Ertyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Nation Name:Republic of Chivu
  • Alliance Name:The Grämlins

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Obviously I am not okay with penalizing a rape victim for being raped. Let's change that law instead.

Sorry, but "right to not pay child support" is trumped by "right to not have your body molested and have your pregnancy be forcefully aborted". As I said before, if we lived in a society where the needs of all were met, child support wouldn't be an issue anyway. Don't come crying to me when your !@#$%* capitalist society has numerous issues with it. -_-

Or, instead of jumping into the communist utopia, we could just allow men to walk away as easily as women. 

#122 Hereno

Hereno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts
  • Nation Name:Lancashire
  • Alliance Name:New Sith Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:France

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Or, instead of jumping into the communist utopia, we could just allow men to walk away as easily as women. 

Yeah, why make a better society when we can just $%&@ over children?

#123 Caladin

Caladin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Nation Name:Kaitain
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Caladin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Ordo Paradoxia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Allow them to walk away at any time up to birth; if they do then they relinquish any rights to the child but are not required to pay child support. Seems fair to me.

#124 Hereno

Hereno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

The median child support payment in the US is $280.00 per month. That means half of mothers are getting less than that amount per month. Additionally, less than half of single mothers actually get child support payments at all. Raising a child each year costs between $6,000-$15,000 annually, depending on your income level and the age of the child. That paying less than 1/4th of the cost of the child when it's your !@#$@#$ child - less than half of the time - has been construed and demonized by people as welfare queen mothers getting rich off of child support payments made by innocent, moral fathers who were somehow duped into getting her pregnant is just an example of the rampant misogyny that people take as fact that has no base in reality whatsoever.

Source: www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/CRC/crc2004.pdf

Edited by Hereno, 07 January 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#125 commander thrawn

commander thrawn

"May warriors' fortune smile on our efforts."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,398 posts
  • Nation Name:Csilla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

The median child support payment in the US is $280.00 per month. That means half of mothers are getting less than that amount per month. Additionally, less than half of single mothers actually get child support payments at all. Raising a child each year costs between $6,000-$15,000 annually, depending on your income level and the age of the child. That paying less than 1/4th of the cost of the child when it's your !@#$@#$ child - less than half of the time - has been construed and demonized by people as welfare queen mothers getting rich off of child support payments made by innocent, moral fathers who were somehow duped into getting her pregnant is just an example of the rampant misogyny that people take as fact that has no base in reality whatsoever.

Source: www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/CRC/crc2004.pdf

So its wrong for a man to decide he doesn't want to care for his child, but if a man wants his child to be born he gets no input because he has the wrong anatomy. Makes perfect sense, in loo loo commie land I guess.

#126 Hereno

Hereno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

So its wrong for a man to decide he doesn't want to care for his child, but if a man wants his child to be born he gets no input because he has the wrong anatomy. Makes perfect sense, in loo loo commie land I guess.

I thought you were all about personal responsibility.

#127 Senji

Senji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Nation Name:Stellania
  • Alliance Name:Green Old Party

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

That responsibility belongs to the woman. She made the choice.

Edited by Senji, 07 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#128 commander thrawn

commander thrawn

"May warriors' fortune smile on our efforts."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,398 posts
  • Nation Name:Csilla

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I thought you were all about personal responsibility.

I am, but your point is contradictory. So which is it?

#129 Ertyy

Ertyy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Nation Name:Republic of Chivu
  • Alliance Name:The Grämlins

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

If this conversation keeps up much longer Hereno is going to be telling us that if the father didn't want to deal with a kid, then he shouldn't have been having sex.

The median child support payment in the US is $280.00 per month. That means half of mothers are getting less than that amount per month. Additionally, less than half of single mothers actually get child support payments at all. Raising a child each year costs between $6,000-$15,000 annually, depending on your income level and the age of the child. That paying less than 1/4th of the cost of the child when it's your !@#$@#$ child - less than half of the time - has been construed and demonized by people as welfare queen mothers getting rich off of child support payments made by innocent, moral fathers who were somehow duped into getting her pregnant is just an example of the rampant misogyny that people take as fact that has no base in reality whatsoever.

Source: www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/CRC/crc2

This talk about the particulars of execution is a red herring. If the stats said only 5 guys pay child support and it's only $5.00 a month, the argument would remain unchanged. The war on drugs doesn't stop being as bad of a policy because some states are backing away from enforcing it.

I'm also intrigued by "it's your !@#$@#$ child." Why? I know I didn't get to have any say during the pregnancy. Was it because some of my semen was involved? What if I wasn't having vaginal sex with the woman? Am I off the hook?

Yeah, why make a better society when we can just $%&@ over children?

I'm not pro-abortion; I'm pro-choice.

Edited by Ertyy, 07 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#130 Hereno

Hereno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I am, but your point is contradictory. So which is it?

Not at all. You would do well to read what I said below to Ertyy, but just because I don't want there to be a legal way for a man to force his wife to have or abort a baby she doesn't or does want doesn't mean I think it's cool for the woman to completely disregard the wishes of her partner in deciding whether or not to have the child. And I'm sure that 99.99% of women would agree with that and do take their partner's wishes into consideration when making that choice, along with a lot of other things. If being a decent person was codified into law and punished appropriately for those who broke that law, this entire forum would become a wasteland overnight. :v:

If this conversation keeps up much longer Hereno is going to be telling us that if the father didn't want to deal with a kid, then he shouldn't have been having sex.

This talk about the particulars of execution is a red herring. If the stats said only 5 guys pay child support and it's only $5.00 a month, the argument would remain unchanged. The war on drugs doesn't stop being as bad of a policy because some states are backing away from enforcing it.

I'm also intrigued by "it's your !@#$@#$ child." Why? I know I didn't get to have any say during the pregnancy. Was it because some of my semen was involved? What if I wasn't having vaginal sex with the woman? Am I off the hook?

I'm not pro-abortion; I'm pro-choice.

It isn't a red herring because the situation we're talking about rarely if ever happens and would never happen if the society I wanted to have these "policies" in existed. The only problems come when I try to stick what I believe into a system surrounded by contradictions and stupid !@#$ where the alternative to forcing someone to hand over money to pay for a child they don't want is that child being even more impoverished than it already is. Don't blame me because the system that exists today doesn't guarantee the basic human welfare of the people in it.

Hell, in many states, they're making it so that many people can't actually have abortions despite there being laws guaranteeing the right to choose. And in most of the cases where the man doesn't want the baby, I'd imagine that he's in the 60% of men who don't pay any child support at all - whether that be because the mother just doesn't want him involved at all, or because he is actively involved in the child's life or perhaps even still with the mother.

Furthermore, an argument could easily be made (and would be if Thrawn, Senji, etc. didn't care so much about "winning" the abortion debate) that a war on drugs against weed smokers is a lot different than a war on drugs against crackheads. I wouldn't support either, but there are plenty of people who hold the position that a war on some drugs is okay, but others not - in fact I would say the vast majority of people hold this position.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Another Loki Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users