CN Hungry Games

CubaQuerida

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Moderator Post]: Lux Bonteri was buckaroo13. He is now banned from Cyber Nations: Standard Edition and Cyber Nations: Tournament Edition. Please do not discuss this individual any further.

admin and the Moderation team will offer the winner(s)* of this community organized event a $30 donation and a forum pip for a limited time (exact length of time has not yet been determined). Anyone caught abusing the game rules and Terms of Service while participating will be dealt with harshly, as any rule violations normally would be. We look forward to everyone running this and making it interesting. You might want to come up with some snazzy banners or something.

*limit of two winners per the original stipulations in the OP: 

• The games will continue until there is only one nation standing (two if the nations belong to the same home alliance).  If more than 2 nations remain and the nations are incapable of attacking each other due to NS restrictions, the games will continue until no more wars can be declared (either by dropping NS or gaining NS).  This will be a very important strategic aspect in terms of which nations are submitted.  This is the only scenario in which multiple winners may occur.

Clarification: What about XP?  Apologies if I missed the answer to that question.

Edited by Bob

As of right now the greatest hurdle will be how to bring nations into NS range of one another, especially after a few rounds of unbalanced war.  This will no doubt have to take place months after the main war has settled down and nations have had a chance to rebuild and restock.  

The options would be:

• a selldown by the stronger nation to get into range (decomming nukes, planes, navy etc.)  more extreme would include infra/land sale.
  • a buyup by the smaller nation to get into range (infra purchase or similar)
  • In extreme cases a coordinated and planned strike team might be assembled to bring the stalled nations into range if there is deliberate inaction (similar to the 'prodding' in the actual movie/book)
  • Preset war ranges as suggested by Steve Buscemi or minimum/maximum limits (similar to the age ranges in the movie).  No tech-seller sized nations and no CubaQ's.

As for XP, since these nations are only involved in the same alliance for the express purpose of warring one another, I don't know that the traditional rules of intra-alliance spying and farming really apply.  Spying DEFCON/ThreatCon is a critical part of shifting GA odds and must be allowed.

A detail I did determine is that the tribute can be given member titles to reflect their home district within the Tribute alliance, eliminating the need for reliance on outside tracking (which we will still definitely do).

Let tech seller nations fight tech seller nations imo. Just have a standard like 1,999.99 infra to start tier, then 3,999.99 infra tier etc etc. 

Based on the prize put forth by admin, I'd assume we would want to keep the prize in a mid-upper tier range.  While we could have other ranges, that should be the primary one.  50-100k, somewhere in there maybe?

The other day my one friend kept saying he was catching up on Hunger Games and it was good, but not the movie. I asked if he meant Hungry Games, which another friend later pointed was an actual thing from Sesame Street with the Cookie Monster. I came up with hungry games independently and didn't know it was a real thing, but who's ready for a nuke up the you know where?

It will certainly be NS-based, and we'll have to see how things shake out once the post-war rebuilding has gotten everyone back to a stable NS level.  Because tech sellers have the distinct advantage of being able to sell their entire nation down to 0 NS, there will be a minimum tech level of 1,000 for any entrant.  Miniumum warchest requirements may also be set for the lower tier nations, so that they may buy up into range if needed.  

Azaghul brings up a very good point, if you are fighting 1v1 it's fairly easy to remain out of anarchy and we could see some very long battles with no victor.  It's not necessarily a bad thing but I may have to change stance on the allowed purchase of infra, so that once it's gone, it's gone and your soldier count will suffer.  The actual hunger games fighters were stripped of everything so it's a decent parallel.

lol @ the cookie monster btw

I am 10k ns and larger than half the nations in the game, we're going to need a lowbie tier as well, maybe one low tier, one middle/upper tier nation from each?

I'd like to have the same-alliance nations be able to help each other if possible, so I'm not sure if it will have to be entirely separate games or one big mess with categories inside it.  We're far from ironing out all the kinks, but making great progress.  

I like the idea of starting ns ranges and no rebuying infra.  An alternate way to get knocked out could be if your NS range is too low for you to declare or have anyone declare on you after your last war expires, but with the loss of infra it should become easier to anarchy if they can't rebuy infra.

Yeah I'm thinking that's the way to go.  Some form of disqualification if you are too low or out of range (would encourage higher NS tributes).  It's a little biased towards the larger nation though, so maybe make the death condition anarchy or ZI (iirc ZI is very difficult without nukes/air).  Just brainstorming out loud...

Yeah I'm thinking that's the way to go.  Some form of disqualification if you are too low or out of range (would encourage higher NS tributes).  It's a little biased towards the larger nation though, so maybe make the death condition anarchy or ZI (iirc ZI is very difficult without nukes/air).  Just brainstorming out loud...

Or maybe on the same line your thinking having minimum infra to enter at 4k and if you hit 1 or 2 k infra your out or anarchy.

Or maybe on the same line your thinking having minimum infra to enter at 4k and if you hit 1 or 2 k infra your out or anarchy.

Yeah ZI is nearly impossible, but under 100 is quite do-able with enough hits.  I think that will be the secondary defeat condition.  This will encourage higher infra nations to participate.

• 2 weeks later...

If this happens, I would be keen to join in. I'm 89k NS (or there about depending on what I am doing) which seems to be the prime range.

I am sure I could get someone else from the RIA to join in as well. My only issue would be that I would not want to change my AA as it's seniority is important to me. Anyway around that?

If this happens, I would be keen to join in. I'm 89k NS (or there about depending on what I am doing) which seems to be the prime range.

I am sure I could get someone else from the RIA to join in as well. My only issue would be that I would not want to change my AA as it's seniority is important to me. Anyway around that?

I will take that into consideration while planning the competition.  I don't think there is a workaround right now, but I'm open to suggestions.

• Every alliance in the top 20 will submit two nations as tribute.*
  • Those two nations will change their AA to "Tribute" and set themselves into Peace Mode

Two nations enter - one nation leaves!

/obligatory mad max reference

Sounds like fun though :)