Delta Squad: Rise of the Dragon Empire

jesbro

As the construction on the new Imperial Palace came closer to finishing the rumors of a Dragon (Maelstrom's son Sterling) leading the construction efforts began to spread far and wide eventually making it to the ears of those who would want to see this dragon. Thanks to the hundreds of volunteers that helped the new palace turned out much bigger and better than before however Jesse and Mei wouldn't be able to see it until they returned from their trips and Sterling would be at the palace waiting for them.

Meanwhile Jesse was in the Gunwai Capital City of Mukden. He had gotten intel from their agent that Chin was there for a meeting of Communist parties from around the world. His son Jackie Lang was there with him but what his father didn't know was that he was the one that told Jesse where they were in the first place after he told Mei he found out his father really was the one responsible for the attacks. He had found out weeks before when his father revealed the truth to him. "I understand you want to know who was responsible for the nuclear attacks on China and I want to tell you the truth. It was me, I was the one responsible for launching the attack that started the nuclear war between China and Japan."

"Why would you do that father?! Why would you do something so devestating to our very own people?!"

"I was asking myself the same questions when I gave the order to the submarine captain I hired to do it. But soon I found those answers when I saw what happened after the nukes went off and sure enough the original reasons I wanted to do it seemed to be true. In order for a new empire to rise others must fall first and that is what happened. Evolution is based on survival of the fittest and after the war it was the people of Shanghai and Bhutan who came out the strongest and they were able to take over much of the former territory of the 2 other chinese nations that were hit by the nukes. I did it so that Mei would finally realize that I was right and that we were destined to rule all of China and perhaps even all of Asia."

Prsesnt Day: Jackie was leading his father out of the hotel for a night walk where his father wanted to tell him more about why he did it. "It still doesn't make sense father. If what you said before is true than why did you nuke Shanghai as well?"

"To prove that they were the strongest of the Chinese nations when the radiation cleared and to make sure they wouldn't be blamed when others started to look for whoever was responsible as well. I hear that Emperor Brian was killed during the strike and although we did not like each other I did feel sorry for what happened to him. If anything I wanted him to survive so that he could finally finish chasing his dream and lead Shanghai in unifying all of China under one banner. He was a friend to our race and I do feel sorry for his death."

Jesse was listening to the entire conversation though an earpiece on Jackie and then he finally said. "OK Jackie I have heard enough. I'm coming down to end this." He would then approach them from the other side of the street. They were in the part of the city where they knew there would be no cameras or anyone else to see them. "Hello Chin."

"Ah Jesse. It has been a long time since we last saw each other."

"Not long enough Chin, especially considering you should be dead."

"Your shot missed my heart but just barely. I know why you missed which is also the reason you are here."

"As you were lying there on the ground I gave you a chance to stop the terrorist acts you were trying to carry out. I believed you would listen and try to achieve your goals through legal non-violent means but in truth you are no different from the rest of the terrorists I have killed over the years. You try to give them a chance to redeem themselves and they will only stab you in the back!"

"I know you don't want me to say it but you are right. I am a violent person and will do anything to propel our race to the top of the food chain. Mei believes that if we are friends with the humans we can secure our safety but the truth is that the humans will never stop hunting us no matter what and the only way we can survive is if we stop them first. Our race was destined to rule the world!"

Jake would then stab him in the back through the heart with the sword Chin gave to him long ago. Chin knew that he was reaching the end of his life and when he felt the time was right he wanted Jackie to be the one to send him into the afterlife when he was ready. With how long he had been alive he could not deny to himself that he was ready and while he lay there dying Jesse would reply to what he said. "You are right Chin. Our race was destined to rule the world but not in the way you wanted. Not all of the humans want us dead and making alliances with them is the key to our survival which is exactly why my mother is in Bhutan right now securing alliances between Shanghai and the surrounding nations. You want us to strike at our enemies first but in order to truely win this war we have to let our enemies come to us. Once we have alliances with those that like us our true enemies will then reveal themselves and as long as the alliances stay honorable and strong than we will be able to crush all those who dare to oppose us. Just like my father used to love saying: "A great defense is the best offense!"  

