Thunder Ball

[i]Dearest Esteemed Leader[/i]

We are dispatching this invitation to you and a delegation of your choice, to attend a gala affair in the Stormlands, and we certainly hope to bring every nation from every corner of the globe to our humble shores for this event. We shall be holding this social gathering on the famed Isla Margarita, gem of the Caribbean, one of the most vaunted destinations within our borders, at a private retreat reserved only for government functions. Amble through the surf and sand while enjoying a strong drink, and most importantly, enjoy a bout of talk with fellow world leaders, while also being able to put up your feet!

Join together with the High Council of the Stormlands while we celebrate the independence and sovereignty of the Stormlands, and introduce it to the world at large. We welcome every sovereign nation to be in attendance in some form or fashion, and look forward to enjoying visitors from every corner of our small world.

With the highest regards,

[i]Rafael Sha'am[/i]

[b]Lord Protector of the Hall of Righteousness[/b]

playas6.jpg

This would be the enclosed invitation dispatched by private courier to the residence of the head of state of every nation across the globe, hand written with a flourish by the Lord Protector of the Stormlands himself. Further details could be inquired about, including lodging and security, which would be handily provided by the Stormlands' government. Security measures would be tight and restrictions on weapons and certain security hazards would have to be taken into account by all guests.

The airport on Isla Margarita would be prepared for arrival of international delegations, especially for plane parking on the tarmac, which was a bit of a premium at the smaller airport.

Upon receiving the invitation in Dublin, Grand Chancellor Leonardo Kennedy decided to send Sen. Nathanael Spear, Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Relations to the event. This would be his 2nd oversees trip and he was ecstatic to learn he had been chosen to represent his country in the new Stormlands. In Ireland he is considered a strong contender for the Foreign Minister post, which will become vacant next year upon Foreign Minister Kendal Mayers expected retirement.

The Senator would land at the airport on Isla Margarita, and descend the air stairs.

Edited by lkfht

Upon exiting the aircraft, the Irishman would find himself in the hot humidity of the Caribbean, that was only being tempered with a very slight sea breeze that was blowing in from the crystal clear waters that could be seen from the top of the air stairs. At the bottom of the air stairs, a small group of individuals had assembled to greet Spear with polite smiles on their faces, surprisingly wearing pure white togas that terminated at their ankles, where sturdy strapped sandals could be seen on their feet, their outfits shifting gently in the breeze. Sashes with the national flag of the Stormlands adorning them crossed their chests, and a pure silver pin glinted in the sunlight, where the sash ends connected around their shoulders.

The man at the head of the people at the bottom of the air stairs appeared quite diminutive in stature, but had a hawk like nose and intense blue eyes, that looked directly into Spear's as he stepped down the stairs.

"Honorable Mr. Spear, welcome to the Stormlands, it's an honor to make your acquaintance and to have you here," stated the man, bring his fist up to his chest and bowing his head as per custom. "I am Taman Volcer, Executor of the Exterior for the High Council of the Stormlands. I trust your flight in was without incident?"

Mad Dog Bob Denard staggered off the plane in full glory of a 83 year old man who is suffering from jet lag and a massive hang over. In his pocket is a signed dispensation absolving him of any and all unruly behavior at this one specific event. With him is his son, Major General J. Denard, recently returned from Legion's glorious and devestating victory over the savages of Sierra Leone. Accompanying the Major General, are two of his former comrades who have so recently relocated to South America to open a business, Marcus Reynolds and Cyrus Beckwith. The two young men are well tanned and dressed with the finest of suits from their personal tailor's Maurice and Chauncey.

Before they depart the plane, Mad Dog looks over the three younger men and asks, "Why couldn't we arrive by parachute?"

"Mrs. Dillion said that if we allowed you to jump out of a plane she would personally have us beaten till we couldn't walk," replied the Major General.

"She would say that wouldn't she. Very well, we are in South America, let us partake in the flesh pots!" Denard orders as he departs the plane.

"Can he even get it up at 83?" Cyrus asked Markus.

"Did you see the way Charlotte was limping this morning when she left the old goat's room?" asked Markus.

"Gentlemen, it is time to get off the plane. You two lazy gits moved a lot faster when the Shefflen were shooting your company to pieces and help was two blocks away and badly stalled due to incoming fire. Besides, you might have seen the hooker, I had to hear it all damn night long," The Major General grumbled as he made his way down the aisle and to the refreshing South American sunlight.

