Track Destructionas a nation stat.

Been mentioned before.  Mentioning it again.  Come next round if its not done yet, I will mention it again.

Casualty race was particularly close this round.  And is a stat that players generally compete and enjoy competing for.  Adding a nation destruction done stat, ideally like casualties (total destruction, offensive destruction, defending destruction) would be off immediate and obvious interest.

In addition, I would think linking a prize to it would make sense.  But first, it needs to exist.

For TE, it would fit on the screen nicely in that place where everyone is listed as in "war mode".  

It'd be harder to game than the current most destructive war flags. Would also reward exactly what should be rewarded - carnage, not set piece battles.

Been mentioned before.  Mentioning it again.  Come next round if its not done yet, I will mention it again.

This is not how you get your ideas implemented so no need to add the childish remark of repeating it until you get your way. The admins are competent enough to have not missed it the first time in the suggestion forums.

Anyway, I think the top ranked with most casualties deserves a reward. Everyone knows its a mile stone to achieve so why not at least give them recognition for their efforts by adding it to the game update log.

This is not how you get your ideas implemented so no need to add the childish remark of repeating it until you get your way. The admins are competent enough to have not missed it the first time in the suggestion forums.

Anyway, I think the top ranked with most casualties deserves a reward. Everyone knows its a mile stone to achieve so why not at least give them recognition for their efforts by adding it to the game update log.

Do you really need to be an ass in every thread?

Also for someone coming in here trying to explain how to suggest an idea, get the fuck out and make your own thread about bringing back the award for most casualties.  You missed it but it was an award previously.

Do you really need to be an ass in every thread?

Also for someone coming in here trying to explain how to suggest an idea, get the $%&@ out and make your own thread about bringing back the award for most casualties.  You missed it but it was an award previously.

You should look in the mirror before accusing someone else of being an ass. I have a lot of respect for the what the admins do but obviously not everyone.

You should look in the mirror before accusing someone else of being an ass. I have a lot of respect for the what the admins do but obviously not everyone.

Here we go again.

Please, criticize the idea - not the delivery.  We all know what he meant and there is absolutely no need for this childish, obsessive need you have to attack anyone who says anything sarcastic.

Now that our resident whiner has been addressed, "Most Casualties" was, in a previous round, a winning title.  What we saw were wars declared where people did everything they could to maximize casualties rather than fight a real war.  The "Most Destructive War" title was added (and this is speculation) because in order to have a truly destructive war, you can't simply focus on casualties.  Perhaps a different type of prize is in order for having the most casualties.  As hartfw mentioned, people do compete for the most casualties but aside from bragging rights it doesn't provide a prize.  I've suggested SE-side bonuses (aside from donations being applied) as prizes before but in this particular realm they seem especially appropriate - perhaps a 5% increase in battle attack strength for whomever has the most casualties in a round.  Or, as an idea that would be valid in both peacetime and during global (or just limited) wars, perhaps a 5% reduction in infrastructure cost or 100 tech credited to the victor's SE account.  If the winner is a TE only player with no SE involvement, there could perhaps be an option to build an extra improvement (say, 6 barracks instead of 5 max) or a relaxation of the requirements required for nukes.  There are many rewards possible; it is admin's job to determine what will be the most appropriate and our job to suggest these changes.

Casualty race was particularly close this round.  And is a stat that players generally compete and enjoy competing for.  Adding a nation destruction done stat, ideally like casualties (total destruction, offensive destruction, defending destruction) would be off immediate and obvious interest.

In addition, I would think linking a prize to it would make sense.  But first, it needs to exist.

For TE, it would fit on the screen nicely in that place where everyone is listed as in "war mode".  

Offensive destruction yes, defensive, unnecessary IMO. Calculating total damage done over the round is something I support. Perhaps as you mentioned in the other suggestion you refer to, This could replace Most Destructive War prizes.

So maybe prizes for the top 2 or even 3 damage dealers. Total damage done over the round. Make no mistake, that is going to be one tough prize to win, with very little room for match "fixing" as we can see with the current MDW set up. Which tbh is a joke.

Offensive destruction yes, defensive, unnecessary IMO. Calculating total damage done over the round is something I support. Perhaps as you mentioned in the other suggestion you refer to, This could replace Most Destructive War prizes.

So maybe prizes for the top 2 or even 3 damage dealers. Total damage done over the round. Make no mistake, that is going to be one tough prize to win, with very little room for match "fixing" as we can see with the current MDW set up. Which tbh is a joke.

Mostly agree, but a couple of disagreements.

Current most destructive is essentially the twin to most NS -- it requires a massive wc and skipping loses early.  In some ways it is very interesting -- you will see people trying to insert damage into those contests, spying nations not at war with them etc.  As such I think it actually adds a nice different element so the save all round for the title has 2 options to go for the title with (and most destructive doesn't have a second place like NS does, adding to the risk).

