Should there be a Cyberntions revolution?

Themaninthehat

Should there be a revolution in cyber nations?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jerdge is correct. The idea of some sort of mass uprising is rather silly, and has never worked in the history of this world. First of all, such an action is almost impossible to organize due to "tribal" dynamics, and secondly is not in the interests of most nations.

However, ideological revolutions are entirely possible. Ideology is important because they direct peoples patterns of thought. Anyone remember when people considered spying and even nuking "bad?" Actions like those were overwhelmingly condemned, largely because they were against the interests of the old Hegemony.

In the post-Karma period, Global Feudalism has prevailed, based around friends > infra, a form of inter-alliance tribalism.

The Disorder war has helped restore a more sophisticated and rational approach to politics, fortunately. The revolution is not some absurd defense of micros, or silly moralistic crusade against raiding. The revolution, like those that came before, is simply a change in ideology and leadership of the top political players.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a CN revolution overturning the established order every 6 months or so

Not really, Cyber nations has always followed the same global system which consists of 3 types of people. The first type is large alliance leaders who rule the world and decide how things work. Then there are the members of those alliances, they basically follow and believe what ever their leaders tell them. The last group is everyone else, independent nations and small alliances. These people mostly keep their ideas to them self's as they often challenge those of big leaders. Then when one of them finally speaks out, he is shut up, made fun of, and ostracized by the leaders of big alliances. So i guess you could say that a revolution in cyber nations would be changing that system. Changing it so people could present their ideas and not get kicked off the forums because of it.   

Edited by Jackdog15

Not really, Cyber nations has always followed the same global system which consists of 3 types of people. The first type is large alliance leaders who rule the world and decide how things work. Then there are the members of those alliances, they basically follow and believe what ever their leaders tell them. The last group is everyone else, independent nations and small alliances. These people mostly keep their ideas to them self's as they often challenge those of big leaders. Then when one of them finally speaks out, he is shut up, made fun of, and ostracized by the leaders of big alliances. So i guess you could say that a revolution in cyber nations would be changing that system. Changing it so people could present their ideas and not get kicked off the forums because of it.   

So in that environment, how does revolution happen?

So what you're saying is that what they're attempting to do is and will continue to be fruitless, and that this entire thread is really just a grab for attention?

Shocker.

Edit: Rephrasing. :|

Edited by WarriorSoul

So what you're saying is that what you're attempting to do is and will continue to be fruitless, and that this entire thread is really just a grab for attention?

Shocker.

Sir please be smarter next time and read before you post. I am going to give you a chance to go back and read what I said.

Sir please be smarter next time and read before you post. I am going to give you a chance to go back and read what I said.

I was mostly referring to this post:

There is a reason a revolution like this has never happened. 

And the fact the now thoroughly-discussed and thoroughly-shot down revolution is a fruitless endeavor because of the cyclical nature of politics on Bob. There is a reason a revolution like this has never happened. It's because in order to carry out such a revolution against whatever hegemonic force is currently in power, you yourself would need to have the power to overthrow it. But once that happens, doesn't your then-revolutionary force become the new hegemonic power in need of overthrowing?

The cycle continues because it must continue. The only thing that changes is who's on top. :|

And the fact the now thoroughly-discussed and thoroughly-shot down revolution is a fruitless endeavor because of the cyclical nature of politics on Bob. There is a reason a revolution like this has never happened. It's because in order to carry out such a revolution against whatever hegemonic force is currently in power, you yourself would need to have the power to overthrow it. But once that happens, doesn't your then-revolutionary force become the new hegemonic power in need of overthrowing?

The cycle continues because it must continue. The only thing that changes is who's on top. :|

Oh my mistake. Sorry for jumping on you.

A revolution is not against the current leaders, but against the current ideas. 

Let's just agree to start taking out the neutrals. They add nothing to our world.

[/sarcasm] 

Deal, as long as I get to nuke Kurdanak and Samwise.

The poll results are not what i thought they would be, its about 50 50 all he way through. I thought it would be heavily one sided like 70% of the vote for no.

That's because most people who would vote no don't care enough/are too lazy, including yours truly.

I would seem given the option of not wanting an option almost no one as supported the current powers. In fact most people support reform. Fate can not be stoped

It can if your opponents have bigger guns than you.

Also, since when does "fate" have anything to do with this?

It can if your opponents have bigger guns than you.

Also, since when does "fate" have anything to do with this?

What I am saying is no one can ignore the rising number of people wanting reform. I am not talking about a ton of small nations attacking big ones, I am saying over time cultural reform with happen and there is nothing anyone can do about it. In fact at the rate things are going it would not surprise me if some rebel political party popped up soon. 

Edited by Jackdog15

What I am saying is no one can ignore the rising number of people wanting reform. I am not talking about a ton of small nations attacking big ones, I am saying over time cultural reform with happen and there is nothing anyone can do about it. In fact at the rate things are going it would not surprise me if some rebel political party popped up soon. 

And what I'm saying is this isn't 8th grade social studies.