Technology Costs

Tiberius

If you buy tech in lots of 10 like i do it totals 1.8 million.

10 tech - 80k

20 - 120

30 - 144

40 - 168

50 - 176

60 - 200

70 - 208

80 - 216

90 - 240

100 - 248

It obviously varies if you use gold, lead and oil to get microchips reducing the price by 13% and as mentioned, -20% with universities as well as a few wonders. You'll easily find an old sequence to buy 50 tech at the lowest cost but I've never been bothered with the cost of tech so I've never bothered. I still profit 4.2 mil for every 6/100 tech deal completed. I know the buyers must be saving tens of millions so its a win/win.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

if you buy up the correct way, you'll save additional money.  Don't just buy 10 tech, then 10 tech, and so forth.  Buy up to the "jump" points (where the cost jumps), then buy 10 tech.  It's a proven means of maximizing your tech profits, that and uh... FAC wonders

if you buy up the correct way, you'll save additional money.  Don't just buy 10 tech, then 10 tech, and so forth.  Buy up to the "jump" points (where the cost jumps), then buy 10 tech.  It's a proven means of maximizing your tech profits, that and uh... FAC wonders

This isn't new to any of us, we all know this which is what i stated in my post. The reason why I don't bother is that it doesn't save much, its less than 100k. I've gone through the numbers before.

This isn't new to any of us, we all know this which is what i stated in my post. The reason why I don't bother is that it doesn't save much, its less than 100k. I've gone through the numbers before.

And you didn't find it important enough to mention in your post?  Because you didn't give it anything other than a cursory "I don't do that" nod to a 50 tech sequence, ignoring that a sequence also exists for the modern 100 tech deals.  And by all means, do it your way if you want, but this forum is the "Question Center".  People who are less familiar with this game frequently come here with questions, and giving them the correct answer matters.  Could it be that some people don't know the tech purchase sequence - after all, you had to be told about it, didn't you?  Considering how many rounds of tech the average player is going to sell, 100k times 40 or 50 rounds is going to really, really add up.  For nations at sub-1k infra levels that don't have a full suite of econ improvements and few if any wonders, that 100k difference is suddenly much bigger.  If the tech deal isn't a 6m/100 or 9m/100, but rather a 6m/200 (which is common), the gap becomes even bigger.  This is a game where precision matters.

Buy tech 4.5-10-10-5-10-10-10-10-5-10-10-5.5, save money, it's that simple.  takes about the same amount of time and really, the only way it should take substantially more time is if your connection can't reach broadband speeds, or if you're playing on a phone and still haven't mastered the use of a touchscreen.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf

And you didn't find it important enough to mention in your post?  Because you didn't give it anything other than a cursory "I don't do that" nod to a 50 tech sequence, ignoring that a sequence also exists for the modern 100 tech deals.  And by all means, do it your way if you want, but this forum is the "Question Center".  People who are less familiar with this game frequently come here with questions, and giving them the correct answer matters.  Could it be that some people don't know the tech purchase sequence - after all, you had to be told about it, didn't you?  Considering how many rounds of tech the average player is going to sell, 100k times 40 or 50 rounds is going to really, really add up.  For nations at sub-1k infra levels that don't have a full suite of econ improvements and few if any wonders, that 100k difference is suddenly much bigger.  If the tech deal isn't a 6m/100 or 9m/100, but rather a 6m/200 (which is common), the gap becomes even bigger.  This is a game where precision matters.

Buy tech 4.5-10-10-5-10-10-10-10-5-10-10-5.5, save money, it's that simple.  takes about the same amount of time and really, the only way it should take substantially more time is if your connection can't reach broadband speeds, or if you're playing on a phone and still haven't mastered the use of a touchscreen.

Like i said i don't care about saving less than 100k when i'm still making 4.2 mil per tech deal. If you have the answer for OP why didn't you share it instead of telling stuff we already know. You bought nothing to this thread but your usual method of trying to start am argument when its not needed.

Go and find out the total cost to your sequence and post it here for OP. You don't need to add anything else, just that if your really here to help.

Like i said i don't care about saving less than 100k when i'm still making 4.2 mil per tech deal. If you have the answer for OP why didn't you share it instead of telling stuff we already know. You bought nothing to this thread but your usual method of trying to start am argument when its not needed.

Go and find out the total cost to your sequence and post it here for OP. You don't need to add anything else, just that if your really here to help.

I did share it and you're possibly the only person here who would take that as "starting an argument".  You posted poor quality advice, I posted the correct advice.  This isn't even a matter of subjective opinion - this is about math, and which number is lower and thus, less expensive so take that chip on your shoulder into a thread where you have an actual chance of being correct.  Maybe you don't care - and that's fine, no one says you have to - but others might, and if they do care, it helps to have the exact method and number available.  This is an overarching point that this thread is not about you, especially when you can't even give the correct advice.

The cost to buy, exactly as OP stated (without modifiers - no wonders and no universities) to 100 tech using the method I stated above is $2,188,225.00.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf