Inactivity Mode Clock Error

Evry88

I received the following PM today:

To: Evry88    From: Moderation Team    Date: 1/20/2014 11:06:50 PM

Subject: Nation Restored From Inactivity

Message: Your nation was placed into inactivity mode for 1 days after having not collected taxes for 25 days. When your nation went inactive any existing wars, trade agreements, and foreign aid agreements were automatically deleted. The remainder of your nation has remained intact as you left it, however you may not declare war or send foreign aid for 7 days days after restoration. If you are in war mode you may not enter peace mode for 10 days. Your bills were adjusted the omit the days that your nation was inactive and your last collection date and last wonder purchase date has been set to today.

However, this makes no sense. I logged in earlier today (at approximately 4:30PM Game time on 1/20/14) and I was listed as 25 days inactive, but still "active". I had a back collect waiting to be collected, foreign aid being sent out, etc.

I log in now at 11:08PM on 1/20/14 and it says my inactivity was cleared. I lost the back collect, lost the sent financial aid, etc.

Something is wrong in your code.

I sent out some foreign aid packages at about 4:30pm game time when I was online, so there should be a history of my activity. I did not collect because I was awaiting a trade request to fix my broken trade circle and there was a possibility one would appear before reset tonight. So, I just logged in to either accept or just collect in lack of the last trade, and found that PM up above.

Please let me know how we can rectify this.

-Evry88

Hi again,

First of all, I am very sorry if opening a new thread is not the correct procedure, but, I'd like to follow up to your response to my thread that was posted last night, and locked upon your reply this morning.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/120221-inactivity-mode-clock-error/#entry3218696

The point of that thread wasn't to raise a question about how activity is calculated. My question revolves around the timeline, and a potential issue in the way the inactivity mode is initiated (specifically, the time it is done at).

As can be seen by when I sent those financial aid requests (~4:30pm game time on the 20th) and when they were deleted due to inactivity mode (~11:00pm game time on the 20th), inactivity mode was somehow initiated in the middle of the day.

I understood it to be initiated after 25 days of inactivity, not during the 25th day. I had planned to collect at around 11:30pm game time before I went into inactivity mode. But, it began at 11:00pm game time which is why I suspect you have a coding glitch throwing things off by an hour. (Maybe it's in EST or something silly?)

Thanks!

-Evry88

Yes, instead of using a cron job to initiate the inactivity script Admin designed it to schedule itself at a random time the next day.  It keeps us all on our toes.

If there are any more questions... Don't be dense and play with the 25 day script.  Back when I was younger and the dinosaurs roamed planet bob it was only 20 days, so be happy with 25.

Nations would previously be deleted on the 25th day of inactivity, not on the 26th day.  I can only presume that the inactivity script follows the same procedure.

This is correct. Nothing has changed with the timing of inactivity deletion. Don't let your nation get to 25 days if you don't want to go inactive.