Upon receiving the invitation, the Prince and Princess debated for a time who would attend, or whether both would. Then, however, came an invitation to another meeting entirely which the Princess argued the Prince should go to.

It was thus that the Princess would come to the Stormlands for the ball, accompanied by an entourage and six of her personal guard, the female half of the Ba’ate’xiib. Only one of them would accompany her to the ball however, as Stormlands' security was likely good enough. The others and her entourage would simply wait at the accommodations given to the Tikalese delegation by Stormlands' government.

The entourage would arrive one day before the gala proper began, in order to get settled in and be well-rested for the event. Quietly, the Princess wondered whether there would be any surprises or interesting events waiting at the ball.

"It's an honor to have Legion grace us with its presence!" called out Taman Volcer, when Mad Dog Denard made an appearance at the top of the air stairs, the old Legionnaire and his cohorts treated to the delights of the Caribbean, albeit from afar. The tarmac of Isla Margarita's airport wasn't exactly a paradise found, but waving palms and white sands could be glimpsed at the edge of the tarmac, across the runways, the Caribbean sparkling in the sun. The toga-wearing Stormlands official at the bottom of the stairs brought his fist to his chest, and bowed his head in a show of respect, before offering a hand to the old Legionnaire, and his other associates as they came down. Taman's strong voice didn't seem to match his rather diminutive size, but his intense eyes offered a sense of strength all their own.

"Taman Volcer, Executor of the Exterior, its a pleasure that you decided to attend. Might I present you and your cohorts to Serene Hightower, the Protectoress of the People's Will, and member of the High Council," Taman stated, offering an introduction to a middle-aged woman, also dressed in a pure white toga and sporting a friendly smile. She was taller than Taman and seemed to sport an elegant necklace, along with a silver medallion that held the sash in the colors of the Stormlands' flag across her chest, the silver medallion sporting an upraised fist in the air, denoting her stature in the High Council.

"Its an honor," she remarked, offering the same salute that Taman did, whilst offering a handshake to the assembled Legionnaires.

"Sister Serene shall be your cohort during our little drive to the retreat, which is on the islands' northern shore, wonderful place," noted Taman, nodding curtly with a polite smile.

"I'd very much like to hear about Legion's dealings in this African conflict and what's next for your nation. A number of members have high regard for your proactive approach to your continents' affairs," stated Serene, with a genuinely interested smile on her face.

---

Guests who arrived a day before the festivities began were spared the meeting on the tarmac, allowing them to settle into their accommodations overnight before the gala began, the Stormlands government giving them their space until the next day. This hands-off policy did not, however, mean that any guest that arrived beforehand was not properly kept secure, with plain clothes security magistrates and officers keeping tabs on them from a safe distance. The chance of any incident happening was slim to even none, but the measures were taken with abject safety in mind, but without worrying the guests in any way. Notice had been given that security would be covertly provided to those who arrived early, so there was no confusion over the presence of some watching eyes.

This policy was no different for the protection of the Princess of Tikal, who would receive an official courier of the Stormlands' High Council late in the morning of the day the gala began, advising her and her small delegation that they would be expected in the lobby a little before departure time for the resort on the north shore of Isla Margarita.

When that appropriated time came, what she would find in the lobby would be the Lord Protector Rafael Sha'am, a fist to his heart and head bowed when she approached. The relatively young head of state holding an even stare with her as she approached, his eyes showing a certain hardness to them, his toga pure white with a gold medallion holding the sash with the Stormlands' flag emblazoned on it across his chest. The rest of his own small group of associates in a similar respective stance. "Your grace, its an honor to make your acquaintance, Rafael Sha'am, Lord Protector of the Stormlands," he said, with a smile on his face, before offering a hand to her.

Guests who arrived a day before the festivities began were spared the meeting on the tarmac, allowing them to settle into their accommodations overnight before the gala began, the Stormlands government giving them their space until the next day. This hands-off policy did not, however, mean that any guest that arrived beforehand was not properly kept secure, with plain clothes security magistrates and officers keeping tabs on them from a safe distance. The chance of any incident happening was slim to even none, but the measures were taken with abject safety in mind, but without worrying the guests in any way. Notice had been given that security would be covertly provided to those who arrived early, so there was no confusion over the presence of some watching eyes.

This policy was no different for the protection of the Princess of Tikal, who would receive an official courier of the Stormlands' High Council late in the morning of the day the gala began, advising her and her small delegation that they would be expected in the lobby a little before departure time for the resort on the north shore of Isla Margarita.

