RE: War Doves

prod_Whole_Chx.jpg

Tastes like Chicken. 

The Warriors hereby declare war on the War Doves for their clear involvement in our current war (I figured I'd make it official). 

This is the second war an alliance has claimed "partial involvement" against us, and we want it to be clear, you don't get to do that. Either man up and bring your whole AA, or get out.

Bring your A game boys, this is going to be one hell of a fight. 

- Slacker. 

The 'tactic' of using a few nations to make things more equal is only BS if you are on the side that would have the distinct advantage if it wasn't done.

Although it's probably futile to explain...I'll try.

Without those few nations....Warriors would have had approx. 100K Ns advantage (400K to our 300K give or take) and clear advantages in nukes, nations #'s, and every other category as well.

As much as folks would like it....I'm not a fan of marching our AA into a losing battle.

Surely there would have been complaining about something or another had we done that as well.

I appreciate the uninvited back seat driving, but I think OP does a pretty good job of doing things our way.

Get back to your goats.

Give 'em heck WD.

The 'tactic' of using a few nations to make things more equal is only BS if you are on the side that would have the distinct advantage if it wasn't done.

Although it's probably futile to explain...I'll try.

Without those few nations....Warriors would have had approx. 100K Ns advantage (400K to our 300K give or take) and clear advantages in nukes, nations #'s, and every other category as well.

As much as folks would like it....I'm not a fan of marching our AA into a losing battle.

Surely there would have been complaining about something or another had we done that as well.

I appreciate the uninvited back seat driving, but I think OP does a pretty good job of doing things our way.

Get back to your goats.

Give 'em heck WD.

First it was OP (you) who declared. Second as someone mentioned this is your first "legit" war of the round and lastly you had the blitz advantage. Adding the 5 WD's made it a down declare. These tactics open up doors for bs moves like only borrowing the most active and well equipped nations from friendly AA's just so you guarantee your win. I don't know which AA is worst, OP or WD. Both are really good at executing wars you'll win easily so I guess you suit each other.

3 wars declared so far.

Impressive blitz.

Don't hurt yourselves.

Welcome to the fray WD...it's an honor to be fighting alongside you.

You must have missed the part where he said he just wanted to make it "official" since WD's wont. Did you also miss the part where they're already at war with OP (You) who've more strength, avg ns, infra, tech, nukes and lesser nations in anarchy so were you expecting some sort of super blitz.?

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Sorry, but you are off base.

Adding the 5 WD made it about as statistically close as any war in TE that I can recall.

There really wasn't that great of a blitz advantage.  To their credit, the Warriors nations were all pretty much stocked and loaded and they had a pretty good idea we could be coming at any time.

I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a guaranteed win...it's going to be a very tough war for all of us.

I'm glad we're friendly with WD.  If Warriors didn't make such poor decisions time and time again I'm sure our relationship could be drastically different.  It isn't cordial and likely won't be for a while.

Sorry, but you are off base.

Adding the 5 WD made it about as statistically close as any war in TE that I can recall.

There really wasn't that great of a blitz advantage.  To their credit, the Warriors nations were all pretty much stocked and loaded and they had a pretty good idea we could be coming at any time.

I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a guaranteed win...it's going to be a very tough war for all of us.

I'm glad we're friendly with WD.  If Warriors didn't make such poor decisions time and time again I'm sure our relationship could be drastically different.  It isn't cordial and likely won't be for a while.

I don't think its the warriors making the poor decisions here. I'm pretty certain they could have rolled you and WD's earlier in the round. I think they've given you two enough chances.

I don't think its the warriors making the poor decisions here. I'm pretty certain they could have rolled you and WD's earlier in the round. I think they've given you two enough chances.

Please leave your personal detest for War Doves at the door.  We all understand that you strongly dislike them - the feeling is mutual - so let it go and quit complaining about it (or anything else for that matter) considering you are no longer even under attack by them.

War Doves' entry into the war certainly livens things up - it's unusual to see an alliance risk their pixels for a fight that isn't even their own in the name of balance and as such, I offer commendation to the War Doves' leadership and members for jumping into a conflict - not from a treaty standpoint - but from a balance standpoint.  It is highly in keeping with the nature of TE for wars to be unpredictable and this adds a fresh twist to the game.

