A Terran Empire Announcement

Yuurei

250px-Flag_of_the_Terran_Empire.png200px-ICoNFlag1.jpg

Terran Empire - International Commonwealth of Nations Protection Pact

Preamble

With longstanding friendship as well as the belief that older alliances should assist in the development of smaller alliances, Terran Empire (TTE) extends its protection to include the International Commonwealth of Nations (ICON) effective immediately upon affixing signatures to this document.

Article I

Both TTE and ICON recognize, that while the spirit of brotherhood is strong, each are separate and sovereign entities in any and all matters not outlined below.

Article II

Both alliances mutually assure that neither signatory will defame, physically attack, spy on the other, or provide aid to a known enemy. 

Article III

The Terran Empire, does hereby extend protection to our friends and brothers in ICON. Terran Empire pledges to offer both diplomatic and military aid in defense of any threats to the safety and security of our ICON brothers. As such, any unwarranted foreign attack on any nation or nations flying the alliance affiliation of "International Commonwealth of Nations" will be considered wholly to be an attack on Terran Empire itself, and will be dealt with accordingly.

Article IV

Should Terran Empire come under attack while this treaty is in effect, ICON is not required to provide any measure of defense. In such a situation, ICON will be permitted to make their own determination as to their course of action.

Article V

Raiding will not be permitted by any nation of the International Commonwealth of Nations for the duration of this treaty.

Article VI

The International Commonwealth of Nations shall neither sign nor announce any diplomatic agreements, nor go to war, without the consultation and approval from Terran Empire.

Article VII

Other specifics have been detailed and accepted in private.

Article VIII

This treaty shall remain in effect until ICON feels it is capable of providing for its own defense.  It is the intent of both parties to establish a relationship that will last beyond this treaty.

Article IX

Should either party wish to terminate this treaty, a notification of no less than 72 hours prior to dissolution must be received.

Signed for the Terran Empire:

Yuurei - Chancellor of Foreign Affairs
Michaelboy88 - Chancellor of Administration
ZeroRemorse - Chancellor of Defense
CheezDood - Chancellor of Internal Affairs
Orikfricai - Chancellor of Finance

Signed for ICON:

Danger- Director of Directors
Cobalt Wolf- Executive Founder
Jsvcycling- Director of Advisory
Johnny88- Director of Affairs

Edited by Yuurei

" This treaty shall remain in
effect until UA feels it is
capable of providing for its
own defense. It is the intent
of both parties to establish a
relationship that will last
beyond this treaty."

Lol... Shows how much te cares for icon Edited by Hamilmania

Congrats on taking on yet another protectorate that probably won't flourish in any form.

.....and the world keeps spining, most start ups die within the first year these days and that's if they're lucky. But I'm sure you stating the obvious was needed...

Edited by the rebel

There's always one alliance out there that practically hands our protectorates as though they were free. It was the Apparatus for a while before they merged into Pax Corvus, seems like TTE has taken up that mantle ever since.

So, good luck, I guess? I always want there to be more successful alliances out there but this announcement isn't an indication of any sort of quality or characteristics beyond existence.

There's always one alliance out there that practically hands our protectorates as though they were free. It was the Apparatus for a while before they merged into Pax Corvus, seems like TTE has taken up that mantle ever since.

So, good luck, I guess? I always want there to be more successful alliances out there but this announcement isn't an indication of any sort of quality or characteristics beyond existence.

Apparatus also had a extremely loyal set of allies so I wouldn't knock the strategy.

Signing protectorate treaties in the hope that the smaller party will disband and feed the other with more members is quite possibly the most cynical and disrespectful way of interacting with micro-alliances. Can't hail that.

Prove their folly by surviving, ICoN. It's going to be very difficult (and I certainly don't bet on it), but you never know.

Signing protectorate treaties in the hope that the smaller party will disband and feed the other with more members is quite possibly the most cynical and disrespectful way of interacting with micro-alliances. Can't hail that.

Prove their folly by surviving, ICoN. It's going to be very difficult (and I certainly don't bet on it), but you never know.

Terran Empire has never made any attempt to absorb any protectorate, or any other alliance for that matter.

We put a lot of effort into helping our protectorates develop successfully. The realities are that some do, and some don't...but even those that collapse remain independent and protected for as long as members remain on their AA.  We don't drop our protectorates just for having a hard time, like some alliances do.

Additional notice: We are extending our protection of The Roman Empire through February as well.

We don't drop our protectorates just for having a hard time, like some alliances do.

Even as a leader of a micro, I would say there are times when a protector is justified in cancelling a protectorate treaty, particularly if the two parties no longer found themselves able to fulfil their treaty obligations in good faith, or felt unable to reconcile differences - like any other form of treaty. I would question your recent history with protectorates; the performance of your protectorates seems to suggest that your effort has been wasted; a clear example being Ultra Alliance, which despite a (relatively) promising start, has failed to prosper as they could have.

I'm cynical at times when it comes to alliance politics; this is one of those times, but I will not mind if I am proven wrong, unlikely as it may seem to be.

Even as a leader of a micro, I would say there are times when a protector is justified in cancelling a protectorate treaty, particularly if the two parties no longer found themselves able to fulfil their treaty obligations in good faith, or felt unable to reconcile differences - like any other form of treaty. I would question your recent history with protectorates; the performance of your protectorates seems to suggest that your effort has been wasted; a clear example being Ultra Alliance, which despite a (relatively) promising start, has failed to prosper as they could have.

I'm cynical at times when it comes to alliance politics; this is one of those times, but I will not mind if I am proven wrong, unlikely as it may seem to be.

He never said he would NEVER cancel on a protectorate. 

He just said he wouldn't if they were having trouble.

He never said he would NEVER cancel on a protectorate. 

He just said he wouldn't if they were having trouble.

I considered the statement insofar as its relevance to the recent microdrama. In which case, the 'trouble' experienced by a micro was largely self-inflicted and (according to Sparta reps) advised against.

Unknown Smurf is correct in assessment of of my statement... 

There are indeed valid reasons for cancellation of protection, but I do not consider a lack of growth to be one of them.

As for the reasons for my wording, I speak not of recent events, but of the past.

Sparta's reasons for cancellation of TRE are their own. It is of no concern to me, and I actually find understanding of their decision given what I know of the events leading up to it.  However, none of this has anything to do with this particular thread or announcement.

We of The Terran Empire are happy to provide protection, advice, and aid to any micro alliance that wants to begin the long hard path to becoming a full fledged alliance. Wether it works out or not is entirely dependent on the micro-alliances decisions as well as how well their government heeds our advice and maintains activity.

Unknown Smurf is correct in assessment of of my statement... 

There are indeed valid reasons for cancellation of protection, but I do not consider a lack of growth to be one of them.

As for the reasons for my wording, I speak not of recent events, but of the past.

Sparta's reasons for cancellation of TRE are their own. It is of no concern to me, and I actually find understanding of their decision given what I know of the events leading up to it.  However, none of this has anything to do with this particular thread or announcement.

Congrats on having better judgment than Sparta. Or not. Probably not.