LNN Postwar Stability Report

The Zigur

8myp1xR.png

The Factor is on! Tonight, a Factor Exclusive: The Post-Disorder War Global Stability Report.

Thank you for joining us tonight on the Factor. As you are aware, The Factor has been following developments within Doomsphere closely. As normal, Postwar treaty maneuvering has begun, and so far it appears Polardoxia is engaging a lions share of new treaties. Considering Polardoxia's role in improving the global situation with the Disorder War, this is of course no surprise.

After careful analysis, The Factor is pleased to present our findings on the postwar political environment.

1900024_702383466468922_1040698724_n.jpg

Figure 1-1: Demonstrated is Relative Stability (Vertical), relative to political and/or military clout (horizontal)

As the Diagram explains, Doomsphere is currently the most unstable Primary Power Sphere (PPS). Since the Mushqaeda Operation, The Neutral PPS has re-stabilized and indeed with the stability provided by the Disorder War, has returned to its rightful stable place for civilians to prosper in. Since that incident, Neutral state actors have payed closer attention to global politics, and some are beginning to see the advantages of Polardoxian Order.

The Union of Polardoxia remains the top PPS politically and militarily, and the most stable aside from the neutrals themselves. It's victory following the Disorder was not just a massive defeat against a pragmatic threat, but also a crushing blow ideologically against the specter of Neo-Imperialism. There is good news in Pacifica. Although more reform is needed, I have sensed signs of positive change from within. Pacifica will have a critical role in the year to come, and their actions will determine the shape of the emerging return of Global Peace and Order.

The Disorder War could be considered a Global Correction, which is bringing affairs back towards civilization and order. The fall of the Pacifican Empire left a state of Global Feudalism which has largely dissipated. Thus, a triple victory against Lulzism, Feudalism and Imperialism has been obtained in only 5 months time. Thus, the Coalition has evolved into a Revolution, not of the masses, but simply the hegemonic ideology.

14887_702393499801252_1285173567_n.jpg

Figure 1-2: Global Diagram reflects comparative ideological PPS

This diagram breaks down the relative comparisons between different ideologies in an easy to understand way. Polardoxia leads an ideologically strong, stability producing New Order which results in prosperity, relative freedom, military dominance, and ideological hegemony worldwide. This Paradoxian-Polar Union unites political North and South to unit against Doomist terrorist attacks.

Doomsphere is the most unstable region. Dominated by ideological lulzism and archaic friends>infra philosophy, it launched a series of terrorist attacks against Polardoxia during the Disorder War. The War was fought by Polardoxia and IRON against the Neo-Imperialists of NPOsphere. Unusual Suspects, the most westerly allies of NPO, was drawn into the sphere, a significant loss to Polardoxia early in the war. Of course, Polardoxia's efficient and modern military was more than a match for inactive western alliances like NATO, and the top heavy authoritarian descendant of Vladimirist-Francoism in the East.

IRONsphere currently lacks a stabilizing ideology, and thus reacted poorly in the Disorder war, earning disapproval for its diplomatic handling of the War. It is more stable than Post-War NPOsphere, but Control over IRONspheres resource and nation access and control will likely be a key focus of the FA strategies of every other power sphere. Meanwhile the Neutrals in the Far East have recovered from the lulzist terrorism of Mushqaeda, with many more neutral alliances rising to the top ranks due to the Stability provided by the Disorder War.

Interestingly, the core ideologies have responded to the presence of LNN reporters and staff in a variety of ways. Some regions have banned LNN press access, while others have adopted varying policies of free speech and access to information. Based on the access of the Lannister News Network to IRC channels and government officials, here is our rankings from Most Free to Least Free:

Global Press Freedom Index

#1 Most Free: Polardoxia

LNN has generally noticed the least Press Restrictions from Polardoxia, and the most interviews and content has originated from within this Sphere.

#2: IRONsphere

IRONsphere, although lacking a unifying ideology, has not placed restrictions on the Lannister News Network and has generally remained cooperative with press interviews and off the record discussions.

#3: Neutrals

Neutrals have not placed restrictions on the Lannister News Network, but also provide relatively little in press content to the LNN.

#4: Doomsphere

The sudden criminalization of free speech by DBDC collaborators is of great concern to LNN. DBDC as a political influence has rapidly mushroomed since their actions were left unanswered by all but a handful of alliances in the Mushqaeda War. In the Disorder War, they went as far as to openly engage terrorist attacks and raids against Polardoxian Nations. The Primitivism of Doomthought has spread through AZTEC and some other alliances, slowly invading NPOsphere and IRONshere.

#5: NPOsphere

Neo-Imperialism has lead to a reactionary atmosphere that has resulted in mass groupthink and active obstruction of the Press. Most Pacifican alliances have banned independent news stations like LNN and our International press access, and shares very little information of government activity with their people. NPOsphere is currently the only power sphere to block press access based on political or ideological grounds.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are getting the Paradoxia Sphere of power, which includes all the former Doom House alliances (Most of MK-GOONS-Umbrella), mixed up with the DBDC-DT-DS sphere.

