Round 30

I personally like the 60 day rounds with 5 day wonder intervals... the only thing I would change would be (surprise surprise) NEW RESOURCES.  perhaps a wonder that makes them available?  After all, SE side we have Moon/Mars wonders that do exactly that...

Cyber Nations Tournament Edition round 30 will begin on Wednesday April 9th.
Server Time: 4/9/2014 12:36:18 AM

Am I missing something?

Edited by StevieG

B-)

Sorry, but I can not see the TE 30's starting page... at all!   :o  

OK.... I see it now...!    Lol!

Edited by HDSupreme

• 1 month later...

CN:TE Round 30 has started. I've changed the prizes offered. We're keeping the 60 day round and startup money from last round.

Most Infrastructure The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Infrastructure record(the most infrastructure ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

Most Soldiers The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Soldiers record (the most soldiers ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

Most Money Spent The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Money Spent record(the most money spent ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

So I heard that this has been changed to the most infra and soldiers at the time the round last records the data and not as the rules state - (the most infrastructure ever in the round) and  (the most soldiers ever in the round)

Can you clarify if that is a miscommunication or why this was changed and never formerly announced?

Edited by TBRaiders

Most Infrastructure The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Infrastructure record(the most infrastructure ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

Most Soldiers The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Soldiers record (the most soldiers ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

Most Money Spent The player that finishes Tournament Round 30 with the Most Money Spent record(the most money spent ever in the round) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $50 and under or four $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nations Standard account. One custom flag design (approved by game administration) uploaded to Cyber Nations.

So I heard that this has been changed to the most infra and soldiers at the time the round last records the data and not as the rules state - (the most infrastructure ever in the round) and  (the most soldiers ever in the round)

Can you clarify if that is a miscommunication or why this was changed and never formerly announced?

Most ever in a round is definitely not as this is being done currently. If that was not the intention, the wording saying so is definitely wrong and unfortunate.

Most ever in a round is definitely not as this is being done currently. If that was not the intention, the wording saying so is definitely wrong and unfortunate.

The wording really isn't wrong, just that it doesn't update the record automatically like it should.

Were those the prizes from last round? If so, then someone could have easily won all three.

It was always intended to be based off the awards page so that it could be easily tracked by all players. How else would you know where you stand in most soldiers and most money spent? The awards are updated twice daily so you must have those high levels when the stats update.

Now, I understand the confusion, and I've changed the wording to state "the most infrastructure ever in the round according to the award stats" but if you feel like you got the shaft on this let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it right.

It was always intended to be based off the awards page so that it could be easily tracked by all players. How else would you know where you stand in most soldiers and most money spent? The awards are updated twice daily so you must have those high levels when the stats update.

Now, I understand the confusion, and I've changed the wording to state "the most infrastructure ever in the round according to the award stats" but if you feel like you got the shaft on this let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it right.

It would have definitely changed hartfw's strategy of buying up infra if he knew it would only count if it happened to update at the time he had it. It was really confusing because there was a live update of soldiers/infra that didn't count in the all time records in those cases.

Granted, it worked out in my favor in this case, but it should probably have clearly said that or just went with peak infra amount. Even just having it only count the infra and soldiers you have when the round ends would have been less confusing and probably fairer.

It would have definitely changed hartfw's strategy of buying up infra if he knew it would only count if it happened to update at the time he had it. It was really confusing because there was a live update of soldiers/infra that didn't count in the all time records in those cases.

Granted, it worked out in my favor in this case, but it should probably have clearly said that or just went with peak infra amount. Even just having it only count the infra and soldiers you have when the round ends would have been less confusing and probably fairer.

Granted this is true, but I do like Auctor feeling like a winner.

I think for future rounds, either it should be public knowledge when the awards page will update or it should try and capture the all time high not just those 2 times a day.  The second seems preferable, for instance I started with 73k troops and immediately deployed 65k or so to crush samwise on principle and would not have if I had known I was risking not getting credit for those troops.

Its kinda neat that spending infra and soldiers split 3 ways, but I think for future rounds prizes that can all coincide really shouldn't be the top prizes, as encouraging different directions and ideally round wide fighting (versus war chest building) is much more interesting.  (Still want round cumulative damage measured).

At the beginning of the round, I thought I read the awards went to whoever finished the round with the most infra and soldiers. After reading again near the end, its clearly states it goes to those with the highest infra and soldier records during the round. I'm not sure how i read that at the start and came to that conclusion.