As he finally let out his last breaths he told Jackie what he always wanted to say to him. "I am proud of you son. I am proud!"

A few tears would form in Jackie's eyes as he said that but he didnt feel sorry for what he did. He knew his father wanted him to be the one who would kill him and even if they didn't they knew that if anyone else found out it was him they wouldn't just kill him like Jesse wanted but would have instead tortured him a lot for what he had done before finally making him beg for death in the end. Jackie did what he had to do and for once both him and Jesse could finally rest peacefully knowing they had brought the one responsible for the attacks to justice. "Your father's goals were honorable Jackie but they way he was doing it was way too extreme. If our species is going to survive we need to make friends with the humans that would accept us. Only then will we be able to stand up against those who would try to destroy us. Can I count on your support should you and the Communist party win the election?"

"Of course Jesse. The people of Shanghai already know of you and your mother being dragons and they can accept it and so making sure you guys are safe from foreign nations that would want you dead is their top priority as it should be. No matter who wins the election all the people of Shanghai are ready to support you when you are eventually crowned Emperor of Shanghai."

"Thank You Jackie."

"No Jesse. Thank You."

Jesse we then leave the city and head back to Shanghai while Jackie would clean things up quickly and make sure it looked like he was mugged. No one would know they were there and everyone would think Chin's death was a horrible accident.

OOC: Jackie will still represent the Communist party of Shanghai at the Communist International in Gunwai.

Edited by jesbro

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the summit in Bhutan continued Jesse would arrive back in Shanghai where he was met by Sterling and was told of what has happened since he left. "The construction of the new palace is almost complete. There are still 1 or 2 rooms that are being finish as we speak and everything should be finished by the end of the week."

"Wow you were not kidding when you said you specialized in engineering like this. You seemed to have gotten it done must faster than anyone has anticipated."

"Well with the amount of your people willing to help it was not very hard. The humans seem to consider you and your mother a part of their families similar to how we Dragonisians treat each other. After you helped them rebuild the city they felt like they needed to help rebuild the palace and who was I to say no?"

"You have done a great thing by helping to shape how the new palace would turn out in the end and honestly I don't know how I will ever repay you."

"Well there is a taco place about a bloc away but Tacos are not the best food for dragons to eat. I can go get you a few if you really want to try them but lets just say the risks might be too great." Jesse would say jokingly in return.

Sterling would say to bring some back anyways and so Jesse would go down and get a lot of tacos for them to eat together although Sterling would ask if they would get in trouble with Mei for making a mess in the new palace and Jesse would answer. "As long as everything is cleaned by the time they get back I think we are safe."

Edited by jesbro

Immediately after the delegations had left the Bhutanese summit, Maelstrom spoke with Mei, "Jesse was collecting my amulets before.. I have determined it may be in our interests to continue doing so. They're now in an inert and relatively useless state. We need to get them back into the hands of leaders who would use them once again. I think you should have him collect the remaining ones abroad."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Mei agreed. "I shall have him go find the remaining medallions at once. After seeing what powers the medallions contain we need to keep them out of enemy hands."

Once she returned to Shanghai she would tell Jesse to retrieve the rest of the medallions. "It is important that you bring them back to Maelstrom before our enemies get their hands on them. After seeing what they managed to do to Alexis there is no telling what would happen if someone with an evil purpose got his hands on one of them."

"Fine we will do it but I still dont trust him that much. Sterling is ok but it will take much more for me to trust his father."

"Understood. Bring each medallion back to Maelstrom at the temple as you find them. The first one has been located in Alvonia, an agent will meet you in Vienna and give you more details when you get there. Good luck and stay safe."