Doombird Doomcave doesn't have treaties with any former Doom House alliances. DBDC-DT-DS is 3 alliances and Doom House was 3 alliances, but they aren't the same 3 alliances at all or aligned politically even. Their similarities end at the 3 alliance concept and usage of the term Doom.

Edited by Methrage

You are getting the Paradoxia Sphere of power, which includes all the former Doom House alliances, mixed up with the DBDC-DT-DS sphere.

Doombird Doomcave doesn't have treaties with any former Doom House alliances. DBDC-DT-DS is 3 alliances and Doom House was 3 alliances, but they aren't the same 3 alliances at all or aligned politically even.

Polardoxia includes TOP and NpO, along with key allies aligned to each, and many peripheral alliances such as the ones in Arizona. (Centered on North/South America on map)

Doomsphere is roughly composed of DBDC-DT-DS and several aligned alliances (centered around Middle East on Map).

IRONsphere is composed of IRON and closely aligned alliances like VE, represented by Africa on the Map.

NPOsphere includes Non Grata, NSO, NoR and some others, roughly placed around Russia, Ukraine, Germany and the Eastern Bloc. While Unusual Suspects is roughly centered in Western Europe. (OOC: It roughly represents Putin's fantasy of a Russia dominated Eurasia)

Neutrality, including alliances like GPA and WTF, is centered on China and nations surrounding it. Neutrals prefer economic dominance to military dominance.

Today I learned the neutrals have far more political and military clout than NPO & allies

If you were able to learn anything from that bar graph I'm surprised. He says the horizontal size represents political and military clout, but doesn't explain what that means. GPA has held the top sanction spot for long periods many times, but never held military clout because of it. At least you believe it to be true and were able to register that as learned knowledge in your brain due to his manipulation of the bar sizes.

Maybe Tywin is getting good at this. :popcorn:

If you were able to learn anything from that bar graph I'm surprised. He says the horizontal size represents political and military clout, but doesn't explain what that means. GPA has held the top sanction spot for long periods many times, but never held military clout because of it. At least you believe it to be true and were able to register that as learned knowledge in your brain due to his manipulation of the bar sizes.

Maybe Tywin is getting good at this. :popcorn:

If you were to put every significant neutral alliance together, NPOsphere would not be able to defeat them. It would need the assistance of other spheres to accomplish such a goal realistically while preserving territorial integrity (i.e. be able to defend itself from another stability operation by Polardoxia). Because of this dynamic Neutrals are safe as a whole from a long lasting invasion. Elements from around the world, including from within NPOsphere, proved this dynamic in the Mushqaeda War by defeating Lulzist/Doomists incursions into TDO.

If you were to put every significant neutral alliance together, NPOsphere would not be able to defeat it. It would need the assistance of other spheres to accomplish such a goal realistically while preserving territorial integrity (i.e. be able to defend itself from another stability operation by Polardoxia). Because of this dynamic Neutrals are safe as a whole from a long lasting invasion.

They have no clout because every significant neutral alliance will never work together or determine the outcome of any war. You will never see GPA turn the tide of a war by getting involved. If neutrals were taken down one by one, most of them would remain neutral until its them.

Edited by Methrage

They have no clout because every significant neutral alliance will never work together or determine the outcome of any war. You will never see GPA turn the tide of a war by getting involved. If neutrals were taken down one by one, most of them would remain neutral until its them.

It is a mistake to think that a lack of offensive capability (ooc: as with most real life Asian nations) means they lack political and military clout. While a single Neutral alliance could again be attacked by DBDC elements in the future, two factors come into play: Attacking a neutral alliance is fruitless in a political sense, since neutrals are not political rivals. It is essentially throwing resources down the drain and weakening one's position against the other power spheres. This is why Mushqaeda was eliminated as a threat so quickly last year, and why the only large scale war ever undertaken against neutrals took place in the Woodstock Massacre by the NPO hegemony (which held dominance over every other power sphere).

Were any PPS offensively engage a major neutral alliance in this day and age, it would offer a significant opening to a stability operation by an international task force. Thus Neutrals are secure against major threats to their existence. Because of this, they are currently the most stable power sphere and enjoy the most opportunity for growth.

This Paradoxian-Polar Union unites political North and South to unit against Doomist terrorist attacks.

No.

IRONsphere currently lacks a stabilizing ideology, and thus reacted poorly in the Disorder war, earning disapproval for its diplomatic handling of the War. It is more stable than Post-War NPOsphere, but Control over IRONspheres resource and nation access and control will likely be a key focus of the FA strategies of every other power sphere.

I can confirm this, I try to remember my password but nation access is still a difficultly.

Edited by Commander shepard

It is a mistake to think that a lack of offensive capability (ooc: as with most real life Asian nations) means they lack political and military clout. While a single Neutral alliance could again be attacked by DBDC elements in the future, two factors come into play: Attacking a neutral alliance is fruitless in a political sense, since neutrals are not political rivals. It is essentially throwing resources down the drain and weakening one's position against the other power spheres. This is why Mushqaeda was eliminated as a threat so quickly last year, and why the only large scale war ever undertaken against neutrals took place in the Woodstock Massacre by the NPO hegemony (which held dominance over every other power sphere).

