on CIS, Manic Monday, the war on NpO, the fact that I was on PZI for 2 years, etc. There was a massive list of transgressions, and to single it down to one, and insert yourself into so much of it is historically inaccurate, and an outright attention grab. 

Signed, the founder of Vox Populi

You can add to the list Doitzel's essay De Profundis and the general issues within NPO's government, the NpO-NPO cold war in general, the PZI of Polar gov member MyWorld in his capacity of Viceroy of BDC and the Pacifican war against BDC, the constant aggression of NPO's allies who traded on NPO/Continuum power

Like Starfox and Chimaera have said, there was no one event that led "directly" to Vox Populi's founding. If there is a trigger or flashpoint, it is the NoCB War against Polaris. The absurdity of the CB got 11 of us together to troll Continuum for fun, and overnight 200 people were on the AA plus God knows how many Norden Verein sleepers and NONE collaborators. 
Starfox had the idea, but like the causes, I wouldn't even say any one person founded Vox; it took all of us, prominent, capable, vocal oppositional figures being psuhed together at the very end, from ex-GOONS scumbags to Polar Imperial Command.  And like the many reasons too numerous to recount, at the time (and still) I personally had no idea who some of the other 11 were--I have no idea why Star Phoenix, MegaAros, or Cheyenne (New Frontier) were prominent at the time or why they were invited. 

Right, IAA went out of its way to recruit you, so you could sit on our AA and troll NPO on the OWF and never participate in all the government agencies I created. Then after IAA fell, you were never able to join any of these other alliances suddenly and had to form Vox. Its noteworthy that you never once held a government position during your stay in IAA, despite the fact that I had created so many.

And then after the initial success of Vox you managed to drive that straight into the ground with your anti-GGA nonsense and formal alliance retardation, which was the actual reasons I left btw and not because you "forced me out."

Like every revolution, there came a point where things had to get formal if we were going to continue to be effective.  That means politics and politics means winners and losers.  Cheyenne's attempts to turn Vox into a normal, cookie-cutter AA with an idiotic voice theme for ministries ("the growl, the whisper, the scream") were, thank God, right rejected, leading to his marginalization, new forums, and his early exit to go form one of the 500 AAs he founded then merged.  Jonathan Brookbank's constant histrionics and attempts to punch above his weight led to his exit. 

Your attempts to create a Francoist revolution to rival NPO in some kind of ideological battle of true Francoists wasn't what anyone wanted, you had to leave.  Vox wasn't driven straight into the ground.  The initial jubilation at our display coupled with pent-up frustration among members of bystander AAs led to a huge initial recruitment.  As the NoCB War ended, we naturally lost a lot of recruits who went back to their home AAs--not everyone was an ideologue.  Of those who were left, war weariness set in, as it does naturally.  From your perspective, the failure to adopt a Francoist model was a grave error, but in reality many of Vox's biggest coups occurred once things had settled down, the membership dropped down to the most dedicated, and the long backroom war began.

In any case, we all joined Vox for personal reasons, and even among those who stayed to the last, you will not find 100% agreement on what our purpose was.  Get ChiefSavageMan in here and he'll tell you what a bunch of fags we ideologues were.  That was the nature and beauty of Vox; there's no need to get malicious with each other about it now.

I have no idea why Star Phoenix, MegaAros, or Cheyenne (New Frontier) were prominent at the time or why they were invited. 

I cannot say much for Cheyenne, but I recall Star Phoenix/West of Eden once being an NPO member, who having a made experience with the alliance left. However, he made the mistake of criticizing the NPO, leading to them adding him to their enemies list. Rather than being silenced or intimated, as most would do, he instead continued to speak. This eventually landed him on a hit list. During the months between the GATO-1V War and the founding of Vox, he was one of the more vocal people on the OWF. However, he seems to have gone inactive shortly afterward. Few people remember him these days, but I do.

I believe both MegaAros and Star Phoenix were friendly with Starfox, which is why they were invited. Cheyenne still confuses me. I think he was invited to the channel before I was.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Seriously, how can you be so self righteous to think that you're inability to help save IAA from disbandment was a major factor into the forming of Vox? For all the years I have spent here watching the world turn I have never see someone as self glorifying as you are without actually doing anything. Like better people then me have already stated Vox was created due to many, many factors and saying any one event was the centre of it all is just wrong.

One day you will have to share whatever it is that you are on with the rest of us.

Seriously, how can you be so self righteous to think that you're inability to help save IAA from disbandment was a major factor into the forming of Vox? For all the years I have spent here watching the world turn I have never see someone as self glorifying as you are without actually doing anything. Like better people then me have already stated Vox was created due to many, many factors and saying any one event was the centre of it all is just wrong.

One day you will have to share whatever it is that you are on with the rest of us.