Not complaining about you and your ally doing this and am happy with my wars, but you guys wouldn't do it if it wasn't for the advantage;

For WD
1) WD gets to fight with the nations who are most active and prepared to fight while not having to risk their fluff (yes, you guys who aren't fighting are fluff; weak war chest (jack123 will be bill locked before our round ends, not a shocker he wasn't on the change aa list), current rl schedule, flag running inetntions, or whatever. Any AA with over 10 people has at least a couple guys who this week war just isn't that good for war.

2) You get to drift them over on your own terms. Some didn't show up until hours after the blitz. If we actually had a decent amount of people on, they would have been filling slots with current people on the AA. They get to avoid most counters.

For OP
1) You got to pretend it was an up-declare when it turns out to really be a mini-down declare (again, not complaining because I'd rather fight an equal to tougher war every time then some easy stomp...but I always follow orders and hit who I am told to hit. Fact is you have 20+ nations with nukes/MP compared to maybe 15. Your nuke start count was about 20 higher and every stat is higher.

2) Having the blitz is always an advantage, which in my mind is why the subterfuge. Paul did message me and explain more today, but credibility is a bit of an issue with OP so I will take his words with a grain of salt and know that you'd rather "win" than do something fun and that nets you zero advantage.
2A) You got to dictate fire teams/mostly who is fighting who.
2B) I saw 6 post-blitz anarchies for TW - which again is an advantage when the people you are fighting now have less nations than what you attacked with to counter.

Saying one more time so it is clear - I do not support any complaining in this thread and am happy with the war - I just think you are sugar-coating things a bit. There is always an advantage to hiding resources off AA, to having a protectorate/lapdog like WD who does what you tell them to do, and to being the blitzing AA

On a side note, for an alliance who always build econ and goes soft war early, I never understand you guys going down this grudge match route, especially with people who love getting lots of nukes early every round. Enjoy that, though.

Just man up and fight then huh?

Warrriors had the biggest mofo'ing top tier. In wars like these (hundreds of nukes vs hundreds) there is no winner. We will all lose our precious infra.

I believe we only had like 2 WD nations help with the blitz anyways.

The most even matchup ive seen in a while, what is this new term "mini downdeclare" you have got to be joking or smoking crack. Who even came up with that term?

I've said multiple times I think it's a fair war.  I was countering the comment that it was a slight/mini/tiny updeclare by showing the opposite, but it doesn't matter.  Like you said, nukes rule TE and when both sides will have 200+ nukes to fire everyone should have fun and lose lots of pixels.

Please leave your personal detest for War Doves at the door.  We all understand that you strongly dislike them - the feeling is mutual - so let it go and quit complaining about it (or anything else for that matter) considering you are no longer even under attack by them.

War Doves' entry into the war certainly livens things up - it's unusual to see an alliance risk their pixels for a fight that isn't even their own in the name of balance and as such, I offer commendation to the War Doves' leadership and members for jumping into a conflict - not from a treaty standpoint - but from a balance standpoint.  It is highly in keeping with the nature of TE for wars to be unpredictable and this adds a fresh twist to the game.

The only person here talking about me and WD's is YOU. Wasn't 14 pages of it enough for you that you have to bring to this thread to. But since you bought it up, no I don't like WD's and for good reason, they consistently use scum moves to win wars or take minimum damage, they go after petty grudges they themselves created and they accuse players (they don't like of course) with no evidence and roll them for it.

Of course you'd defend and support their actions, no bias going on here.

What was that Rayvon? I can't seem to see your comments, you seem to be on some sort of ignore list :smug:

This is all I'm getting:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Rayvon. View it anyway?

The only person here talking about me and WD's is YOU. Wasn't 14 pages of it enough for you that you have to bring to this thread to. But since you bought it up, no I don't like WD's and for good reason, they consistently use scum moves to win wars or take minimum damage, they go after petty grudges they themselves created and they accuse players (they don't like of course) with no evidence and roll them for it.

Of course you'd defend and support their actions, no bias going on here.

Really now?

Seems to me that they're just better at this than you.  Of course, that could be said for just about anyone.

What was that Rayvon? I can't seem to see your comments, you seem to be on some sort of ignore list :smug:

This is all I'm getting:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Rayvon. View it anyway?

Ohhhh so edgy, so edgy .. And every moron and their sister's hamster knows you can't resist clicking that 'View it anyway?' button  :rolleyes:

Really now?

