CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from my perspective, the entire concept of CNRP2 is a much more welcoming and forgiving environment for people unused to how RP works to play, and for those who aren't playing to win to actually enjoy themselves. Four of the nations in CNRP2 are brand new to CNRP, and Two are old RPers who would not have revived land from the current protectorate holders in CNRP.

It doesn't seem more foregiving and welcoming for people with 50k or more ns. It seems like an random number you chose to keep certain people out, In which case you should have taken your rp off of the forums. What you're doing now is arguably a violation of forum rules.

from my perspective, the entire concept of CNRP2 is a much more welcoming and forgiving environment for people unused to how RP works to play, and for those who aren't playing to win to actually enjoy themselves. Four of the nations in CNRP2 are brand new to CNRP, and Two are old RPers who would not have revived land from the current protectorate holders in CNRP.

Honestly, we are forgiving and pretty nice. We just don't like dealing with someone who can't be trusted with anything and who's just plain unreasonable, however, you really need to act like a raging insane crackpot to get universally ignored by us. Not even Triyun or Kankou are shut out like that by us, because those might be annoying at times, but they can be reasoned with. Maybe, one day, you too will see merit in shutting people out and then I might think of joining... oh wait, I can't.

Also, I guess one of those two is Rota. The other is?

Honestly, we are forgiving and pretty nice. We just don't like dealing with someone who can't be trusted with anything and who's just plain unreasonable, however, you really need to act like a raging insane crackpot to get universally ignored by us. Not even Triyun or Kankou are shut out like that by us, because those might be annoying at times, but they can be reasoned with. Maybe, one day, you too will see merit in shutting people out and then I might think of joining... oh wait, I can't.

Mara would be unable to get any land as she would have to ask triyun or centurius, and as is stands I could throw my own hat into that group, as the only place left for me to reroll into would be Vancouver. Maybe one day you too will realize that the CNRP community is not forgiving, and it is not kind.

Edited by Mogar

Mara would be unable to get any land as she would have to ask triyun or centurius, and as is stands I could throw my own hat into that group, as the only place left for me to reroll into would be Vancouver. Maybe one day you too will realize that the CNRP community is not forgiving, and it is not kind.

Did Mara ask people? I'd think if she genuinely put an effort into convincing Triyun, Cent or maybe someone like Shammy, who's pretty nice, she could get land. And if she doesn't go overboard afterwards, she might be able to keep it. Mara got ousted last time for a reason, and that was because she tried to claim my land and she thought she'd get away with it. If she had stayed with her parcel of North America, she'd be a CNRP nation and not even my protest would've gotten the rest of the conference to kick her out. But someone had to resort to violence... Have not heard of her trying ever since.

Also, maybe one day I will realise that we are not forgiving, but you know, up to now, signs pointed in the other direction. People like pointing out that Triyun "kicked" me out of Japan. Still, my next nation attempt was in his protectorate (I left because I got bored) and I would think, I still am on good enough terms to get decent land and treadmend from him, if I was to leave Québec. That's the case altough I fought Triyun a couple of times in the past, got rolled at least once, got labelled a "fascist bandit" and I don't agree with everything he does. I don't think there's much of a lingering hostility there. Meanwhile, your RP is pretty much based on excluding Triyun et al. I really think, we won the forgiveness and tolerance contest.

Did Mara ask people? I'd think if she genuinely put an effort into convincing Triyun, Cent or maybe someone like Shammy, who's pretty nice, she could get land. And if she doesn't go overboard afterwards, she might be able to keep it. Mara got ousted last time for a reason, and that was because she tried to claim my land and she thought she'd get away with it. If she had stayed with her parcel of North America, she'd be a CNRP nation and not even my protest would've gotten the rest of the conference to kick her out. But someone had to resort to violence... Have not heard of her trying ever since.

Also, maybe one day I will realise that we are not forgiving, but you know, up to now, signs pointed in the other direction. People like pointing out that Triyun "kicked" me out of Japan. Still, my next nation attempt was in his protectorate (I left because I got bored) and I would think, I still am on good enough terms to get decent land and treadmend from him, if I was to leave Québec. That's the case altough I fought Triyun a couple of times in the past, got rolled at least once, got labelled a "fascist bandit" and I don't agree with everything he does. I don't think there's much of a lingering hostility there. Meanwhile, your RP is pretty much based on excluding Triyun et al. I really think, we won the forgiveness and tolerance contest.

