A Modern Foreign Affairs Primer

The Zigur

Yeah that pretty much proves you weren't involved in anything

The only thing Vox needed to target was NPOs hegemonic ideology, which is where I focused my energy, and seizing the red senate (which also targeted the hegemonic ideology essentially). The warfare and such was fun, but most of the other stuff Vox did was fruitless in the long run. It certainly had no desire or ability to affect the MK hegemony that followed. So yes, I had no desire to involve myself in Vox's lesser efforts.

Vox ended up being an incomplete revolution, mostly due to its retarded members and arrogant moralism. I dont intend to repeat that scenario again. Edited by Tywin Lannister

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started with me and MegaAros, and expanded to Doitzel and from there every PZI leader we could find, which was quite a few given the time. It certainly had an air of legitimacy from the beginning, and it showed based off the massive influx of members. 

Loki is Loki. No relation whatsoever.

I never said Loki's attempts were comparable, I was just pointing out its ridiculous for Tywin to portray any rogue behavior as always bad when Vox itself started off as rogues. Vox gained popularity and traction, but in its beginning it was started by rogues leading the way in opposing the current power structure and political norms. I don't mean to downplay your achievements and had a favorable view of Vox. The point was sometimes rogues are the first to do what others want to do, but have political ties holding them back. Many wanted to defeat NPO long before Vox and viewed Vox's appearance as making that more possible, but nobody made any real definite moves against NPO after the Unjust War until after Vox had been labeled rogues for a while.

He did what he did because of the injustices committed by GOONS and the unwillingness of major alliances to move against them, due to GOONS being a tech farm for some of the major players.

To the dismay of every umbrellan and paradoxian the goons don't farm tech for us.

Even if he didn't win, he stood up for his beliefs and what he thought was right. He made a more clear point on what he stood for than all these countless threads you've made with his actions. If you think fighting for what he believed in does so he either deserves to be forced into deletion or give up all his dignity, then I pity you. Wars occur all the time and the defeated are almost never made to give up all their dignity, just an admission of defeat or surrender should be enough. Being forced into begging for mercy on a board as they jerk you around for their own amusement is uncalled for.

On the contrary there's nothing noble about the retarded antics of loki and others in his vain who think holding up the mantle of a crusade relieves you from responsibility or the reality of making tough choices. Actions have consequences and if the mercy board has a function it is as a deterrent to destructive and uncounseled acts of symbolism. If you don't want to recant, or cede your moral authority in an act of contrition to those you have wronged then don't attack GOONS. Edited by iamthey

To the dismay of every umbrellan and paradoxian the goons don't farm tech for us.

On the contrary there's nothing noble about the retarded antics of loki and others in his vain who think holding up the mantle of a crusade relieves you from responsibility or the reality of making tough choices. Actions have consequences and if the mercy board has a function it is as a deterrent to destructive and uncounseled acts of symbolism. If you don't want to recant, or cede your moral authority in an act of contrition to those you have wronged then don't attack GOONS.

You still keep them around despite them no longer providing tech? GOONS are your Achilles heel, regardless of how high standards TOP and Umbrella hold themselves to in their behavior, if GOONS are part of your power structure more people will continue to be drawn to oppose it. Without GOONS, TOP and Umbrella would have some of the best reputation in CN. However when you bunch GOONS in there with you, people can't separate you guys staying in power and GOONS staying in power.

GOONS claim the mercy board is usually just MS Paint, but that is BS. All they gave me were lengthy writting assignments in which I needed to portray myself in a very negative manner. I drew them some art in MS Paint as a gesture of willing to do the MS Paint they claim is so easy to get off the mercy board with. Although they rejected and gave no option similar to anything like MS Paint.

So while when the public eye is on them, they will often offer a MS Paint or something of that nature to try proving the critics who says its bad wrong, but for many nations who simply fight back against a raid and get directed to the Mercy Board; there is no easy way out and for a new nation without connections to hep them out of the situation they are left with a bad impression of the game community and leave. My first war with GOONS didn't start because I attacked them without reason, they were driving a small micro alliance to deletion who didn't want to partake in the mercy board. Even when one of the nations tried joining my alliances, GOONS kept pursing him until he deleted. Me providing assistance to this victimized nation was the start of my conflict with GOONS and that nation didn't choose to attack GOONS. They only fought back when attacked.

Edited by Methrage

You still keep them around despite them no longer providing tech? GOONS are your Achilles heel, regardless of how high standards TOP and Umbrella hold themselves to in their behavior, if GOONS are part of your power structure more people will continue to be drawn to oppose it. Without GOONS, TOP and Umbrella would have some of the best reputation in CN. However when you bunch GOONS in there with you, people can't separate you guys staying in power and GOONS staying in power.

GOONS claim the mercy board is usually just MS Paint, but that is BS. All they gave me were lengthy writting assignments in which I needed to portray myself in a very negative manner. I drew them some art in MS Paint as a gesture of willing to do the MS Paint they claim is so easy to get off the mercy board with. Although they rejected and gave no option similar to anything like MS Paint.

