Revamped prize system.

So you get points for things about your nation in various categories - casualties, ns (maybe broken into infra/land/tech), total destruction dealt out, total cash collected maybe (skews wonders but whatever lets throw this in here anyway), etc

every nation gets "points" based on how well you score in various categories, and prizes are given out by whoever has the most points.

i'm not actually sure if scoring should be based on benchmarks (ie 300k casualties gets you a point, 400k gets 2, 500k gets 3, etc), or based on relative to others (most casualties gets 5, 2nd most gets 4, etc) (numbers can be scaled)

also not sure if prizes should be given out on benchmarks (10 points = x donations) or top scoring guys get prizes

also not convinced this is even a good idea, but hey its a new idea

Perhaps the "points" could be spent on SE items as well that would otherwise be impossible to get.  Discounts on wonders, temporary boosts to military capacity, LEVEL 10 PLANES, temporary access to new bonus resources - you could actually do a lot with this.  And, since it's possible to carry over your account round-to-round, it would be entirely feasible that points could carry over round-to-round as well.

To balance this, it may be wise to include a spy-op that can reduce these points (not by a terrible amount, but enough to make it worthwhile).  This would obviously be a TE-specific spy op, but I think it's actually not as bad an idea as you may think.

The whole goal is to think outside the box - what can admin do to give prizes for good TE performance that are innovative, interesting, and useful?  having won a flag, i can say that while it's nice and the 2500 infra I got out of the deal was nice too, these are things I could have gotten having never played TE.  All that would be required would be 20 people in my own alliance (which I could do) and purchasing 2500 infra (which i can ALSO do).  This doesn't subtract from the value of these things - i love my flag, and free infra is free infra - but having prizes be unique and innovative would draw a lot of people to TE and change up the game, and not in a bad way.

Who says it needs to be unbalancing?  By attaching a time limit to these bonuses - say, until the end of the next two TE rounds, you accomplish two goals: 1. balancing the game and 2. encouraging participation in TE.

I'd like to see an overall award for the player placing highest in a combination of the three factors: destruction, NS and casualties. Base it on their nation ranking in each category, with the lowest score winning...thus, someone finishing 2nd in destruction, 3rd in casualties and 12th in NS would have a score of 17 and finish above someone finishing 1st in NS, 10th in destruction and 10th in casualties, with a score of 21.

I'd like to see an overall award for the player placing highest in a combination of the three factors: destruction, NS and casualties. Base it on their nation ranking in each category, with the lowest score winning...thus, someone finishing 2nd in destruction, 3rd in casualties and 12th in NS would have a score of 17 and finish above someone finishing 1st in NS, 10th in destruction and 10th in casualties, with a score of 21.

I don't think it should be based on the sum of rankings, but it's a good general idea

I feel like this is too complicated to work well and some of them might correlate too perfectly or too perfectly opposite (casualties and destruction, versus destruction and ns).; but I wouldn't mind if we kept a rating of our own and saw if we could do this type award for a round.  Also, in no way am I volunteering for doing that work.

So you get points for things about your nation in various categories - casualties, ns (maybe broken into infra/land/tech), total destruction dealt out, total cash collected maybe (skews wonders but whatever lets throw this in here anyway), etc

every nation gets "points" based on how well you score in various categories, and prizes are given out by whoever has the most points.

i'm not actually sure if scoring should be based on benchmarks (ie 300k casualties gets you a point, 400k gets 2, 500k gets 3, etc), or based on relative to others (most casualties gets 5, 2nd most gets 4, etc) (numbers can be scaled)

also not sure if prizes should be given out on benchmarks (10 points = x donations) or top scoring guys get prizes

also not convinced this is even a good idea, but hey its a new idea

Most of us wont even be getting any points with those benchmarks so lets just lower that bar just a little, maybe start at say 100k or even 50k casualties gets you a point. But seriously, I'd just use NS, casualties and nation destruction dealt and received just to keep it simple for a trial round but I'm not sure it'll be an improvement on the existing system.

Most of us wont even be getting any points with those benchmarks so lets just lower that bar just a little, maybe start at say 100k or even 50k casualties gets you a point. But seriously, I'd just use NS, casualties and nation destruction dealt and received just to keep it simple for a trial round but I'm not sure it'll be an improvement on the existing system.

Most of us don't win flags either, so nothing wrong with a high benchmark for points.

Most of us don't win flags either, so nothing wrong with a high benchmark for points.

When you say "Most of us" are you referring to your aa TPC because that's debatable. But seriously, we know this wont increase most of our chances for capturing flags but no harm in sharing the points around.

It'd be good to analyze a complete or near complete overview of your proposal with numbers/resources/layout. If the same people who currently win the awards also win them with this system then what reasons would you change it for?