So as much as I have argued for replacing most destructive as the biggest prize -- I do think it should stay a prize.

In terms of destruction as a stat, including damage taken would make it easy to look and say things like -- "Your wars were are all cakewalks"  I think including it, and a breakdown of dealt versus received would be data people would really enjoy.

However, I'm torn on if most destruction round wide should be a prize or most destruction dealt.  On the one hand, should people really get credit for getting destroyed?  On teh other, should people really get full credit (not penalized?) for rolling people that never fight back?  I'm not sure which is better, but either would make me happy.

{Also, most casualties clearly has a level of competition that doesn't need a prize to keep going.  But I'm in favor of admin adding a 1 donation prize for it because I think it does deserve it.  Of course, its not my virtual money.}

If I could redo the prizes, I would go:

Destruction roundwide (either way) - 5

NS - 4 or 5?

2nd ns -3

Most destructive single war - 3

3rd ns - 1

casualties - 1

But mostly, I would first get Destruction in as a stat. 

I think over the course of the round the element of "all wars being cakewalks" will not have that much effect. People fighting back or not, is not going to have as huge an effect as you think imo.

Most Destructive War is a garbage prize if you are honest with yourself. Yeah you may need a WRC, but in essence the strategy is no different to flag running(in the old sense). And as such it is just another MONEY prize.

I think over the course of the round the element of "all wars being cakewalks" will not have that much effect. People fighting back or not, is not going to have as huge an effect as you think imo.

Most Destructive War is a garbage prize if you are honest with yourself. Yeah you may need a WRC, but in essence the strategy is no different to flag running(in the old sense). And as such it is just another MONEY prize.

Mostly agree, but a couple of disagreements.

Current most destructive is essentially the twin to most NS -- it requires a massive wc and skipping loses early.  In some ways it is very interesting -- you will see people trying to insert damage into those contests, spying nations not at war with them etc.  As such I think it actually adds a nice different element so the save all round for the title has 2 options to go for the title with (and most destructive doesn't have a second place like NS does, adding to the risk).

So as much as I have argued for replacing most destructive as the biggest prize -- I do think it should stay a prize.

In terms of destruction as a stat, including damage taken would make it easy to look and say things like -- "Your wars were are all cakewalks"  I think including it, and a breakdown of dealt versus received would be data people would really enjoy.

However, I'm torn on if most destruction round wide should be a prize or most destruction dealt.  On the one hand, should people really get credit for getting destroyed?  On teh other, should people really get full credit (not penalized?) for rolling people that never fight back?  I'm not sure which is better, but either would make me happy.

{Also, most casualties clearly has a level of competition that doesn't need a prize to keep going.  But I'm in favor of admin adding a 1 donation prize for it because I think it does deserve it.  Of course, its not my virtual money.}

If I could redo the prizes, I would go:

Destruction roundwide (either way) - 5

NS - 4 or 5?

2nd ns -3

Most destructive single war - 3

3rd ns - 1

casualties - 1

But mostly, I would first get Destruction in as a stat. 

I explicitly agreed that it requires the same type of set up as NS.  So, how am I not being honest?   :mellow:   I have been arguing for making destruction a bigger prize than 1 war, precisely for this reason for several rounds now.

{That said, I do think having 2 different ways to focus the 'save as much money until the end of the round goal' makes sense and adds to the strategy element. So I wouldn't entirely eliminate the most destructive war. However, I do think the prize for it is too big, and the prize for total destruction is entirely missing which is the bigger oversight.}

As I believe I've suggested many times before, I think that as an option prizes that would be valuable to an SE nation should be included.  I realize not everyone plays SE, but having it as an optioin - rather than just donations, or store credit - would probably go a long way towards bolstering TE's membership.

total destruction is literally the same thing as MDW/biggest ns, its all about saving money

Not really. Total destruction would be about fighting and rebuilding and going at it again and again.

Donations are to an SE nation of your choice, so I dont get your point Nick

I explicitly agreed that it requires the same type of set up as NS.  So, how am I not being honest?   :mellow:   I have been arguing for making destruction a bigger prize than 1 war, precisely for this reason for several rounds now.

{That said, I do think having 2 different ways to focus the 'save as much money until the end of the round goal' makes sense and adds to the strategy element. So I wouldn't entirely eliminate the most destructive war. However, I do think the prize for it is too big, and the prize for total destruction is entirely missing which is the bigger oversight.}

The way to get MDW is just the same IMO as spy slot filling, war slot filling etc etc, to a whole NEW level. Comon really? Inviting more damage onto yourself, and there are so many things which just seem wrong about it. And whats worse is it requires the same infra hugging strategy to win the NS prize, not that there is anything wrong with that, but this was supposed to be something different, and it is just more of the same.

