Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Orange

ampersand.png

The joint ODN - R&R department of Rhyming Things With Orange has hijacked this announcement to make a special announcement. 

I can't believe its happening

I can't believe its true

I can't believe the world will see

Orange

Such beautiful poetry from such wonderful people (I'm being blackmailed to say this)! I can't wait to see what they will come up with next. 

On a more serious note. I'm happy to present an upgrade to an existing treaty. 

RAWR

simplyorange_zpsef58fd80.jpg

The Citrus Express 2.0
Preamble
We, the alliances of R&R and the Orange Defense Network, sign this pact in essence of orange unification, friendship, and stronger bonds of faith through all means of security, defense, and communication, as well as assorted citrus items.

Article I: Non-Aggresion & Espionage
Neither signatory shall engage in aggressive actions towards the other, including but not limited to warfare and espionage. In the event that a dispute arises, every effort will be made to resolve it diplomatically. Additionally, if either signatory comes across information that  is relevant to the safety or well-being of the other, it will share it.

Article II: Financial Transactions & Trade
The signatories of this pact are encouraged to participate in financial transactions and to organize trade circles to promote the orange sphere.

Article III: Mutual Defense
In the event that one of the signatories is attacked, the attack not being the result of its other treaty obligations, the other signatory is obligated to defend them. If one of the signatories is attacked because of their other treaty obligations, this mutual defense clause becomes optional.

Article IV: Optional Aggression
If either signatory plans to engage in an aggressive war, the other signatory is encouraged, but not required, to provide military assistance.

Article V: Cancellation
If either signatory violates any of the above articles, this pact is void. If either signatory wishes to withdraw from this pact, they may do so at any time, provided they communicate their intention to do so in private. This pact shall expire 72 hours afterwards

For R&R:

EgoFreaky - President
Bambi - Vice President
WarriorSoul - Minister of Foreign Affairs
GreyOps - Minister of Defense
carolinachief- Minister of Interior
Garrett93 - Minister of Economics
The Membership of R&R

On Behalf the General Assembly of the ODN:

Overlord Shinnra - Secretary-General, Spawner of Overlords, Tendrils of Agony
OsRavan - Senate LVIII
Walling - Secretary of State
Nikolay - Senate LVIII
Bucovina - Senate LVIII
eZe - Assistant Secretary-General
Hawspiper1983 - Secretary of Interior
Zaxon - Secretary of Defense
stealthypenguin93 - Senate LVIII
nomnomnom - Secretary of Economics
Peaches3 - Senate LVIII, Last where you belong!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the first page!

Er, also, congrats, looks good.

If you squint just right,

In just the correct light,

The great word Orange,

Might rhyme with Porridge

Ha!

*Edit: Suck it people who said orange doesn't rhyme with anything! I WIN!

Edited by Kzoppistan

Maybe you should look again, big guy.

Just did. It never ceases to amaze me how Pacifican client state announcements are constantly more intra-sphere treaties (yes upgrades are new treaties) that have no other aim than functioning as propaganda vehicles.

"Oh, new friends from the war." "Oh, we are really being rebels." The rest of the international community is over the Disorder war already, but there is still a massive obsession over losing the war.

I frankly find it both hilarious but also disturbing. In my time, defeat came with EZI, disbandment, reps and viceroys, yet none of these things were imposed after Disorder (if someone cites UPNs token 6 million, they are an idiot).

There is literally no cause for grievance. No punitive terms were issued (excepting the issue of NPO not suffering comparable damage). Nobody went to the mercy board to secure alliance peace. The international community has tried to welcome NPOites with open arms.

With all this accounted for, there is no grievance or grudge; it's just hatred, xenophobia and imperialism at work again. And ultimately, it will be again defeated one way or another because free people do not want to be lorded over. Edited by Tywin Lannister