TPF/STA Peace

Tiagoroth

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a non issue as far as I am concerned. TPF/STA lost the war as we knew we would going in so we both surrendered to the winning coalition. Surrender, non surrender just words. Congrats all around, look forward to the next one.

: ::ADULT SENSORS ACTIVATED:: :

Edited by Schattenmann

I kinda miss reparations tbh. All this white peace business makes wars far less consequential and meaningful.

Also good fight to Sven of TPF, couldn't have been a fun one for you buddy, respect for hanging in there.

Hey, you play with the cards you're dealt.  You guys, as I expected, were extremely well coordinated.

So that TPF gets spared another four years of bawwing that they got white peace before everyone else on their side again :P

In all seriousness, this is good to see.

Alright guys, we got the UjW reference out of the way, anyone want to godwin and make a Great War reference so I can finish my bingo card?

[spoiler]tumblr_mr18b9mEdi1rmbm9bo1_500.gif[/spoiler]

Questions posed.

In the DoW thread it seemed STA was mad at Polar for not trying hard enough on STA's behalf to keep this gangbang from happening. Think I got that right, but it's been a while.

At any rate, asked of STA members: Is STA still mad? Or does Polar helping broker peace help some?

Questions posed.

In the DoW thread it seemed STA was mad at Polar for not trying hard enough on STA's behalf to keep this gangbang from happening. Think I got that right, but it's been a while.

At any rate, asked of STA members: Is STA still mad? Or does Polar helping broker peace help some?

What makes you think STA should be happy about anyone brokering any peace?  STA were prepared to carry this on for a year or more and you think it's STA and not others who are happy to get out of it?  I suspect those who would have been on the sharp end of STA attention in the next couple of weeks or so are the happy ones.  Maybe you should ask their opinion. 

Edited by TigerBaby

STA isn't truly mad.  We just find the idea of coalition warfare completely idiotic.  Why have treaties when all you need is to roll with one side who will fight with you regardless of whether or not you are treatied with them?

STA is an alliance that stands by their treaty partners.  What annoys us is how alliances that are not even allied to NADC came to their aid due to coalition needs rather than helping their allies.  We understood that helping TPF wouldn't be comfortable, but we also can't understand the idea of not helping our allies and instead oA'ing on a completely unrelated front.  The anger some people might have seen directed toward Polar was because it was assumed they called the shots and made some people declare on us.  That wasn't really the case, but we still think that disregarding treaty partners is ludicrous.  

STA isn't truly mad.  We just find the idea of coalition warfare completely idiotic.  Why have treaties when all you need is to roll with one side who will fight with you regardless of whether or not you are treatied with them?

STA is an alliance that stands by their treaty partners.  What annoys us is how alliances that are not even allied to NADC came to their aid due to coalition needs rather than helping their allies.  We understood that helping TPF wouldn't be comfortable, but we also can't understand the idea of not helping our allies and instead oA'ing on a completely unrelated front.  The anger some people might have seen directed toward Polar was because it was assumed they called the shots and made some people declare on us.  That wasn't really the case, but we still think that disregarding treaty partners is ludicrous.  

Personally I support your line of thinking, it'd make wars far messier than the clean cut sides coalition warfare brings, it'd be nice to have wars be a complete clusterfuck.

I think STA is truly the last alliance that has any amount of decency in those regards.  You are one of the few alliances that can really say this with a straight face.

Part of me is glad to know that no one can complain about oA chains or pre-empts anymore (except STA, and a few other AAs).  This war and the last, brought about the longest, most pre-emptastic fronts I've ever seen going back to GWIII.  But it does make great wars less interesting as they are now basically treaty-less free-for-alls.  It makes me wonder if we'll start to see coalition treaties pop up during a war and just be done with the trend of ignoring non-chaining clauses.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

i can understand surrender, i can understand white peace...but why not make it even on both?

it's not like TPF/STA were NG/NPO/NSO/CnG or anything

As I understand, there was one alliance in particular who we were fighting who demanded it. I was never told exactly who, but I'd put my money on MCXA . Now that this is over, I have no qualms about saying that MCXA is a terrible alliance, which should be of no surprise to anybody. Particularly interesting was their attempt to threaten an 15 member alliance with war for sending us 400 tech over a 10 day period. Outside of MCXA, everybody else was pretty good, and it was a pleasure.

But honestly, "we admit defeat" is just a bunch of words, no different then "I love you" in that you really don't have to mean it to say it.

Edited by memoryproblems

I think STA is truly the last alliance that has any amount of decency in those regards.  You are one of the few alliances that can really say this with a straight face.

Part of me is glad to know that no one can complain about oA chains or pre-empts anymore (except STA, and a few other AAs).  This war and the last, brought about the longest, most pre-emptastic fronts I've ever seen going back to GWIII.  But it does make great wars less interesting as they are now basically treaty-less free-for-alls.  It makes me wonder if we'll start to see coalition treaties pop up during a war and just be done with the trend of ignoring non-chaining clauses.

there's the great war reference, now I just need a godwin for my bingo!

[spoiler]tumblr_inline_mqqxm6cWwg1qz4rgp.gif[/spoiler]