The New Delta Squad: War of the Dragons [Semi-OPEN]

jesbro

OOC: Basically unless you guys all want this to be CNRP canon it would probably be better if it was considered non-canon depending on what happens later in the thread.

The plane ride to Tianxia was not comfortable by any means. The battle in Sierra Leone was not over yet but for them it was. They killed Samuel and recovered the artifact before he had a chance to use it. Now they were on their way to meet up with friendly forces hiding in Tianxia and plan a way to end their war against Henry. For the last 5000 years they have been fighting him in the shadows away from the eyes of the humans but to all of them it has gone on long enough. If they did not stop Henry soon he would eventually become too powerful and they would never be able to stop him.

As Jason slept he was holding the medallion they recovered from the museum in Aquitaine before Athens took over. He would have a dream which would give him the answers to all his questions:

Jason was standing in complete whiteness and was confused about where he was and what was going on until a huge Silver dragon easily 5 times his size appeared in front of him. Jason looked up and asked “Who are you.”

In a deep and powerful voice the silver dragon answered. “I am the guardian of the medallion. A piece of the one you know as Bahamut.”

“The creator of the universe. The God of the Dragons.”

He smiled. “That is correct.”

Meanwhile Jason was still a little confused. “What the heck do you want with me?”

“There are many questions you have and I am here to answer them.”

“Well my question right now is how is this possible?”

“The medallions were created long ago before you were even born. At a time when humans and dragons lived in Harmony on planet Earth. The Dragon Gurdians watched over the world and kept peace between the humans and dragons but they could see how fragile the relationship between the 2 species really was. They asked for my help and I answered with the creation of the golden dragon medallions. They were made to bridge the gap between human and dragon relations by allowing humans to be turned into dragons or become dragon guardians.”

“How?”

“If a human was deemed worthy he would face a series of challenges. The challenges varied for each one based on their traits but if they passed they would be given a medallion and while their transformations took place I would give them a series of challenges for their minds to see if they were truly worthy of joining the dragon guardians. If they passed the transformation would be a success and they would have the ability to choose whether they wanted to continue living with the humans as representatives of the dragons with the ability to change between humans and dragon form at will just like you and your father. Or they could join the dragons entirely and become even more powerful but would live with the other dragons of their kind, they also had the ability to turn into human form but they preferred to use their dragon forms instead.”

“By trying to bridge the gap it seems you created more separation instead.”

“For a long time it managed to keep the peace between them but over time the stronger dragons saw the humans and the others they called “half dragons” as inferior. Their leader knew they were stronger so he lead them on a surprise attack against the humans and their dragon guardian allies.”

“It was Henry who was leading them.”

“Yes. He started this war over 5000 years ago and he won’t stop until the humans and dragon guardians are either kneeling down to him or are destroyed.”

“How can I stop that from happening? How do I kill Henry?!”

“The medallions hold the key to your salvation or your destruction but it is up to you to figure out what must be done.”

“How? What do I have to do?!”

“When the time is right you will understand.”

Jason’s dream then ended and he woke up. He had been sleeping in his seat holding the medallion which was around his neck. He thought to himself about what the dream meant and what he would tell the others but he decided to wait and not mention it until the right moment.

OOC: I can understand if you were a little confused by all that. There were 3 factions/species.

Humans: Humanity

Dragon Guardians: Dragons that decided to live with the humans and keep them safe. They are currently lead by Joseph.

Dragons: More powerful than the Dragon Guardians and saw the others as inferior and sought to dominate them through force of will. They are currently lead by Henry.

If you want to get involved if not already than all you need to do is send me a PM or contact me on the #CNRP irc channel.

Edited by jesbro

The last bastion of the Dragon Guardians was located in a cave system in the southern mountains of Tianxia. Once they landed at a nearby airfield they had a long hike to get to the caves. Located in an area extremely hard to get to except by only the most experienced hikers the caves provided an easy place for them to defend if they were attack by Henry and his forces.

Marie fled to the caves after Aquitaine was invaded and taken over by Athens. She didn’t know if Henry had something to do with that surprise attack but she didn’t really care because at the time all she cared about was making it out before it was too late. When the team arrived at the caves she was overjoyed to see Jason again and they shared a long kiss to make up for the time they were apart. Jason had tears of joy. “I thought I lost you when I heard of what Athens did in Aqutiaine.”

She smiled. “Henry is gonna have to try a lot harder than that if he wants to kill me. Speaking of which we have some new info on what Henry has been doing since then.”

“What is it?”

