How serious do you take this game?

Beauty

Srs?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My phone number wasn't given out publicly. It was given to ReyTheGreat when we were kind of cordial and now that turned out to be a mistake.

I never gave anyone your phone number, whereas you explicitly gave mine to AntiFa. Stop !@#$@#$ lying. Edited by Neo Uruk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CN is love, CN is life.

Glory to Admin in the highest, and on Digiterra peace to those of good will (and who I am allied to). 

We praise you, we bless you, we adore you, we glorify you, we give you thanks for your great glory and the pixels you have given us.

Lord Admin, Awesome Nation. O Admin, Head Honcho.

For you alone are the Game Developer, you alone are the Admin, you alone are the Head Honcho.

Rotavele, with the Holy mods, in the glory of Admin the Father. Amen.

Blessed you will be my son.

pq4f88beee.jpg

Most who know me, know I truly could care less if my nation even existed, on many occasion I thought “ this is it”  I can finally put this game to rest and every time I try, Jack or someone close to me say’s “Don’t you dare”  

I originally came in during the digg invasion and the one thing that attracted me and the crew I hang with was the mystery and intrigue the game held, way before Facebook or Twitter took hold the way it has entangling every aspect of digital footprint into one profile.

This used to be a place to come and live out a fantasy, to rule your nation as a benevolent President or evil dictator, the choice was yours and I’d be a liar if I didn’t say I loved being the prick I have been over the years. Why, because it’s not me in any way shape or form and those in my alliance will attest to it, did that line get blurry for me at times? Of course it did I wouldn't be human if it didn't.

I’ve meet and talked to allot of people in this game over the years, I’ve seen good friends go and I’ve seen quality talent forced out of the game.

Hal made a hell of post about this subject awhile back and the jest of it was, anyone who’s played this game for any amount of time goes through stages of it, just like life, we at The III P are a close resemblance to OG or the Grey Council, not only do we not have time for the dumb !@#$, we do our best to stay of its way.

Point being, once the IC/OOC line has been crossed no matter what party, receiving or giving, it’s time you both turn off your PC,  it’s almost summer time, birds are chirping fish are jumping and there are plenty of reasons to unplug, do yourself a favor and experience life instead of creating a virtual one.

pq4f88beee.jpg

Most who know me, know I truly could care less if my nation even existed, on many occasion I thought “ this is it”  I can finally put this game to rest and every time I try, Jack or someone close to me say’s “Don’t you dare”  

I originally came in during the digg invasion and the one thing that attracted me and the crew I hang with was the mystery and intrigue the game held, way before Facebook or Twitter took hold the way it has entangling every aspect of digital footprint into one profile.

This used to be a place to come and live out a fantasy, to rule your nation as a benevolent President or evil dictator, the choice was yours and I’d be a liar if I didn’t say I loved being the prick I have been over the years. Why, because it’s not me in any way shape or form and those in my alliance will attest to it, did that line get blurry for me at times? Of course it did I wouldn't be human if it didn't.

I’ve meet and talked to allot of people in this game over the years, I’ve seen good friends go and I’ve seen quality talent forced out of the game.

Hal made a hell of post about this subject awhile back and the jest of it was, anyone who’s played this game for any amount of time goes through stages of it, just like life, we at The III P are a close resemblance to OG or the Grey Council, not only do we not have time for the dumb !@#$, we do our best to stay of its way.

Point being, once the IC/OOC line has been crossed no matter what party, receiving or giving, it’s time you both turn off your PC,  it’s almost summer time, birds are chirping fish are jumping and there are plenty of reasons to unplug, do yourself a favor and experience life instead of creating a virtual one.

William Shatner approves of this post.

Experiencing life is good. I highly recommend it. There is just one thing though, on the internet you can pick and choose your favorite people from across the globe. In real life, you can only socialize with locals. If you're a moron, that won't be an issue, but if you're any kind of smart you may find yourself left wanting.

Which is basically why they dont want poor people to have internet or know how to use the internet, knowledge is dangerous.

Which is why according to the census, 71.7% of Americans use Internet in 2011

Edited by AngelCruzdelaSant

Which is why according to the census, 71.7% of Americans use Internet in 2011

More recent numbers would probably be better ..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/02/27/thirteen-percent-of-u-s-adults-say-they-dont-use-the-internet/

nHYvdlc.jpg

Also - looks like there must have been some sort of catastrophic set back somewhere in 2011 ... 8% is a pretty wild variance for polls .. Edited by Rayvon

...Really? That's it? 1 in 3 people don't use the internet? At all? In America!?!? I can't even fathom that.

More recent numbers would probably be better ..http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/02/27/thirteen-percent-of-u-s-adults-say-they-dont-use-the-internet/nHYvdlc.jpgAlso - looks like there must have been some sort of catastrophic set back somewhere in 2011 ... 8% is a pretty wild variance for polls ..

There's a size able portion of the US that is over the age of 70-80. I am shocked the number is this high.

