For future reference

Alterego

Some day in the future some of you might be contemplating a treaty with Riot Society or an alliance which has BringMeTheHorizon in a leadership position. If that day comes and you get into a spot of bother this white knight might not be swooping to the rescue. I cant give any insight to the man he was but can shed some light on the man he has become.

I am a big mouth but i've always been ready to put my money where my mouth is. I never cared much for image but my friends and allies always knew when the chips were down that I could be counted on the the bitter end. Here on Bob there are many kinds of nation leaders and probably the worst of the lot is the leader with a big mouth and a yellow belly. Always quich to mouth off and even quicker to run and hide. These master e-lawyers only care about perception and saving face at all costs, on many occasions at the expense of friends and allies.  BringMeTheHorizon is on such leader.

In the beginning there was a bravado comment that I missed at the time but noticed later.

Don't worry, killer, your bite died long ago.

I had already declared on two NPO nations before I noticed this guy and saw he was in range, so I declared on him with the intention of showing him my bite was still there having not so long ago been part of BF1 and nuked NpO 72 times.

His replies gave me hope that he was one of the hard core. At the time he had twice the infra and 20 nukes, he was by no means a weak opponent.

To: alterego    From: BringMeTheHorizon    Date: 1/31/2014 10:35:58 AM

Subject: RE: War Declared!

I should get checked for rabies now. 

Alas, it was all for show and his yellow belly soon came into view

To: alterego    From: BringMeTheHorizon    Date: 1/31/2014 10:43:58 AM

Message: Just so you know my war plan for you. I'm not going to attack back, I'll continue to let NPO nuke you, since they have higher tech, and I'll forever keep having higher infra than you, so you wont be able to GA me successfully, and when you nuke me you'll kill off all my soldiers. So you can't successfully GA me.

I'll keep buying so my count can go up. Sorry if this wont be as fun as you thought. Enjoy my pseudo turtle.

So I explained I would just buy past his infra level just to upset his master cowardice plan of turtling while letting others do his fighting to which he tried to play the whole loss of NS down which is funny because of his desperate NS saving battle plan.

To: alterego    From: BringMeTheHorizon    Date: 1/31/2014 10:51:21 AM

Message: It wont annoy me, it'll be funny that you're wasting your time on me. So go ahead buy all that infra. I'll just be sitting here having fun being nuked.

This is when it became all about appearances being protected at all costs.  The only thing worse than being a useless coward is appearing like one according to these kinds of people. I think they are one in the same. The only difference is hiding and protecting the image of cowards gets others rolled in their place.

Image alone matters to some.

To: alterego    From: Lysergide    Date: 1/31/2014 5:55:52 PM

Subject: Alterego

Message: As a former BF1, I am asking you to peace out with BringmetheHorizon

To: Lysergide    From: alterego    Date: 2/1/2014 11:09:29 AM

Subject: RE: Alterego

Message: You have my respect he tried to get my attention and has it now. He went from bravado by PM to running scared by PM in the space of a few minutes. Let him deal with a problem of his own making himself. Unless Im missing something this guy offers nothing of any value to any alliance.

The only reason I'm responding is the BF1 connection but when it comes to this guy at this time my respect is all I can give you.

Thanks for the message

Angelic Zero

To: alterego    From: Lysergide    Date: 2/1/2014 4:17:38 PM

Message: He is the leader of the Alliance, and is important for my plans and the future. His good face with a lot of people allows me to use his persona to further my goals of a coalition to build a future.

Psst, hes a coward. Dont tell anyone we need him to appear brave and honorable. ps its you thats the coward alterego

To: alterego    From: Lysergide    Date: 2/2/2014 7:12:25 PM

Message: Well yes, you are clearly a better warrior by picking on someone weaker than you.

I didnt pick him he picked me. I was 20k ns at the start of this fight and already engaged with 2 other nations. He was 22k NS and not alone.

Be carefull with these guys their treaties might not be worth wiping you arse with
Edited by Alterego

I actually had no idea about what Lysergide sent to you, so cool beans. 

Edit:

Side note, not that it matters to you, i was nuked by kaskus, and SRA from 30k down to 2k ns. I recently Finally got back to 20k ns, before you attacked, I only had 30m, so I just bought the FAC to be able to come back up after this. 

I also see you deleted some of the other PMs we had, about where I was going to keep buying soldiers so you could have your fun? 

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

BringMeTheHorizon is a cool guy and a good alliance leader, and doesn't run and hide from war. Just a couple months ago when Kashmir attacked Kaskus, he entered the war with us when he had no formal obligation to do so and fought alongside us til the end.

I'm sure you're an awesome guy alterego but you're wrong about BMTH.

And I also doubt anyone actually cares outside of our small circle.

BringMeTheHorizon is a cool guy and a good alliance leader, and doesn't run and hide from war. Just a couple months ago when Kashmir attacked Kaskus, he entered the war with us when he had no formal obligation to do so and fought alongside us til the end.

I'm sure you're an awesome guy alterego but you're wrong about BMTH.

