#1 admin

admin

Game Admin/Owner

• Admin
  • 5,705 posts
  • Nation Name:Great Nation
  • Alliance Name:CN Staff

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

This has been brought up a lot and I'd like to address it and see about making a change. Instead of basing activity around tax collections the game would measure activity as having logged in. If you don't login for 30 days your nation will be placed into inactive mode.

The 20 day cap on tax collections would remain in place. The activity indicator on the nation display page would be based off of last login, but for privacy wouldn't show the actual time of a player's login but would say "Active Today", "Active Yesterday", etc...

Thoughts/Objections?

#2 Mogar

Mogar

They’re a rotten crowd. You’re worth the bunch put together.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts
  • Nation Name:Mogatopia
  • Alliance Name:/Random/
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Mogatopia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

this sounds basically like the idea that has been thrown around, I support it.

#3 SoADarthCyfe6

SoADarthCyfe6

Proud GATO'an

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Nation Name:SoA Republic
  • Alliance Name:Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

That sounds good to me. It's nice to see a major game change (I mean the inactivity mode and all as well) taking place. This really should have been implemented 2 years ago, but better late than never!

Approve.

#4 Ordoeq

Ordoeq

Arr I'm a pirate!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Nation Name:Conviction
  • Alliance Name:Invicta

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

I think it is a good idea.

#5 xoindotnler

xoindotnler

Deus ex Machina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,082 posts
  • Nation Name:Rjvkmsc
  • Alliance Name:Independent

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Edit: I need to learn to read.

Edited by xoindotnler, 05 February 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#6 Imperator Honorius

Imperator Honorius

do a barrel roll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Nation Name:Ishtaristan
  • Alliance Name:Green Protection Agency
  • CN:TE Nation Name:yamato
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:War Doves

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

I think it's a good idea, long overdue.

#7 Samus

Samus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Nation Name:Kanden
  • Alliance Name:Independent Republic of Orange Nations

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

I support

#8 Horo the Wise Wolf

Horo the Wise Wolf

Adrasteia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Nation Name:Yoitsu

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Woot! Let's do this.

#9 sounion

sounion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Nation Name:Torjiak
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

I think this idea is a good one, as a lot of us over the years may have accidentally deleted, waiting for the 20 days to collect then RL snags us and we blow it.  

That being said, I would push to add 'Days since last collection' to a Gather Intel spyop, as that number has implications for what types of spyops to run - incite govt propaganda and sabotage IRS for starters.  

#10 jerdge

jerdge

Heart of Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Nation Name:Gaela
  • Alliance Name:Gorgeous Perfect Alliance!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

This has been brought up a lot and I'd like to address it and see about making a change. Instead of basing activity around tax collections the game would measure activity as having logged in. If you don't login for 30 days your nation will be placed into inactive mode.

The 20 day cap on tax collections would remain in place. The activity indicator on the nation display page would be based off of last login, but for privacy wouldn't show the actual time of a player's login but would say "Active Today", "Active Yesterday", etc...

Thoughts/Objections?

If this is implemented and the limit is set at 30 days, also please move the active/inactive loot/destroy threshold at 23 days, i.e. at 30 minus 7 days.

The current limit (13 days) was introduced* in 2007 (when nations were still deleted after 20 days of inactivity) against the exploit of raiding inactives and not having to wait for the full 7 days for the war slot to be cleared. If nations will now be removed from the active game at 30 days of inactivity, it seems reasonable that they can be looted up to 23 days of inactivity.

* From 11-4-2007 Game Update Log:

When performing a ground battle against a nation that has been inactive for 13 days or more technology, land, and money will be destroyed rather than looted. This is to prevent last minute looting via war declarations on nations that are inactive just before they get deleted.

#11 Methrage

Methrage

Libertarian King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts
  • Nation Name:Libertarian Empire
  • Alliance Name:Limitless Nexus

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

I think this is a good idea and long overdue.  Over the years a lot of nations have probably either accidently deleted or went into inactivity mode due to saving up their collections and then not collecting soon enough.

Edited by Methrage, 05 February 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#12 Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand

Questionable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts
  • Nation Name:L252beck
  • Alliance Name:Lavender Town

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

I could have used this around 2 months ago, yet I support this measure.

#13 Lord Hershey

Lord Hershey

The Messenger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Nation Name:Lord Hershey
  • Alliance Name:Doom Squad

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Seems reasonable enough to me, admin. 

If this is implemented and the limit is set at 30 days, also please move the active/inactive loot/destroy threshold at 23 days, i.e. at 30 minus 7 days.

The current limit (13 days) was introduced* in 2007 (when nations were still deleted after 20 days of inactivity) against the exploit of raiding inactives and not having to wait for the full 7 days for the war slot to be cleared. If nations will now be removed from the active game at 30 days of inactivity, it seems reasonable that they can be looted up to 23 days of inactivity.

No, I don't think that's necessary, jerdge. Most nations tend to collect at 20 days (since collections stop accumulating after day 20), but if they didn't and are at 23 days, they are definitely going to be raided and are likely to be put to inactivity mode.

#14 James Maximus

James Maximus

#007 The Pokemon with the Water Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Nation Name:Wessopotamia
  • Alliance Name:MI6
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Aaron Rodgers Beard of Wisconsin

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Implement this and I support.

#15 Geerland

Geerland

Rawwgh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Nation Name:Geerland
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sounds good.

#16 DeathAdder

DeathAdder

King of Sparta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Nation Name:Westfalen
  • Alliance Name:Sparta

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Support it.

#17 Yerushalayim

Yerushalayim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Nation Name:Holy Yisrael
  • Alliance Name:Sparta

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

I like this idea.

#18 Mogar

Mogar

They’re a rotten crowd. You’re worth the bunch put together.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts
  • Nation Name:Mogatopia
  • Alliance Name:/Random/
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Mogatopia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

it adds in a mechanic to allow you to potentially not be declared upon, if you were fighting in my tier for example, i generally avoid anyone over 13 days due to the fact they are not profitable to declare war on.

#19 jerdge

jerdge

Heart of Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Nation Name:Gaela
  • Alliance Name:Gorgeous Perfect Alliance!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

No, I don't think that's necessary, jerdge. Most nations tend to collect at 20 days (since collections stop accumulating after day 20), but if they didn't and are at 23 days, they are definitely going to be raided and are likely to be put to inactivity mode.

What you say about nations collecting at/below 20 days and about 23 days inactives being likely to go into inactivity mode is IMO correct, but I am not sure what it would have to do with my post.

Just to clear the table from possible misunderstandings: I am not saying that they should be immune to attack, I am saying that their money, tech and land should be looted up to 23 days of inactivity, after which it gets destroyed, while now that same change happens at 13 days.

Or in other words: what's the benefit of limiting the raider's gain to day 13 instead of day 23?

EDIT: @Mogar - you have a point with the current system, although that's not what the original 13 days limit was about. With activity measured on log in, anyway, one would have to avoid logging in to obtain that, which is hardly practical on any large scale, I think. One or two people will probably ask others to check their stats, but I really don't see it becoming very common. (I may elaborate more on the subject if this side discussion gets traction.)

Edited by jerdge, 05 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#20 Stewie

Stewie

PC 4 Lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • Nation Name:Stewieland
  • Alliance Name:Non Grata

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Day 23 means that someone can go through 3 rounds of looting before they stop being profitable.

Day 13 limits it.

(I support moving it to day 23 tbqh)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users