Anyone Want to Start an Alliance?

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem you're going to run into by not having the experience running an alliance is that you're going to have to rely heavily on those that do. It's a lot of work running an alliance, and you'll find very few people who find it desirable to keep things running for extended lengths of time. Life happens, people move on, etc... When you start an alliance you have to be prepared to be the one that keeps everything moving forward. Without telling anyone much about your vision, you'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to do all the grunt work and still follow you. They could just as easily start up their own alliance, because they don't need you. By not waiting until you have a solid foundation of how to run an alliance you run the risk of being couped or having problems with your members respecting you. How many alliances have come and gone? My advice is to take your time to learn. If you have a problem following orders in other AA's, how can you expect folks to follow you?

The problem you're going to run into by not having the experience running an alliance is that you're going to have to rely heavily on those that do. It's a lot of work running an alliance, and you'll find very few people who find it desirable to keep things running for extended lengths of time. Life happens, people move on, etc... When you start an alliance you have to be prepared to be the one that keeps everything moving forward. Without telling anyone much about your vision, you'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to do all the grunt work and still follow you. They could just as easily start up their own alliance, because they don't need you. By not waiting until you have a solid foundation of how to run an alliance you run the risk of being couped or having problems with your members respecting you. How many alliances have come and gone? My advice is to take your time to learn. If you have a problem following orders in other AA's, how can you expect folks to follow you?

If you want more details PM me, I don't want to talk too much on here. How many times do I have to say this? I've yet to find an alliance that shares my vision, therefore I'm trying to start my own.

I've come to a point that I've realized that I'll never get anywhere if I don't start my own alliance. It's hard to influence people in an established alliance, especially if your a small nation.

I just wanted to point out that this isn't true at all. It may depend on the culture of your alliance to a degree, but I find nation size has very little influence over this.

Join Mi6.  You'll go far.

No, no he wouldn't. Doubt he would even make it past one page of our application process before rage-quitting and vowing to include us in his little "revolution".

I brought an entire alliance to a standstill by myself with no help from anyone, I've been at war for the past couple of months which explains why my nation is a wreck, and before that my nation was very prosperous. Don't run your mouth off if you don't know anything.

What alliance was that exactly?

You are only in the concept stage right now. You have established that you want a revolution, and you want to lead it, but you haven't stated what kind of alliance this will be, who you would want to join it, and what it will do differently than any other. It's rather half baked, no?

That describes everything he does. I don't even think he has ever had a fully-baked concept since he began CN.

Either way, I'm looking for experienced people who can help me put everything together since I've never done this before. I have the ideas, I just need the people.

It sounds like you want experienced people to run around and do the legwork for you while you bask in the glory of leading a revolution. That doesn't make for a very effective recruiting tactic, or for very effective alliance leadership.

People aren't going to do anything for you if they don't share your vision. You'll need to convince those experienced people you're looking for of the righteousness of your case, or (and this would be my advice) find people in your revolutiony threads that have been sympathetic, and try to bring them along for the ride.

You have no skills in recruiting, diplomacy, education, or economics. You are also thin-skinned and temperamental from all your posts on CN. You have absolutely no leadership qualities. You've burned too many bridges. I can guarantee that you'll never amount to anything besides that annoying guy that posts way too much on the CN forums.

You're better off concentrating on RL than trying to reinvent yourself for a game.

You have no skills in recruiting, diplomacy, education, or economics. You are also thin-skinned and temperamental from all your posts on CN. You have absolutely no leadership qualities. You've burned too many bridges. I can guarantee that you'll never amount to anything besides that annoying guy that posts way too much on the CN forums.

You're better off concentrating on RL than trying to reinvent yourself for a game.

I'm sorry who are you again?

I'm sorry who are you again?

Someone who hasn't pissed off every person s/he has met. And you can't ask that question. Its pretty much reserved for the "somebodies" of this game. You are not a somebody. You are barely an inchworm on the great garden of Bob.

Someone who hasn't pissed off every person s/he has met. And you can't ask that question. Its pretty much reserved for the "somebodies" of this game. You are not a somebody. You are barely an inchworm on the great garden of Bob.

What have I done to piss you off? I don't even know you.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

It sounds like you want experienced people to run around and do the legwork for you while you bask in the glory of leading a revolution. That doesn't make for a very effective recruiting tactic, or for very effective alliance leadership.

That's why I don't recruit, it's more fun to simply do it all on my own.

What have I done to piss you off? I don't even know you.

You don't know me but I know you. It isn't hard to figure out a person if you just watch them on the OWF. You have ignored every piece of good advice given to you. You simply don't fully grasp what it is we do here and you part in it. Another thing is you always talk of revolution but lack every skill needed for it. When people gave you advice about how to actually play to win you ignored and went off to do more dumb things. Now I one of the biggest reason why I don't like you is because you are trying to bring others down with you. Case and point this thread. You are a noob. Admit it. And then maybe you can finally grow.

You don't know me but I know you. It isn't hard to figure out a person if you just watch them on the OWF. You have ignored every piece of good advice given to you. You simply don't fully grasp what it is we do here and you part in it. Another thing is you always talk of revolution but lack every skill needed for it. When people gave you advice about how to actually play to win you ignored and went off to do more dumb things. Now I one of the biggest reason why I don't like you is because you are trying to bring others down with you. Case and point this thread. You are a noob. Admit it. And then maybe you can finally grow.

If you honestly think anyone is serious on the OWF then you're a bigger noob then you claim I am.

And no you don't know me so shut your mouth.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Best of luck with this Loki! I understand you are gathering people to come up with a plan to create a hopefully lasting and meaningful alliance. Also that in time a plan will be discussed in which will be used in it's development. 

Live long and prosper,

Dorian

Edited by lococnc

Best of luck with this Loki! I understand you are gathering people to come up with a plan to create a hopefully lasting and meaningful alliance. Also that in time a plan will be discussed in which will be used in it's development. 

Live long and prosper,

Dorian

Thanks man, I appreciate it.