• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Nation Name:ThePromisedLand
  • Alliance Name:DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Methax War Dodger
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Misfits

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I don't think a rogue would be too concerned with war penalties. 

If I was going rogue (unthinkable I know) and things weren't going my way, I'd definitely race toward that 25-day mark to get my wars deleted and zip to peace mode.

#22 Caladin

Caladin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Nation Name:Kaitain
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Caladin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Ordo Paradoxia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Hence why the penalties are needed.

#23 Indian Bob

Indian Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Nation Name:Indinoplace
  • Alliance Name:Anarchy Inc

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

The problem is that you can't penalize people for things they pay money for.  Infra and tech are bonuses available through donations.  There doesn't need to be a penalty of such a major sort for someone who may have just gotten sick, but there does need to be something to slow down rogues who are gaming the system.

#24 Caladin

Caladin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Nation Name:Kaitain
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Caladin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Ordo Paradoxia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

At the moment, should you delete, you lose everything. Should my suggestion be implemented, you will lose a lot less, even should you be at war.

In addition to that, in most cases that a nation deletes due to inactivity, it will not be while at war; war encourages activity. A nation may choose to delete to escape staggering, but that is what the penalties are there to prevent.

#25 Indian Bob

Indian Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you per se, I just think the penalties are a bit much...

#26 Candor

Candor

Head Dellunatic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Nation Name:Dystopia
  • Alliance Name:Della Luna
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Patriot America
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Della Luna

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Personally, I think that option #1 especially is a great idea. For example, I recently was on vacation for a month. A little too long to be gone for, and near the end, in the back of my mind was my nation, falling to the ground in a fiery heap. (It's still here, since I got a sitter for it.) But my point is, it really isn't fair for the cutoff to be 25 days. I prefer 30-45, if Vacation Mode can't be implemented. I completely understand the other arguments, but I think you need to think of the benefits, here. Especially on option #1. If you have a one month vacation mode, that can be turned off when you log in, that could be really good for people who want to keep their nations alive but physically cannot go on the computer to do so. Then, have a 25 day inactivity period. After that, then it really is just the fault of the player for not logging in, though I of course have sympathy for those whom are ill and can't do it. Thanks for reading my big lecture! :D

#27 jerdge

jerdge

Heart of Gold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Nation Name:Gaela
  • Alliance Name:Gorgeous Perfect Alliance!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Personally, I also like Indian Bob's idea.

To flesh it out, I would suggest the following:
Once a nation goes past 25 days inactive, it is deactivated. This means that it

• No longer appears on any data screens
  • Its trades are deleted
  • Its pending FA transactions are canceled
  • Its wars are canceled
To reactivate, the Owner will just need to log in again.
When they do so, their nation will be in the following state:
  • 0 days inactive. They will lose 20 days of potential collection.
  • Unpaid bills remain unpaid. However, the days when the nation was deactivated will not count towards them, to prevent bill lock from occurring in most cases.
  • Moon and Mars colony expiration dates will remain unchanged.
  • Dates that they are next allowed to change their government, religion, DEFCON, Threat Level and Resources remain unchanged.
  • On the 'None' AA.
  • Land growth will not occur while deactivated
Should they have been at war when their nation went inactive, the following will also happen:
  • Their nuclear stockpile will be reset to zero.
  • Their navy will be reset to zero.
  • Their nation will lose 30% of their warchest, 25% of their infra, 25% of their purchased land and 15% of their tech.
I feel that the penalties for deleting while at war are severe enough that it won't be used as an escape tactic and thus that will not become an issue.

I too support this idea, but with the following tweak:

The reactivated nation should be in Peace or War Mode according to what they had set prior going into vacation mode, and be unable to change it before 5 days (also having to collect before exiting Peace Mode, as usual). They should not be able to declare war for 5 days, but they should be open to be declared upon (if in War Mode). This should rule out any attempt to exploit the system to escape staggers during war.

For this reason, I would simply remove the above penalties for those that were at war, as they'd constitute an easy way for other players to inflict grief on the individual coming back ("hey he's 24 days inactive, let's prepare him for an ugly surprise, should he come back... DoW!!!1111") If the above restriction to War/Peace mode is applied the system could not be abused to get an easy exit from war staggers, anyway.

Edited by jerdge, 15 October 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#28 Mr Director

Mr Director

Zero Casualties for life!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Nation Name:Czechoslovakia
  • Alliance Name:World Task Force

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Im not sure why the person coming out of vacation mode should be set to none AA though. A rouge most likely wouldnt be in a legitimate alliance, so it wouldn't affect them, and it would just be a nuisance for anyone else.