Not really. Total destruction would be about fighting and rebuilding and going at it again and again.

Donations are to an SE nation of your choice, so I dont get your point Nick

True, but a huge amount of nations have reached peak wonder development and, aside from e-peen, have nothing else to do but buy more infra and do tech deals.  Having additional options to expand their nations' capabilities (everything from commonly-suggested things like lv. 10 planes all the way up to chemical and biological weapons or new wonders ONLY accessible through TE participation) would be good for both.

Casualty race was particularly close this round.  And is a stat that players generally compete and enjoy competing for.

Your comment above states your talking about the casualty race so I just added my opinion on it. Its not entirely off topic since you bought it up in the original post but I can leave it at that if you can.

Here we go again.

Please, criticize the idea - not the delivery.  We all know what he meant and there is absolutely no need for this childish, obsessive need you have to attack anyone who says anything sarcastic.

It was the idea of making repeat threads that I was criticizing, the OP isn't being sarcastic and is serious about posting the same idea over and over and you'd know this if you'd payed more attention as the OP clearly stated.

Also, I didn't want to have to explain it more as its off topic but since your not familiar with it, I'll explain it for you. The rules state you can't make new threads about the same topic and they can only be revived if your adding new content to the original topic. Repeat threads only annoy the admins which is all I was pointing out why it wont help the suggested idea get implemented. My mistake for trying to give my advice to help a proposal get more support.

Anyway, I know its hard for you but do try not to resort to your usual antics of derailing threads with your personal attacks at me. The least I'm sure your capable of doing is to stay on topic.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Eh, jumping from me saying I will mention it again to I will spam new topics is kinda a dumb leap imo.  If you really decided that was an issue though, you could have gone and done what you would be supposed to do about it, instead of just derailing and coming off the way you did.

In terms of the topic, I feel the discussion of just getting the stat in the game is worth being separate from the (more complicated) discussion of what the prizes should be.

Eh, jumping from me saying I will mention it again to I will spam new topics is kinda a dumb leap imo.  If you really decided that was an issue though, you could have gone and done what you would be supposed to do about it, instead of just derailing and coming off the way you did.

In terms of the topic, I feel the discussion of just getting the stat in the game is worth being separate from the (more complicated) discussion of what the prizes should be.

I'm not quite sure what your trying to say in your first sentence but lets not turn all this on me just because your offended that i gave you some advice. I offend many with my reason and logic so I can't help you with that and I may just do what I'm "supposed to do" if you do what your not "supposed to do" For the sake of the entire community, I know you'll make the right decision.

I'm not quite sure what your trying to say in your first sentence but lets not turn all this on me just because your offended that i gave you some advice. I offend many with my reason and logic so I can't help you with that and I may just do what I'm "suppose to do" if you do what your not "suppose to do."

Actually - this topic aside - you've made a lot of progress of staying on topic.  You should still expect me to catch you on it when you don't, though, so don't be surprised or butthurt when I do.

One of the major things about TE - as you will discover - is that things change round-to-round and just because an idea may have been floated before does not invalidate it or make it "against the rules".  Bringing up the same idea end round when admin asks for suggestions means that perhaps it may be implemented this coming round so next time look before you leap.

If you wish to discuss "derailing" without the appearance of hypocrisy please send me a private message.  Attempting to "get the last word in" publicly will only reverse what respect you have begun to gain back around here and that is all the more I have to say to you.

Actually - this topic aside - you've made a lot of progress of staying on topic.  You should still expect me to catch you on it when you don't, though, so don't be surprised or butthurt when I do.

One of the major things about TE - as you will discover - is that things change round-to-round and just because an idea may have been floated before does not invalidate it or make it "against the rules".  Bringing up the same idea end round when admin asks for suggestions means that perhaps it may be implemented this coming round so next time look before you leap.

If you wish to discuss "derailing" without the appearance of hypocrisy please send me a private message.  Attempting to "get the last word in" publicly will only reverse what respect you have begun to gain back around here and that is all the more I have to say to you.

You'd be surprised at how many get away with flame baiting.

And are you talking when I make butthurt like this?

While your always accusing me of hijacking threads, no one is stopping you from reporting it to the appropriate forums so at least your accusations can be judged by the moderation staff and have credibility if I'm warned about it. I'll accept I derailed or violated a rule if an admin also agrees with you but not your constant bs you throw at me the first chance you get everywhere I post comments you don't like.

And did you really have to try and e-lawyer the official CN rules I already stated and try to escalate that discussion into a direction that is really meaningless. Its almost like you enjoy staying off topic.

I can't say gaining cyber respect is high on my agenda but what ever floats your boat. It really is astonishing the amount of times you go off topic in a single post while accusing me of doing the same. I like how you throw the word "hypocrisy" around a lot.