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I don't think it should be based on the sum of rankings, but it's a good general idea

Yeah, I'm not married to that means of judging it, but I couldn't think of any other easily-coded (and relatively easy to track, for players) overall metric.

When you say "Most of us" are you referring to your aa TPC because that's debatable. But seriously, we know this wont increase most of our chances for capturing flags but no harm in sharing the points around.

It'd be good to analyze a complete or near complete overview of your proposal with numbers/resources/layout. If the same people who currently win the awards also win them with this system then what reasons would you change it for?

"most of us" meaning maybe 5 people out 500 each round win flags. Sure, tpc's dominance of flags might be the recent trend, but older players might remember G6/DR/Anonymous and them taking most of rounds like 16-20.

Whats wrong with the same people who currently win the rounds being able to win rounds under the new scoring system? People who win the current rounds are some of the best builders, and every statistic that we track is aided by building well. You can't get casualties, do damage, or have lots of NS without being able to build correctly.

"most of us" meaning maybe 5 people out 500 each round win flags. Sure, tpc's dominance of flags might be the recent trend, but older players might remember G6/DR/Anonymous and them taking most of rounds like 16-20.

Whats wrong with the same people who currently win the rounds being able to win rounds under the new scoring system? People who win the current rounds are some of the best builders, and every statistic that we track is aided by building well. You can't get casualties, do damage, or have lots of NS without being able to build correctly.

This.  The more infra you have, the more soldiers you have.  The more soldiers you have, the more soldiers die defending and fighting.  The more infra you have, the more you're going to be able to last in a fight.  Ever try winning a GA against an opponent with even 1k infra at 400 infra for yourself?  It's nigh impossible.

Infra is not the end-all in this game but try winning without it - you'll fail every time.

I wouldn't expect much difference with the round winners either. Maybe I'm missing something but what are the benefits of this system and why is it better than the current?

I wouldn't expect much difference with the round winners either. Maybe I'm missing something but what are the benefits of this system and why is it better than the current?

If I'm understanding the concept correctly, it wouldn't replace the current system  Flag prizes would still be awarded based on current criteria whereas other bonuses would be applicable in SE (or, if the winner is not active in SE) redeemable for swag in the CN store.

If I'm understanding the concept correctly, it wouldn't replace the current system  Flag prizes would still be awarded based on current criteria whereas other bonuses would be applicable in SE (or, if the winner is not active in SE) redeemable for swag in the CN store.

Any rewards derived from TE which have an effect on SE: a  very bad idea.

Such a system would provide an inordinate advantage for the small percentage of the SE nations who participate in TE.:

ultimately resulting in a reduction of SE nations to the overall detriment of the game.

Edited by ARCHEIN

The OP idea is a different system from the current as it uses and adds multiple categories that vary from ns, total destruction, casualties and whatever else to make up points for prize winners. The current rewards of having the highest NS alone may not give you the most points and the prize but I'd assume the top builders that frequently and currently win would still win the prizes so why change something if it improves nothing.

The OP idea is a different system from the current as it uses and adds multiple categories that vary from ns, total destruction, casualties and whatever else to make up points for prize winners. The current rewards of having the highest NS alone may not give you the most points and the prize but I'd assume the top builders that frequently and currently win would still win the prizes so why change something if it improves nothing.

Then who should win?

Then who should win?

The top builders will likely win but I'm trying to find the benefits of the suggested changes. The only change I've identified is the different method of counting the numbers but the usual winners will take the prize so it doesn't change anything. Maybe I'm missing something but this is why I've posted questions regarding your proposal. I'd like a explanation about why this idea will be better than the current.

Such a system would provide an inordinate advantage for the small percentage of the SE nations who participate in TE.:

ultimately resulting in a reduction of SE nations to the overall detriment of the game.

Actually, it would encourage SE nations to participate in TE.  Entire alliances, even.  At some point TE participation will fall to low enough levels that admin may have to answer the question "is this worth keeping around?" and those of us who love TE might not like the decision he arrives at.  This would do nothing to reduce the number of SE nations - if anything, it'd be an added incentive to play the game and increase SE nation count.  This is especially true of smaller nations who would otherwise have to play for months or even years to gain advanced capabilities.

One of the best ways to increase participation and interest is to give the userbase options, and that's what I'm suggesting here.

As someone who I feel can have a meaningful opinion on this - I don't agree.

Amen.

As someone who I feel can have a meaningful opinion on this - I don't agree.

Yeah, its really hard to see how someone would play SE and care so much about a small advantage gained from playing TE that they would then delete from SE instead of also do TE.

Then again, I don't pretend to understand some people so maybe they will.