“While I was undercover I had to keep the ruse up that I was a Baroness that wanted to take over all of Aquitaine. Henry respects strength and will help anyone desperate enough to do anything to become stronger and more powerful however and although he had me collecting the artifacts for him he was smart enough to never reveal his true intentions to me about what he planned to use them for. Recently he acquired 2 huge corporations in Cape City that specialized in Military Technology and Genetics and if the reports are true I believe he plans on making some kind of powerful and advanced army to do his bidding. Henry is getting closer to his endgame and soon he will be too powerful for us to stop him unless we find some way to kill him and quick.”

“What is the source of these reports?”

“I have someone working in the genetics lab of Dragon Industries there in Cape City and I can personally vouch for her. I trust her intel and if what she says is true Henry plans on creating some sort of clone army using dragon DNA. Unless we find some way to sabotage it he  will become unstoppable.”

“Lets worry about this one problem at a time. The rest of you are dismissed. Me and Marie have some catching up to do.”

Meanwhile Henry was in his office at the top of the former Apex Biological HQ building when his son came in. Henry looked at him. “Did you find them?”

“Yes father. Our agent was able to place a tracker on their plane before they left. They are in the southern mountains of Tianxia.”

“They have a fortress in the caves of those mountains that is impenetrable but I already have someone on their way there to take care of that. An old friend who has been asleep for the past 5000 years waiting for the right moment to wake up and help us end this war.”

“How is he gonna help us?”

“His orders are to kill as many of them as possible and recover the medallion but leave Jason and his team alive. The medallion is still the key to completing my plan and when we have it Jason and the rest of them will have no choice but to come and try to get it back where they will all fall right into my claws.” His arm had transformed into his black dragon arm as he said that and as he said that last part he closed his fingers and claws into a fist.

Edited by jesbro

Deep beneath the earth an ancient beast was disturbed from its slumber, having been content to lie and rest for over five thousand years the great dragon Nelrath had intended to continue to do so for many more years to come. However, the message he received came from one who was indeed more powerful than himself and to refuse to obey would surely lead to his own demise.

Rising to his full height Nelrath spread his wings wide and tall, their barbed tips grazing the ceiling whilst sheathing and unsheathing his talons. As his body readied itself Nelrath listed to the telepathic message from his old friend. He absorbed both his orders and the knowledge Henry gave him on the progress of the human mortals. He chuckled lightly at his friend's use of a human name and form. Nelrath had never been one to try and fit in among the mortals preferring to rule over them by use of terror and pain but it seemed tales of his exploits had faded into myth and legend.

Well it was time that the humans were reminded just where those legends had come from thought Nelrath with a menacing grin. Pulling his wings in tight the dragon lord made his way through his cavern past his many riches and tributes taken from his slaves and traveled upwards towards the surface until he reached a tunnel exit. He grinned as the first rays of light and heat washed across his scaled frame and unfurling his wings he took to the sky in one great leap and flew up to the heavens.

it felt good to fly once again but it would feel much better to kill once more.    

As the team prepared for the upcoming battle against Henry and his forces in Cape City Jason and Jean had a conversation about what happened and why it had come to this. “The Athens attack on Aquitaine happened so quickly. It started right after you guys arrived in Africa. They came with a huge army and it was clear their goal was to conquer Aquitaine by any means necessary. Our forces put up a valiant defense but it was only a matter of time before they overwhelmed us and surely enough they did. We managed to escape here to Tianxia and after we arrived I came here to meet up with the rest of the Dragon Guardians. We have been trying to get any intel we could on Henry and when we learned he bought the Apex Biological and Strategic Supplies Corporations in Cape City we knew they were getting close to finishing their plans for taking over the world.”

“We will deal with Henry when the time is right. As for Athens invading Aquitaine I don’t think it was Henry behind it but it proves just how unstable the world is right now and how vulnerable the nations are to attacks from Henry and his forces. If we can’t find a way to kill him before he creates his dragon clone army he will be unstoppable.”

Just then they heard a siren blare and over the loudspeakers they heard Joseph call for the team “Jason we need you and your team here in the Command Center at once.”

Jason looked back at Marie. “It sounds like something big is about to happen. We need to go find out what that is.” They both head to the Command Center that was pretty much a war room built into the cave. “What the heck going on?! Why did you call for me?”

John reported about the situation. “We picked up something big on our radar heading straight for us.”

“You sure it isn’t just an airliner flying overhead.”

“We know how one of those would show up on this and it is not quite one of those. I would say this thing at least 15 to 20 ft, probably bigger. It’s signature seems to match that of… NO! It can’t be!”

