Winter is Here

Moufassa

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to remember this precedent you tried to set.  That you could attack anyone you wanted to and just claim there was a treaty there to justify the pre-empt.

Would have been more fun to post a treaty announcement and declaration of war based on said treaty in the same thread. Missed opportunity, really.

It feels like... maybe you should listen to your own advice... I really don't feel Umbrella has anything to say on the topic of loyalty. 

After all the shit we had to put up with from your leader before and during last war, this is truly amusing.

You should be a comedian.  

Most alliance's loyalty to each other begins at the pragmatic usefulness of the tie and ends at the liabilities inherent in the tie as well as the limitations it imposes.  Most alliances complaining here are truly no different in that regard, but are just a bit more subtle about it and thus feel they can hopefully point fingers without anyone acknowledging their obvious hypocrisy.  

It's really why I avoid coming here for the most part, but it just gets to be too much fun during the first few weeks of war.  Case and point, all the whining and crying in this thread.  It's the type of thing that gives me the nourishment I need to get through the rest of the CN year.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

Goddamn man. Does the whining and e-lawyering never end? There is not a single thread on this entire forum that is free of your bellyaching.

Losing sucks. We've all been there. Don't be remembered as the guy who refused to accept it. Just shut up and fight already.

-Craig

To be fair to Steve, he is fighting, I know since he declared on me.  Let me tell ya guys, his nukes, they hurt a little bit.

To be fair to Steve, he is fighting, I know since he declared on me.  Let me tell ya guys, his nukes, they hurt a little bit.

You have been excellent fighters, that was a awesome 5-man coordinated blitz.  I've had an F5'ing blast!  I just don't think Craig really knows what whining is and how politics/posting style play out in the OWF.  He's never talked to me personally, so he wouldn't really know how much fun I'm having.  Usual case of pre-judging someone.  No worries.

Good times DDL, the nukes you got were weak compared to them now. :P  Maybe after the war you can nuke me for old times sake.

You have been excellent fighters, that was a awesome 5-man coordinated blitz.  I've had an F5'ing blast!  I just don't think Craig really knows what whining is and how politics/posting style play out in the OWF.  He's never talked to me personally, so he wouldn't really know how much fun I'm having.  Usual case of pre-judging someone.  No worries.

Good times DDL, the nukes you got were weak compared to them now. :P  Maybe after the war you can nuke me for old times sake.

I'll keep you to it :p

After all the shit we had to put up with from your leader before and during last war, this is truly amusing.

Natan: I would easily throw ODN under a bus if it means I could start a war (paraphrasing) 

Case and Point. You deserved any and all you got from OsRavan for throwing us under the bus and then giving us the cold shoulder. Now you are turning on the ally that put the put the most on the line last war in terms of wars and pixels. Maybe that constitutes loyalty in Umbrella's book, but it sure doesn't in mine.

Well, this complicates things. I do wish LoSS godspeed, though I don't condone the actions that have led them here. Honestly, I'm not too surprised to see this coming from VE, but I'd have hoped to not see LoSS doing something like this. There are few things in this realm that cannot be taken from you -- integrity is among them. I hate to see it wasted. I'll echo others in saying that I hope this treaty was indeed in the works prewar, not that it makes a significant difference.

Anyway, I'll take the opportunity to remind everyone that LoSS is an ally of DT. I'm feeling a bit like I imagine NG was feeling during the opening stages of the Eq War...

Most alliance's loyalty to each other begins at the pragmatic usefulness of the tie and ends at the liabilities inherent in the tie as well as the limitations it imposes.  Most alliances complaining here are truly no different in that regard, but are just a bit more subtle about it and thus feel they can hopefully point fingers without anyone acknowledging their obvious hypocrisy.  

It's really why I avoid coming here for the most part, but it just gets to be too much fun during the first few weeks of war.  Case and point, all the whining and crying in this thread.  It's the type of thing that gives me the nourishment I need to get through the rest of the CN year.

Oh please, this is the biggest crock of crap I have read. We're talking about how many pixels and allies were burned for Umbrella's measly games and to even suggest this about ODN just goes to show you how arrogant you are. This also goes for CnG as well.

Now you are turning on the ally that put the put the most on the line last war in terms of wars and pixels. 

And exactly who was that?  I can think of no one that really stood out to us in our coalition last war that isn't on our side in this one.  Certainly not anyone currently in C&G.  

Honestly we were most impressed by and felt most indebted to TOP and, wouldn't you know it, here we are defending them this war.  

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

And exactly who was that?  I can think of no one that really stood out to us in our coalition last war that isn't on our side in this one.  Certainly not anyone currently in C&G.  

Honestly we were most impressed by and felt most indebted to TOP and, wouldn't you know it, here we are defending them this war.  

Maybe Umbrella should learn to read stat pages then. ODN was tops in most categories indicative of devotion (wars declared, NS lost, etc.). TOP was great for sure. But that doesn't make up for the middle finger to us. I'm not bitter. I'm just saying don't come in here and try to school someone on loyalty.

I'm just saying don't come in here and try to school someone on loyalty.

No, see you're the one going around various DoWs like Valhalla's trying to claim moral high-ground that your alliance has no business standing on.  

amossio was just  defending his former alliance by pointing out that fact.  Neither him nor myself have claimed that Umbrella is morally superior to anyone.  We're just kind of wondering why you're going around spouting self-righteous outrage when your leader has engaged in shady political maneuvering as well.  I mean I seem to recall you guys launching a pre-emptive strike on your treaty partner's blocmate back in grudge war right?  Most would not consider that very loyal or honorable.  And while we've done such things as well, we're not the ones taking offense to other alliances' actions in this war.  We're not criticizing what you've done, but rather the fact that you did those things and then seemed to forget about it long enough to point your finger at other alliances for doing similarly shady things.

No, see you're the one going around various DoWs like Valhalla's trying to claim moral high-ground that your alliance has no business standing on.  

amossio was just  defending his former alliance by pointing out that fact.  Neither him nor myself have claimed that Umbrella is morally superior to anyone.  We're just kind of wondering why you're going around spouting self-righteous outrage when your leader has engaged in shady political maneuvering as well.  I mean I seem to recall you guys launching a pre-emptive strike on your treaty partner's blocmate back in grudge war right?  Most would not consider that very loyal or honorable.  And while we've done such things as well, we're not the ones taking offense to other alliances' actions in this war.  We're not criticizing what you've done, but rather the fact that you did those things and then seemed to forget about it long enough to point your finger at other alliances for doing similarly shady things.

Goal post shift / Strawman much? It doesn't matter how you conduct war overall, it doesn't matter if you preempt someone who was going to come in anyway, when it comes down to it I've only commented on one issue and that was loyalty. I comment because alliances like Valhalla and LoSS have none and I find it funny that Umbrella (who has very little) is the one to come to their defense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to decipher what I've been saying and yet you seem to be struggling.