There is a slight technology difference between 1991 and 2024, compared to 2001 to 2014, any weapons we use in CNRP2 will be found on wikipedia clearly labeled with specifications. Instead of wars of who can research technology better, it turns into a war of who is genuinely the better RPer. The rules were not designed specifically to keep out triyun and the rest of the clique, is it a happy benefit? I personally will not deny it, but for nations the size of Jed's who based upon my reading of their RP, will potentially be in conflict with Rota, and at the end of it, neither will be forced out of existence, something that is not common in CNRP. There is nearly a comparable number of nations in CNRP2 as there is in CNRP, and nearly 1/3rd of them are brand new players, if CNRP was so welcoming why did they wait until this more noob friendly rule set to join?

You can make the case that CNRP is forgiving and tolerant all you'd like, when Cent and Triyun make an IC reaction to the genocide against The Cape, you'll maybe even be able to convince a few people. or perhaps Cent will ICly denounce what amounts to an Tianxian Colony in Europe, if you do not recognize Triyun's optional canon nation that currently exists there. Or perhaps Tianxia will speak out against the blatant land grab against Kanks, or my previous example of Triyun's behavior against mona lisa IC for absolutely no justifiable IC reason. If you'd like I can go back further than three weeks ago to provide more examples of just how "welcoming and forgiving" CNRP is.

If you can provide me with a genuine reason as to how having two communities coexisting and any intermingling between them being decided BY THE ROLEPLAYERS, negatively affects either world, please, feel free to continue replying in this topic, otherwise, return to your own OOC thread and whine about how awful those mean widdle nations are for not allowing you to come in and break their toys.

It doesn't seem more foregiving and welcoming for people with 50k or more ns. It seems like an random number you chose to keep certain people out, In which case you should have taken your rp off of the forums. What you're doing now is arguably a violation of forum rules.

The Mod Staff seemed open enough to our RP to allow for the Map Thread to be stickied alongside yours, our RP does not affect yours, you have your sandbox, why are you trying to break ours? You can come up with a better argument than this. Or perhaps you can't based upon your most recent war performance.

Edited by Mogar

There is a slight technology difference between 1991 and 2024, compared to 2001 to 2014, any weapons we use in CNRP2 will be found on wikipedia clearly labeled with specifications. Instead of wars of who can research technology better, it turns into a war of who is genuinely the better RPer. The rules were not designed specifically to keep out triyun and the rest of the clique, is it a happy benefit? I personally will not deny it, but for nations the size of Jed's who based upon my reading of their RP, will potentially be in conflict with Rota, and at the end of it, neither will be forced out of existence, something that is not common in CNRP. There is nearly a comparable number of nations in CNRP2 as there is in CNRP, and nearly 1/3rd of them are brand new players, if CNRP was so welcoming why did they wait until this more noob friendly rule set to join?

You can make the case that CNRP is forgiving and tolerant all you'd like, when Cent and Triyun make an IC reaction to the genocide against The Cape, you'll maybe even be able to convince a few people. or perhaps Cent will ICly denounce what amounts to an Tianxian Colony in Europe, if you do not recognize Triyun's optional canon nation that currently exists there. Or perhaps Tianxia will speak out against the blatant land grab against Kanks, or my previous example of Triyun's behavior against mona lisa IC for absolutely no justifiable IC reason. If you'd like I can go back further than three weeks ago to provide more examples of just how "welcoming and forgiving" CNRP is.

If you can provide me with a genuine reason as to how having two communities coexisting and any intermingling between them being decided BY THE ROLEPLAYERS, negatively affects either world, please, feel free to continue replying in this topic, otherwise, return to your own OOC thread and whine about how awful those mean widdle nations are for not allowing you to come in and break their toys.

You never looked up the F-22's top speed on wiki, did you? Or the range of modern Japanese anti-tank weaponry. Nope, just because it is out, it needs not be public. And just because our tech scale goes beyond 2014, it does not mean that it's that much worse in our RP. The issue is not so much whether we got future tech, but whether we know how to use the stuff we have. Most of the stuff my country uses isn't futuristic. I'm actually applying maybe less than half a dozen novel technologies in my war with MGL, and if the tech scale would be capped at 2014, I'd still be able to use 90% of my forces. As said already a few times before, just because you don't understand it, it's not magic.

