MDoAP Announcement

Can we just agree that everyone is different?
We dont play how you do? So what? Blocs still exist in TE even without treaties. So some people like to make it formal. Be it for professionalism, RPing, whatever....
This treaty is just a friendship on paper. 

Why is it so shunned? 

Diversity is one thing that makes Steve/Bob a great place. Just accept it and move on, please....

Friendship? Sure, I'm perfectly okay with that. I have friends in OP (obviously), RE, Hellas, NDO, TPC, Warriors, SUN, TFK, RB, Catharsis, NAO, CoS, NLoN, Misfits, etc.

But a MDoAP is much more than just a "friendship on paper". Anyone wanting to attack Misfits or Skaro for now on will have it group them together in the DoW, as they are now obliged to defend each other from attack no matter what. It just makes things more complicated for everyone. Let's say there's an alliance who would be able to hit Skaro or Misfits and have everything say that it's a fair war, but now said alliance can't hit either because of this treaty, because whichever one didn't get hit would have to declare on the aggressor...making it a curbstomp.

For reference:

Any direct attack on either signatory should be seen as an attack on
both, and thus initiating the mobilization of both signatories' armed
forces (this includes espionage and rogue attacks). In this scenario,
both signatories are IN for the fight of their lives and MUST provide all the rocks,
sticks, paper and scissors they can find to the other if requested.

You might as well just merge.

EDIT: Keep in mind that I have nothing against CoS and I have nothing against Misfits (other than, you know, that one guy, but other than him you guys are alright in my book). I'm just being honest. Treaties in TE simply do not work well at all. Edited by Kurdanak

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friendship? Sure, I'm perfectly okay with that. I have friends in OP (obviously), RE, Hellas, NDO, TPC, Warriors, SUN, TFK, RB, Catharsis, NAO, CoS, NLoN, Misfits, etc.

But a MDoAP is much more than just a "friendship on paper". Anyone wanting to attack Misfits or Skaro for now on will have it group them together in the DoW, as they are now obliged to defend each other from attack no matter what. It just makes things more complicated for everyone. Let's say there's an alliance who would be able to hit Skaro or Misfits and have everything say that it's a fair war, but now said alliance can't hit either because of this treaty, because whichever one didn't get hit would have to declare on the aggressor...making it a curbstomp.

For reference:You might as well just merge.

Why should anyone be able to just declare on whoever they want? TE used to have morals and now it's just a mess.

if the aggressor was smart enough they would attack someone else..... alliances discuss to attack others and then become enemies again after the war. at least we are making our connections known.

I'm not here to argue or whatever.... but we don't complain that you don't use treaties.

if i'm right, most of the big guns wouldn't be here this day if it weren't for treaties... have a look back at your alliances history before trash talking here.

Why should anyone be able to just declare on whoever they want? TE used to have morals and now it's just a mess.
if the aggressor was smart enough they would attack someone else..... alliances discuss to attack others and then become enemies again after the war. at least we are making our connections known.

How does declaring on someone just because (in a game version where war is the specific purpose) not having morals? What if there isn't anyone else in range? They'd just have to chill out and do nothing and eventually be called out for "war dodging" or have to mash together a ton of micros into an unfun, unfair war.

if i'm right, most of the big guns wouldn't be here this day if it weren't for treaties... have a look back at your alliances history before trash talking here.

Please bring up specific examples from history. Thread links would be nice. Seriously, if you have physical proof, I want to see it. I love history. ^_^

And I'm not talking trash. I'm trying to give honest advice. Whether you choose to take it or not is none of my concern, but don't claim that I'm trash talking. Edited by Kurdanak

Judgment.... if you do not know what or who judgment is, then please don't argue with me about TE's history.

You may also find MANY treaties on the TE archive forum.