So while when the public eye is on them, they will often offer a MS Paint or something of that nature to try proving the critics who says its bad wrong, but for many nations who simply fight back against a raid and get directed to the Mercy Board; there is no easy way out and for a new nation without connections to hep them out of the situation they are left with a bad impression of the game community and leave. My first war with GOONS didn't start because I attacked them without reason, they were driving a small micro alliance to deletion who didn't want to partake in the mercy board. Even when one of the nations tried joining my alliances, GOONS kept pursing him until he deleted. Me providing assistance to this victimized nation was the start of my conflict with GOONS and that nation didn't choose to attack GOONS. They only fought back when attacked.

Why are you harping on this, when you just said all this:

[...]you guys no longer always seek reps from all those who declare on you in defense of allies, as you ended that practice in the previous war with GOD[...] Since then your worst of practices have declined over time, so I think you guys no longer qualify as being as being among the top evil alliances[...] No longer do I need to or have a desire to put an end to your evil, as I think you guys have changed to no longer represent the evil I once opposed[...] You guys softening your bad practices I think are an improvement, but if you guys are already reducing bad behavior on your own now. My work is done.

I had my own run-in with GOONS right before Mushqaeda, and although I never used to be a fan of theirs, I saw they were seeking to reform in the light of MK's reign coming to an end. So why keep bringing up the past? The only motive I can read from your behavior and Loki's behavior is continued vindictiveness over the past, but if even you agree they are changing, why harp on it? Such thoughts are only destructive and regressive in nature.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

To be fair, you weren't let off easy because of your OWF posting and you weren't following instructions on the mercy boards. For the most part, as long as you abide by mercy board rules and put in some effort, the terms are going to be pretty simple. But no, somebody decided they wanted to go the drama queen route

To be fair, you weren't let off easy because of your OWF posting and you weren't following instructions on the mercy boards. For the most part, as long as you abide by mercy board rules and put in some effort, the terms are going to be pretty simple. But no, somebody decided they wanted to go the drama queen route

You can't expect someone to write a creative story, while having what the story is about restricted to the author portraying himself as something he despises. What you guys wanted me to write I wouldn't of even written for a college course even if it meant getting an F. You gave an awful storyline outline and expected me to work with that despite everything you wanted included being what you likely knew I despised. I still don't believe you guys were ever really sincere in your mercy board offer at the time, but purposely chose something you knew I wouldn't be willing to do.

Edited by Methrage

You can't expect someone to write a creative story, while having what the story is about restricted to the author portraying himself as something he despises. What you guys wanted me to write I wouldn't of even written for a college course even if it meant getting an F.

My god dude... Get a sense of humor. And maybe if you weren't such a drama queen about that whole thing, the terms wouldn't have been harsh. Though frankly, that play should have been a piece of cake for you to do.

My god dude... Get a sense of humor. And maybe if you weren't such a drama queen about that whole thing, the terms wouldn't have been harsh. Though frankly, that play should have been a piece of cake for you to do.

If i recall correctly you wanted me to write a play about a narc, but then somehow make it about me narcing out whoever sent me secret aid while incorporating that into the "story" about drugs or some nonsense. Terms like that aren't even worth being discussed and i never looked back. Not only did you want me give up my dignity, but also sell out my friends.

If I had even given completing those terms serious thought, I might as well of deleted then, as even I would of despised myself had I done that.

I seem to remeber being told to eat dog food as soon as I came on the boards. Stop trying to act like you're "reforming". You couldn't take the bad PR, just admit it.

Lies again Loki. Fancy Feast is cat food. Though, there are reasons why you are treated so badly from the start, like your infamous history with GOONS.
And what reforming are you talking about? GOONS have been consistent in regards to mercy board practices. Basically, if you act like a drama princess, you are going to be treated as such.

Lies again Loki. Fancy Feast is cat food. Though, there are reasons why you are treated so badly from the start, like your infamous history with GOONS.
And what reforming are you talking about? GOONS have been consistent in regards to mercy board practices. Basically, if you act like a drama princess, you are going to be treated as such.

I mean all this talk about GOONS reforming. Who are you fooling, us or yourselves?

I mean all this talk about GOONS reforming. Who are you fooling, us or yourselves?

No one really. I told you my response... GOONS are pretty consistent especially in the way they treat people that whine. To be frank though, I think you are fooling yourself trying to play victim during this whole thing. I guarantee that you will get far worse PR than GOONS because of your little stunt Edited by Hamilmania

No one really. I told you my response... GOONS are pretty consistent especially in the way they treat people that whine. To be frank though, I think you are fooling yourself trying to play victim during this whole thing. I guarantee that you will get far worse PR than GOONS because of your little stunt

If he was a former member of GOONS, I think his PR can only go up from there. :P