A Look at the Top 80 Alliances and their respective Spheres

Saxplayer

Number of WRC's might be interesting. Actually, how many nukes the alliance can buy per day overall - NS comes and goes like you say, but a 3mil NS alliance that can buy and fire say, 50 nukes is going to be at a disadvantage against a 2mil alliance that can buy and fire 75 nukes.

Aye. Potential damage should be a weighted metric, at least for non-neutrals. That includes WRCs, MPs, technology, land, etc. Likewise, it would be even cooler to divide these stats into different tiers. While most alliances will likely never have the top tier DBDC has, others may be more specialized at, say, the lower tier or middle tiers. NS, and ultimately score, can be manipulated too easily and don't tell the entire story of an alliance's statistical strengths. DBDC, for instance, would dominate in the top tier but really suck balls in the low tier for pretty obvious reasons.

I wouldn't. Considering Duckroll seems to be the only thing driving AIs FA atm.

I'm not an expert on AI foreign affairs but I would say this is objectively wrong since they recently sided against IRON and Argent (and maybe someone else?) Edited by Neo Uruk

Land doesn't increase damage potential, it only increases the amount of damage that can be done to you?

You get slight ground battle defense and counter-espionage bonuses with the more land you have. While it doesn't increase damage, it can help to mitigate some damage coming your way, especially when it comes to protecting your nuke stock. Edited by SpacingOutMan

You get slight ground battle defense and counter-espionage bonuses with the more land you have. While it doesn't increase damage, it can help to mitigate some damage coming your way.

If I had to guess, there's like 30-40 nations in the game with a significant enough amount of land for that to matter. Everyone else gets their land nuked off early lol.

If I had to guess, there's like 30-40 nations in the game with a significant enough amount of land for that to matter. Everyone else gets their land nuked off early lol.

Perhaps. For what it's worth, at my size my land adds 214 to my counter-spy ops odds, whatever that means (very odd equation).

Perhaps. For what it's worth, at my size my land adds 214 to my counter-spy ops odds, whatever that means (very odd equation).

Yeah, but your tech adds a crapload more and is a lot less vulnerable. Land's one of those easy to crunch stats like score and NS I guess is my point.

I feel as if the majority of these threads of power spheres are based solely on treaty ties MDP treaties specifically where in reality the individual relationships held by an alliances much would portay these spheres much more accurately. Tho this poses a dilemma for those who arent as knowledgeable about those specifics as others. I guess going by treaties is as close as we can get.

OGs closest (and only afaik) is to UCR who is the main signatory of DL. So i would leave that as it is.

Union Of Communist Republics is but one of our friends. While we like the folks over at DL our friendship with them is not as strong as our friendship with UCR.

At the very top you can raid more land* than what can be nuked, unless your opponents also turtle on the ground (no spoils) or they have no (purchased) land at all. This means that a top nation's land has a good chance of growing indefinitely through war, continuing to increase that nation's soldier count and income and without any significant negative feedback.

While tech has a significant negative feedback over a certain (anyway "insanely" high) level, because it increases the military costs to a "theoretically" unsustainable level, more land is indefinitely better.

In short, up to a certain point land is a weaker-per-level stat than tech, but massively large quantities of land are a good thing for your nation. The best thing you can have on both the military and economic standpoint. No negatives and self-sustaining in an "inflationary" way (as long as in your range you have targets with land).

* Especially if you can field a very large ground army (which a lot of land helps you get) and you thus win all/almost all your GAs.

I wouldn't. Considering Duckroll seems to be the only thing driving AIs FA atm.

Sounds legit. I mean, it's not like Ai has remained a stalwart ally of the NPO. Nor does it seem to be the case that the rest of Duckroll just finished oA-ing themselves into a war over protecting Polar from the plots of NSO and NG extracting a pound of flesh from NPO, whom their not-a-blocmate was already defending.

Yep. Ai foreign affairs are driven entirely by Duckroll.

Sounds legit. I mean, it's not like Ai has remained a stalwart ally of the NPO. Nor does it seem to be the case that the rest of Duckroll just finished oA-ing themselves into a war over protecting Polar from the plots of NSO and NG extracting a pound of flesh from NPO, whom their not-a-blocmate was already defending.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't/aren't a good ally to NPO but rather DR is currently politically active and considering your membership there it is driving (i.e. effecting) your FA moreso than your NPO tie. That is to say most alliances are making moves based on IRONs position atm (if you believe the rumor mill) and considering your direct tie to them you destined to their fate.

EDIT: I used the word "fate" for lack of a better word; negative connotation unintentional. 

EDIT2: After quick glance at the wiki it looks like you guys are not allied? But according to this (the image I used when making OP) you are... so idk. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Didn't Molon Labe sit out this war?

I didn't mean to imply you weren't/aren't a good ally to NPO but rather DR is currently politically active and considering your membership there it is driving (i.e. effecting) your FA moreso than your NPO tie. That is to say most alliances are making moves based on IRONs position atm (if you believe the rumor mill) and considering your direct tie to them you destined to their fate.

EDIT: I used the word "fate" for lack of a better word; negative connotation unintentional. 

EDIT2: After quick glance at the wiki it looks like you guys are not allied? But according to this (the image I used when making OP) you are... so idk. 

You stated outright that the only thing driving Ai foreign affairs is Duckroll. Seeing as we just (a half and three months ago) went to war for not-Duckroll, and fought on the opposite side of Duckroll, it seems fair to state that there is more than Duckroll driving our foreign affairs.

If you wish to refresh yourself on the treaties held by Ai, the canonical listing is in our forum (section should be visible to public, but does not seem to be at the moment), or alternately the CN Wiki page. Unfortunately, a MSPaint diagram of our treaty ties is not planned.

Didn't Molon Labe sit out this war?

Seems a very sensible position to me.