I don't know what or whom Judgment is. Please link me to information so I can educate myself on him/it. I'm hardly arguing with you on TE's history. I'm explaining what I see as faults in treaties in current day TE. Like I said, take my advice or leave it - I couldn't really care less. I just want to be sure you understand where everyone else who appear to be bashing treaties (not that I can speak for them, but I can only assume the majority of them agree with me here) are coming from. I don't believe in just spitting out threats or flaming left and right, but I do believe in explaining my point of view (something that I encourage everyone else here to do instead of making jokes and one sentence comments that add nothing to the thread).

P.S. Can someone find me the most recent treaty that wasn't from Misfits? I'm in the TE OWF Archive and I've gone two years back so far without seeing a single one, unless I missed it. I'm still searching on, though.

P.P.S. I do have to admit that I appreciate Auctor's form of trolling, though. :v: Edited by Kurdanak

Amen sister :P

B-)

Partner ... Just go and ... hum!  "We are Partners now ...We are Partners now... we are..."    peaceful mantra...! LOL! :lol1: :P

Well NAO and Skaro have an MDoAP that states either side is obligated to help UPON REQUEST.

Despite that, us and Skaro have done our own separate wars and only use this treaty when we feel its needed.

We at NAO gladly honor that treaty and hope Skaro feels the same.

This is no different than the ussual friends we see in TE... Its just written down. Its also an announcement of said friendship as an international political statement and fair warning....

So what?....

Well NAO and Skaro have an MDoAP that states either side is obligated to help UPON REQUEST.

Despite that, us and Skaro have done our own separate wars and only use this treaty when we feel its needed.
We at NAO gladly honor that treaty and hope Skaro feels the same.

This is no different than the ussual friends we see in TE... Its just written down. Its also an announcement of said friendship as an international political statement and fair warning....

So what?....

I don't think I've gotten a chance to meet you, or at least talk to you personally yet. So, hello! Say hello to mordor as well for me, if you don't mind. :)

I can't remember what time period to look to find that treaty, so I can't comment on it. However, in this one, it states that:

both signatories are IN for the fight of their lives and MUST provide all the rocks,

There appears to be nothing "optional" about the defense section, aside from the non-chaining clause. It's an all in, no matter what, kind of clause.

[size=1]Copy of the treaty in its current state for future reference in-case it gets changed eventually here - I don't want to look too insane![/size]
[spoiler]

[size=8]A Cult of Skaro and Misfit [/size]

[size=8]Announcement[/size]

en_botao_culto_skaro.jpg

logo.JPG

A mutual defense and optional aggression pact has been agreed upon by the cult of skaro and the misfits.

DoctorWhoDalekExplain-1.gif

Preamble

Recognizing our strong friendship born out of an extensive staring and laughing at each other,
our common dedication to success, and
to ensure the safety of both alliances from the evils of influenza,  boredom, murder, 
and similar nasty attacks, the
Misfits and the Cult of Skaro agree to the following behavioral Rules for a 
non-binding mutual defense and optional aggression.

Article I

Both signatories recognize that this pact is not a mushing of the two
alliances, and that both alliances will retain their full and complete
split personalities(!). Neither signatory shall take any action that could
potentially infringe or spark a tantrum on the sovereignty of the other.

5877408952_cd2a99c6a1.jpg

Article II

Both signatories recognize the importance of strong and constant
communication both during war and in peace and will remain in contact
through IRC, on forums,smoke signs,pigeons,telegrams,letters,sign banners,
and/or through other means of communication. If either signatory receives information

pertaining a detailed threat against the safety of the other

(direct aggression, threat of war, espionage,shortage of medicine,etc),

they are obliged to inform the threatened party immediately.

misfits-flash-transparent-skull.gif

The respective parties are not obliged to offer assistance should either
signatory alliance become involved in a conflict with other Health Suppliers,
other madmen patients, alliances or blocs. Either signatory alliance(They or US!) may offer
assistance in such an event(to US or They!); but any assistance would,should & will be VOLUNTARY
(like giving Blood samples...Oh,no!) .

Article IV

If one party finds itself as an instigator in a conflict, the other
party may join in if they feel the cause is valid(always is!), and the conduct just(perfect!).
Otherwise they may refuse services(Boo Hoo!).

