Deleted my account

Synapse

Been active less than a week and some nation with something around 50 times my strength started bombing and invading. 

Can't even get into this game without joining an alliance? There's NO alternative to play? What a limited scope. 

Not even worth my time. Bye.

(Just wanted you to know your users and system of allowing early bullying [or nerfing yourself with peace penalties] caused you to lose another player.) 

Just curious, what would your solution be?  Ruling out peace mode and joining an alliance to protect you during war, what other option would you want to see available?

The current war declaration range is 75-133% (ie. nations with 75-133% of your nation strength can declare war on you).  If a nation was stronger than you afterwards, they likely bulked up after declaring war.

Just curious, what would your solution be?  Ruling out peace mode and joining an alliance to protect you during war, what other option would you want to see available?

The current war declaration range is 75-133% (ie. nations with 75-133% of your nation strength can declare war on you).  If a nation was stronger than you afterwards, they likely bulked up after declaring war.

No idea. But when in the first week of play I barely had 3k soldiers and got attacked by a guy with cruise missiles, bombers and 20k soldiers. By the way he has about half the wonders creatable and 10k infrastructure to my 1k infrastructure and 3 small wonders. 

Not sure who thought this was a balanced system but it isn't. Getting raided every day for the last 3 days just got old. I'm done. I don't know what the solution is, sorry, but this wasn't enjoyable at all.

*edit* 

For clarification, this isn't me being mad about the game. This is me pointing out game flaws for new players. Either join into an alliance (assuming you know people who already play this game or are gonna trust random people online. Also kind of a narrow set of options when the meta forces you to join an alliance or have this happen to you.) or get raided nonstop by people you can't retaliate against. 

I was excited about this game when I saw it and made a donation to get started faster. I immensely regret that decision. 

Edited by Synapse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How on earth do you have 3 wonders after 1 week of gameplay, hmm?

Is it on TE or maybe the guy is a hacker.

Even if the mechanics were different, not joining an alliance will eventually get you raided.
Solution: Join an alliance.

Besides, if you don't care about the community aspect of this game, you're not going to enjoy this game.
You could try talking things out with your attacker, or join an alliance or just rage quit. That works too.

Goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand your frustration and you're absolutely right - it turns new players away from the game. The older players have simply gotten used to the system and don't care anymore, or actively revel in it. I believe !@#$%* when it was in Alpha (don't play it now, it's a shell of its former self) had a much more welcoming system where you could stay in Peace Mode indefinitely with no penalty, but upon exiting your military functioned at 50% efficiency for a significant period of time. As of right now your only path to peaceful growth is to fall under the umbrella of a neutral alliance, and even that isn't perfect as such alliances still get attacked. There's also no option to strike it solo and just leave everyone alone without getting raided. Unfortunately I do not believe the creator of this game would ever be so inclined as to modify PM in order to allow for a peaceful growth experience, as the implementation of a constantly increasing economic penalty on nations in PM suggests that he wishes to keep all nations and alliances in a perpetual state of warfare. You could try making a proposal in the Suggestion Box; it wouldn't hurt investing that bit of time in considering that you already spent some capital on the game. 

Edit: I find it funny that the word filter blocks the name of a competitor's game.   :P

Edited by Comstock

• 11 months later...

Older players always lobbied to keep the seniority advantage, thus this isn't a game for new players. Especially if these want to try something different from the mainstream ways - join an alliance etc. - which are basically the only viable option.

Stupid design? I'd probably agree, at least to some extent, but it is what it is. The people that said it years ago got tired of repeating themselves to no avail.

Leaving the game is probably the right choice. Have fun in your next game. :)

Edited by jerdge

Well if you're looking for a nation simulation/building game, you've come to the wrong place. It's more like a social network/board game which is rather outdated (but still played out of habit/nostalgia/friendship). Still, raging at the developer would not revolutionize things. The entire sub-genre is outdated, there is little he can do.