When that appropriated time came, what she would find in the lobby would be the Lord Protector Rafael Sha'am, a fist to his heart and head bowed when she approached. The relatively young head of state holding an even stare with her as she approached, his eyes showing a certain hardness to them, his toga pure white with a gold medallion holding the sash with the Stormlands' flag emblazoned on it across his chest. The rest of his own small group of associates in a similar respective stance. "Your grace, its an honor to make your acquaintance, Rafael Sha'am, Lord Protector of the Stormlands," he said, with a smile on his face, before offering a hand to her.

The Princess indeed received the missive from the courier in the morning, having received the message personally while some maids were preparing other things to begin the day properly.

Later she walked into the lobby, flanked by two maids in traditional garb, and one of her personal Guard - who had, per regulations for the gala, left her weapons with the others. With Sha'am standing right in sight, the Princess of course steered directly towards him. However, she only shook his hand briefly. After breaking the handshake, she cupped her hands, placing the right in the left; she had decided to greet him properly as Head of State as tradition demanded. "In lakech ala kin, Lord Protector ichil Stormlands. It is an honour being greeted by you personally. I am very much looking forward to the gala."

Upon exiting the aircraft, the Irishman would find himself in the hot humidity of the Caribbean, that was only being tempered with a very slight sea breeze that was blowing in from the crystal clear waters that could be seen from the top of the air stairs. At the bottom of the air stairs, a small group of individuals had assembled to greet Spear with polite smiles on their faces, surprisingly wearing pure white togas that terminated at their ankles, where sturdy strapped sandals could be seen on their feet, their outfits shifting gently in the breeze. Sashes with the national flag of the Stormlands adorning them crossed their chests, and a pure silver pin glinted in the sunlight, where the sash ends connected around their shoulders.

The man at the head of the people at the bottom of the air stairs appeared quite diminutive in stature, but had a hawk like nose and intense blue eyes, that looked directly into Spear's as he stepped down the stairs.

"Honorable Mr. Spear, welcome to the Stormlands, it's an honor to make your acquaintance and to have you here," stated the man, bring his fist up to his chest and bowing his head as per custom. "I am Taman Volcer, Executor of the Exterior for the High Council of the Stormlands. I trust your flight in was without incident?"

After walking down the air stairs, he walked over to greet the Executor of the Exterior.

"Yes it was. It is an honor to meet you mister Taman Volcer. I hope in the near future our two countries may grow fruitful relations."

After Sen. Spear finished, he and his small staff would take a car to their hotel to freshen up before the gala.

"It's an honor to have Legion grace us with its presence!" called out Taman Volcer, when Mad Dog Denard made an appearance at the top of the air stairs, the old Legionnaire and his cohorts treated to the delights of the Caribbean, albeit from afar. The tarmac of Isla Margarita's airport wasn't exactly a paradise found, but waving palms and white sands could be glimpsed at the edge of the tarmac, across the runways, the Caribbean sparkling in the sun. The toga-wearing Stormlands official at the bottom of the stairs brought his fist to his chest, and bowed his head in a show of respect, before offering a hand to the old Legionnaire, and his other associates as they came down. Taman's strong voice didn't seem to match his rather diminutive size, but his intense eyes offered a sense of strength all their own.

"Taman Volcer, Executor of the Exterior, its a pleasure that you decided to attend. Might I present you and your cohorts to Serene Hightower, the Protectoress of the People's Will, and member of the High Council," Taman stated, offering an introduction to a middle-aged woman, also dressed in a pure white toga and sporting a friendly smile. She was taller than Taman and seemed to sport an elegant necklace, along with a silver medallion that held the sash in the colors of the Stormlands' flag across her chest, the silver medallion sporting an upraised fist in the air, denoting her stature in the High Council.

"Its an honor," she remarked, offering the same salute that Taman did, whilst offering a handshake to the assembled Legionnaires.

"Sister Serene shall be your cohort during our little drive to the retreat, which is on the islands' northern shore, wonderful place," noted Taman, nodding curtly with a polite smile.

"I'd very much like to hear about Legion's dealings in this African conflict and what's next for your nation. A number of members have high regard for your proactive approach to your continents' affairs," stated Serene, with a genuinely interested smile on her face.

---

The officials of Stormland would find that the Legionnaires were all unarmed, with the exception of a set of ceremonial swords. The word is quietly passed from the Major General that the swords ought to be locked up in a proper locker until needed for the purpose of being distributed to the host nation officials and other important guests as small token of Legion's esteem. The Major General pointedly opens the carrying cases and demonstrates they are empty of all devices and items other than the swords they are designed to carry. He also quietly arranges to have the bags that carry their things and the plane they arrived in inspected.