Were any PPS offensively engage a major neutral alliance in this day and age, it would offer a significant opening to a stability operation by an international task force. Thus Neutrals are secure against major threats to their existence. Because of this, they are currently the most stable power sphere and enjoy the most opportunity for growth.

I agree its pointless to attack them, which is why neutrals have been able to exist. I don't think making themselves into pointless targets is the same as having real political clout. NPO took a PR hit for it when they hit GPA, but regardless of how many alliances were against it; they did nothing.

That is because they didn't want be labeled rogues. Since neutrals have no treaties, it can give other alliances a hard time to justify getting involved or even not getting involved if their MDAP treaty web partners are in on it.

So neutrals safety stems from them generally be unattractive targets by making it seem like a waste of time to fight them, because everyone already knows they will never move against them in any war. Your graph would imply the neutrals have the second highest military clout of any political sphere, but there is no way you can believe that to be the case. When I first saw your graph I thought it was going to be something about the neutral menace and portraying them as a threat since you blew their power so much out of proportion.

Again, a lack of offensive capability does not indicate a lack of combined political and military clout. The only reason why NPO was able to attack GPA was because it controlled every power sphere during the Hegemony. Even then, it was not an attack on the entire neutral sphere (although GPA was its biggest element).

No single power sphere could successfully attack the neutrals today, including Polardoxia. Attacking Neutrality under the current conditions is inviting stability based reprisal. This was demonstratrd with Mushqaeda when they attacked TDO and stirred up the international hornet nest.

So it is fair to say neutrality has more clout than Pacifica, because NPO was not able to maintain political integrity on defense, whereas Neutrality can.

You are getting the Paradoxia Sphere of power, which includes all the former Doom House alliances (Most of MK-GOONS-Umbrella), mixed up with the DBDC-DT-DS sphere.

Doombird Doomcave doesn't have treaties with any former Doom House alliances. DBDC-DT-DS is 3 alliances and Doom House was 3 alliances, but they aren't the same 3 alliances at all or aligned politically even. Their similarities end at the 3 alliance concept and usage of the term Doom.

Didn't Doombird have a protectorate over Umbrella or did that end with eQ? 

Also, MK disbanded mate, so no Polardoxia does not include MK.

Didn't Doombird have a protectorate over Umbrella or did that end with eQ? 

Also, MK disbanded mate, so no Polardoxia does not include MK.

I know they disbanded, which is why I said most of MK. I don't know the details with what was going on when Doombirds was starting out, I was barely active at the time and not really browsing the forums much. However currently the only official treaties Doombirds have are with DT, DS and NG; but no ties to Umbrella.

Edited by Methrage

I dunno,

If GPA got hit I bet that GOP, WTF, OBR & pretty much all the moral alliances around bob would defend them

or you know, GPA would just actually destroy everyone.  They're pretty good at war you know...

I dunno,

If GPA got hit I bet that GOP, WTF, OBR & pretty much all the moral alliances around bob would defend them

or you know, GPA would just actually destroy everyone.  They're pretty good at war you know...

If GPA really wanted to go all out, then I'm sure they would be able to dish out some damage. I've never seen anything to indicate most of these alliances would take action when they aren't being threatened directly. I'll  believe all the neutrals will suddenly forgo their neutrality if they see another neutral under attack when I see it. Neutrality means an alliance doesn't want to get caught up in any world policing or taking on moralist causes, it means they go out of their way to avoid conflict always. Although some of those you listed aren't purist neutrals like GPA.

Few alliances these days have the guts to declare a war without a treaty to use as justification,  so if suddenly the neutrals lead the way in beginning to declare on alliances who declare wars they don't agree with, then it would truly be a surprising day in CN.

If GPA really wanted to go all out, then I'm sure they would be able to dish out some damage. I've never seen anything to indicate most of these alliances would take action when they aren't being threatened directly. I'll  believe all the neutrals will suddenly forgo their neutrality if they see another neutral under attack when I see it. Neutrality means an alliance doesn't want to get caught up in any world policing or taking on moralist causes, it means they go out of their way to avoid conflict always. Although some of those you listed aren't purist neutrals like GPA.

Few alliances these days have the guts to declare a war without a treaty to use as justification,  so if suddenly the neutrals lead the way in beginning to declare on alliances who declare wars they don't agree with, then it would truly be a surprising day in CN.

GPA's charter prohibits aggressive declarations of war outside of protection of their members therefore GPA are hard neutrals.

GOP/WTF/TDO I guess could be regarded as soft neutrals as they remain out of war unless it's in neutrality's interest.

Military clout...neutrals?

Do you remember just how bad GPA were when they were attacked? They didn't even fight back and let their nations burn, and a ton resigned. Pixel hoarders have no clout at all. 

Yes I do remember.  Why don't you guys try and see if they're the same this time round?

Military clout...neutrals?

Do you remember just how bad GPA were when they were attacked? They didn't even fight back and let their nations burn, and a ton resigned. Pixel hoarders have no clout at all.

GPA has some of the toughest fighters in all of the game, I wouldn't exactly claim this one anymore, it was years ago.