Meanwhile as Jesse and his squad prepared for their next mission Shanghai troops under General Chang continued to fortify Beijing and help rebuild it. The city was still one of the largest in China and since it was on their northern border with Guanwai it was still a city of strategic importance. Soon after the troops managed to take complete control of the city they helped the population rebuild their homes and buisnesses to how they were before the nukes hit. Although there was much more damage in Beijing than there was in Shanghai they still managed to clean up most of the radiation and help get the city back on its feet. He would then report back to Mei on their progress. "As you helped rebuild Shanghai we have been helping to rebuild the city of Beijing ans right now it looks even better than it was before the war. I understand there has been an economic boom in Shanghai since you finished rebuilding most of it and same thing seems to be happening here. Our economy might not be total communist like Guanwai but it is not a total capitalist system either."

"We have let the people decide on how they want to do it I and believe that is why it has been so successful so far. We will continue to let the people decide how to do their economical buisness for now but will continue to monitor it and regulate it as needed to keep things stable. Continue the great work there in Beijing Chang!"

"Yes Empress." 

In the course of five hours, the corporal had found out quite a lot about this medallion Generalleutnant Schmidt and his unit were to protect. "Through various internet and book resources, sir, I was able to determine what exactly this medallion is." He looked very proud of himself, until Schmidt told him to go on, and actually tell him why the hell it was so important an armored division was deemed necessary to defend it. "Well sir," the soldier continued, "news has come to us of a group attempting to reclaim these medallions. Cascadia in particular saw some action from this group." Schmidt considered this carefully. "This group is armed?" "Potentially, sir." "Alright then, keep me updated with anything useful about this medallion. I want all the leverage if this group comes looking for it." The corporal nodded and quickly exited. Allowing the soldier to leave, Schmidt then searched the Internet on his own to find out about these medallions, while also looking over the report the young soldier gave him. In it, the reports and Internet pages told the medallions had been given to Old World leaders, as a sign of friendship. There were also rumors of mystical properties...that none knew the exact details of. Anyone that could have was long dead by now.

When the squad arrived in Vienna on their private jet they didn't have any other weapons except maybe a sidearm if they were allowed to carry one in Alvonia. They met up in a small cafe where they met their contact who had been doing recon of the unit that had the medallion and knew where it was headed. Jesse was kind of surprised to see that it was his friend Jake who he had not seen since Maelstrom was awoken in Bhutan. "The civilian cloths dont seem to be right for you Jake." Jesse would say when he recognized him.

"That is because it has been a while since I was on an undercover assignment like this. It is kind of hard to blend in when you are not part of the dominant demographic."

"So what did you find out so far Jake. My mother wouldn't send me all the way out here if you didn't have any important intel for me."

"The medallion will soon be here in Vienna. It is being brought here in an armored convoy so it is possible they might already know what it is capable of. Apparently there was a few news articles about what happened to Alexis in Cascadia."

"That's impossible." Alexis said. "My father promised that they wouldn't tell anyone else what really happened."

"Yes but some of the other scientists broke that promise and spilled the beans to the police, press, and basically anyone else who would listen to them and possibly believe them. Now normally the plan would be to usually attack the armored convoy by blowing up a few vehicles and then assaulting the armored truck carrying it while shooting anyone who tried to stop us but with how big this convoy is I don't think it would work without taking major casualties on our side as well. So instead we will wait here in Vienna for the convoy to arrive and then try to find out what they plan to do with it. If they wanted to destroy it they had plenty of opprotunities to do that and didn't so they plan on doing something big with it and I am curious to find out what their plan is."

"Good thinking Jake. Me and Alexis will continue to recon the place they are bringing the medallion with you while the rest of the squad waits at the plane by the airport. We might need more than our pistols if their leader plans on doing something evil with the medallion."

Jordan however didn't like it. "The place they are bringing the medallion to might be more heavily guarded than you think. You sure you can do this without us."

"Jordan when it is time to go retrieve the medallion I will call for you but for now we need to keep a low profile. If we spook them they might take the medallion somewhere else and we may never find it again."