Once completed he says to the inspecting officials, "Thank you gentlemen for your time and tact. If you will give me a list of the men here today, I intend to forward a note of thanks to your superior officers commending all of you for your attention to detail and diplomacy."

-----------

"I can now die a happy man after seeing something as delightful as you," Denard replies as he speaks to Taman. Rather than layer it on too thickly he says, "Any and all questions will be answered, my son the fellow over there with all the stripes and ribbons is the one to ask. I am going to rest my tired aching bones in the limo." He bows slightly, whispers a naughty joke in Serene's ear, and takes a seat in the plush luxury vehicle.

"I will happily answer any questions you or your government might have regarding recent events in Africa. My father despite his contrary nature, will answer questions as well once he has a few fingers of Wild Turkey. If you don't mind, I will remain here at the plane and then follow the rest to the event. I have a few small details to attend to with your customs officials," the Major General says as he shakes Taman's hand, whispers an apology to Serene, and then quickly gets to work on those few small details.

Cyrus and Markus both politely shake Taman's hand, pointedly try not to offend/amuse Serene any further, and get in the limo. Once seated they both turn to Mad Dog and ask, "What did you whisper to Serene?"

Mad Dog serenely replies, "I told her the joke about the three Legionnaires who spend a night in a farmer's barn."

Both Cyrus and Markus look at each other, quietly shut the doors to the limo, and explode into laughter.

--------------------

Once all the men are reunited, they put on a set of light tropical clothing that is suitable for a formal event. Properly attired they relocate themselves to the party, get a drink, and claim a table. Once they've commenced the consumption of adult beverages, the issue then becomes who should be the one who goes and thanks the host of the part for the invitation. A quick decision is made by Mad Dog who says, "Bunch of damn pansies!" as he stands and goes to get in line to speak with the host and thank them for inviting them.

"Awesome, that will keep him out of trouble for at least an hour, gentlemen, prepare to karoke!" orders the Major General as the other two men groan.

President Marston would attend the party himself and arrived in Air Force One along with aides, diplomatic and security personnel.  Additional Air Force transports would fly in additional security equipment and vehicles ahead of the President's arrival.  After arriving the Commonwealth delegation would proceed to whatever accommodations the Stormland's government had arranged and settle in before the main festivities.

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman, technically the representative to the incredibly inactive Order of Island Nations, had plenty of free time to accept the invitation on behalf of the Diarchy, and would arrive via private aircraft.

Being from Bahrain, the man was used to heat, but not the terrible combination of heat and humidity that came with the Isla Margarita. He would quickly retreat to whatever air-conditioned portion of the resort was available.

Elfrieda Killa, the Cape City Foreign Affairs Minister would be sent with a small delegation, including the drunken brat Ariana. Elfrieda had no idea why she was always sent on diplomatic missions, but the corporate side of the government had essentially forced the celeb onto the minister. their delegation would arrive by private jet, Elfrieda spent the time refreshing herself on the possible delegations being sent to the gala, Ariana spent the time playing on her cell phone watching movies and generally just entertaining herself.

Upon arrival, they'd make their way to the accommodations provided, the area of similar climate to the one their own city, merely with more humidity.

Lady Elenor Mariselle was chosen by the new Gabon government to be their representative at the social event in the Stormlands. Part of the reason she wa sbeing sent was that it was to be a test of her capabilities as a diplomat and if she succeeded then she would be made the official foreign affairs consultant for Gabon. Arriving in a private jet which landed at the airport on Isla Margarita she would travel to the site of the social function and would travel to the accomadations provided ready to meet and mingle with the other guests and the host. 

The Princess indeed received the missive from the courier in the morning, having received the message personally while some maids were preparing other things to begin the day properly.

Later she walked into the lobby, flanked by two maids in traditional garb, and one of her personal Guard - who had, per regulations for the gala, left her weapons with the others. With Sha'am standing right in sight, the Princess of course steered directly towards him. However, she only shook his hand briefly. After breaking the handshake, she cupped her hands, placing the right in the left; she had decided to greet him properly as Head of State as tradition demanded. "In lakech ala kin, Lord Protector ichil Stormlands. It is an honour being greeted by you personally. I am very much looking forward to the gala."

