Best bad posters

zoskia

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between getting all of your thoughts out, which should usually take about a paragraph or two, maybe even three; then there's writing essays that take up entire pages and expecting people to read them. Sorry, not gonna happen.

You're absolutely right. That's the problem I have with books as well. I don't understand the point of so many words. It isn't like anyone is going to read all that. What's the point?

ColonelDionysus

Ooh. Sick. Burn.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

ColonelDionysus

Oh no I've just been owned on the internet!  :(

There is a difference between getting all of your thoughts out, which should usually take about a paragraph or two, maybe even three; then there's writing essays that take up entire pages and expecting people to read them. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Sometimes people have thoughts that are too complex to be expressed in one or two paragraphs.

I'm sure you never have that problem, though.

You're absolutely right. That's the problem I have with books as well. I don't understand the point of so many words. It isn't like anyone is going to read all that. What's the point?

Sometimes people have thoughts that are too complex to be expressed in one or two paragraphs.

I'm sure you never have that problem, though.

I am 100% sure that a book holds a lot more sentimental value than the opinions of some random person on the internet. Not that I don't respect his/her opinions, I simply do not have the time to read page long posts. I will respect your opinions more if you make your posts easy to read, instead of just rambling.

I am 100% sure that a book holds a lot more sentimental value than the opinions of some random person on the internet. Not that I don't respect his/her opinions, I simply do not have the time to read page long posts. I will respect your opinions more if you make your posts easy to read, instead of just rambling.

If you do not read the entire argument, but only respond to parts you deem "important" (without accounting for context), you are not responding to what you think you are. In fact, you may as well attribute an entirely different argument to that person. If reading more than two paragraphs is too difficult for you, do yourself a favor and just don't post.

I am 100% sure that a book holds a lot more sentimental value than the opinions of some random person on the internet.

Most books can be the opinion of random people that probably go on the internet. Just because you pay to see it doesn't mean your argument is valid.

Steve Buscemi

Wow, the butthurt really does run strong with you.   No need to be mad, I just called you out because you made one of the most hypocritical posts I've ever seen.  I honestly had no idea who you were until I read some of your posts and wondered how you got to be leading....well.....anything.

Wow, the butthurt really does run strong with you.   No need to be mad, I just called you out because you made one of the most hypocritical posts I've ever seen.  I honestly had no idea who you were until I read some of your posts and wondered how you got to be leading....well.....anything.

I suppose you are one of the leading experts in hypocrisy.

Yes it does.

I have read books that two to three chapters in I have deemed complete rubbish and not worth my time. I have also read books that were so filled with worthwhile knowing that I read two, three times or more. The point is, I wouldn't have been able to come to those conclusions unless I had read the books.

You never read. You see anything longer than two paragraphs and run away in fear. Are you sure you're fully literate?

I have read books that two to three chapters in I have deemed complete rubbish and not worth my time. I have also read books that were so filled with worthwhile knowing that I read two, three times or more. The point is, I wouldn't have been able to come to those conclusions unless I had read the books.

You never read. You see anything longer than two paragraphs and run away in fear. Are you sure you're fully literate?

Exactly, if you cannot get my attention in the first two paragraphs; a proper response isn't even necessary.

Exactly, if you cannot get my attention in the first two paragraphs; a proper response isn't even necessary.

No, that's not at all what I am saying. What I am trying to get through your thick head is that if you cannot bother to make a proper response then don't bothering making one at all.

Right, but I think the issue here is that, despite the unnecessary nature of the response, you're still making one. Either reading the whole post to respond in it's proper context, or not responding at all is probably the right way to go.

Right, but I think the issue here is that, despite the unnecessary nature of the response, you're still making one. Either reading the whole post to respond in it's proper context, or not responding at all is probably the right way to go.

I didn't bother reading this tiresome wall of text, but might I humbly suggest that in the future you try to make your posting a little bit more succinct if you wish to illicit a well-thought response? You're welcome.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

I didn't bother reading this tiresome wall of text, but might I humbly suggest that in the future you try to make your posting a little bit more succinct if you wish to illicit a well-thought response? You're welcome.

So is that worthy of a tl;dr - not worth a reply?

Sometimes it is not possible to do this, especially in regards to politics. This often involves complex ideas which cannot always be expressed in convenient little bits. Sometimes, if certain "unimportant" pieces are left out, doing so can change the entire idea that is being expressed. If you are not able to understand this simple fact, then perhaps you may not be as smart as you think.

So go ahead and read a bit more. It won't hurt.

No one cares.

I just agreed with an RV post that mentions politics. What is the world coming to?

I suppose you are one of the leading experts in hypocrisy.

Objectively speaking, Steve Buscemi is one of the best posters in NG and definitely in the upper rankings of the OWF in general. I don't know you, but yeah. Being someone's IC enemy hardly makes them a bad poster.

No, that's not at all what I am saying. What I am trying to get through your thick head is that if you cannot bother to make a proper response then don't bothering making one at all.

I understand what you're saying. For me, I reply anyway out of respect for the other person and because I love debating others; it helps me to see things from others' perspectives. I skim through it to pick up on what I feel I need to respond to and make a reply. In most posts like this, half of it is irrelevant rubbish and the other half is information that is important to the debate.