Announcement from The Last Republic

3wl1.png

*yeah yeah, inb4 tanks comments*

It brings me great pleasure to announce that, on this 14th day of October 2013, The Last Republic celebrates its third birthday. It is no secret that our existence has had its share of highlights and setbacks, lapses in judgment and moments of pride. To be sure, these instances have rarely played out on the global stage, but we’ve nevertheless enjoyed our time thus far on Planet Bob.

Any sensible resident of this planet might tell you that over time, the daily grind of extorting exorbitant sums of money from your citizens inevitably loses its ability to provoke any small amount of excitement. While I’d never argue that quad-attacking someone at 1:00am doesn’t get the blood pumping, the thing that has consistently made our time on Bob enjoyable has been narwhals. Still reading? Cool, I’m impressed. I meant to say allies and “enemies” alike. A few shoutouts:

To The Legion, our former protector: What can we say? There’s always the usual refrain, “#rolleejun,” but this occasion seems too important. You’ve always been there for us *sniff sniff.*

To We Are Perth Army, partners in our longest-held treaty: Oi, ya drunk buggers! Break out the bagpipes and join us for a round or five. Might even be able to scrounge up a rugby ball … after all, soj has easy access to pig bladders.

To Invicta, the baddest bunch of horsemen and women the planet has ever seen: one of these days, we’re going to ride out together and it will be glorious. Also nascar :wub:

To Menotah, the alliance that will no doubt announce the cure for cancer any day now: *crickets* I swear they were here just a moment ago! *Tapes “luv ya 5evr” note to fridge*

To The Templar Knights and Knights of the Round Table: We love our knights – it’s true. We really need more wenulu.

To all you other lovely people (especially those who have left our ranks but remain on Bob), always feel free to drop by #lastrepublic for music, narwhals, or a chat. Soj will hopefully be at the door serving pigs in a blanket – no, not the tasty finger foods. He’ll be handing out actual swine wrapped up in blankets knitted by Feibelman.

TL;DR: TLR (the little one) has managed to survive three years.

sojourner, President & Chief of Pigs
StockHunter, VP & Minister of lolz
Feibelman, General & Master Pig Tamer
Bartlet, Colonel & Feibs' Bootscraper
Lord Markus, SoEcon & Resident Canadian Goose
Ser Brynden Tully, DSoEcon & ?
Gidget, SoDev & Keeper of the Keys
Bernhard Klein, SoFA & Head Bard
Edward Reed, DSoFA & Self-Proclaimed Doctor of Trollology