"It is an honor, your grace, to be even greeting you," nodded Rafael, with a genuine smile on his face after their hands parted, and she addressed him formally. "I thought it prudent that our most closest of neighbors, and indeed one of the first nations to recognize our sovereignty, deserves an extra personal touch. It would be a pleasure if I could escort you to the resort personally, as such."

He turned sideways and beckoned for her, and her small entourage to follow him out of their hotel and into the oppressive heat of the midday, a small convoy of vehicles, pure white, were waiting for them. An aide stepped forward to open the door for the small group, and bowed steeply as they approached.

"I can now die a happy man after seeing something as delightful as you," Denard replies as he speaks to Taman. Rather than layer it on too thickly he says, "Any and all questions will be answered, my son the fellow over there with all the stripes and ribbons is the one to ask. I am going to rest my tired aching bones in the limo." He bows slightly, whispers a naughty joke in Serene's ear, and takes a seat in the plush luxury vehicle.

"I will happily answer any questions you or your government might have regarding recent events in Africa. My father despite his contrary nature, will answer questions as well once he has a few fingers of Wild Turkey. If you don't mind, I will remain here at the plane and then follow the rest to the event. I have a few small details to attend to with your customs officials," the Major General says as he shakes Taman's hand, whispers an apology to Serene, and then quickly gets to work on those few small details.

Cyrus and Markus both politely shake Taman's hand, pointedly try not to offend/amuse Serene any further, and get in the limo. Once seated they both turn to Mad Dog and ask, "What did you whisper to Serene?"

Mad Dog serenely replies, "I told her the joke about the three Legionnaires who spend a night in a farmer's barn."

Both Cyrus and Markus look at each other, quietly shut the doors to the limo, and explode into laughter.

"Thank you for your kind words, I look forward to speaking with him, and your delegates more," nodded Taman, when he and Denard's son exchange pleasantries. When the other legionnaires mounted up, and the Major General stepped away to deal with a few remaining issues that needed seeing to, Taman turned to Serene.

"What was that about exactly?" he asked, looking at the perplexed Protectoress, who seemed to still be in good spirits, despite Denards' joke.

"Something about three legionnaires in a farmers barn, the farmers' wife, a donkey, and a pinata," she responded, making Taman raise an eyebrow.

---

6081-Ballet-Gala-130124-535x356.jpg

With guests assembling in the main atrium of the resort, light refreshments and drinks would be made available, as time was given for all, from near and afar to get a chance to get settled before the gala officially got underway. Light music played in the background, whilst officials, mostly from the High Council, would filter into the room lazily, some talking amongst themselves. Others would actively greet with the delegations, and provide them with introductions to themselves. The soft tapping at the top of a marble staircase would echo loudly throughout the room, whilst the lights dimmed and more light was given to the figure on the stairs, Rafael Sha'am bringing his fist to his chest and bowing his head gently.

"I must say, by the grace of Dahromo, that it is a pleasure to have all of you gathered here at the Northwoods Retreat, and that have decided to join us for this gala affair. This is not only our first official formal gathering for foreign dignitaries, but our first formal foray into diplomatic exchange, and we will not squander this affair, and we hope that everyone takes the time to talk to all who have assembled here. We come from nations near and far, from different continents, some nations near ancient, others, including ours, quite new.

What is important, however, is our sovereignty, we can bask in the glow that we all have nations that we can call our own, that have little unique touches that make us different from one another. It is these details that give us all different qualities, but we can all come back to the simple fact that we share that same trait, because we have our sovereignty. We had the courage and fortitude to assemble our respective nations and bind them under one flag, one government, to provide peace and protection for our assorted peoples, to provide them the means to defend their freedoms and interests, and to promote harmony and stability within our respective regions.

I bring you here today as your esteemed host, gathering all of you who decided to join us, together, to celebrate our own sovereignty, our own expression of new governance here in the Stormlands. This is not only a time of celebration, but maybe even for some of you, a time of reflection, as you may remember when your own nation gained its sovereignty, and what it has meant to you since. I welcome you to share those moments of reflection as the day wears on, and I look forward to meeting with each and every one of you as time passes. Most importantly, the bar is well stocked, the sun is shining bright, there is a stiff sea breeze coming in that is cooling off the beach, feel free to roam and enjoy the delights of the Northwoods Retreat.

I am Rafael Sha'am, Lord Protector of the Stormlands, and I hereby welcome you, officially, to the Stormlands' Sovereignty Gala, thank you so much for joining us again," he said, clasping his hands together, and smiling wide, before slowly descending the steps into the gathered group of delegates. The lights would go up again, and bartenders began earnestly calling out for those who wanted to find something stiff to drink.