"Understood."

Edited by jesbro

If the squad had went to the Vienna Naturhistorisches Museum, they would probably see elements of the Schwarze Korps combined with elements of the 1. Infanterie-Division conducting security. Usually, only the local security or police would be handling protection, however given the intelligence that had been gained through news outlets, security had been increased considerably. After half an hour, the convoy arrived and the Leopard 2A5s took up positions to surround all entrances and exits of the museum, with Panzer VIIs placing themselves on intersections to stop any hostile vehicles. In the square in front of the museum, Marder 1A4s scanned with their cannons, and all of this was added on with soldiers from both divisions and the Schwarze Korps patrolling to keep an eye out for anyone they deemed suspicious. The armored truck moved to in front of the museum in the square, and a team quickly set out to retrieve the shipment. A problem, however - there were four large trunks in the armored truck, and multiple teams came out to transport each trunk. No doubt they were being taken to different parts of the museum. If the squad had sharp eyes, or someone with binoculars, Generalleutnant Schmidt could be seen among the soldiers, watching them transport the trunks.

Both Jesse and Jake would be on top of a nearby building watching what was going on through their binoculars while talking about what they saw. "Yep that is the right convoy Jake. Who is the one guy there that seems to be their leader?"

"That is none other than Alvonia's Generalleutnant Schmidt. His unti specializes in the retrieval of valuable artifacts just like your squad. No one really knows what they do with the artifacts they retrieve but there are some rumors that Schmidt does experiments with them to see if any have any "supernatural" powers and if so he then tries to use them to enhance his army. Since we already know what the medallions can do it is pretty easy to guess what he is planning."

"The medallions have the power to turn people into dragons like what happened to Alexis in Cascadia. If he manages to use the medallion to create his own dragon army he would be nearly unstoppable!"

"And that is exactly why we have to stop him before it is too late. I'm sure you have already come up with a plan?"

"The only way I can see any of us getting in would be the roof. They might have a few guards on the roof at night but you and John should be able to take them out with your silenced sniper rifles. While you 2 cover us with your snipers we will sneak in through the roof and find out where they are holding the medallion inside. If all goes well we should be able to retrieve the medallion and make it back to the airport before they can track us down."

"And if that doesn't work?"

"The rest of you will fall back to the airport anyways and make sure you are not seen while on your way there. We would all meet back up at the plane and plan our next move there. No matter what we cant let Schmidt create his dragon army."

Edited by jesbro

That night as the squad gathered on the roof across from the museum Jesse went over the plan again just to make sure everyone knew what to do. "OK me, Jordan, and Nathan will enter the museum through the roof which we will get to using our zip line crossbows. Then we will enter through the door on the roof while Jake and John take out a few enemy guards using their silenced sniper rifles before they spot us. We will then proceed to the main floor of the museum where it looks like this "ritual" or whatever they are planning is going to take place."

Jake would then let them know some more info about the situation. "I can confirm that Schmidt is still inside the museum and probably plans on unlocking the powers the medallion contains on himself similar to what accidentally happened to Alexis in Seattle."

Alexis would continue from there through their comm system. "Speaking of me I will be here in the plane monitoring local police and military communications to let you know if and when they plan on sending reinformcents to the museum. If you guys are quick and quiet you should be able to be in and out without the guys on the outside noticeing what is going on before it is too late."

"Allright. Jake if there are any guards on the roof take them out and we will begin."

"OK but are you sure these tranquilizer bullets will work?"

"They were made to knock out your targets without killing them. These guards are only following orders to defend the museum and I dont wish to kill them unless absolutely necessary. Each round will immediately knock out the target on impact and they will be out for about an hour or so which should be long enough to get in and out."

"OK. I will let you know if there are any guards on the roof and then we will begin. Good luck Jesse." 