Neither signatory will take actions that could potentially damage the
other. Neither will provide aid or sanctuary to any mentally ill enemy of the other
signatory despite he could be visiting the same doctors and nurses...! . Neither will
engage in attacks, either through military,espionage,insults,dares nor squealing to their parents against the
other(even if they! request that fun from us!); and... both parties will work to resolve 
any disputes that may from time to time emerge between their respective members.

doctor-who-dalek-exterminate_design.png

Article VI

If either signatory wishes to terminate these accords, they must provide
the other with at least 48 hours notice, at which time both signatories
will enter into discussions to determine if reasons for termination can
be resolved.

Signed, Agreed on, and mostly written by these guys: 

Cult of SKARO :[/size]

SUPREME DALEK - HDSupreme of Dalek Don.[/size]
AA Owner - Danger, of Catsland.[/size]
Field Marshal DALEK - Thanatos, of DARKON[/size]
Master Trader DALEK - Michael Knight, of MacGyver[/size]
A Adviser DALEK - I am nobody,of Caledonia.[/size]

The Misfits : 

[size=4]Boss - Kaboom
Capo(Foreign Affairs) - DipxHitman
Capo(Economic Advisor) - Incorp
[/size]

Made to look pretty, produced, and edited by 

Misfit_logo_150_white.png

SWAZZ

[/spoiler] Edited by Kurdanak

Well, this isnt our treaty, nor can I speak for either AA. But I still dont understand the fuss...

I mean, if us Skaro and Misfits all downdeclared an AA, Im sure SOMEBODY would back them up. 

In the end, I think a few treaties make TE more interesting than the ussual repeat of the same wars over and over. 

Things need spiced up. Repeating ourselves gets boring and I like the RP aspect of it all to be honest.

PS: Will say hello to Mordor. o/

Judgment.... if you do not know what or who judgment is, then please don't argue with me about TE's history.

You may also find MANY treaties on the TE archive forum.

I challenge you or anyone to show proof of any treaties between OP and another AA since Hal took over leadership of OP.

Why is OP so butthurt still? You curbstomped us, we moved on. Do the same instead of being the bully you want to be. I have seen your members do nothing less than troll everything affiliated to misfits. To be honest, it's starting to piss me off. You are the number one ranked alliance? Cool, I honestly don't give a shit but don't use it to your benefit to feel the need to push us around.

Dearest Kurdanak,

We appreciate you always hovering over our posts like a helicopter parent. We also appreciate the fact that you know everything and we're always willing to embrace your "honest criticism". We're profoundly sorry that we're the ones who troll our own topics, our own war pages, our own treaty agreements and we thank you for pointing out that we are always just trolling ourselves. Most of all kurdy, I'm personally sorry for my incredibly important role in misfits (the maker of pretty things) and my role in CNT in general, pointing out your own hypocrisies, back alleyway treaties, and overwhelming amount of sheer ugliness in the make believe world where you're the royal highness. God forbid there ever exist liberty in your ideal cnt, the right that every person can be honest and speak a language of truth and not hypocrisy. 

We here at Misfits and Skaro can only pray, hope, and work toward the gold standard of corruption and hypocrisy set by yourself and others. We aspire that one day we can embed our treaties in the sea floor as you do rather than embrace and celebrate with our friends in an open and public manner. It is with great appreciation that we are able to celebrate our alliance with the honorable Cult of Skaro and we accept you, paul, bombuator, lonewolf and others with open hearts as our guests of honor in this celebration of our treaty. 

We hope that one day we will live up to the golden standards set by yourself, op, and others and achieve a level of hypocrisy and corruption that is favorable with you. Until then, please grant us the mercy of having different ideas than yourself and a level of play which involves integrity. 

