Das Girl Memorial: A GATO Announcement

bannerannoun.png

(Disclaimer: [OOC] Note that Das Girl had only deleted from Cyber Nations and has not passed away in Real Life. Not to cause confusion for anyone. Thank you. [/OOC])

[center]photo-9964.jpg?_r=0[/center]

Dear Citizens of Planet Bob,

I come before you today with grave news from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. A short four days ago, Das Girl of Acornia has departed from this world, on the day of October the 17th, 2013, the oldest nation in Cyber Nations. She was 2,832 days old, and has seen many of things come and go on Planet Bob. 

For those of you that don't know Das Girl was one of the original members of GATO and also moved on to become one of the most respected members of our entire history. She is most notably done most of her work in Recruitment and the High Court of our glorious alliance. 

Here are some of the comments coming from our General Assembly, in regards too Das Girl, and her grand tenure in GATO.

Gym

Das girl was the very pillar of what it meant to be a GATOan.
Many of the oldest nations within GATO were brought to this alliance by her, and many more were taught what to meant to be a part of this community. Das girl helped to pump the life blood of GATO in immeasurable ways and not only did she help it shape our early character- she helped to instill the sense of Justice and Honour that has been the corner stone of what the very definition of an upstanding member of the General Assembly aspires to be. Most of what GATO now holds dear and in reverence was crafted with skill and clarity of purpose by many- but I dare say most would agree that Das was the chief architect.

kerschbs

Wow, a staple to both this alliance and this game. Das recruited dozens of nations for GATO, many of whom would go on to be some of our most prominent. It's a shame her activity was nonexistent at the end, she was a pleasure to work/speak with.

Griffy

Das Girl was such a lovely woman. She's always been kind hearted and well spoken. She helped me out through a lot of personal issues. I'm going to miss her in GATO.

<3

o/ Das Girl forever

Wootmeister

Das recruited me. So those of you who like that fact have her to thank. She was also a great person to talk to on IRC, it's too bad she hasn't been around in some time.

maxfiles

she recruited me to gato... I am so sad to see this happen.

Daedalus27 as jokingly notes

Before you go mourning her, remember she recruited me twice (my original membership and my viceroy excommunication to MCXA).  So perhaps the passing is merely atoning for her sins of inflicting me on the alliance.

Morte

Thanks for recruiting me Das. It was a pleasure.

As you can see, it is a sad and mournful time in the halls of GATO. We praise Das Girl for all and everything she has done for our community and alliance. But, as we all know, everything comes and goes in the world, and this was just her time.

We also wanted to take a moment and now recognize the now newest award holder of the oldest nation on Planet Bob. Congratulations to Fine Arts of Fine Arts - Aqua Team of Old Guard, standing at a whomping 2,835 Days old! Take pride in such an astonishing achievement, Fine Arts! Remember that it took you 2,833 days to get it too!! :)

So in ending, the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization wanted to say, "Fare thee well, Das Girl, you will be sorely missed in these great halls of GATO!"

o/ Das Girl
o/ GATO

Disclaimer: [OOC] Note that Das Girl had only deleted from Cyber Nations and has not passed away in Real Life. Not to cause confusion for anyone. Thank you. [/OOC]

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

I come before you today with grave news from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. A short four days ago, Das Girl of Acornia has departed from this world, on the day of October the 17th, 2013.

I don't think you could possibly have worded this any more poorly.

Always sad to see a historic figure go, regardless of alliance.

This isn't a hit on her, but I looked at her nation a couple of months ago and it was clear that she's never been an avid nation builder, so she must have stayed around for the GATO community.