"It is an honor, your grace, to be even greeting you," nodded Rafael, with a genuine smile on his face after their hands parted, and she addressed him formally. "I thought it prudent that our most closest of neighbors, and indeed one of the first nations to recognize our sovereignty, deserves an extra personal touch. It would be a pleasure if I could escort you to the resort personally, as such."

He turned sideways and beckoned for her, and her small entourage to follow him out of their hotel and into the oppressive heat of the midday, a small convoy of vehicles, pure white, were waiting for them. An aide stepped forward to open the door for the small group, and bowed steeply as they approached.

"I am most grateful, Lord Protector. I very much appreciate your offer of personally escorting me, and I do accept, if you do not have other duties to attend to."

The temperatures were nothing the Princess wasn't used to, Tikal itself being tropical along the coasts. The air conditioning in the vehicles was appreciated nevertheless, and so the small convoy would bring the Princess, her entourage and the Lord Protector to the Gala's location in due time.

The gala itself, once it had started and the speech by Sha'am concluded, was an interesting affair, the first such occasion on foreign soil for the Princess. There were of course balls and the like in Tikal, but they were rather more subdued affairs, with visibly less pomp and extravagance.

The Princess for her part would move towards the bar, getting herself a non-alcoholic drink, for the time being content to watch the other dignitaries go about their work. She had no real plans to approach anyone. There were only two persons of interest in her eyes. The first, President Marston of the American Commonwealth, the nation her husband was meeting with at this time as the 'Meeting of the Americas' as it'd been called. The second, Lord Protector Sha'am himself. She was confident that he would approach her if there was anything noteworthy to speak about, so she decided to simply relax and enjoy the gala for now, watched by a Guardswoman and two maids.

Although Rafael Sha'am had gotten a slight chance to confer with Tikal's princess on the ride up to the Retreat, he felt that such neighbors deserved to confer much longer. It was for that reason he began to slowly amble that way after making his introductions and relatively short speech to the assembled crowd of delegates. Before he could make it to the Princess, he noticed that an older gentleman was on an interception course, so he stopped short of arriving at the Princess as the senior Denard arrived at his forefront.

"Mr. Denard, isn't it? I'm glad you could join us, Brother Taman tells me you enjoy, Wild Turkey is it?" he asked, accentuating the word and glancing over at a bartender who appeared to be idle. The bartender met eyes with the Lord Protector, and immediately went to work fetching a drink for the Legionnaire.

"My Exterior Administration tells me that the Legion is becoming quite proactive in its affairs in Africa, and even throughout the world. Personally, I'm a fan of proactive governance myself," he stated, as the bartender fast-walked the drink up for Denard. "Is it true you are pushing business in North America now as well?"

---

Meanwhile, various members of the High Council, namely Taman Volcer, Serene Hightower, and the newly-arrived Charak Delazzarios, the Executor for War, were milling about the bar, speaking to a few aides. They were quite approachable, and if any foreign delegate approached close to them, they'd quickly be willing to reel them into the conversation.

"Brother Taman? By golly, I could have sworn it was Sister Taman," Denard replies as he fishes his glasses out of his pocket. He puts them on and notices how those foggy vague shapes form into actual people, one of them holding a glass of Wild Turkey. He approves greatly of Wild Turkey, demonstrates his approval by helping himself to a glass, and then takes a healthy sip of it. "I wouldn't know what to tell you about North America. Back in my day we had a trade concession on the Olympic Penninsula."

Just as the Major General Denard is about to cut loose with his favorite tune, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, he notices his father motioning for his attention. He puts down the karoake machine microphone and joins his father. "Yes sir?"

"What sort of business is Legion doing in North America?" Mad Dog asks his son.

"Training, civil engineering, buying wheat, that sort of thing," the Major General replies.

"What is this about you fellows being proactive in Africa?" Denard Sr asks Denard Jr.

"Sierra Leone yes?"

"Yes."

"I think the objective was to keep major European powers out of a local regional problem. The Europeans have a long history of going places and it being very hard to get them to leave. The Council felt it would be better to act quickly to prevent further European attempts at gobbling up land and lives. So we struck both the Communists and the Imperialists and did as much as we could to force them to hold an election. Things are bumpy in Sierra Leone at the moment, but I think they will be fine," replies Denard Jr.

"Does this answer your questions sir?" Denard Sr asks Sha'am.

