Forum Stats and Activity

Rayvon

After I finished laughing over JudgeX's attempted activity snipe yesterday I got to thinking, we do that annual award !@#$ and one of the categories is always about most active forum. But there's never any substance to back up the claims (no big surprise in CN or those awards, but hey ..).

Forum admins and governments, let's see 'em.

HJaAjzX.png

tEyfVvq.png

Edited by Rayvon

It's less about JudgeX and more about forum stats discussion and curiosity ... He just happened to be the catalyst of the thought .. Otherwise I'd just worry about NSO vs TPF stats lol

Edited by Rayvon

Quite pointless, it's easy to rig said statistical information.

Then don't participate in the discussion. I happen to be legitimately curious as a forum admin/designer outside of CN as well. And curious about how activity is throughout our little world here. If anyone feels the need to fake their stats in order to participate in a discussion about stats, well that's their problem.

Sorry my curiosity is so fucking humdrum to you. Go fluff your stats somewhere alone.

I know .... Imagine trying to have a legitimate discussion about our global activity in our Out of Character section .. $%&@ I'm so stupid I should delete.

Yeah. You'd have a leg to stand on if all of TPF's most active fighters weren't also TPF's least active posters. The new alliance announcement system has also made your fail even more poignant. Perhaps a look at slot usage, NS gains(we just had the longest record of gain for a bit.), nuke count & nukes per nation. Our nations are doing their check ins, buying tech, adding tech sellers, & in talks with improving bobs new players. I am interested in propping the world up and strengthening it over dealing with the same old stagnation. Every war a curbstomp, every new nation/alliance run off by exclusion.

After I finished laughing over JudgeX's attempted activity snipe yesterday I got to thinking, we do that annual award !@#$ and one of the categories is always about most active forum. But there's never any substance to back up the claims (no big surprise in CN or those awards, but hey ..).

Forum admins and governments, let's see 'em.

It's less about JudgeX and more about forum stats discussion and curiosity ... He just happened to be the catalyst of the thought .. Otherwise I'd just worry about NSO vs TPF stats lol

Then don't participate in the discussion. I happen to be legitimately curious as a forum admin/designer outside of CN as well. And curious about how activity is throughout our little world here. If anyone feels the need to fake their stats in order to participate in a discussion about stats, well that's their problem.

Sorry my curiosity is so !@#$@#$ humdrum to you. Go fluff your stats somewhere alone.

I know .... Imagine trying to have a legitimate discussion about our global activity in our Out of Character section .. $%&@ I'm so stupid I should delete.

Yeah. You'd have a leg to stand on if all of TPF's most active fighters weren't also TPF's least active posters. The new alliance announcement system has also made your fail even more poignant. Perhaps a look at slot usage, NS gains(we just had the longest record of gain for a bit.), nuke count & nukes per nation. Our nations are doing their check ins, buying tech, adding tech sellers, & in talks with improving bobs new players. I am interested in propping the world up and strengthening it over dealing with the same old stagnation. Every war a curbstomp, every new nation/alliance run off by exclusion.

I realize after your antics on the coalition forums that your reading comprehension is sub-par; but I've made it quite clear this is nothing about TPF. But thanks for all that irrelevant and nothing-to-do-with-the-OP stuff none-the-less.

I'm merely trying to open an out-of-character discussion about forum activity in all alliances around CN. The source of the forum activity thought was your activity snipe. That doesn't mean this is all about TPF. You just made me curious about global activity.

Edited by Rayvon

One would think if its not about TPF and JudgeX , one would not bring up the names directly. v0v 

your on smf , we are on IPB .. don't have that nifty statistic panel there or at least for what I can get to. 

But, can look up a few stats ... 

sitestats_zpsac60bace.jpg

Will this work for now ?

Edited by HailSatan

One would think if its not about TPF and JudgeX , one would not bring up the names directly. v0v 

your on smf , we are on IPB .. don't have that nifty statistic panel there or at least for what I can get to. 

But, can look up a few stats ... 

sitestats_zpsac60bace.jpg

Will this work for now ?

My OP mentioning of him was to open the line of dialogue with a little lightness with an immediate segway into the larger discussion. He had made the initial comment about our activity that got my mind rolling, and knowing that our activity is actually pretty high, it in my head connected into the global thought. To which I decided to attempt to look into with an open discussion. I even very directly said in the reply to Auctor that it wasn't about TPF. I'll be sure to not cite sources in the future.

This is the OOC forum. TPF, NSO, NPO, Judge, Rayvon, HailSatan, Brehon, Dajobo - none of them 'exist' here. But the forums, are very real. These are what I am trying to talk about.

And aye - different forums do have different stats available, some have various packages and modules that can also be added if any admins are so inclined. It's been a long while since I've used IPBoard, is that the most detailed stats it shows - total posts and total users?

Edited by Rayvon

Well lets move off of it and get to what your main intention was for. 

Most members ever online in one day was 61, last accomplished on 23 Nov 2013

32 have visited the forums today. 

I found a hook to make the stats the way you want them.  I found a few threads asking IPB to make a stat page like SMF , i guess, its not on the top of the list of things to do. 

Unless someone else could point me in the right direction. 

23,000 posts? How new are your forums?

We have 82 members with over 1k posts. I have a little over 4k and my activity dropped way off over the last year.

That database has been in service since the latter half of October 2013.

Our first bros-free database that lived from December 2011 till October 2013, I'm in the process of turning into a members-only archive, has the following stats.

q4d47wy.png

Polar:

Total Members: 12260

Total Posts: 1155844

Total Topics: 81254

Total Categories: 13 

Most Online: 99 - January 24, 2010, 01:59:53 PM Online

Today: 15

Total page views: 26524155

Average registrations per day: 2.98

Average posts per day: 426.06

Average topics per day: 31.81

Total Boards: 939

Average online per day: 32.17

Average page views per day: 12703.14

I wonder where major CN alliances fall on Alexa rankings.

Edited by Starfox101

Some CCC stats, for your viewing pleasure-

Total Forum Posts: 215,753
Total Members: 1,909
27th June 2007 - 10:38 AM, a record 146 users were online.

Total topic views: 1,675,514

Daily Member Registration:

Average:   2

Record High: August 13th, 2008:    7

Total:   1,909

Daily Topic Creation:

Average:          7

Record High: August 15th, 2008:        51

Total:               18,280

Daily Posts:

Average:  108

Record High: July 25th, 2008  1,110

Total:   305,586

Polar:

Total Members: 12260

Total Posts: 1155844

Total Topics: 81254

Total Categories: 13 

Most Online: 99 - January 24, 2010, 01:59:53 PM Online

Today: 15

Total page views: 26524155

Average registrations per day: 2.98

Average posts per day: 426.06

Average topics per day: 31.81

Total Boards: 939

Average online per day: 32.17

Average page views per day: 12703.14

I wonder where major CN alliances fall on Alexa rankings.

I just looked up a couple on alexa.com, most seem to barely register if at all .. Cybernations.net is the only one .. NPO and IRON were ranked in the 8 and 10 million range .. CN was ~32k .. 

Statistics Statistic Value Statistic Value Posts : 519 Posts per day : 4.61 Number of topics : 186 Topics per day : 1.65 Number of users : 60 Users per day : 0.53 Forum started : Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm Number of activity points : 497

Nothing really here of importance, but I figured I would be sociable. Good topic btw.

I just looked up a couple on alexa.com, most seem to barely register if at all .. Cybernations.net is the only one .. NPO and IRON were ranked in the 8 and 10 million range .. CN was ~32k .. 

Barely 32k? You'd think with all the page hits this damn forum gets we could bring it up a little higher...