Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Always sucks to see a worthy adversary hang up his sword before I get the chance to fight them.  I can't say everyone in Polaris will share this sentiment but of the former Doomhouse, Mushroom Kingdom was the only signatory I had any true respect for.  The effect you guys had for better or for worse was still quite significant.

Good luck with... whatever you guys are gonna do now.  I would suggest goose hunting, season's just around the corner and it should be a pretty good year.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who was a) uninvolved in the events you reference and b) politically biased against those involved from the start, do us a favour and get fucked. I'm sick of people attempting to use what was a series of unfortunate accidents as some sort of political fodder.

Kait and Hoo haven't been on the radar of MK for years. You've been digging their graves to gain IC brownie points for ages. Who's deplorable now?

We're all very sorry we don't have the perspective of OOC attacking scumbags.  Maybe you can teach us rather than telling us to shut up.

Edited by Schattenmann

We're all very sorry we don't have the perspective of OOC attacking scumbags.  Maybe you can teach us rather than telling us to shut up.

It's more a question of:
If what they did is OOC, bringing it up to attack them in an IC forum is bollocks. Subtly (or most of the time, not) referencing to it in an IC place to score cheap political points , knowing the full details cannot be discussed or it will lead to a ban, is also bollocks. The latter has been done ad nauseam. 

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

It's more a question of:
If what they did is OOC, bringing it up to attack them in an IC forum is bollocks. Subtly (or most of the time, not) referencing to it in an IC place to score cheap political points , knowing the full details cannot be discussed or it will lead to a ban, is also bollocks. The latter has been done ad nauseam. 

Fathom the hypocrisy of claiming the OOC/IC distinction to prevent criticism of those who break it to harm both the man and the man behind the man.

This is the sort of circular self-serving intellectual dishonesty we might expect from the allies and protectors and indeed thereby propagators of the behavior.  Its emptiness is not lost on us.

Fathom the hypocrisy of claiming the OOC/IC distinction to prevent criticism of those who break it to harm both the man and the man behind the man.

This is the sort of circular self-serving intellectual dishonesty we might expect from the allies and protectors and indeed thereby propagators of the behavior.  Its emptiness is not lost on us.

Unfathomable! 

:edit: Because Schattenmann cares deeply about the word count on forum posts. 

Edited by tamerlane

I like the part where they painted themselves as the "noble saviors of an innocent child" and not a bunch of internet tough guys harassing and bullying people out of this world far more efficiently than the worst iteration of Pacifica could ever dream of.

I like the fact where they a playing a gambit to get a rise, and you people deliver much more promptly than FedEx or UPS.

I like the fact where they a playing a gambit to get a rise, and you people deliver much more promptly than FedEx or UPS.

But, see, we're all quite happy to remind the world why MK was a vile and disgusting mob of hooligans, and why their passing is not a loss, but rather a significant gain for the wider community.

But, see, we're all quite happy to remind the world why MK was a vile and disgusting mob of hooligans, and why their passing is not a loss, but rather a significant gain for the wider community.

Right, and you've done it so often now in this thread you've gotten attacked for your trouble and are giving people like me a dull headache.  For God's sake shut up.   :facepalm:

Mushroom Kingdom...sup?  

Not a lot to say here but, "vaya con dios."  My hope is that the vast majority of you stick around Planet Bob and make contributions wherever you may land in the future.  

i'm just glad we let that poor child escape their clutches so she could live with her caring biological father. after all, parents who would lie to the police, claiming their daughter had been kidnapped really have no place in society :)

also glad we helped expose moo as a fraud who was scamming people out of money and preying on younger members of the cn community. our only regret is that we couldn't inform the student union or charities he stole from, our information only coming to us after the incident with the dental hygienist. 

you can thank us in your own time. 

Good to see that actual facts still elude the Kingdom. It is oddly comforting to know that some things never change. MK certainly were successful game-wise, yet will forever have that stigma of an alliance that took it way too far.

Seeing MK disband brings little joy to anyone, to be honest. Why? Because the gutter trash that inhabited that alliance still exists. Immature children in their basements (or parent's basements?) eating ketchup packets and Cheetos, all the while laughing at how clever they are as they anxiously pound on their keyboard before one of their cohorts beat them to that next zinger.

There were several members of MK who contacted me to apologize and to let me know that they didn't agree with the behavior they saw. Sure, I wish thay would have said something in public, but I also understand why they wouldn't. To them, I sincerely hope that you find new homes that make you happy.

Me? I'm content with the notion that some members of MK were too lazy to get to me in-game and attempted to resort to low brow attacks outside of it. It is a victory of sorts to know that a group of individuals in a text based world were so angry that they just had to make it personal. I think back to conversations that I had with Grub where he pointed out that the children have inherited the game and mature adults simply don't have the energy to try anymore. He was right.

For sparing you and allowing you to go out on your own terms? You're welcome. ;)

Edited by Van Hoo Three

This is very disappointing. MK has been one of the most influential, controversial and infamous alliances on Planet Bob. And what do they do as their last act? Attack some worthless neutral alliance that isn't even close to being a worthy opponent? I hope Mushqaeda has something more in store and this is merely the opening act.

This is very disappointing. MK has been one of the most influential, controversial and infamous alliances on Planet Bob. And what do they do as their last act? Attack some worthless neutral alliance that isn't even close to being a worthy opponent? I hope Mushqaeda has something more in store and this is merely the opening act.

Allarchon's arms are open, brother. Come to him and he will reveal to you a vision you could never even dream of...

Just an aside, but when did consuming Cheetos become a hallmark of desperate loserdom. I like Cheetos, Cheetos are delicious.

They are tasty, especially the "Flamin' Hot". I meant together with the ketchup packets, though.

Apologies for not being more clear. :P

You expected more.