God-tier Myth

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Gremlins allowed their members to raid and they were the most advanced alliance at the peak of Citadel, which was largely their creation.

Perhaps your memory is foggy Methrage, but I agree, Grämlins considered themselves the most advanced alliance and the creators of Citadel and they raided.

We can all stand to learn a thing or two from A Pimp Named Slackback

The people of Sulmona often pray the pimps prayer before waging war upon their enemies...

Perhaps your memory is foggy Methrage, but I agree, Grämlins considered themselves the most advanced alliance and the creators of Citadel and they raided.

Hmmmmmm, dat distinction

An additional advantage in having a larger and better equipped upper tier is that often the enemy upper tier will enter PM to prevent having their upper tier lost in what would be a lost cause anyway. This allows the upper tier remaining in warmode the ability to aid bomb the various nations in the lower tiers requiring aid on a constant and long term basis. This was proven up until recently by the example in a few conflicts of umbrella being able to aid GOONS with Umbrella rarely having any serious issues of their own within their own NS ranges to bother about. This was proven particularly so in the DH-NPO war a few years back when even though the NPO lower and middle tier nations were mostly better equipped and possessed larger warchests, the constant supply of aid sent to GOONS from Umbrella allowed GOONS to wear the lower and middle tiers of NPO down until defeat was all but inevitable and this was due in part to the lack of aid being able to be sent to these middle and lower tier nations from the upper tier nations who were mostly stuck in PM.

So in short, having a large upper tier in comparison to other alliances isn't merely just the possession of a tier able to destroy enemy rations within direct range, it's a tool that can indirectly secure victory on other fronts and NS ranges too. That I believe is the main benefit to be derived since once the enemy's upper tier is relegated to PM you have robbed the enemy of being able to send aid to their members in need to a large extent. Yes, every alliance, some more than others have a substantial amount of their members in possession of large amounts of surplus cash ready to aid others but being able to prevent an alliance from being able to send aid on a constant and complete basis will in turn impact on an alliance's ability to fight.

A very good summary. I approve. A lot that was learned from that war, on both sides since I'd say DH and NPO both performed well, is still used today.

Are there any formalities when instructing these prodigious nations to assail their targets? I think it arduous to manage such titans. What protocol is there to rebuke the use of these nations?  

Something about that saying that "every soldier is his own general" or what have you.

Also a lot of stroking egos. You wouldn't believe what it took with Necro.

I didn't see this til just now, sorry for the delayed response. Its really easy to poke wholes in your argument for the most part because they are impractical ideas. Your model assumes that Alliance A (super tier alliance) fights Alliance B (mass recruiting alliance) and that your strategy ensues. This never happens though. 

To anyone whose been around for a while and built past 25k NS its obvious why this is so.

I know I'm nitpicking but GRE/IRON was such a watershed of a war it merits mentioning here. It demonstrates why even the best, most victorious, most elite alliances feel the need to wrap up their wars, which helps peace talks.

The example I used also requires the mass alliance to be top-notch militarily and have a solid upper tier, which 2010 IRON was and had. I get that's not usually the case.

I do believe you missed my point. Sure mass-recruiting alliances will put their top tiers in peace mode to avoid the wrath (and they do). But this still causes other problems. The enemies top tier can now hit your middle tier, you will have trouble getting aid to your lower tier guys, economic penalties, etc which still adds up as damage that is done to your alliance but not to the enemy alliance. 

Again, you may have done 150k damage but it was 150k of useless damage. All of it could be rebuilt very easily. So it could have been more than Cuba but when you are doing it to 25k nations it is damage that is rebuilt so easily (with say one round of aid) that its trivial why you would think its on par with top tier nation damage. You are definitely missing this point and it is the biggest one I make. Your damage will never be on par with even a mid tiers damage output in terms of real damage.

Well yeah. Peaced-out upper tiers not only can't fight, they can't aidbomb the little guys. When you factor in the unfettered aiding and collections of the other side's upper tier, the effect is doubled, if not more so.

Despotism prevails in Roman theaters alone, Stewie. I can't imagine you are a lineal descendant of Julius Caesar? What will become of those who elect a tyrant! I gasp to know not. 

Byzantium, Imperial Russia, the Ottoman Empire, ancient most of Asia, really a lot of places. As for electing a tyrant, anyone for Napoleon III?

I highly doubt DBDC has the balls to raid Polardoxia in peace time, if they cant do that they are not the "apex of power."

I wouldn't want to raid TOP out of respect for ROMMELSQL, Feanor, Bodvar Jarl, avernite, Crymson, Saber and many other nations in TOP i consider the kind of friends I wouldn't hesitate to send aid if they ever ended up bill locked or EZI, regardless of any political ramifications. Even though they probably all have big enough warchests, that would never be needed. Fighting any of them or other friends from Citadel is something I would prefer to avoid in the future.

Also I tend to think raiding our own color sphere is bad practice, so considering TOP and Doombirds are both mostly pink; I think conflict should be avoided unless necessary. Also I like how you expect DBDC to raid 2 sanctioned alliances at the same time during peace times randomly to prove themselves. Seems you have some pretty high expectations.

Edited by Methrage

DBDC has good relations with TOP, which is one of the reasons we have mostly moved to pink.

I'm glad to hear it. While countering TOP in the Equilibrium War was necessary when they declared on Anarchy Inc while I was Confederatio Aesir, it brought me no joy to damage their nations. I felt bad about nuking nations who had been good friends to me previously, but they were understanding of the political obligations and didn't take war personally, which was good. That was the only war I've fought where I wasn't happy to be hitting the assigned targets and tried finding as many non-TOP nations as possible to hit, so I could help as much as possible in the war without doing as much damage as possible to TOP. Although I still hit all the targets given, as my desire to assist Anarchy Inc was also very much there.

TOP still has my gratitude for the assistance they provided when my nation was in a tough position, as well as all the others who came through at critical times. If I made a complete list of all TOP nations who have my gratitude and not just those saved on my friend list on this forum, it would be at least twice as long as the one above, but they know who they are and I haven't forgot.

Edited by Methrage

Yeah it's thunderwave  :awesome:

I dunno if I should be ashamed for knowing or not knowing hmm.gif

Thunderbolt, son!

Except when prayed against DBDC. There are no hoes in DBDC. You ever try to use thundershock on Onyx? That's how effective...

Well, damn. I had informed everyone that our best hope was to get A Pimp Named Slickback to take his belt off and whoop on DBDC. Guess it's back to the drawing board