Conversation with Denard:

PresidentMarston:  President Marston was walking along enjoying the party chatting up other guests accompanied by a few aides and secret service agents when he ran into one of the legion attendees
PresidentMarston:  "Hello sir"
denardjr:  "Hello, nice party isn't it?" Denard Jr replied.
PresidentMarston:  "Yes it is. I'm President Marston of the American Commonwealth"
denardjr:  "I'm Major General Denard of Legion, how goes things in the American Commonwealth, quite busy I suppose with the recent round of government revivals in Canada."
PresidentMarston:  "Yes, it is an exciting time as new nations are sprouting and the people are able to realize their self determination"
denardjr:  "The right of local self-determination is something we cherish in Legion, not just for Africa, but all areas of the world."
PresidentMarston:  "Legion seems to be one of the more fortunate recent developments on the African continent. Such a nation hasn't been around since South Africa collapsed a long time ago".
denardjr:  "Thank you, Legion is a curious entity. We exist to serve, exist to fight, and exist to conduct business. It certainly makes things lively. I suppose you know we are conducting business in Kanadario and the Free States?"
PresidentMarston:  "Yes, Legion does seem a bit of an unorthodox entity but it seems to work well. As for its recent activity in the new Canadian nations it seems harmless enough and business is business so long as its legal".
denardjr:  "What Legion offers is a strictly business only transaction. When we get hired to exert force or train troops, it is just a job. In Canada, they benefit by getting high quality training, without having to sign treaties, or give away territory. Though there was some talk of Legion gaining a trade concession in the Free States, the Council of 13 is hesitant to pursue this project out of not wanting to seem as if Legion is plant
denardjr:all over the world. Instead we plan on working with the Free State to create a special economic zone and develop it for the benefit of our Legion investors and the Free States."
PresidentMarston:  "I suppose that is all and well good. A healthy economy is an important component in maintaining long term stability".
denardjr:  "Very much so, I definitely agree with you on that. I think in the case of your former Canadian provinces, should intelligence regarding local instability fall into Legion ears, it most likely could well find its way to yours."
PresidentMarston:  "Well thank you for that, although I'd hope these nations will remain for some time to come. The rapid rise and fall of these Canadian nations has grown rather tedious. Somehow it even almost led to conflict when Japan saw fit to weasel its way in".
denardjr:  "Japan concerned my government as well. Their alarming moves demonstrated a sort of sick man of Asia persona that seemed to be only cured by the acquiring of more territory. I think my father, that fellow over there trying to juggle pineapples, might need my attention. I leave you with this thought, should the time come that the American Commonwealth would like to do business with Legion, mention my name and things ought to move things along all the quicker.
PresidentMarston:  "That sounds fine to me. The American Commonwealth has not held significant relations with any African nation since South Africa. Hopefully that is something we can remedy".
denardjr:  "I think it would be desired by the government of Legion, enjoy the party, I need to go strangle my father," Denard Jr replies as he hurries off to prevent an international incident.

Lady Mariselle would approach Taman Volcer in the hopes of opening a line of conversation with him, though nervous Elenor found that she was not shaking as badly as she thought and she thought to keep a grin of her face. If her father, an old soldier not past his prime, could see her standing tall in her business dress with her lightly golden hair falling down her back he would be proud even if he hated diplomacy. Coming up to Mr Volcer Elenor gave him a welcoming smile and a short bow before speaking.

"Mr Volcer isn't it? It is a pleasure to meet you" she said before continuing. "My name is Lady Elenor Mariselle here representating the nation of Gabon". 

Ariana needed no further cues to begin the partying, quickly going up to get a vodka and cranberry she saw one of the guests looking bored by herself, she looked of similar age and had the most incredible blue eyes, Ariana walked over to introduce herself "Oh my god, I love your hair! these things are usually so boring, what country are you from? I'm Ariana, I am representing Cape City I think? at least they give me free drinks and food though!" she smiled and hugged her new friend tightly "I feel like we're going to be best friends! I never get to meet anyone fun at these things, everyone is always old and wants to talk about boring stuff."

"Brother Taman? By golly, I could have sworn it was Sister Taman," Denard replies as he fishes his glasses out of his pocket. He puts them on and notices how those foggy vague shapes form into actual people, one of them holding a glass of Wild Turkey. He approves greatly of Wild Turkey, demonstrates his approval by helping himself to a glass, and then takes a healthy sip of it. "I wouldn't know what to tell you about North America. Back in my day we had a trade concession on the Olympic Penninsula."