“What is it John?”

“Nelrath. He was one of Henry’s top Dragon Lords that controlled a lot of their territory at the start of the war over 5000 years ago. He was with Henry when they attacked our Capital yet after the battle when they thought we were all destroyed he vanished. No one really knows what happened but we all thought he was dead.”

“Are you sure it is him?” 

“This equipment has never lied. I am sure of it.”

He looked over at Joseph. “Than our days of hiding are over. If it really is him than Henry’s army won’t be far behind. I want everyone willing and able to fight to get ready near the cave entrance. When he gets here I want us to be ready for him.”

“Jesse. Are you sure you are ready to fight him like this?”

“I’m not really that sure anything much anymore guys. I am sure of one thing though. If we don’t get help soon there won’t be a world left to save.”

Meanwhile Henry (Dragon Name: Zarthos) made sure his forces were ready to support Nelrath when he attacked them. The multiple squads of Dragon soldiers were being brought there by helicopters and would be lead by Henry's son who was the same Mercinary leader who killed the Colonel in Russia after Jason's team left. "Zarthos wants Joseph, Jason, and his squad alive. As for the rest let Nelrath kill them. It's been a while since he had something to eat."

Edited by jesbro

As Henry's forces got closer to the base it became clear they were going to let Nelrath go in first and this made Jason and the others worried. "John what else do you know about him."

"Apparently when Henry was doing his genetic experiments before the war Nelrath was actually one of his test subjects. He was pretty much the runt of his original forces but then somehow Henry made him bigger and much stronger until he became one of Henry's Dragon Lords. His scales are so strong that I don't think bullets will penetrate it at all."

"Well than what do you suggest we do?"

They then heard a loud bang as Nelrath and the rest of Henry's forces broke through the barricades guarding the entrence. "I suggest we run. We can't beat them conventionally."

"That remains to be seen." Jason said as he loaded his weapon for the fight ahead.

Edited by jesbro

• 4 weeks later...

Nelrath dived down and smashed through the first flimsy barricade right into the heart of the group of soldiers on the other side, snapping left and right he tore into their body with his fangs feeling their vital body essences draining int his gullet. He savoured the taste. As the few survivors retreated towards another barricade further to the rear but he had no intention of allowing them to do so. Breathing deeply he conjoured up a wave of fire and unleashed a wave of fire over the fleeing soldiers setting them alight and leaving them to burn on the ground. Striding towards the next barricade he felt Henry informing him that he had to capture a certain man named Joseph and perhaps he would if this Joseph survived his assault. 

They heard the gunfire from the battle in the tunnels and knew that they did not have much time. Jason and the squad wanted to stay and fight but Joseph had other plans for them. “You guys need to get out of here right now. The fate of our entire race and the rest of the world is at stake here. You guys must stop Henry before he unleashes the rest of his army on the world.”

“I’m not leaving you behind. Not again!”

“Than consider it an order. You cannot let that medallion fall into Henry’s hands. If he gets his hands on it he will use its power to make his army unstoppable.”

“What about you? You expect us to just run while you stay here?”

“Yes. I will stay behind with most of our soldiers while you and your squad get the nonfighters out of here which are mostly women and children. Most of them are evacuating on the other side of the cave system where there is a safe zone Henry’s forces will not be able to get to. Once you guys are safe we will collapse the tunnels behind you to make sure Nelrath and the rest of them can’t follow you. You guys need to go now!”

“Come on Jason we have to go!” Shouted Marie as the squad began running though the tunnels in the direction Joseph told them to go. Once they all got to a certain point Joseph activated some explosives behind them to close the tunnels behind them.

After that he went to join the rest of the soldiers fighting near the main entrance.

Once the squad made it out of the other side of the cave system they were in a valley surrounded by mountains but had many trees and green fields with shiny buildings scattered around the entire valley. “What is this place?” Jason asked.

“It was one of our race’s most closely guarded secrets. Eventually some humans did find out about it but to the rest of them this place is just a myth. They called it Shangri-La.

• 2 weeks later...

The fighting in the tunnels that were not collapsed was brutal. Eventually the Dragon Guardians were forced into a last stand situation where they would either surrender or die. Joseph knew Henry would honor their surrender after witnessing it in the past. They would be captured but he knew Henry still wanted them alive for some reason, and if this was how it was going to end for him he wanted to find out what that reason was.