Edited by jesbro

Upon being hit by the tranquilizer bullets, the two snipers patrolling the roof would fall. Once the squad reached the roof itself, both snipers' radios went off, their officer asking in German if they saw anything, and to report in. What wasn't said, however, was that failure to respond in three minutes meant the alarm would be raised, and all local police and troops would be called to the museum to place it under lockdown. Meanwhile in the museum's security room, one of the soldiers assigned to assist the security guards noticed the body of one of the snipers falling into a camera's view. This camera happened to be right above the door the squad needed to get through to actually get into the building. If the squad were quick enough to move his body out of the camera's view as well as answer both soldier's radios, they would probably be able to prevent the alarm being raised.

Upon hearing the voice coming from the radio and seeing the body near the doorway Jesse immediately told Nathan to move the bodies and lean them up where they were originally without hurting them if he could. As he did that quickly Jesse and Jordan got on the radios and reported in German with their best accents that they didn't see any hostiles and would continue to keep watch. Once that was settled they would make their way inside quickly and silently. Meanwhile Nathan couldn't help but think that they were all walking into a trap. "Seriously Jesse we have done stealth missions like this a hundred times but I feel like this one is leading us right into a trap."

"That is why we are using these non lethal rounds Nathan. We are not Alvonia's enemy and these soldiers are only following orders like they should. If Schmidt however really plans on using the medallion to create his own unstoppable army than we have to stop him no matter what. Now if these soldiers already know this and have gone rogue as well then you are allowed to kill them but not until we can confirm that."

"So you believe this is a trap as well?"

"I know it will probably be a trap. We need to find out what he really is planning and if anyone else is helping him. If we run into more guards than knock them out silently until we get to the main room where Scmidt is. Meanwhile Jake and John will continue their support with their snipers and let us know when they see something important from their spot."

"What the hell?" would be the response from the soldier in the security office as he watched Jesse and Jordan head through the roof access into the main building. "We have two unknowns in the building, potential criminals, I repeat, potential criminals. Raise the alarm." Within seconds of that call, Vienna PD arrived on the scene and all entrances and exits were soon secured by the Wehrmacht. Via helicopter, police snipers deployed on rooftops across the museum, and road blockades had also been set up. The soldiers inside began to search through and clear each room one by one, on watch for anything suspicious.

"Hmm..." Schmidt said as the alarm klaxon blared. "So they do exist." He fondled the medallion in his hand, watching the dragon dance...would this really turn him into a dragon? Only one way to find out.

John and Jake would see the Wehrmacht setting up snipers on some of the other rooftops and would try to get into positions which would make it harder for them to be seen while still being able to provide silenced sniper support for Jesse and Jordan while Nathan took cover on the rooftop where the snipers wouldn't be able to hit him. "Jesse whatever you are doing you better do it fast. The Vienna PD arrived and I don't think they are here to arrest Scmidt. I also don't want to accidentally kill any of them when they are only trying to protect the people of the city."

"Well if they did want to protect the city they would arrest him. We are here to retrieve the medallion and bring it back to its owner and right now it looks like Scmidt plans on using it to take over Alvonia. Even if we are arrested we cant let Scmidt get away with the medallion."

"So you are saying that we shouldn't care if we are arrested as long as we stop Scmidt."

"They are not going to kill us Nathan. Especially if they know who we really are. They will probably interrogate me since I am the team leader and I will tell them the truth whether they want to believe me or not."

The three of them continued to make their way to the room where Scmidt was knocking out anyone that stood in their way without killing them. "We are not murderers. But if we have to kill Scmidt and his soldiers to end it than so be it."

Soon they made it to where Scmidt was and watched as Scmidt began to transform. "So it begins."