Just as the Major General Denard is about to cut loose with his favorite tune, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, he notices his father motioning for his attention. He puts down the karoake machine microphone and joins his father. "Yes sir?"

"What sort of business is Legion doing in North America?" Mad Dog asks his son.

"Training, civil engineering, buying wheat, that sort of thing," the Major General replies.

"What is this about you fellows being proactive in Africa?" Denard Sr asks Denard Jr.

"Sierra Leone yes?"

"Yes."

"I think the objective was to keep major European powers out of a local regional problem. The Europeans have a long history of going places and it being very hard to get them to leave. The Council felt it would be better to act quickly to prevent further European attempts at gobbling up land and lives. So we struck both the Communists and the Imperialists and did as much as we could to force them to hold an election. Things are bumpy in Sierra Leone at the moment, but I think they will be fine," replies Denard Jr.

"Does this answer your questions sir?" Denard Sr asks Sha'am.

Rafael seemed to quietly chuckle at Denard Senior's cracks at Taman, a little amused at the Legionnaires' boisterous attitude. He offered a hand to the arrived Denard Junior who promptly addressed the Lord Protector's questions.

"Well, its good to see Legion involved in nation-building in North America, of course I'm sure there are some economic interests involved, for sure, but its surely helping out the local governments get things sorted. I might have to take a leaf from your book and apply it in South America if we see another new state arise in the region," chuckled Rafael, quickly snapping the other tumbler of Wild Turkey from the platter quickly, and taking a sip from it.

"Personally, I think that the United Nations was very caught up with itself, with internal politics stopping progress from getting done in Sierra Leone. Being privy to the transcripts of the discussions from the Security Council on the matter, it was sadly deadlocked, such inaction can be detrimental, how many civilians could have been spared with such deadlock," he continued. "It's quite constructive to see that proactive attitude taken by a African state, especially when there has been much inaction on the continent as of late."

Lady Mariselle would approach Taman Volcer in the hopes of opening a line of conversation with him, though nervous Elenor found that she was not shaking as badly as she thought and she thought to keep a grin of her face. If her father, an old soldier not past his prime, could see her standing tall in her business dress with her lightly golden hair falling down her back he would be proud even if he hated diplomacy. Coming up to Mr Volcer Elenor gave him a welcoming smile and a short bow before speaking.

"Mr Volcer isn't it? It is a pleasure to meet you" she said before continuing. "My name is Lady Elenor Mariselle here representating the nation of Gabon". 

Taman Volcer was retrieving a bottle of locally-brewed beer from the bar when Lady Mariselle approached him, and when she offered him a short bow, he would return one of his own. He brought his fist to his chest and bowed his head curtly, with a smile on his face. He was probably a little shorter than her, but it still didn't effect his demeanor when he addressed her.

"You found him," he initially said, to her query.

"Its an honor to make your acquaintance Lady Mariselle, on behalf of the Stormlands, I personally thank you for attending our little gathering here," he nodded, with a smile, that lit up his intense blue eyes a smidgeon. "Tell me, how does Gabon fare these days? There is much news out of Sierra Leone, and the Legion is quite active, but the other nations of Africa seem to be rather quiet."

Taman Volcer was retrieving a bottle of locally-brewed beer from the bar when Lady Mariselle approached him, and when she offered him a short bow, he would return one of his own. He brought his fist to his chest and bowed his head curtly, with a smile on his face. He was probably a little shorter than her, but it still didn't effect his demeanor when he addressed her.

"You found him," he initially said, to her query.

"Its an honor to make your acquaintance Lady Mariselle, on behalf of the Stormlands, I personally thank you for attending our little gathering here," he nodded, with a smile, that lit up his intense blue eyes a smidgeon. "Tell me, how does Gabon fare these days? There is much news out of Sierra Leone, and the Legion is quite active, but the other nations of Africa seem to be rather quiet."

Elenor found herself instantly warming to Mr Volcer and only a slight flutter of nervousness remained in her heart as she continued to talk with him. "Gabon is currently under a massive reorganization effort. The last government had a serious problem with rebels and bandits and collapsed long before they were dealt with and in addition it appeared a large number of the military were in cohorts with them. Legion managed to clear them all away and return order but the process left Gabon in a serious state of disrepair for which we are only now starting to fix".

Taking a short breather she ordered a cool glass of water with some ice before continuing. "In part that is why I am here rather than a full governmental representative. We currently have no one in those positions to attend and I was the next best choice. I hope this isn't deemed offensive to you and your government as none was intended".