A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

ImperialFlag.png

A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

The New Pacific Order values her allies. We entered this war in order to defend one such ally - the New Sith Order - from the aggression of the Polar Coalition, and our nations have fought admirably for that goal, receiving a total of 9.8 million NS in damage and dealing back 10.5m, constituting (with a large margin) both the highest damage received and highest damage dealt in this war. This is an achievement which would not have been possible without the help of all our allies, who have also shed a lot of their strength in the process of trying to counter the vast numerical superiority of our foes.

However, recent developments have made it clear that at least one of the goals of the Aggressor's coalition is not just the settlement of any grievances with the New Sith Order, but also the crippling of the New Pacific Order's post-war position as well. Throughout several weeks of negotiations, the aggressor coalition has consistently demanded terms that would see all our remaining top and mid-tier nations - 33 in total - be removed from all post-war economic activity via aid-restrictions for a period of over 4 months.

These are cash-laden and infra-heavy nations that are capable of aid-bombing our hard-hit lower tiers, and are thus crucial to our economic development. The economic suppression of 33 nations over 4 months would deny us the use of 2376 aid slots - equivalent to 14-21bn of cash aid (depending on the usage of FAC's). Considering that the average schedule in our world sees a war every 6-8 months, the denial of this amount of aid would severely compromise the Order's ability to meaningfully contribute in a future conflict by hitting hardest the nations that have fought a lot in this war (and will not be able to get aid to recover their infrastructure) as well as reducing tech-dealing levels across the alliance.

We do not hold any grudge against our opponents for wanting to push hard terms on us. When an alliance is capable of causing 10.5m damage on you (and particularly when it is an alliance you dislike), it is understandable to make efforts in crippling them so as to prevent a repeat performance. Whilst we do not generally share the sentiment of pushing for harsh terms, and have resisted them since our reformation in Karma, we do understand the strategic vision behind them, and can respect our opponents for their foresight.

However, that does not mean the Order will simply capitulate. A peace that cripples us before the next war whilst allowing everyone else to recover is a peace that is worse than the status quo of continuing the war (where nobody's lower tier can rebuild at 100% until it is over) - and thus we cannot accept it. This does not mean that we do not want peace - we will continue negotiating for a settlement - however we will not be strong-armed into accepting an awful deal. Even in a losing war, the Order has plenty of fight in it.

We do realize that the New Pacific Order's continued fight against the aggressors that want to maim us also means that our allies continue to suffer damage at the hands of those same foes - allies which, for the most part, are able to exit this war without consequence. We have made it clear to all our allies that we consider all obligations and bonds of friendship between us to be satisfied with the current level of fighting and suffering they have gone through, and we will not force or ask them to continue fighting if they are able to get a way out. The New Pacific Order is fully prepared to fight for our post-war economic freedom alone, even if that will mean getting further dogpiled. To date, our allies have been horrified by the harshness of punishment that the aggressors seek to inflict on the Order, and have refused to leave - but we welcome them to seek a settlement at any time.

With or without our allies however, this war continues. Not because of any need to "protect" the New Polar Order from a "threat" (any NSO threat having long since been neutralized), or because the New Pacific Order will not be "reasonable" in accepting a !@#$%* deal, but because of one simple truth:

Both sides are fighting to influence the post-war strategic environment. The Aggressors want to prevent their opponent's recovery, and the Defenders want to preserve their economic freedoms. However, as the English dramatist Douglas William Jerrold said, "We love peace, but not peace at any price."

Farrin Xies,
Emperor of the New Pacific Order
The Lone Star Emperor

Red,
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order
Edited by Farrin Xies

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The public has no sway in what other people demand for your surrender. So Don't expect this to change too much. Because even if I learned some earth shattering thing in that long-winded speech, I still have no say in what you get. Should have just kept your mouth shut, and worked behind the scenes to get a better deal.

Dajobo [i]did[/i] say he wanted it to last until February. Maybe a week from now we'll start hearing something realistic.

Nice speech, though, Farrin. Looks like the mouthbreathers from the other side are already climbing over each other to smear their own feces all over this thread.

I was hoping to see something other than propaganda. Nobody wants to "cripple" NPO except as a short to medium term threat. NPO has not been comparatively reduced as were the other core alliances. Would have been nice to see a realistic counter-offer attempting to satisfy all parties involved.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Decent announcement. I welcome the open discussion of Pacifica's peace terms here. However, it is awfully dramatic to label these terms crippling, and quite foolish to assume that continuing to fight is the best option for the next war, given that the damage received by allies and yourself has, and will continue to add up to a total well beyond 14 billion. In addition, we all know it's better not to air major grievances like this in public if you actually want to get something done. Of course, I enjoy tactics like this, because then we all get to chime in. It is exactly what I would have done, as well.

I long for the days when there truly were villains. Now all we have is a group of people wanting 30-40 nations in peace mode for 4 months to rail against. We deserve a better class of villain.

Topic spoiler alert: NPO's side throws their support behind this, Polar/TOP coalition rolls their eyes, Tywinn and Neo Uruk get in a pissing contest, and everyone avoids the thread following that.

Edited by Starfox101

I didn't want to post but screw it. These infra heavy nations that you use as banks only sure have a lot of tech for just being banks. It's pretty obvious that the terms are meant to limit tech importation for these banks rather then rebuilding aid to the lower tier. If it was aimed at rebuilding aid it would be a blanket aid ban. But nice spin.

Does this mean you'll walk away from peace negotiations. There were large cut backs made for you while you just kept spinning the ball. 

We do not hold any grudge against our opponents for wanting to push hard terms on us.

I wonder if anyone in NPO managed to keep a straight face when they read/wrote/suggested this line. 

Edited by alyster