Top 5 Defunct Alliances of all time

Rush Sykes

To me it was more of a movement or like, a terrorist cell, than a proper alliance. It existed to accomplish something, it did that, and then they all moved on to different thing. That's my take anyway. You can't deny their impact though.

And to add on to what Random said: Vox had members that weren't on the AA, adding to the guerrilla/terrorist vibe it gave off. It certainly wasn't an alliance by most markers.

it was more beneficial for people to NOT be on the AA and instead be spying on alliances.

There was an AA and everything though. Most of the nominations have been for alliances for what impact they had rather than NS or length of sanction or whatever

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an AA and everything though. Most of the nominations have been for alliances for what impact they had rather than NS or length of sanction or whatever

Vox had an impact, yes, but it was not on par with that of quite a few other defunct organizations. Hell, Vox didn't even give up the CB for Karma, the shitty Vox-lite did. Vox was more a measure to see exactly how much support anti-NPO sentiment had gathered, as compared to a gamechanger. A catalyst to the cause, never the main string-puller.

What the hell is your point jeez you didn't even vote for them.....or are you just trying to post a few "hey look at me I'm cool cause I mentioned Vox" posts....

Vox had an impact, yes, but it was not on par with that of quite a few other defunct organizations. Hell, Vox didn't even give up the CB for Karma, the !@#$%* Vox-lite did. Vox was more a measure to see exactly how much support anti-NPO sentiment had gathered, as compared to a gamechanger. A catalyst to the cause, never the main string-puller.

What?

What the hell is your point jeez you didn't even vote for them.....or are you just trying to post a few "hey look at me I'm cool cause I mentioned Vox" posts....

No I'm really high and I'm wondering what it means to be an alliance

1) MK

2) GOONS

3) FOK

ETA: I'm not sure that I would label Athens as "defunct".  If my memory is correct, they were the biggest in terms of component alliances that merged to form TLR, treaties that held over, and leadership after the merge.  In that sense, TLR was the successor state of Athens.

Edited by Azaghul

I see alot of votes for LUE.. but I dont really see why. MK is what LUE got right. At the end of the day, LUE folded , not to the norms most alliances fold to (inactivity and time catching up with them)... rather they folded to political pressures. I suppose you could make the argument that that (in and of itself)... effected the world greatly, I just do not see it.

Basically because they were a leader, even if they failed. 

I'm surprised at the lack of vox votes

I considered it, but I figured I'd stick to the more traditional role of an alliance. The main Vox AA was essentially just a front for Doitzel, Sponge, myself, Moridin, Schatt, etc, to argue on the forums and show there was still a Vox presence. Majority of Vox was behind the scenes.

To me it was more of a movement or like, a terrorist cell, than a proper alliance. It existed to accomplish something, it did that, and then they all moved on to different thing. That's my take anyway. You can't deny their impact though.

That's pretty spot on.

I see alot of votes for LUE.. but I dont really see why. MK is what LUE got right. At the end of the day, LUE folded , not to the norms most alliances fold to (inactivity and time catching up with them)... rather they folded to political pressures. I suppose you could make the argument that that (in and of itself)... effected the world greatly, I just do not see it.

There has never been drama like NPO-LUE drama. It was just simply a matchup of polar opposites with many friends, back when politics were fresh. The Great Wars revolving around this rivalry are still the best we've ever seen.

well this is wrong