KhK4v9V.gif

Thank you - please continue with celebrations, 

Swazz en Hinger

Dearest Kurdanak,

We appreciate you always hovering over our posts like a helicopter parent. We also appreciate the fact that you know everything and we're always willing to embrace your "honest criticism". We're profoundly sorry that we're the ones who troll our own topics, our own war pages, our own treaty agreements and we thank you for pointing out that we are always just trolling ourselves. Most of all kurdy, I'm personally sorry for my incredibly important role in misfits (the maker of pretty things) and my role in CNT in general, pointing out your own hypocrisies, back alleyway treaties, and overwhelming amount of sheer ugliness in the make believe world where you're the royal highness. God forbid there ever exist liberty in your ideal cnt, the right that every person can be honest and speak a language of truth and not hypocrisy. 

We here at Misfits and Skaro can only pray, hope, and work toward the gold standard of corruption and hypocrisy set by yourself and others. We aspire that one day we can embed our treaties in the sea floor as you do rather than embrace and celebrate with our friends in an open and public manner. It is with great appreciation that we are able to celebrate our alliance with the honorable Cult of Skaro and we accept you, paul, bombuator, lonewolf and others with open hearts as our guests of honor in this celebration of our treaty. 

We hope that one day we will live up to the golden standards set by yourself, op, and others and achieve a level of hypocrisy and corruption that is favorable with you. Until then, please grant us the mercy of having different ideas than yourself and a level of play which involves integrity. 

KhK4v9V.gif

Swazz en Hinger

Swazz coming in classy. I'm liking this side! If you guys really get lippy with swazz over this, I suggest you get your head out of your ass for minutes.

Why should anyone be able to just declare on whoever they want?

In TE it is widely accepted that you do not need a reason for war, because wars are based off of statistics, not valid cb's. Even in wars where you declare a war for moral reasons, people still try to make the statistics fair. That's of course not always the case, and I could be wrong here, but when curbstomps are taking place, TE alliances can intervene to make the stats again, more fair. I've seen alliances do just that. So formal treaties are rendered unnecessary.

I mean, if us Skaro and Misfits all downdeclared an AA, Im sure SOMEBODY would back them up.

See above post.

But I still dont understand the fuss...

I've only been playing TE the past few rounds, so trust me when I say I'm no expert and I'm especially no historian. But I'll try to explain why there is such a fuss over this anyway. The more I play TE, the more I realize that TE is a more perfect version of SE. In SE you have treaty webs that in so many different scenarios, alliances that may be on one side of the war in one scenario, could be on a different side in another. Sometimes alliances have valid CB's for war, and sometimes alliances work to make one up. If an alliance hits another for no reason at all, then there's a fuss there. Treaties are meant to ensure that you have superiority in a war, with no regard for fairness, but rather survival.

In TE, we take the bullshit out of war. There's no having to dig up dirt on alliances to piece something together so that the masses on the OWF will be appeased. We're here to war, not to worry about different axis' the treaty web would spin on in different scenarios. War is nothing personal here, because that's what were here for. Wars are meant to be fair for everyone's survival. To me, that's why it's such a big deal. Do alliances make friends with other alliances in TE? Of course they do! But that doesn't mean that in the interest of statistically fair war they wouldn't hit one another. There are of course courtesies that you provide them, but there aren't really no sex pacts that don't include special circumstances.

Edited by Samwise

These arguments aren't even valid to begin with. All misfits and skaro have done is announce their friendship to the public. Numerous alliances make deals behind close doors at the beginning of each round. It is what it is

[spoiler]

Fo14CB3.png

[/spoiler]

Don't flatter yourself, dearest Swazz. I'm not here for you - I'm here for my buddies in Skaro. :wub:
But what can I say? You're quality entertainment. If anyone else were to announce a treaty, I'd explain my thoughts to them the same as I have to you. It would be rather vain to believe that I have some vendetta against Misfits as a whole. I do appreciate the compliment, but I've admitted in this very thread that I don't know everything. Hence why I request threads to further educate myself on TE history. Ignorance is not bliss. But trust me, I've given up on you embracing anything I say a long time ago. However, just like with NAO way back in the day, Misfits has at least one leader that I definitely feel has the potential to realize your true character. I feel that in a different environment I could get along with EddyH and yung flow just fine. Hell, even in this environment I enjoy talking to EddyH. At least he reads and debates my thoughts instead of just claiming that I am butthurt or flattering himself on being the knight in shining armour that calls out Kurdanak's evil-doings.