Debbie, Maybe he's being optimistic and trying to look at the positives to the situation.

tumblr_m59pxeDf4r1qay0tlo2_500.gif

You can add to the list Doitzel's essay De Profundis and the general issues within NPO's government, the NpO-NPO cold war in general, the PZI of Polar gov member MyWorld in his capacity of Viceroy of BDC and the Pacifican war against BDC, the constant aggression of NPO's allies who traded on NPO/Continuum power

Like Starfox and Chimaera have said, there was no one event that led "directly" to Vox Populi's founding. If there is a trigger or flashpoint, it is the NoCB War against Polaris. The absurdity of the CB got 11 of us together to troll Continuum for fun, and overnight 200 people were on the AA plus God knows how many Norden Verein sleepers and NONE collaborators. 
Starfox had the idea, but like the causes, I wouldn't even say any one person founded Vox; it took all of us, prominent, capable, vocal oppositional figures being psuhed together at the very end, from ex-GOONS scumbags to Polar Imperial Command.  And like the many reasons too numerous to recount, at the time (and still) I personally had no idea who some of the other 11 were--I have no idea why Star Phoenix, MegaAros, or Cheyenne (New Frontier) were prominent at the time or why they were invited. 

Like every revolution, there came a point where things had to get formal if we were going to continue to be effective.  That means politics and politics means winners and losers.  Cheyenne's attempts to turn Vox into a normal, cookie-cutter AA with an idiotic voice theme for ministries ("the growl, the whisper, the scream") were, thank God, right rejected, leading to his marginalization, new forums, and his early exit to go form one of the 500 AAs he founded then merged.  Jonathan Brookbank's constant histrionics and attempts to punch above his weight led to his exit. 

Your attempts to create a Francoist revolution to rival NPO in some kind of ideological battle of true Francoists wasn't what anyone wanted, you had to leave.  Vox wasn't driven straight into the ground.  The initial jubilation at our display coupled with pent-up frustration among members of bystander AAs led to a huge initial recruitment.  As the NoCB War ended, we naturally lost a lot of recruits who went back to their home AAs--not everyone was an ideologue.  Of those who were left, war weariness set in, as it does naturally.  From your perspective, the failure to adopt a Francoist model was a grave error, but in reality many of Vox's biggest coups occurred once things had settled down, the membership dropped down to the most dedicated, and the long backroom war began.

In any case, we all joined Vox for personal reasons, and even among those who stayed to the last, you will not find 100% agreement on what our purpose was.  Get ChiefSavageMan in here and he'll tell you what a bunch of fags we ideologues were.  That was the nature and beauty of Vox; there's no need to get malicious with each other about it now.

De Profundis was great, because it added ex-Pacificans into the anti-NPO arsenal. They naturally held more weight, and were viewed more positively in the movement compared to people like me who just happened to have a falling out with the NPO and never let it go. 

I also completely forgot about the Scream, Growl, and the Shout positions. God, that was awful. Imagine had we went through with that one. What would we even need ministries for? That's almost as bad as Francoist Vox. Great post, Schatt. 

I cannot say much for Cheyenne, but I recall Star Phoenix/West of Eden once being an NPO member, who having a made experience with the alliance left. However, he made the mistake of criticizing the NPO, leading to them adding him to their enemies list. Rather than being silenced or intimated, as most would do, he instead continued to speak. This eventually landed him on a hit list. During the months between the GATO-1V War and the founding of Vox, he was one of the more vocal people on the OWF. However, he seems to have gone inactive shortly afterward. Few people remember him these days, but I do.

I believe both MegaAros and Star Phoenix were friendly with Starfox, which is why they were invited. Cheyenne still confuses me. I think he was invited to the channel before I was.

Yes, Aros was an old friend from \m/ who was probably one of the most loyal people you will find. He was the second person to fly the AA before it was organized. Star Phoenix, I have no idea how I met him, but he was a good guy. Cheyenne happened to quit at the same time as us on Manic Monday. Thus, he managed to jump onto the gravy train. 

It's funny how few of the original 11 were actually worth much, though. Majority of our best recruits came after the fact. 

Wasn't Star IAA gov (MOD?) when NPO hit GATO to start GATO-1v? I remember talking to him quite a bit in the lead up to that mess. 

I take offense to this, I thought I was the most self glorifying.

I take offense to this, I thought I was the most self glorifying.

Nah, you are the most celebrity-glorifying. I am definitely the most something-glorifying on here, I can't think of a particularly good single word to put there, but with your familiarity and gifted vocabulary I'm sure you can come up with one. boats.jpg.

Wasn't Star IAA gov (MOD?) when NPO hit GATO to start GATO-1v? I remember talking to him quite a bit in the lead up to that mess.

Alot of notable people were in IAA at the time of the war, Star was one of them. Despite certain politicians trying to hurt my leadership reputation, if you look at the threads from the war I was very popular with IAA members. Edited by Tywin Lannister

Alot of notable people were in IAA at the time of the war, Star was one of them. Despite certain politicians trying to hurt my leadership reputation, if you look at the threads from the war I was very popular with IAA members.

And look at you now

This is of real historical note, and would not have been posted if it was not relevant. Notice I posted nothing about Vox Populi itself.

Do you think if it was relevant someone would have already posted it between the 5 year period of Vox forming and you posting this?