Nelrath was about to charge their position and finish them off but before he could their leader Jake (Henry's son) told him to stop. "My father wants them alive. I shouldn't need to remind you what would happen should you not listen."

Meanwhile on the other side of the collapsed tunneles Jason and the rest of them were walking into the valley surrounded by the tall mountains of the Himalayas as Marie explained what the place was. "For the past 5000 years this has been the last bastion of our race. It is the only place in the world that only Dragons can get to and even then we have other defenses in place to make sure noone comes in without us knowing about it."

Jason still didn't quite believe all of it. "How come the humans have not found this place?"

Marie continued to answer. "Before the time of the Tianxia Empire we have had peaceful and friendly relations with the Buddist Monks that lived in the region. They were alowed through the caves and into this Oasis within the mountains. As for Tianxia any planes and helicopters they send would be too big to make it through the many extremely narrow mountain passes without crashing. Those same mountain passes are also way too steep for soldiers or anyone else to make it through either. The only way they could have made it through was the tunnles and now those have been destroyed. There is only one way in and out now."

Jason finished for her. "Our wings. No wonder none of the humans have made it here. It was made so that only Dragons could make it over the passes."

"Correct. We can leave at any time but getting back to your plane might be a problem. Chances are that Henry's forces might have found it."

John the corrected that. "Actually they haven't. Howard wanted to stay with the plane and I was able to contact him right before the tunnles collapsed. Henry's forces were not at the plane yet but he could see some of them heading his way."

"Than we don't have much time. We need to get there before Henry's forces do." They all then spread their wings. "Lets fly!" They all leaped into the air and began flying towards the mountain airfield their plane was at.

OOC: The parts after this post are going to be concurrent with the events in the Operation: Awakening thread. Just like with what happened during the civil war in Sierra Leone the threads may or may not effect each other directly but considering how Henry will playing a part in the defense of the Downtown area of Cape City they probably will.

Jason and his squad of Dragons flew as fast as they could to the airstrip where their plane was. Howard was already taking cover inside the plane shooting at Henry's forces through the open windows. "Dammit if John was here he could probably get the plane's weapon systems online and wipe them out." Just as Howard said that he noticed Henry's forces were all of a sudden getting shot at from a different angle. He looked over and saw Jason and the rest of them approaching while firing their weapons and Henry's troops as they fled the area.

As they all got inside the plane they noticed a small private jet with engines that could be put into hover positions take off and quickly get out of sight. A while later the plane was in the air on its way to their next destination as the team planned their next move. "Jason, That was probably their leader and I can bet they have your father on board as well." said Marie as she looked over at Jason who's face was red with anger.

"Yes it was. They are heading to Cape City to bring him to Henry. That is where you said he was right?"

"Yes Jason but we have another problem. The city is currently under attack by the newly emerged Dominion of Draka. Why does that name sound familiar? Apparently they have a dragon as their coat of arms and everything."

Jason was not as convinced "A dragon themed nation all of a sudden coming into existance and attacking the city right after we find out Henry is hiding there cannot just be a mere coincidence. Before we get there I want you guys to find out everything you can about them and the people that are leading them. I dont care if they are supposedly our allies that have finally come out of hiding or enemies that will try to stop us. I want to know everything about them before we get to Cape City!"

"Yes sir."

Meanwhile on the other Private Jet also on it's way to Cape City, Henry's son Jake was sitting down with Joseph who surprisingly was not being tied up or anything. "My father has been wanting to speak with you for some time now Uncle Joseph. He wants to know about the medallion and what you have to do with the new Dominion of Draka that is now attacking the city he is in!"

"Whether I have anything to do with that is not for me to tell. Like Henry I also had agents spread across the world waiting for the right moment to strike and end this war once and for all. I am not saying they are with me but you have to admit that the timing for their attack is perfect. I don't know what it is you and your father are planning with the medallion but I can say that Jason and his squad will stop you. One way or the other this battle in Cape City will be the Beginning of the End."

Edited by jesbro

Since most of the airports in Cape City had been shut down or destroyed in the first missle attack by Drakan forces Jake had the hoverlet land on the roof on Henry's HQ in the middle of the Downtown area of Cape City. Smoke rose from the city around them as fires from the buildings the missles hit raged with fury. "I hope this is what you wanted Joseph! Killing innocent people for your own agenda is a great way to damn your soul to hell."

"Are you and Henry any different?! You have been killing innocent people all over the world since this war started 5000 years ago."

"My father actually cares about the people of this city. You and those that follow you are just too blind to see it!"

"Now you know how we felt when Henry destroyed our city at the start of the war. If anyone will be burning in hell after this is all over it is going to be you!"