KhK4v9V.gif

But, alas, that seal is adorable.

Swazz coming in classy. I'm liking this side! If you guys really get lippy with swazz over this, I suggest you get your head out of your ass for minutes.

No offense to you, but this reply made me laugh. I could tell you some fun stories about Swazz and his "class".

P.S. I like fighting with words and actions, just so you know. Double the fun! ^_^ Edited by Kurdanak

Dearest Kurdanak,

KhK4v9V.gif

Swazz en Hinger

Problem with anything you post in support of Misfits, Swazz, is that once you get kicked out Misfits you will start to bash them.

To the actual treaty I really could not care the slightest about Misfits or Skaro and I don't mean that in a mean way. What your public announcement does is place a bullseye squarely on the both of you. Let me elaborate, and I believe most of the AA leaders will agree with me, in looking for a war Misfits and Skaro may not be a fair fight. If one hits Misfits they have to hit Skaro and once 2 smaller AAs now appear as a 1 bigger AA and makes you a much more tantalizing target and a fairer option than hitting each solo.

Edited by paul711

<iamthey>To: mannx    From: iamthey    Date: 10/19/2013 1:19:01 AM

<iamthey>Subject: Battle Report
<iamthey>Message: You have been attacked by iamthey. 
<iamthey>You lost 142 soldiers and 186 tanks. You killed 63 soldiers and 5 tanks. Their forces razed 20.461 miles of your land, stole 2.304 technology, and destroyed 23.037 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.80 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.
<iamthey>In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Good showing misfits, good show.

Congrats to misfits on their treaty with the cult, they put up a most honorable fight against OP.

<iamthey>To: mannx    From: iamthey    Date: 10/19/2013 1:19:01 AM

<iamthey>Subject: Battle Report
<iamthey>Message: You have been attacked by iamthey. 
<iamthey>You lost 142 soldiers and 186 tanks. You killed 63 soldiers and 5 tanks. Their forces razed 20.461 miles of your land, stole 2.304 technology, and destroyed 23.037 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.80 from you and you gained $0.00 in your enemy's abandoned equipment.
<iamthey>In the end the battle was a Defeat. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Good showing misfits, good show.

ITS A DOWN DECLAARREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

Edited by iamthey

Dearest Kurdanak,

KhK4v9V.gif

Swazz en Hinger

TL;DR - Wall of text I didn't read  

To: bombuator    From: Swazz    Date: 10/16/2013 12:21:30 AM

Subject: RE: Nice

Message: oh god my alliance actually agreed to a treaty and want me to make it public. treaties are dumb and making it public is advertising stupidity. oh well. at least we're not like you making shady deals left and right that will only get you screwed in the end. 

Like you said, treaties are stupid, or at least publicly posting them. It restricts what your alliance can do and even what wars you can get into.

Gentlemen and ladies, we're getting way off topic here. You've brought up a dozen or so different issues which don't pertain directly to our pact with skaro. If you're not going to be a respectable guest and say something positive then why waste time saying anything at all? I've been reading all of the volumes of wisdom Kurdanak has put out for over a year now. Honestly, I find more educational value and interest in a .gif of a beautiful seal. I'm honored that kurdy and company seem to want to mention me as much as possible but if you'd like me to address your fictitious and vicious insinuations I will answer them in another thread of your choosing. I'm not too sure what I've done as chief decorator of Misfits to harm you but if your feelings are hurt over something I will gladly coax them into a bliss in another thread. Again Kurdy, I'm sorry if we flatter and troll ourselves in our own treaty agreements, war declarations, and our own other creations. However,  out of respect to the nearly 50 nations in Skaro and Misfits please stay on topic.