Just really a whole bunch of this. BMTH has been nothing but solid to work with. Whatever you two were fighting about, I hope it's done with now.

Also I know this was unintentional but I love "yellow-bellied" in the context of Riot being a yellow sphere alliance. Got him there!

Just really a whole bunch of this. BMTH has been nothing but solid to work with. Whatever you two were fighting about, I hope it's done with now.

Also I know this was unintentional but I love "yellow-bellied" in the context of Riot being a yellow sphere alliance. Got him there!

something like 30k NS to ZI in a couple months just cause he likes us, what a pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is so much awesome, such win

I've been told that the "price of fame" is a privilege itself. "'Cause if yo ass ain't famous, who dey gonna hate on?"

Edited by Ovidsidios

The price of flame is however much you pay for firewood, lighter fluid, and matches

I thought it cost 20 bucks, a lighter, and papers? Man, how come you always changing the game? How are we supposed to play the game, if you keep changing the game!?

[read in S.L.J.'s voice]

Edited by Ovidsidios

In the beginning there was a bravado comment that I missed at the time but noticed later.

So let me get this straight, you missed the entire reason for your declaration only to find out later to then decide, instead of at the moment which would have been...like...reasonable, to attack in "glorious vindication for the sake of your honor and a good paddlin'."

And too add he[BMTH] is the horrible person.

Karma's a !@#$%*, and irony is a bully.

GET IT BMTH?!

You can't put a price on flame

Yeah, it's 20 bucks a lighter and paper

Edited by Ovidsidios

So let me get this straight, you missed the entire reason for your declaration only to find out later to then decide, instead of at the moment which would have been...like...reasonable, to attack in "glorious vindication for the sake of your honor and a good paddlin'."

And too add he[BMTH] is the horrible person.

Karma's a !@#$%*, and irony is a bully.

GET IT BMTH?!

Yeah, it's 20 bucks a lighter and paper

if you don't like my fire, then don't come around, cuz I'm going to burn one down :D

So I enjoy this very much. He calls BringMeTheHorizon a bully in a sense, then goes ahead and attacks other nations stating that BringMeTheHorizon is the reason he is doing so. Some twisted logic there.

I gave him a simple way out. You decided it was better to save face by not admitting he was wrong because you need his image more than the NS. Now we will see if your desire to "use his persona to further my goals of a coalition to build a future" is more important than your alliance membership.

This could have ended on day 1 with a simple post by cool beans. Now your alliance is going to burn because you place your future plans and dreams of a grande "coalition" ahead of ordinary people. What kind of puppet are you running? Your plan to save face is now a damage limitation excercise. The question what do you protect from further damage? your puppet leaders image or the people in your alliance?

The price of peace is a public admission by cool beans that he was wrong and an apology from both of you for calling me a coward. Failure to do so shows your pride is more important than your members. If thats the case I expect they will see you for what you are and vote with their feet

Edited by Alterego

I gave him a simple way out. You decided it was better to save face by not admitting he was wrong because you need his image more than the NS. Now we will see if your desire to "use his persona to further my goals of a coalition to build a future" is more important than your alliance membership.

This could have ended on day 1 with a simple post by cool beans. Now your alliance is going to burn because you place your future plans and dreams of a grande "coalition" ahead of ordinary people. What kind of puppet are you running? Your plan to save face is now a damage limitation excercise. The question what do you protect from further damage? your puppet leaders image or the people in your alliance?

The price of peace is a public admission by cool beans that he was wrong and an apology from both of you for calling me a coward. Failure to do so shows your pride is more important than your members. If thats the case I expect they will see you for what you are and vote with their feet

I'm sorry you feel this way, but i'm not so proud as to publicly apologize for saying you have no bite, to save two nations who had no idea, and don't want to post on these forums. I had no idea I "needed" to apologise because you never told me, you told a nation who took it upon himself to talk to you, not even on my behalf, you did not give ME, a way out, because I was ok with taking my nukes for something I posted. I have all your PM's still and there was nothing saying you would attack other members of Riot because I didn't apologize to you for saying you had no bite. 

You can also post all of our PMs together, and you'll see that I never called you a coward, but if it'll save my friends from being nuked for no reason. I'm sorry I called you a coward. I'm sorry, I said you had no bite. I'm sorry, that you never told me what I had to do, to save my friends from being attacked.

I respect that you [ooc]play the game[ooc] your own way, and you just wanted to nuke some other people, that's fine. But please, don't try to make a grandiose statement surrounding a player, when that player said he was going to take his lumps for his mistake (post). 

I told you anything I could to get you to stop attacking BringMeTheHorizon. All members of this alliance are important, and it would be a far cry to call him a puppet. I would say anything to protect the members of this alliance by telling you things you would want to hear. I'm sorry that I bruised your ego by calling you a coward, and caused you to use a vastly superior nation to hit nations weaker than you.

If you honestly feel the need to hit a nation over this, you are welcome to hit mine.

Edited by Lysergide