2008: How the IAA war lead directly into Vox Populi

The Zigur

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far as I recall, you disbanded the alliance, attempted to justify it, and didn't you re-roll and join them, as well? 

You are quite possibly the most arrogant person around here, and there is so little justification for it. 

To be fair, the entire IAA did vote to disband as well.

Yes, this is coming from somebody who was also in the IAA at that time.

Thanks Mandrivia, starfox101 has a petty rivalry I never quite could figure out, but which was always willing to sacrifice the truth to get in a few digs.

IAA died for a reason and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to think that it wasn't solely Tywin's fault.

IAA was a great alliance with an even great greater, close-knit community, and the only reason it died was due to its MDP with GATO, and the fact that NPO wished to kill two birds with one stone in that war.

Tywin:  No worries mate.  I don't wish to get involved in your feud with Starfox right now since I like and respect both of you.  I only wish to give facts wherever I remember them (which is few now, unfortunately).

Edited by Mandrivia_2

That is an outright lie, there were never elections to become "Imperial General" and you never took over organization during the war. You also did not nuke during the war, because I personally expelled any member who contradicted my no-nuke orders. You are so full of !@#$. I created multiple government organs when I was Regent and you were present in none of them. All you ever did was piss and moan about NPO on the OWF and draw more attention to us.

Im Not going to even bother countering your vox !@#$%^&*, but this idea that you were a net positive for IAA is an outright lie since I was running the day to day affairs of the alliance the whole time you were there.

I've nuked the NPO in every single war. I was already told I was PZI about the second day (possibly even sooner) of the IAA war. You already knew you were as well. Only difference was that you were appeasing them and I accepted it and fought back, as usual. I love when someone tells me what did. And yes, there were elections. We had elections for MoD (I was told to run), and lost by 1 vote to Chaos Armed in my first month of the alliance, so as second place he made me Imperial General. Chaos Armed then went inactive, and in early coalition channels when war was looming, there was a major absence of IAA government. Of course, you were there, but we all know how that goes.

And go figure, I pissed and moaned about an alliance that "forced us" to disband. You'd think the most proud IAA warrior would have at least stuck up for the alliance. 

Now, anything else you want to get off your chest from 6 years ago?

Anyway, agencies I created as Regent:

Imperial Security Bureau
COMPNOR
Imperial Nation Building Program
Imperial Diplo-Corps
Imperial Oversector Authority
Imperial Communications

Many of these were inspired by NPO bureaucracy and organization. You volunteered for none of these agencies.

Yeah there might be a reason for that. Which, of any, of those organizations are anything different than what every other alliance has? It's not as if any of those are anything special that I just had to be in.

Yeah, but the fact that it won by such a narrow margin shows it shouldn't have disbanded. GATO faced just as strict, if not stricter terms, and came out fine today.

Yeah, but the fact that it won by such a narrow margin shows it shouldn't have disbanded. GATO faced just as strict, if not stricter terms, and came out fine today.

I can't remember exactly what the margin was.  AFAIK the IAA had no rules as to how much majority a decision needed to pass.  

GATO fell under viceroyship for a year, and would have remained for longer if not for the Karma War.

Good thing this was half a decade ago.

Now you know we have to get a history lesson once a week.. 

Edit: "I have the right to tell you what lead to the formation of Vox because I'm smarter than you are." Well Tywin when you are going to make a claim of being smarter than someone... Please use correct terms it bothers me when this is done wrong.. I assume you meant "led to the formation". Might wanna proof read next time, as you claim to be so smart and good at writing. ;)

Edited by Sir Kiloist

No starfox, if you nuked NPO, you were expelled. Perhaps you were, I hardly remember since you played almost no role in the alliance to speak of. You might have been told you were going to be PZI, but the rest of us were given no such indication. Unlike yourself, this was the first time I had ever stood against NPO and I had every reason to expect from a noob standpoint that NPO would not be a complete dick afterwards.

No starfox, if you nuked NPO, you were expelled. Perhaps you were, I hardly remember since you played almost no role in the alliance to speak of. You might have been told you were going to be PZI, but the rest of us were given no such indication. Unlike yourself, this was the first time I had ever stood against NPO and I had every reason to expect from a noob standpoint that NPO would not be a complete dick afterwards.

Given their actions to almost every other non-allied alliance at the time, that was a pretty stupid expectation to have.

Were you living under a rock?

I tend to be an optimist. However I may have been wrong about Starfox not being a General. I remember Chaos Armed being Grand Vizier, but it does seem you ended up being General. Still did not participate in any of the programs I had created to supplant the old bureaucracy, however.

It doesnt bother me, most of the people who post against me are either enemies I have met along the way and are inextricably attracted to my words, or believe they are scoring political points in the eyes of their peers. Such followers hardly concern me.

What I need are leaders who I can trust and who are ambitious enough to get their hands dirty. Those type of people are far harder to find.

In another thread you basically said I was trying to score political points which I still find amusing. As far as I know, I am considered rather trustworthy, ambitious, and more than willing to get my hands dirty. I just tend to want to be involved with competent individuals.

Being trustworthy does not mean you are to be trusted.

Yes that could be true for anyone really. Fortunately for me, I am fairly trustworthy mostly cuz I am far too lazy to bother to find someone to tell about anything juicy I get told. Waaaaaayyyyy too much effort there. 

While the treatment of IAA was pretty bad, it did not directly lead to the formation of Vox Populi. It was but one of many events, including the war on NoV, the forced disbandment of the first Vox Populi, the war on CIS, Manic Monday, the war on NpO, the fact that I was on PZI for 2 years, etc. There was a massive list of transgressions, and to single it down to one, and insert yourself into so much of it is historically inaccurate, and an outright attention grab. 

Signed, the founder of Vox Populi

Indeed. There was a long list of transgressions, although I do recall momentum against the NPO picking up after the GATO-1V War. For awhile it was you, West of Eden/Star Phoenix, and I who were the major voices. Then Doitzel joined the chorus after the Moldavi affair. Vox was founded about a month after, I believe. If I remember correctly, Junkalunka had little to do with anything.

Only starfox would post a "far as I recall" in a thread that explains everything :facepalm:

You didnt even read the OP, you read the headline and came in to take your autographed potshot.

I thought that was generally assumed when you see a post from Starfox.

Indeed. There was a long list of transgressions, although I do recall momentum against the NPO picking up after the GATO-1V War. For awhile it was you, West of Eden/Star Phoenix, and I who were the major voices. Then Doitzel joined the chorus after the Moldavi affair. Vox was founded about a month after, I believe. If I remember correctly, Junkalunka had little to do with anything.

Rebel Virginia was another individual we allowed to take shelter in IAA.

Rebel Virginia was another individual we allowed to take shelter in IAA.

Now, I can say with quite a bit of certainty that I was never in IAA. Furthermore, at that time I would not have needed to take "shelter" with you. I was not placed on the NPO's PZI list until after the war. Although I was not on good terms with them at the time, given my joining GATO after they attacked, I would not be placed on their hit list until shortly after the incident between Moldavi, Moo, and Sponge.

Now, I know that is a lot to take in. It is understandable that you're confused. However, I think it is safe to say that you are not nearly the expert on this time period that you think you are.

From what I can gather tywins claim to fame is that six years ago he lead an alliance to crushing defeat...and people are questioning if he even had much influence over that. Hardly seems a massive moment of glory.

Edited by Icewolf