The Amulet, once worn, would turn Schmidt's eyes glowing green. He'd hit 8 feet in height before he stopped growing and the scales would be black as night. He was ravenous. It was like he had not eaten because the growth had consumed all the food and extra body weight he had for the change. He would have kept growing, but he ran out of fuel. He was so hungry, it might drive a weaker will to cannibalism. He'd also become aware that he was being controlled by someone.. but not the 'Dreamer' as it was known in Tibet. He was being controlled by one Markus Wilding although his form was being dictated by something else. Every action he was taking however,  was being dictated by this 'wilding' being. The Wilding appeared to be in some sort of strange state between awareness and slumber in this world. But something else was shaping him, something else was writing this part of the story but it was aware and it was preventing him from being aware of what it was. The 4th wall just shattered around him. The true nature of his existence as a pawn to greater powers revealed to him.. Then he noticed Delta squad was closing on him.

Schmidt would probably have to count his appendages, he had a few extras.. wings and tail to name a few. Once he changed.. the rest was on the 'Wilding' being.. the other entity.. had had its fun.

The amulet's fixtures chanted, "Awaken dreamer. Know you are here."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Jesse, Jordan, and Nathan would approach slowly with their guns all still aiming at him. Jordan didn't like it. "Well Jesse it looks like he just did exactly what we didn't want him to do."

"On the other hand this will make the police believe our story more if we are arrested."

"So now what do we do? Try to kill him or what."

"That depends on if he is willing to give us the amulet so that we can take it back to Maelstrom. If he doesn't than yea I will probably kill him."

Meanwhile as Jesse ans his squad got closer to the end of their mission in Alvonia, Mei and Lee kept on monitoring the situation in Gunwai. The country seemed to be tearing itself apart from the inside and sooner or later things could get much worse if they didn't get involved but Mei kept General Chang's forces on the Shanghai side of the border near Beijing. The city itself was back up and running even better than it was before the nuclear war but Mei things could take a turn for the worse if the situation in Gunwai got out of control. "The situation is getting worse every day over there Mei. If we don't act soon many more people over in Gunwai are going to die."

"And if we start moving our troops into Gunwai it will be our troops who will start to die when they meet resistance there, When the Southern Chinese goverment tore itself apart the people welcomed us with open arms but things did not go as well in the north. Sure we were able to secure Beijing while meeting minimal resistance but the people in the rest of the region to the northeast of Beijing have never really liked us and I don't think forcing them to like us will make the situation any better."

"So we are just going to watch as people continue to kill each other there?"

"When the time comes for us to make our move we shall but not until the time is right. The time will come when we can claim the rest of Eastern China but until then we shall continue to watch the situation and wait until the right moment before we move in."

Edited by jesbro

Jesse and his squad slowly approached the newly transformed Scmidt. They kept their weapons steadly aimed on him as Jesse tried to see if he was more willing to cooperate. "So the transformation might have worked but that doesn't change the facts. Most of your forces in this building have been taken out for the time being and honestly I don't think the Vienna PD will be able to tell friend or foe of you if they came in here right now. I am giving you one chance to trust me and hand over the medallion and in exchange I will help you get out of here alive. I suggest you take that chance because it is more than most get and I can just as easily take the medallion from you and leave you here for the Vienna PD to kill."

Jesse would then transform into his own red dragon form which was a little smaller than Scmidt's but not by much. "So what is your choice gonna be? Do you want to live or do you want to die?!"

OOC: Markus said I could finish off the Alvonia mission so that's what is going to happen here. Gonna be very interesting for sure.

Scmidt would just look at them and smile. "That is the question is it? You think after all that has happened here that I am just going to give up. You are too blind to see what is truely going on here, we are all pawns in someone elses game. Just like a game of Chess the gods are using us to play their own game. You might say we all have destinies to fulfill and you are right because we all have purposes in life and mine was to become what I am now and lead our race until we are the ones ruling the world, not the humans. You really think there can be peace between our race and the humans? Look outside and you will see the truth, they want us all dead any they will stop at nothing to make sure we all go extinct."

Jesse would tell Jordan and Nathan to lower their weapons. "Yes Scmidt you are right. There are humans that do want to see us all dead but you have to understand that there are other humans that accept us for what we are as well and if we are to survive we will need all the allies we can get whether they are human or not. The only way we can survive is if we work together."