There are many strategic advantages to this pact and many of the assumptions made, specifically by paul, are completely fictitious. The biggest down declare of this round came when Paul and OP declared on Misfits and TPC. We're already going to be grouped up with (insert random alliance) so big alliances can have "fair" wars on paper. To even the playing field, Misfits and Skaro will work extensively to have a plan of action in place in case one or the other is attacked. This will be more cohesive than "Hey UPN we just got hit by OP", "UPN: yeah we did too let's coordinate". The ability to pre-coordinate and prevent further loss of strength supercedes last minute coordination. The fact that his treaty has prompted such a strong reaction from Hellas, OP, and Kurdy (all supporters of OPs down declare) should serve as comfort to Misfit/Skaro nations that they do not want us to be coordinated because they know it's not in their best interests. Despite OPs very sketchy record of supporting the will between two sovereign alliances this treaty will be honored hopefully at all costs, for the sake of integrity. The treaty has been signed, published, and delivered. We don't need it to be baptised in the holy water or blessed, there is nothing you can do about forcing people to unsign it and throw it away so just accept it and move on and if you'd like celebrate with us - we have more .gifs to cover for whatever amount of wisdom you'd like you convey Kurdy. 

Again Kurdy, I'm sorry for hurting you as the self proclaimed chief decorator of Misfits. I hope that one day, one day, you can forgive me. 

tumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o2_250.giftumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o3_250.giftumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o5_250.gif

Gentlemen and ladies, we're getting way off topic here. You've brought up a dozen or so different issues which don't pertain directly to our pact with skaro. If you're not going to be a respectable guest and say something positive then why waste time saying anything at all? I've been reading all of the volumes of wisdom Kurdanak has put out for over a year now. Honestly, I find more educational value and interest in a .gif of a beautiful seal. I'm honored that kurdy and company seem to want to mention me as much as possible but if you'd like me to address your fictitious and vicious insinuations I will answer them in another thread of your choosing. I'm not too sure what I've done as chief decorator of Misfits to harm you but if your feelings are hurt over something I will gladly coax them into a bliss in another thread. Again Kurdy, I'm sorry if we flatter and troll ourselves in our own treaty agreements, war declarations, and our own other creations. However,  out of respect to the nearly 50 nations in Skaro and Misfits please stay on topic.

There are many strategic advantages to this pact and many of the assumptions made, specifically by paul, are completely fictitious. The biggest down declare of this round came when Paul and OP declared on Misfits and TPC. We're already going to be grouped up with (insert random alliance) so big alliances can have "fair" wars on paper. To even the playing field, Misfits and Skaro will work extensively to have a plan of action in place in case one or the other is attacked. This will be more cohesive than "Hey UPN we just got hit by OP", "UPN: yeah we did too let's coordinate". The ability to pre-coordinate and prevent further loss of strength supercedes last minute coordination. The fact that his treaty has prompted such a strong reaction from Hellas, OP, and Kurdy (all supporters of OPs down declare) should serve as comfort to Misfit/Skaro nations that they do not want us to be coordinated because they know it's not in their best interests. Despite OPs very sketchy record of supporting the will between two sovereign alliances this treaty will be honored hopefully at all costs, for the sake of integrity. The treaty has been signed, published, and delivered. We don't need it to be baptised in the holy water or blessed, there is nothing you can do about forcing people to unsign it and throw it away so just accept it and move on and if you'd like celebrate with us - we have more .gifs to cover for whatever amount of wisdom you'd like you convey Kurdy.

Again Kurdy, I'm sorry for hurting you as the self proclaimed chief decorator of Misfits. I hope that one day, one day, you can forgive me.

tumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o2_250.giftumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o3_250.giftumblr_mt59vz2Byj1sh9h80o5_250.gif

Actually my post is completely on topic. I am just merely pointing out that Skaro chose a very poor alliance to sign a treaty with. You may have not liked the way I had done it but allow me to remind you that your nations have no money, don't know how to press buttons in the correct order, and don't know how many bombers they are supposed to have. But congrats on your treaty, now we can tech raid two alliances for the price of one.  Edited by Gingervites