Also, I think the main reason we don't get new people is not so much that we got Triyun, Cent and all those evils, but that we got a bad reputation, as vocal people like you cry about all the "injustice" that happens to you. Despite that, we still have a good number of people and even got new ones. I wouldn't complain there. Especially not, given we have yet to see how far your new RP goes.

Honestly, I'm not whining about you people keeping me out. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying we are exclusive when you just level a blanket ban on large nations. And I must say, I enjoy staying out and watching, because it's quite entertaining. It's so full of contradictions and people trying to matter, it's funny. Just...keep it out of our RP, please.

The Mod Staff seemed open enough to our RP to allow for the Map Thread to be stickied alongside yours, our RP does not affect yours, you have your sandbox, why are you trying to break ours? You can come up with a better argument than this. Or perhaps you can't based upon your most recent war performance.

You say it doesn't affect us, the paragraph after you told me that there's nothing wrong with interaction. Quod erat demonstrantum.

Just...keep it out of our RP, please.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread. Nobody is forcing you to read what we post. Nobody is forcing you to sit here and reply to us. Nobody. The only reason you, or anyone, is sitting here replying to us is because you are willingly doing so. I have no control over what you think or do. Only you have that control.

Oh you're spicy today. Allow me to show you why I think this is against forum rules.

Closed RPs - Thread authors in the roleplay forums may restrict their RP to a select group of posters specified by forum name. This must be done in the original post and clearly labeled. Thread authors may not make blanket statements prohibiting or allowing only certain groups, alliances, or entities posting rights. Closed RPs MUST be done as above.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread. Nobody is forcing you to read what we post. Nobody is forcing you to sit here and reply to us. Nobody. The only reason you, or anyone, is sitting here replying to us is because you are willingly doing so. I have no control over what you think or do. Only you have that control.

I don't care about your RP. To be honest, I'm mostly just marking it as read. But I don't want to go and see people in CNRP trying to act as if I'm some idiot for not recognising some nation from your RP. Or people from your RP trying to approach the CNRP UN to acknowledge your RP to have any kind of connection. Otherwhise, indeed, noone forces me to read your posts and apart from that your country has some name derrived from Novgorod, I have no clue what it is, because I have yet to ever open the thread.

I love the new CNRP I feel like I have more freedom and I'm so glad I was invited to it in the beginning I feel like part of the family

I'm glad you like it hun.

Also why are all the CNRPers in this thread? You guys still are trying to use the "We did nothing wrong" well just keep it that way ok? If it makes you feel better, believe it even. However we're much more happier here without all the control. Let us be happy. If this is what we want to do and we're so wrong, well we feel the same way about you and it's why this exists. So let us go and be happy and have fun. It's a game.

Many of the members in our community are people who have played for awhile but have never posted on the forums, much less this community. If that doesn't send a message that it's hope for a free non-controlled by 2 people game, I don't know what will. The people who have been forced out because a few bad apples who have all the power of the CNRP Community can finally role play and have FUN it is a game afterall. It's not a conquest for control.

Edited by Rotavele

yadda yadda

First, the word estimated is there for a reason. It means someone made an estimate, because it is classified. Just like many other things.

Second, you know I did never claim all their weapons are classified. I talked about AT weaponry. If you'd actually be looking into the whole range of Japanese arms (like I did, because it's what I used as Japan for my army, without modifications), you'd notice that anti-tank missiles mostly lack ranges. It is not specified on the English wiki why, but the German wiki, for example, states it is classified (which would explain the lack of ranges). It's not just those though, but Japan classified quite a few things. Given I worked things up by using also German and Japanese sources (which was not easy), I think we can conclude, just because something exists, it's info is not readily available on wiki.

Forgive me Eva? 

Not sure if it's me. I know I saw that this was starting and I had been wanting to roleplay for awhile. Also I had never done anything to you or never knew who you were. You just always came at me with really harsh insults. I figured it was over OOC grudges. When you were the outcast in CNRP and I was still around, I always tried to support you and you basically would spit in my face. However, I don't think two rights make a wrong and should you come in range of joining, I'd give you land if you needed.