According to this 25% of the population is over 55. So seeing 87% use the internet is very impressive. Good job America.

http://www.census.gov/population/age/data/files/2012/table1.xls

8 years ago at the start of this game I can bet around half the older population had no idea how to use the internet. Edited by Rotavele

I'm not that involved in the community here. I mostly focus on building my alliance and nation. I mainly check on tech deals and pay daily bills. I guess it's probably a 4 or 5.

Edited by Dcorp

There's a size able portion of the US that is over the age of 70-80. I am shocked the number is this high.

According to this 25% of the population is over 55. So seeing 87% use the internet is very impressive. Good job America.

http://www.census.gov/population/age/data/files/2012/table1.xls

8 years ago at the start of this game I can bet around half the older population had no idea how to use the internet.

55 really isn't that old. 55 year olds are parents of college students... the majority of those use a computer no problem. I would say 75 and older at this point aren't internet users. 

The first computer is over 60 years old, 67 I think.

I would disagree about old people knowing how to use a computer. I know plenty of forty year olds who know little more than click the mouse, let alone use the internet

April 2014: http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/04/03/older-adults-and-technology-use/

PI_14.04.01_seniorsTech-copy.png

Seniors, like any other demographic group, are not monolithic, and there are important distinctions in their tech adoption patterns, beginning with age itself. Internet use and broadband adoption among seniors each fall off notably starting at approximately age 75. Some 68% of Americans in their early 70s go online, and 55% have broadband at home. By contrast, internet adoption falls to 47% and broadband adoption falls to 34% among 75-79 year olds.

75 is the new 40 ??

My 65 year old grandmother touched a comp for the first time only 5 years ago - and the phone calls I and my cousins received for help significantly cut off after the first year .. You're selling that entire generation short if you're gonna sit here and set a blanket insult of stupidity and inability to adapt and learn.

Next you'll have Rush in here setting you straight about old peoples ;)  lol

55 really isn't that old. 55 year olds are parents of college students... the majority of those use a computer no problem. I would say 75 and older at this point aren't internet users. 

The first computer is over 60 years old, 67 I think.

Computers weren't for widespread commercial use for a long time after that.

I would disagree about old people knowing how to use a computer. I know plenty of forty year olds who know little more than click the mouse, let alone use the internet

Forty isn't old.

April 2014: http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/04/03/older-adults-and-technology-use/

PI_14.04.01_seniorsTech-copy.png

75 is the new 40 ??

My 65 year old grandmother touched a comp for the first time only 5 years ago - and the phone calls I and my cousins received for help significantly cut off after the first year .. You're selling that entire generation short if you're gonna sit here and set a blanket insult of stupidity and inability to adapt and learn.

Next you'll have Rush in here setting you straight about old peoples ;)  lol

Lmao I think everyone gets those calls from grandma at one point. "Ok click the start button. The Start button. Start. It's on the lower left hand corner. The start button. Start. Ok now click all programs.... All programs. It's on the bottom left above the start button. It's gone? Click the start button again. Ok never mind I'll be there in a second."

Lmao I think everyone gets those calls from grandma at one point. "Ok click the start button. The Start button. Start. It's on the lower left hand corner. The start button. Start. Ok now click all programs.... All programs. It's on the bottom left above the start button. It's gone? Click the start button again. Ok never mind I'll be there in a second."

Indeed - and most of us receive less calls as she learns .. I was saying - "old people" aren't as stupid as he's making a blanket statement to paint them as such over the ripe old age of 40 ...

Indeed - and most of us receive less calls as she learns .. I was saying - "old people" aren't as stupid as he's making a blanket statement to paint them as such over the ripe old age of 40 ...

Not stupid but it takes them awhile to learn.

I've noticed Old people call and ask people to help with their problems more. The Younger Generation is used to not asking for help and trying to figure it out/googling it. (Well at least some of us) Or at least the younger generation learned it first. I'm not sure. I don't think their exactly stupid past 40 though.

Which is basically why they dont want poor people to have internet or know how to use the internet, knowledge is dangerous.

Internet use hardly matters when you can direct people to the right websites to get the 'truth'.  After all if you suddenly throw someone a ton of information, they will tend to default to someone who can explain things for them.

Colbert has the right word for it.  "Truthiness".  Everyone can be on the internet and it would be no matter, because in reality most people subconsciously default to the things they already agree with and tune out the rest.

Maybe I should have been more wide with my words. My youngest coworker is more than three times my age and during the regular year I work at a senior care center and help them in their computer room to learn how to use a printer and go to google.com. So I'm well aware of the realities in that demographic.

I also never called them stupid, but from what I've seen working with my friends (yes I consider my coworkers my friends, funny since I apparently called them stupid) only one can actually use the store computer. So based on that experience (and I'm not saying this sample size is representative of the entire US population) where only one of my coworkers know how to use the computer competently out of the thirty or so, I say that the majority do not know how to use the internet. 

Edited by AngelCruzdelaSant

Maybe I should have been more wide with my words. My youngest coworker is more than three times my age and during the regular year I work at a senior care center and help them in their computer room to learn how to use a printer and go to google.com. So I'm well aware of the realities in that demographic

Sometimes your words are not wide enough, Angle. Edited by Rotavele