Thank You, Chimaera & MI6.

Cynic

Hey guys and gals,

With admins approval I was granted permission to share this little story with you all. 

I'm here today to send out a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU, to a big group of MI6 members for coming to the aid of one of their brothers who was going through a very difficult time in his real life. That brother is me.

I'm going to begin by giving you a little back story. I was recently laid off from work. The construction company I worked for was slowly going under and he ended up shutting down completely a little over 2 weeks ago.

Bad, right? Well that's just the beginning. 

I immediately began job hunting. Less than a week after being laid off, after running around filling out applications all day I came home one day to a certified letter on my door. Notice for a court date for an eviction. How could this be? I paid my rent every single month on time if not before it was due. Every month I gave my (now ex-)roommate my half of all bills and he was in charge of going to the local gas station, getting money orders, and paying the bills as I usually worked from 6-7 am until 7-8 pm it was hard for me to ever get into the office at our complex, or at the electric company, or the cable company, etc.  Well, this worked great for 6 months, but it seems the past 2 months he has been taking our rent money and spending it on... well you can just use your imagination here. 

So, the court date rolls around, I go to court, I am given 10 days to find somewhere to move and take all of my belongings. I have no family except my grandmother who lives in a senior assisted living complex. I have no friends who live on their own, and if they don't have the room for someone to be crashing there. So what am I to do?

Well there wasn't much I could do. I got rid of most of my things, my ex roommate packed his stuff up and took off. I was able to put some things in a small storage room but that still didn't give me a place to lay my head at night. I was homeless. The very first night, I slept in the bathroom at a park. The next day I got a ride to the Nashville Rescue Mission where I would now be calling home, I guess.

I have a smartphone so I was able to log on to CN, and my alliance forums, where I sent Chimaera a message telling him I needed someone to nation sit my nation, as I need to be focused on other things at the moment. Chim has been a great friend throughout my time here on this planet so when I felt like I had no one else turn to I asked him to just listen. I just wanted someone to talk to, to tell me everything was going to be okay, and stop me from going into a serious state of depression. Well not only did he listen, he did a hell of a lot more.

Chim immediately began throwing out suggestions, ideas and trying to figure out a way he could help me out. It wasn't long before he came up with an idea to make a post on my behalf to our alliance, explain the situation, and see if there was anyone out there who may be able to help financially until I could get back on my feet. He even personally kicked it off by pledging $10.00 himself.

It wasn't long that an amazing group of guys known as the alliance "MI6" rallied together as one and all started pledging to donate as well. In 2 hours the pledges hit $200. 7 hours later, the total raised to a whopping $380. As of today, a total of $550 has been sent to me securely via PayPal. 

Never in my life has someone went out of their way to help me like Chimaera and the donors over at MI6 did. Keep in mind, a lot of these guys have known for me quite some time through the game, but not even 1 of them has ever actually met me. This showed me there are actually still good people in this world. To have never met a guy, but completely trust that everything he is telling you is the truth and together come up with over $500 to send. Its crazy. I will never be able to thank all of you enough.

As soon as my feet are back on the ground I will be paying each and every one of them every single penny they donated back. Whether they were a $5 donor or a $100 donor. You did something for me no one else could. You have given me an opportunity to get myself reestablished a lot quicker than I could have done it on my own. 

Thanks to my brother in MI6, I now have a room rented for the next 2 weeks, I was able to get some food for my room, got my prepaid phone cut back on (can't find a job without a phone), and had some left over for bus fare to get around town and fill out some more applications. While this definitely doesn't solve my problem, it was a true blessing that these guys pulled this together, and have now given me a little extra time to try and find employment and get my life turned back around before it hit rock bottom completely. 

I will never ever ever be able to show how much I appreciated and respect all of you for what you did but I figured maybe I could try here. This situation I've found myself in is definitely embarrassing to say the least but I am so proud and thankful for you guys I wanted to share with everyone. I wanted everyone to know exactly what kind of people and alliance MI6 is. This isn't just a group of players together. We truly are a little family. A brotherhood. Thank you guys. 

(Please respect me and everyone else that this thread is intended to praise and keep the negativity out)

While Chim was the mastermind here, there were a lot of guys and gals who helped make this happen. Here's a list of all the guys who have either donated and/or pledged to donate:

Lavo 

Kevlar 

Anonymous 

JayR95 -

D_T 

Carter 

Myth 

Manthrax -

Salsabeast 

Mandrivia 

WANA 

Jessie

Sisao 

Abbas 

Brindleleaf 

Chimaera 

Sargun 

Scipio 

Spock 

Kahlan Rahl 

and here's a screenshot of the donations so far!

Ofs25ct.png

Thank you guys. Again. I cannot say it enough.

o/ ALL OF YOU

o/ MI6

Edited by Cynic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question*:  did they try to poach you?

Because this seems like a huge front for poaching.

I keed, I keed -- nice work MI6.

*Except for Kevelar, for whom there is always "one more question"

I don't even know what to fix in here :P

Just one more thing...it's Kevlar

PF_Cig.gif

Hope everything works out, Cynic

If anyone feels the need to donate to Cynic, we're still taking more.  I don't want to have helped a brother for a few weeks only for it to all come crashing back down around him.  Just get in contact with me and I'll get you the details.

Cynic is a damn good member of MI6 and a much damn better friend, and it's my absolute privilege to have been able to organize this for him.  He doesn't deserve for this to have happened.

It's always a great moment when the community comes together to help a friend in need. Well done Chimaera et al for coming together in order to help a fellow player in need out!

Couldn't have said it better myself

I don't care what players like me say about MI6, that was a fuckin cool thing you guys did. I wouldn't be where I am today without a boost from some awesome people in my life, I don't think any of us would. You've got nothing to be embarrassed about admitting this, it's just awesome to hear the people around you are willing to lend a helping hand when its needed.

If anyone feels the need to donate to Cynic, we're still taking more.  I don't want to have helped a brother for a few weeks only for it to all come crashing back down around him.  Just get in contact with me and I'll get you the details.

Cynic is a damn good member of MI6 and a much damn better friend, and it's my absolute privilege to have been able to organize this for him.  He doesn't deserve for this to have happened.

Writing a PM now

!@#$@#$ awesome. Cheers, MI6, and good luck getting back on your feet, cynic.

If you are American, go join the Army. Paycheck and a barracks room. ;)

If you go with this route, I can help you through the process. It's really not a bad idea considering everything is winding down. Best of luck going forward Cynic and great job MI6

Send me details please.

I wasn't expecting this type of thank you when I read the topic of this post - it blew me away. It is truly amazing to hear about things like this, shows that there is still humanity even when the basis of a relationship has only been developed through an online game. A big o/ to everyone who has helped with this situation and all those who are stepping up now.

And for you Cynic - Keep your head up and good luck.