#29 enderland

enderland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts
  • Nation Name:Fields of Elysium
  • Alliance Name:The Grämlins

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

To fix the rogue problem make the following, simply make it so vacation mode is only activated for nations with no wars.

Basically, implement this exact solution but change "Once a nation goes past 25 days inactive" to be "Once a nation goes past 25 days inactive and has no active wars."

• Its trades are deleted
  • Its wars are canceled

• Unpaid bills remain unpaid. However, the days when the nation was deactivated will not count towards them, to prevent bill lock from occurring in most cases.
  • Dates that they are next allowed to change their government, religion, DEFCON, Threat Level and Resources remain unchanged.
  • On the 'None' AA.

Should they have been at war when their nation went inactive, the following will also happen:

• Their nation will lose 30% of their warchest, 25% of their infra, 25% of their purchased land and 15% of their tech.

I feel that the penalties for deleting while at war are severe enough that it won't be used as an escape tactic and thus that will not become an issue.

#30 Helbrecht

Helbrecht

\m/ >_< \m/

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Nation Name:Cephian IV
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

To fix the rogue problem make the following, simply make it so vacation mode is only activated for nations with no wars.

Basically, implement this exact solution but change "Once a nation goes past 25 days inactive" to be "Once a nation goes past 25 days inactive and has no active wars."

It would be too easy to ensure someone you dont like and who is nearing inactivation, gets deleted by declaring a war on them on day 23-24 and doing a bunch of GAs on them. If all it took to avoid inactive status and be a candidate for deletion was the fact that you had active wars.

#31 Dragonshy

Dragonshy

Envoy of the dead Dragonshy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Nation Name:Cloudshy
  • Alliance Name:GPA
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Dreamworld
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:War Doves

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Remove the ability to view another player's "days active" status. Problem solved.

#32 enderland

enderland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,107 posts
  • Nation Name:Fields of Elysium
  • Alliance Name:The Grämlins

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

It would be too easy to ensure someone you dont like and who is nearing inactivation, gets deleted by declaring a war on them on day 23-24 and doing a bunch of GAs on them. If all it took to avoid inactive status and be a candidate for deletion was the fact that you had active wars.

Did you not read the suggestion?

The suggestion is nations become deactivated, not deleted.

Edited by enderland, 24 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#33 Helbrecht

Helbrecht

\m/ >_< \m/

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Nation Name:Cephian IV
  • Alliance Name:New Polar Order

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

It was a response to a particular post, the one quoted in my response. If you remove the ability of a nation to enter vacation mode (or deactivated) if a nation has wars, what happens on day 26? All that preceded that post of yours (quoted by me) was a discussion regarding what vacation mode would entail and how it should be implemented. The alternative to vacation mode being inactivity deletion.

Hope it is clear now, the point i was trying to make.

#34 Indian Bob

Indian Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Right, but they only if you can't get deactivated because you're in a war then the only alternative is deletion...

[Sorry, didn't see that Helbrecht already said the same thing.]

Edited by Indian Bob, 25 October 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#35 Blacknite3d

Blacknite3d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Nation Name:Washington
  • Alliance Name:Green Protection Agency

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

I would really like to see something put in place right now since I am going to be gone here shortly, and there is no point of me playing if my nation is going to be deleted when I come back.

I do not see why we cannot deactivate nations after seven days (incase there is a war, the war will continue until expire and then the nation becomes deactivated, therefore nothing is lost or gain except the time frame of seven days).

#36 Mandystalin

Mandystalin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Nation Name:Lutonstan
  • Alliance Name:The Templar Knights

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

• Its trades are deleted
  • Its wars are canceled

• On the 'None' AA.

Love this.

#37 Blacknite3d

Blacknite3d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Nation Name:Washington
  • Alliance Name:Green Protection Agency

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Who do we need to talk to about getting a suggestion approved?  I would like something to be put in place before I deploy and get my nation deleted.

#38 emperordhruv

emperordhruv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Nation Name:America44
  • Alliance Name:MI6

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

It all depends, sometimes suggestions aren't implemented for months if not over a year. Variables are also considered (pros,cons) etc.

#39 Holy Ruler

Holy Ruler

TTE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Nation Name:New Quds
  • Alliance Name:TTE

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Caladin's suggestion is superb in the sense it makes abuse not worthy.

The deletion after 25 days has cost many a CN player. I am for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users