LNN Postwar Stability Report

The Zigur

Mind sharing your sources and the raw data you used to make this?

I think the point when it becomes obvious that a graph is being skewed in order to make a point is when the creator doesn't even bother to include comparative vertical and horizontal scales.

So yeah, take whatever you read here with a grain of salt. Or 20, I pulled a Tywin and left my measure at home.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of post like this.  Regardless of accuracy.  It is well presented.  Kudos.

Neutrals have political clout in an indirect way i.e. if you attack a neutral, you risk losing political capital.  Undoubtly, opposing spheres will use your aggression to smear your image.

Because of the doomsphere connection to AZTEC and Umbrella's connection to TOP and GOONS. tywin might interpret this as the world becoming more unstable

Now wouldn't it really flip his world if NSO were to sign a treaty or two in there

So Umbrella signing a treaty with a member of AZTEC kinda screws up your analysis, no?

Not at all, because my analysis is ideologically based. Unlike most of the number crunchers, I base my power sphere analysis around culture and thought, not simply treaties.

The stability index is not to scale, which is why I did not include data or an axis. It is impossible to measure military/political clout by numbers anyway, so the analysis is presented via estimate.

So alliances like TOP and The Legion have similar cultures and thoughts?

The alliances in each power sphere do not have to be identical to share similar ideological tendencies. Individual treaties are also less important in power sphere groupings because these days alliances often have multiple activation options.

Thus, when planning an operation one looks at the likelihood of an alliance favoring one side or the other, not simple treaty ties. This is an important note considering how many treaty assumptions on the losing side were not fulfilled in the last war. This sort of analysis goes beyond mere number crunching to attempt to read the minds controlling each alliance.

I am a fan of post like this.  Regardless of accuracy.  It is well presented.  Kudos.

Neutrals have political clout in an indirect way i.e. if you attack a neutral, you risk losing political capital.  Undoubtly, opposing spheres will use your aggression to smear your image.

This is correct, I am glad you can grasp this concept easier than others in this thread.

Yes I do remember.  Why don't you guys try and see if they're the same this time round?

You try way to hard to paint everyone as an enemy of ours

Literally every post is you trying to stir the pot bro

All I'm saying is the neutrals are worthless and will be left alone - they offer nothing to anyone

GPA has some of the toughest fighters in all of the game, I wouldn't exactly claim this one anymore, it was years ago.

Perhaps, but there will never be a hegemonic empire with as much political capital as NPO had.

So, alas, we will never get to see it (until the end perhaps?)

The sudden criminalization of free speech by DBDC collaborators is of great concern to LNN.

I for one welcome the LNN to continue posting its stories! Without it how would the world (doomsphere included) know what we're up to??

Plus we get all the oil moneys which i'm okay with  :smug:

So does this mean that the world is dependent on Doomsphere simply because we got oil? As you know, Umbrella is now tied to the Doomsphere, right?

Regardless, I enjoy reading LNN's publishing articles but I'm afraid it's not an independent news entity but rather, a news network that aligns itself mildly with Polardoxia. Conclusively, as I think we all know is that LNN is a perfect example for yellow journalism.

Lol DBDC now is controlling the speech of their members? 

TIL: Tywin thinks l0c0 is Kim Jong Un

I speak my mind and DBDC has never tried limiting what I or anyone else says, so to accuse DBDC of limiting freedom of speech is probably the most absurd of the claims he's made.

The Freedom Index is related to press access. Shirunei banned my access to #DT with no stated reason, and an unknown moderator banned me from #DBDC also for an unknown reason, presumably due to inconvenient coverage by the media.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

The Freedom Index is related to press access. Shirunei banned my access to #DT with no stated reason, and an unknown moderator banned me from #DBDC also for an unknown reason, presumably due to inconvenient coverage by the media.

I guess sometimes people want to be able to talk without knowing everything they are saying are being saved in logs for the next potential sensationalist thread. :P

I see you as more of a Colbert Report personality and don't see you as a threat, so they might not of been necessary. Although wanting to be able to have a conversation without there being a good chance of it showing up on the next LNN isn't exactly restricting speech. A lot of alliances have channels they don't allow you access to.

Edited by Methrage