Who Wants to Save the World?

Mogar

I require volunteers that have not sent PMs today and will be active near update, I would like to organize a global PM to take a survey on what keeps people logging in, and hopefully using the information gained we can actually provide Admin or even just ourselves with a roadmap of how to "fix" the planet, plenty of people are content to just make a thread about how our world's dying, let's take 10 minutes to actually doing something about it.

Edited by Mogar

True, but making a big announcement like this generally doesn't attract much support either.

Ideally, I'd make a poll and simply link it in the PM, and I realize I may not get the support I desire but like I said, Unlike the majority who make chicken little threads, I'm actually providing a path to start on in order to solve the problems people believe we have, and sincre the majority don't come here PM is the only method of reaching everyone.

This is way better than what I said to do

your idea wasnt terrible but you'd get at best only 1000 of the 10,000 to actually do it, which would make it not really get much attention.

Edited by Mogar

You might want to take more time to gather volunteers instead of aiming for tonight (unless that's what you're already doing and I misread). But anyways, I can lend my ~550 messages.

I decided upon thursday to send out the mass message, feel free to query me on IRC if willing to donate your PM slots, and I will be including in the message a DO NOT DIRECTLY REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, CONTACT MOGAR and enclosing a link to PM me just below that.

This is a fantastic idea but it'd be better if you set a date in the future to be online so you're sure you have coverage. Now you don't so you have to do it ad hoc.

Thats why I am aiming for at least Thursday, if not this weekend, and I am pretty sure I will get a few interesting responses besides the 2 main ones of "community/friends" and "habit".

Surveys are useful if the questions and the format are good. Are you sure that you'll be ready in just a couple of days?
I suggest an IRC brainstorming session for you, followed by some drafting with the help of 2-4 people you can trust to be good at this (people that do/did RL surveys, or regular recruiters, at least).
I also suggest that you ask for about 180 PMs per volounteer (if you don't eat up their entire PM quota, more will be willing to help, IMHO).
I wouldn't poll nations less than 20 days old (unless you know they're rerolls), because they don't know yet why they'll stay.
I imagine that, rather than sending a PM, people will find it easier to answer into a GDoc form. That would also be much better for you, Mogar, just in case you end with 2k PMs in your inbox... :)

Needless to say, I support this initiative, but I am not very reliable as a spammer. Please consider me only if you're desperate to find volounteers.

And thanks for caring and for doing something about it.

EDIT: additionally, you can search for lots of short/long tutorials on polls. A short one I found good is this: clicky.

Edited by jerdge

Thank you Jerdge, I will keep that in mind and probably do some brainstorming tonight when there's a bit more activity.

What are you up to GPA? Why do you want this information?? This threads opens a lot of questions.

I'm not GPA, I'm only a proponent of neutrality, GPA are great people though! I just want to save the world bro.