Open Letter to Non Grata

Franz Ferdinand

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have created this topic with the purpose of being able to work out why Non Grata deemed it necessary to expel me during a timeframe when I told them that I would not be active at all (19th December 2013 – 28th December 2013). On what I believe was the 15th (the exact date is lost to me, as I am currently banned from the Non Grata forums and it was posted in the member section), I posted a thread detailing my vacation which the Triumvirate. On the 19th at around 6AM Planet Bob time, I was setting off for my scheduled vacation. When I returned on the 28th, I checked out the Non Grata forums and was hit with a “Sorry, you don’t have permission for that. You are not allowed to visit this community.” Startled by this, I decided to check up on my nation, and was shocked to see that I was no longer a part of any alliance. Looking at (my now former home) Non Grata’s alliance page, I noticed the following message:

You were kicked from this alliance on 12/19/2013 9:22:18 PM by titodafarmer.

This was quite a surprise for me as I was ready to jump back into the fight for Non Grata when I had returned from holiday. In hindsight, going into Peace Mode was a very good move on my part, as it prevented me from being wrecked by the time I returned to the helm.

I understand that I may have done bad things in the past within the alliance, yet I perceived that as water under the bridge. The fact that they decided to boot me while I was unable to defend myself was a feeling of betrayal for me. If they sent me a message to my nation between the 18th and the 22nd, I definitely would not have been able to see it.

At the end of the day, I am left in limbo until Non Grata can explain why I was ejected from the alliance and banned from the forums so I can sufficiently defend myself and so that this whole thing doesn’t end up stinking of a scapegoating of myself by the alliance. The fact that they did this during this war while I was unable to do anything for nine days is quite worrying.

Yours faithfully,
Franz Ferdinand
Former Minister of Internal Affairs at Non Grata

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franz as an Advisor in Non Grata I can with complete sincerity say that I watched this happen from a position of non-partiality.  I can tell you the Tri's did not do this lightly and it was discussed for quite a while.  I would urge you to PM them and discuss this in private like most normal folks would do.  I think you should really look at yourself and why you felt compelled to post this thread as an indicator of why this happened to you.  

Franz as an Advisor in Non Grata I can with complete sincerity say that I watched this happen from a position of non-partiality.  I can tell you the Tri's did not do this lightly and it was discussed for quite a while.  I would urge you to PM them and discuss this in private like most normal folks would do.  I think you should really look at yourself and why you felt compelled to post this thread as an indicator of why this happened to you.  

Derwood, I understand. I've been trying to get into contact with them yet I've been hit with a wall of silence so I felt it necessary to post this thread. When there is no perceived response given, the next thing to do is to prepare an open letter in order to get their attention, which it seems to have done so. Please remember that I had not expected any of this to have happened while I was away and I'm trying to piece everything together. If you can hook me up with a meeting with them, then possibly I can get some sort of closure.

Seems a little odd to deliberately look at removing a member when they don't have the chance to properly defend themselves.

Then again, I'm not one to fan internal flames on these boards. Best of luck Franz, hope you figure out what the deal is and find a home that will treat you more nicely.

Seems a little odd to deliberately look at removing a member when they don't have the chance to properly defend themselves.

Pretty much this, what does it say for the future of NG if they simply expel individuals without the benefit of a defense when they gave no immediate danger to the alliance.

Good luck in the future Franz

*[i]I am not polar gov[/i]

Edited by Marelea

Well it's a good thing I didn't listen to you franz and join ng when I was looking for an aa.

I mean, I can understand that shit happens, people get tired of other people in the same aa, so they kick people they get tired of. But at least the aa should have let you know that they were tired of you and not just kick you without you knowing anything about it and to do it at a time when you couldn't be on due to vacation. What a dick move

Franz, this wasn't done lightly. You know exactly why you were removed from the AA so please stop the nonsensical show here. I can count on one hand the number of people that have been removed from the alliance since I merged in years ago. We don't kick people out for the fun of it. This is going to be my only post here. If you wish to discuss it further please find me on IRC.

Edited by Caustic

Do you ever worry that people might be doing you a favour by not making certain things public and pressuring them to do so may be a bad move? Or are you genuinely baffled?

I don't have anything to hide, if they wish to make it public, I would respond appropriately.

Franz, this wasn't done lightly. You know exactly why you were removed from the AA so please stop the nonsensical show here. I can count on one hand the number of people that have been removed from the alliance since I merged in years ago. We don't kick people out for the fun of it. This is going to be my only post here. If you wish to discuss it further please find me on IRC.

I've sent you a query.

If your actions can't withstand the light of day, they're foul.

You're one of the 3 active members NG has left. I am sad to see you go from NG. However, you tried to get me booted from a few things yourself, and I can't respect that. I see you queried me supposedly after this happened, and I can only guess that was to apologize and try to talk to me or something, this assumption going off of we've never queried before and always been enemies.

If that was the case, then don't waste your time. My pet peeve is when people feel they are above me so they try to trash talk, and when they need someone they try to come to me. Just stating that to nip that one in the butt.

Edited by Rotavele

Yeah, it should have happened while he was around. However, it seems that an open letter was probably also unnecessary, as is my (and my peanut gallery chorts') weighing in on the internal affairs of NG. 

Edited by Farnsworth

Yeah, it should have happened while he was around. However, it seems that an open letter was probably also unnecessary, as is my (and my peanut gallery chorts') weighing in on the internal affairs of NG. 

Don't be silly, my input is always welcome!

Indeed. I presume Polar already practices complete and total transparency with its membership; when will it do so with the global community?

If it is a problem, they have several defensive slots. I am sure NSO would also appreciate you declaring an alliance attacking them, that are actually in your range.

Also in b4, "there is 2 TOP nations in our range, u r wrong"

Edited by Rotavele

I like Steve personally, but this just seems like the latest in a series of unimpressive executive decisions handed down by the triumvirate. This is not an effective way to handle internal dissenters who protest poor policy decisions.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

If it is a problem, they have several defensive slots. I am sure NSO would also appreciate you declaring an alliance attacking them, that are actually in your range.

Also in b4, "there is 2 TOP nations in our range, u r wrong"

No, NSO is pretty happy and grateful to Kashmir for their help. 

You're one of the 3 active members NG has left. I am sad to see you go from NG. However, you tried to get me booted from a few things yourself, and I can't respect that. I see you queried me supposedly after this happened, and I can only guess that was to apologize and try to talk to me or something, this assumption going off of we've never queried before and always been enemies.

If that was the case, then don't waste your time. My pet peeve is when people feel they are above me so they try to trash talk, and when they need someone they try to come to me. Just stating that to nip that one in the butt.

Attempts to make topic about somebody else about himself on the first page.

Go away.

Indeed. I presume Polar already practices complete and total transparency with its membership; when will it do so with the global community?

Yeah - Dajobo doesn't really hide anything. This isn't your grandfather's Polar.

Anyway, on-topic, at this point, most alliance's don't go around kicking people for no reason, especially in NG's situation. I'd like to hear both sides of the story before making a judgement call.

However, as this guy claims to be kiss-stealing son of a gun, I can't help but rally around him.

ric-flair-woo.jpg