Is the nation display in TE being revamped currently?

hartfw

Because right now every nation I click on is really different.  There is no longer separate lines for Flag, or My Resources.

The flag's location is on the right dangling far to the side off the bars of Ruler, Nation Name, and Last activity, 

My Resources are circled in green boxes on the connected resources line.

I'm hoping this is a browser issue and not a new change.

confirmed its not just me, and apparently it has now migrated to SE.  Will save my complaints for the thread announcing this; feel free to lock.

I know it will take some getting use to and I know how much people hate change but there was purpose behind this. The reason behind this update was to clean up and reduce some of the vertical scrolling that was required on the nation display page. Consolidating and removing redundant rows helped a lot. The new bar charts were added simply because charts FTW. B-)

I know it will take some getting use to and I know how much people hate change but there was purpose behind this. The reason behind this update was to clean up and reduce some of the vertical scrolling that was required on the nation display page. Consolidating and removing redundant rows helped a lot. The new bar charts were added simply because charts FTW. B-)

Okay, move this to the appropriate thread please, but to avoid spamming with topics and I'm not sure if its a new suggestion or a feedback thread somewhere or w

1) Reducing scrolling is great, shrinking the oversized icons for currency, religion and gov type would gain a bunch of space.

2) Please lose "title" before titles.  It reads terrible including this, and is redundant.

3) That flag location needs to be fixed, it looks terrible over there.  This I think will be the big issue many people will have with this layout.

4) Bar charts are great.  The environmental descriptions are particularly great.

Could the resources be changed so that the native resources are on the left hand side rather than just have green boxes around them? it'd look cleaner imo.

Gopherbashi I do like it but for the big area of white space beneath nation information. Since that text is customizable that makes it tricky, though I guess an option would be to make a scrolling container for it. I think I might play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Gopherbashi I do like it but for the big area of white space beneath nation information. Since that text is customizable that makes it tricky, though I guess an option would be to make a scrolling container for it. I think I might play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Yeah, it's admittedly a downside, especially as some people leave their nation info blank or use the default.

So you force everyone to use the extended nation display and then move the flag where no-one wants it to reduce scrolling?...

So you force everyone to use the extended nation display and then move the flag where no-one wants it to reduce scrolling?...

The standard and extended nation displays were merged quite some time ago. There hasn't been an extended nation display since then.

And is the flag placement really that big a deal?

The standard and extended nation displays were merged quite some time ago. There hasn't been an extended nation display since then.

I think the same could be said about the tiny amount of scrolling it has saved. The Environment, Nation Rank, Casualty Rank & Population Happiness are bigger than they need to be. Could you not trim them a little and restore the flag so everyone's happy?

Personally, I got over the placement of the flag after about a day. The only thing that I still find to be a minor annoyance is the "Technology" & "Literacy Rate" placement. I don't mind them being on the same line, but I'd love if there was a some extra space and a vertical line barrier between them to add some separation.

Personally, I got over the placement of the flag after about a day. The only thing that I still find to be a minor annoyance is the "Technology" & "Literacy Rate" placement. I don't mind them being on the same line, but I'd love if there was a some extra space and a vertical line barrier between them to add some separation.

I'd rather see it moved to the tax rate line after (This high tax rate angers your citizens.) - Literacy Rate: 100.00%

I think so.  But I really like some flags, and think its a nice personal touch to a nation.  I would happily give up space elsewhere to get the flag back.

I think so.  But I really like some flags, and think its a nice personal touch to a nation.  I would happily give up space elsewhere to get the flag back.

There is a bunch of dead space around where the flags currently sit. Maybe give the flag an extra line and expand the length of it would do the trick.

My biggest problem with the flag is that it's no longer the 150x80 dimensions, so most flags are now distorted to fit the new dimensions. If these new dimensions are kept, then I'd like to resize my flag then have it re-uploaded so it looks how it's supposed to look. Also, if the flag was on the left side I don't think it would look so bad.

For example:

bdmJRbe.png

Also, the "No Flag Selected" is absolutely terrible. Perhaps, a better idea would be to make a Cyber Nations flag and use it as a default? Maybe use something from the graphic store?

Edited by Samwise