"And that is where you are wrong." Scmidt would then try to escape by flying through the glass roof and Jesse would follow close behind. When they were in the air above the museum the Vienna PD would probably open fire at them but any bullets that did hit at all would bounce off of their armored scales. Jesse would eventually hit Scmidt in the back and cause him to drop the medallion while Nathan would catch it when it went dropped back into the museum. Scmidt would continue to stare at Jesse as a few bullets whizzed past them.  "The humans shoot at us even now. Whether I have the medallion or not will not change things. The humans will continue to hunt us down until we are all destroyed unless something is done to stop them."

"I will do whatever it takes to protect my people, but if we stand together with humans that do like us it may prove to the rest of the world that we are not the monsters they think we are."

"I wish you luck on that quest. If what you say is true than perhaps there can be peace between us and the rest of the humans but until then I will stand by my beliefes as you stand by yours." Scmidt would then fly away while Jesse would fly in the direction of the airport. He would eventually find a safe spot to land and change back into his human form. After that he would then get back to the airport and wait for the rest of the squad at the plane with Alexis.

Meanwhile Jordan was explaining to the Vienna PD why they were there to stop Scmidt from trying to take over Alvonia with his own dragon army and after seeing Jesse and Scmidt as dragons flying above the museum the leader of the Vienna PD forces believed him. They were all given a police escort back to the airport to make sure nothing else happened to the medallion and he said they were not allowed back in Vienna unless they checked in first to let the Vienna PD know what they were doing there. Jesse met them back on the plane and once everyone was there it took off and they would be on their way back to Shanghai.

After some time had passed since the plane took off Jesse would recieve a message from Lee in Shangri-La. "We have a situation developing here Jesse. The Raj of India has vanished and we need someone to investigate why it happened and who is responsible for his dissapearence."

"And by someone you mean us dont you?!"

"Land the plane in the Druk Yul city of Shangri-La and then come meet with us at the temple. Maelstrom will give you more details once you arrive."

"You got it Lee. Jesse out."

Now that SEATO would be officially at war with Russia if it didn't back down within 24 hours Lee was given control of the Shanghai military so he could coordinate to defend their borders and help the Druk Yul forces when they needed to. Mei and Lee were still in Shangri-La discussing the situation with the Druk Yul leadership at the temple. "We gave them a chance to back down but it looks like they would rather see their own destruction. If Emperor Maximillian does not back down than it will pretty much mean the end of the Russian Empire."

"You say that like it is a bad thing Lee." said Jesse. By this time he had arrived with the rest of his squad at the temple as well. "By the look of it the Russian Emperor wanted this war even if it meant the destruction of his empire. What I want to find out is why? What could be so important that he would risk the destruction of his entire empire to get it?"

"You can try looking for something that can help us on your computer using the internet but your guess is as good as mine at this point. You are right that it looks like he wanted this war from the beginning and if we can find out the reason why maybe we can stop this war before there is too much bloodshed."

Edited by jesbro

Maelstrom was not at the temple in Shangri La.. he was still with the air fleet. He was meeting with Admiral Cecil Highwind. Though Lee had left, Maelstrom was still looking over the fleet and inspecting the new weapons systems. Also, the state of the art command center on the Highwind was a very good place to oversee a war. Dread Space and Koudowaia were at the temple however.. at least until Koudoawaia had been evacuated to a bunker for the family of Druk Yul. Based on their observations there were some concerns the Russians would be "missile happy" and that the temple may become a primary target.

For the time being they would all head back to Shanghai until the war was over. When they arrived they would go to the new war room under the palace in a bunker that could now withstand multiple nukes even if they hit the palace directly. After Emperor Brian died in the last attack they did not want to take any chances this time. "All our forces are ready for when the Russians attack if they do attack. We also have over 100,000 troops on standby to help Druk Yul if and when they need the extra reinforcements. Now it is time to wait and see what the Russians do first."