Jake pushed him forward as they made their way to Henry's office on the floor just below the roof. Henry was looking out the huge window behind his desk at the city in flames around him. Deep down he knew the War of the Dragons between him and Joseph was almost over. The question that remained was how the war would actually end and who would be the last one standing when it was over. He heard Jake push Joseph into the room and close the door behind him. It was just Henry and Joseph in the room now but Henry continued to stare out the window. "This world is a fragile and unstable place. Wars are started just as soon as they are finished and for the last 5000 years the only thing this world has known is endless wars whether they be big ones or small ones. The humans are a violent race where the strongest fight for control over the weak, but what they have failed to realize is that there are those hiding among them even stronger than they could ever imagine. The Drakan Empire started out as a small groupe of people in southern Africa that wanted to change the world and now their empire has expanded to cover most of southern Africa. You think it is a coincidense that they have a Dragon on their flag and coat of arms? You think it is a coincidense that their empire is named after our race?! There is more going on than what it may seem and we all have our parts to play in Bahamut's plan for the world."

"You are right." Joseph said. "He does have a plan for all of us. But whether the Drakanians (OOC: Best plural name I could come up with for them) are a part of it remains to be seen."

"Ah but they do have a part of it Joseph. Because I know it was you that caused them to attack in the first place. I know it was you Joseph so now would be a good time for you to please explain!"

OOC: Honestly didn't see the Drakan attack on Cape City coming but this goes great for the story wihile still staying with what the Drakan leaders said about getting reports of starvation and poverty in Cape City.

Flashback told by Joseph: Just before your attack on the caves in the Himalayas of Tianxia I was busy sending a message to the Drakan government. We knew you were hiding out in Cape City and had not only your own army protecting you but the Cape City defense forces as well. I knew that something had to be done to make you and your army more vulnerable so I sent them false but believable reports about the starvation and poverty in the city saying it was much worse than it actually is. The Drakan Empire already wanted to attack the city. They just needed a good reason so that they could explain their motives to the rest of the world, and so I gave them that reason. End of Flashback.

"So the entire reason this city is now under attack by them was so you could pave the way for your son and his squad to get to me. Sorry to dissapoint you but it is going to take a lot more than that in order to get through my defenses. My Dragon army is already spread throughout the Downtown area waiting for your forces to attack, and with Nelrath and Jake leading them there will be nothing you can do to get past them."

"Well than I guess we will just have to wait and see."

As the battle for Cape City continued to rage on Henry could see the city might not be able to hold out forever. "The forces of Draka are much stronger than we originally thought. Almost as if... no it would be impossible."

"What is it Henry? Your army not as strong as you claimed it to be?!" Joseph said mockingly as he looked at Henry.

"There is something about these Drakan's that is not natural. The way they fight, how strong they are, they are more like us than they are human."

"There were more dragon tribes than just yours and mine. Perhaps you really did not defeat them all as you originally thought. The way their flags and coat of arms is themed around dragons could mean I am right and if so this whole war may not be about poverty and starvation. This could mean they are really coming for you."

Meanwhile Jason and his squad were in their plane getting ready to jump into the city. John ave them the intel they needed on the Drakan's and Henry's forces. "The Drakan's rose up pretty quickly for a human civilization and quickly began a war of conquest in South Africa. Apparently their soldiers have been "trained to their limit" and are much stronger than other humans, more agile, and think a lot more strategicly as well kind of similar to our race."

"You think it is possible they are really dragons as well but have disguised themselves from the other human nations similar to what we are doing?"

"Besides what I told you I have no real evidence to support that theory but it still is a possibility."

"OK John I want you to stay up here in the plane and provide us more intel during our mission. The rest of us will jump out and eventually using our wings we will land right on top of his HQ and rescue my father." Jason, Walter, Howard, and Jean jumped out of the plane and turned into their dragon forms. They would then use their wings to glide to the roof of Henry's HQ.

Meanwhile Henry knew the battle was not one they would be able to win. He contacted Nelrath and ordered him to move his soldiers to their Jungle facility to the north of the city away from the conflict. They would move during the night and no one would be able to see them move into the jungles. Henry also evacuated the building of all non-essential workers and told them to get to shelters before the real battle for the city began. "Wether they are dragons or not Joseph you have to see that they are not a threat to only me. If they really are dragons than they wont stop until they control the entire continent one way or another. If we were to join forces we could stop them before that happens."