Seems to me that they're just better at this than you.  Of course, that could be said for just about anyone.

Better at me? You must be confused as I'm not the one running an alliance here and neither is everyone else. Their plans only work if they get to execute them before others hit them which they have been doing a good job of lately. But you only get away with it for so long.

They're not as smart as you think they are. The smart leaders are those not upsetting the enemy with underhand wars.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Better at me? You must be confused as I'm not the one running an alliance here and neither is everyone else. Their plans only work if they get to execute them before others hit them which they have been doing a good job of lately. But you only get away with it for so long.

This is TE, you hit or you be hit.  Seems to me they're being pro-active, knowing this could draw into a wider conflict.  Pixels are pixels and it all resets in the end regardless.  It's your attitude and the way others perceive you that will determine the course of your future in this game.  I won't deny that you've dropped the amount of complaining as it would hardly be fair to deny you credit where it is due but you have a hole to dig out of... and if you don't, that hole will become your grave in this game.

This is TE, you hit or you be hit.  Seems to me they're being pro-active, knowing this could draw into a wider conflict.  Pixels are pixels and it all resets in the end regardless.  It's your attitude and the way others perceive you that will determine the course of your future in this game.  I won't deny that you've dropped the amount of complaining as it would hardly be fair to deny you credit where it is due but you have a hole to dig out of... and if you don't, that hole will become your grave in this game.

Unlike you this is a war game and I don't want to be friends with the enemy which is everyone not in my AA. I'm not sure what your trying to achieve but its not the first time you've made a comment like this. Are you trying to warn me? I really don't care if everyone was bothered by me. I'll call your bs out and you can either choose to see it and complain about it or ignore it. No one will force you to choose but I see you'll rather complain about it. Considering your just always defending those I call out, I'm guessing your a !@# kisser using it to better your foreign affairs or you just like attention.

Unlike you this is a war game and I don't want to be friends with the enemy which is everyone not in my AA. I'm not sure what your trying to achieve but its not the first time you've made a comment like this. Are you trying to warn me? I really don't care if everyone was bothered by me. I'll call your bs out and you can either choose to see it and complain about it or ignore it. No one will force you to choose but I see you'll rather complain about it. Considering your just always defending those I call out, I'm guessing your a !@# kisser using it to better your foreign affairs or you just like attention.

If you would bother to come on IRC you may very well find that even "enemies" as you so ignorantly put it have friendly banter and conversation quite regularly.  I would be happy to point you in the direction of an IRC client and the public channels to almost all of the major TE alliance affiliations but you're flying blind here and making a very large amount of assumptions without even having the means to tell whether they're true or not.  Now - the obvious question, why would that make me happy?  Because, were you able to communicate as most people in this game do, you would be informed of who is friends with who - and in the end, almost all of us have friendly relations with one another.  The only real exceptions to this were Swazz within the Misfits (who is no longer in the game, so far as I know).... and yourself.  What I'm warning you of is that your current "everybody's an enemy" mentality is only going to get you rolled again, and again, and again.  Recently it was War Doves.  Your comments on Ordo Paradoxia have no doubt put you in their crosshairs as well although I do not claim to speak for paul711.  It should go without saying - since I've already made that point abundantly clear repeatedly despite your cowardly attempts to back out of your own challenge - that you and I have a war that's a bit overdue on fighting.

I don't want you to fail.  One could make the argument that one less oblivious player is a good thing but I've been here long enough to watch the decline in numbers.  I want you to grow up and quit acting like everyone is your enemy because when you act in that matter - guess what, you make enemies.  I don't consider you an "enemy" per se considering you're simply a new player on a game you do not fully understand, nor do you pose any real threat to me regardless.  TE is a better game when people aren't carrying a whole bag of chips on their shoulder, obsessing over their own insecurities and hiding behind a wall of meaningless posturing.  Put up, or shut up, to use a somewhat vulgar expression.

If you want to be a quality player - an asset to what few alliances remain that would be willing to have you, it requires you to make an attitude shift.  Not tomorrow, not next round - now.  Otherwise, you can expect more of the same.

To be fair.....misfits avoided hitting WD and OP to avoid further grudges and what not but WD found their way right at us again. :(. Needless to say, samwise and myself had a chat right after the declaration and personally wasn't looking to hit misfits again. I'm assuming for the same reasons as myself. However, someone not putting their foot down and stopping it from happening is beyond me.