Meeting with the King

lkfht

The United Republic of Ireland and the Norse Kingdom have decided to have diplomatic discussions in the name of improving bilateral relations.

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Russell Charton would fly to the capital, Copenhagen to meet with the Norse King and other officials to discuss a variety of topics. Upon entering the King's office, Deputy Foreign Minister Charton would bow to the King and say, "Your highness it is my honor to meet you today. I hope our two countries may work together to address a variety of issues and exchange permanent representatives."

"Minister, welcome to Copenhagen, I trust your stay here will be comfortable. Being the first Irish citizen to enter the Kingdom since the bans were put in place must be a huge responsibility for you." said Frederik politely in English as he took his seat.

"What issues does Ireland believe need discussing?"

"Thank you your highness for allowing me to come to your country on behalf of the United Republic. I would like to discuss several topics some of which are the possibility of lifting the travel and trading restrictions on Irish citizens and entities so as to improve our bilateral relations and economic cooperation. Increased domestic security protocols and programs have been put in place so as to avoid another incident again. We have also taken steps to secure our airspace and monitor air traffic within our borders. I would also like to discuss oil claims in the North Sea and possible military cooperation."

"Excellent Minister, although I will make clear right now, that there will be zero military co-operation at this time. Simple partnerships of any type take years to foster and develop, military ones more so than others for obvious reasons. For instance, I would not have taken my Kingdom to war in Europe if myself and Chancellor Muller had not spent days at a time across many years in meetings and establishing working relationships. So let us take baby steps at repairing our damaged relationship to begin with, and see how we progress over the course of our diplomatic connections." responded Frederik, taking a long pull on his cigar and breathing out the deep blue smoke slowly.

"So long as your claims are concurrent with the previous owners of Albion, then there is no issue, I am sure the paperwork will be in the Whitehall records in London or on a digital record which I am sure is easily accessed. However, I would like to press the point that safety and environmental standards must be of the highest quality for the exploitation of natural resources and any incidents must be punished most severely either through heavy fines or prosecution. The same applies to fishing.

Whilst what is fished within Irish waters is your issue, and yours alone, overfishing affects the North Sea as a whole, so I urge Ireland to adopt quotas for the number of fish caught in order to sustain the population of fish for future generations" he finished, once again taking a long pull and exhaling.

"As for lifting travel and trade restrictions, that will not be happening all at once. I am happy to authorize the lifting of trade restrictions, on the condition that all crew members who are on board a vessel remain in the port during the vessels stay. Likewise with airborne freight. Travel restrictions will not be lifted for the moment. Unless of course, you can give me a good reason why I should permit citizens of a nation who was allied to a nation the Norse have recently fought enter my nation to travel freely? Such trust must be grown and nurtured you must understand?"

"I understand. In reference to North Sea oil claims, yes they are the same as before and have not changed. Our Ministry of Environmental Affairs is already working diligently to ensure that safety and environmental standards are of the highest quality and are working with the Ministry of Justice so that any incidents must be punished most severely. The Ministry of the Interior is also taking measures to protect our fisheries and those of the North Sea from overfishing. And I also understand your position on the travel restrictions and we are thankful for the ones you have lifted and will comply with all your laws and regulations."

• 2 weeks later...

"I would like to invite your government to open an embassy in Dublin and ask that you allow us to open one in Copenhagen. This first, but very important step will lead to formal diplomatic relations and bilateral cooperation. If you accept Grand Chancellor Leonardo Kennedy has appointed Hon. Blake Markson as the permanent representative to your country."

Edited by lkfht

• 3 weeks later...

"Yes, that's fine, Mister Markson will fit right into Copenhagen. I must apologise, but I have a pressing matter that needs attending. If you forward the relevent paperwork to my office, I will sign it off. I will also notify your own office as to when the Irish Consulate will be ready for usage."