"You had your chance Henry and instead you destroyed our entire civilization with your thirst for power. I will never join you and will die before I ever decide to."

Just then they heard a loud explosion which caused that whole part of the building to shake. Jason and his squad blew open the door on the roof and were making their way down to where Henry and Joseph were killing any of Henry's soldiers that tried to stop them. When they got to the large hallway before the doors to Henry's office they found his son Jake waiting for them. Walter and Howard wanted to take him out themselves. "You go and get Henry Jason. We'll stay here at take care of him." Jason went through the doors and both Walter and Howard charged at Jake who punched them both in the stomech and pushed them down. As they layed there unconcious he looked at Jean. "Now its just you and me."

• 2 weeks later...

As Jean fought Jake in the other part of the building Jason went through the doors to Henry's office ready for whatever was waiting for him. When he got into the office Joseph looked up at him and asked "What the heck took you so long?!"

Jason looked at him and answered. "There was a lot of traffic. Apparently there is another war going on in case you didn't notice it." Jason still had his gun pointed right at Henry ready to shoot him at any moment. "Hello Henry. It has been a while since we last saw each other in person."

"Hello Jason. I know exactly why you are here and I also know that nothing you do here will change anything. There is more going on than you know and we are all pawns in someone else's game. There is more to the Drakan's than what we all know and I'm afraid unless we do something about it they will take over everything, not just this city."

"Well unfortunately for you that is none of my concern. In fact they could take over the entire world for all I care. I am here for you Henry and there is nothing you can do to stop me this time."

"Killing me will not help you save the world Jason. No matter what happens here the strong will continue to kill the weak and eventually all the weak nations of the world will be wiped out one by one until there is only 1 left standing in the end and even then they will continue to kill each other until they drive their own race extinct. And once that happens I intend to make sure that our race is still alive in the end to take back what was once ours. This whole war has been about me and my forces trying to survive but you and your father keep on trying to kill us because of some false accusation about what happened in the past. I was not the one who destroyed our city long ago but was in fact the one who was trying to stop it."

"I saw you there Henry. You were directing your forces outside the city as the bomb went off."

"Because we were trying to fight another enemy. We are all pawns in some other person's game and unless we do something about it they will eventually kill us all."

"Who are "they" Who is it that you mean? You really think that the Drakan's are trying to take over the world and that they are somehow related to whoever you claim really destroyed our city over 5000 years ago?!"

"Everything he has said so far seems to be truthful Jason." Joseph said. "He has nothing to gain by lying to us now."

"What about when he attacked our forces in Shangri-La?! How is he supposed to explain the slaughtering of thousands on innocents?!"

"That was not me. Jake's orders were to talk to Joseph and have him come meet me here but then he said something went wrong and that your forces opened fire on him first!"

"That was a lie." Joseph said. "Your forces fired on the caves first and killed many in that first attack before we were able to fight back. It is how it has been for the past 5000 years Henry, Your forces have been hunting us down to extinction!"

"Those have never been my orders, in fact many of the times I have actually ordered them to help you find those artifacts. They have always been helping you in the shadows but have nevertried to kill you unless... Oh no!"

"Unless Jake has been with those that destroyed our city the entire time and we were all to stupid to realize it. Come on."

Meanwhile Jake and Jean had been locked in hand to hand combat ever since Jason went into Henry's office. Jake was able to push her down and then pick her up with one arm and was about to break her neck with his hand when Jason speared him from behind and pushed him up against a wall and pointed his pistol at Jake's head. "Who was it that really ordered you to attack us. Who is it that you really work for."

Jake just gave him an evil smile. "I am surprised that it took you all this long to figure out that it wasn't really my father behind this war. What I can tell you is that they are more powerful than any of you can even imagine and that there is nothing you can do to stop them."

Jason was not about to let up. "Who is it that you work for. Who or what are they?!"

"Hmph You are just going to have to wait for that answer just like everyone else. They will reveal their true intentions to the rest of the world eventually and when they do no one will be able to stop us." Jake then gave a huge headbut to Jason and ran for the door. Jason took a few shots at him but they all missed and soon Jake jumped out the window, turned into his dragon form, and flew away from the city."

Meanwhile Henry knew it was not over yet. "Do not bother chasing after him. He is long gone. What we must do now is prepare for what is to come. Whoever he is working for will not be able to stay in hiding for long and sooner or later they will reveal their true forms to the rest of the world."

"So you really think that the Drakan's are a part of all this?"

"Until we can prove that they have nothing to do with it anything is possible and I am afraid that if I am right than the whole world will be in serious danger."